watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Move over Mark

Started by Sheepskin Junior, January 22, 2011, 05:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamby

(repeating what I posted on the offal when someone else suggested this)

We are 1 4 points off relegation

So you want to replace a guy with 459 Premier League games, 82 internationals, 2 world cups and 14 years of keeping teams in this division (while missing less than a dozen games) with a slightly overweight, injury prone keeper with 5 9 premier leagues games to his name?

You my friend, are a moron.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: lamby on January 22, 2011, 10:03:35 PM

So you want to replace a guy with 459 Premier League games, 82 internationals, 2 world cups and 14 years of keeping teams in this division (while missing less than a dozen games) with a slightly overweight, injury prone keeper with 5 9 premier leagues games to his name?

Bit ott Lamby  :046:

Burt

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 22, 2011, 08:30:17 PM
I thought Stockdale was superb today, trouble is Schwarzers just signed for another two years!

Agree, he dealt with what came his way vary capably. But he was hardly the busiest keeper, Stoke were pretty mediocre in front of goal.

lamby

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 22, 2011, 10:13:13 PM
Quote from: lamby on January 22, 2011, 10:03:35 PM

Bit ott Lamby  :046:

Yep. Sorry. A bit OTT and personal.

But, when you highlight the difference, like I did, you can see the ridiculousness of the suggestion to replace Schwarzer. Sure, Stockdale will be a really good keeper (if he can keep his weight down and stay injury free.) But the difference between staying up and going down in this league pretty much boils down to keeper errors from the bottom teams. Look at our great escape season, inconsistent keeping almost cost us badly. We have, on balance, probably one of the top 5 keepers from this league from the last 10 years. He will not be happy sitting on the bench.

HatterDon

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 22, 2011, 10:00:21 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 22, 2011, 09:48:55 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 22, 2011, 09:39:32 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 22, 2011, 09:35:23 PM
I thought Stockdale was superb today, trouble is Schwarzers just signed for another two years!

How is that trouble? We need two good keepers in the first team squad.

The trouble is, is Stockdale going to sit on the bench for two years when we all know he is good enough to be number 1.

and you know this how?

8 games Stockdales played this seasons, we have lost a total of 0.

And that's why Stockdale is going to sit on the bench for two years? Sorry, I have no idea what that last statement means.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on January 23, 2011, 05:09:25 AM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 22, 2011, 10:00:21 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 22, 2011, 09:48:55 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 22, 2011, 09:39:32 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 22, 2011, 09:35:23 PM

How is that trouble? We need two good keepers in the first team squad.

The trouble is, is Stockdale going to sit on the bench for two years when we all know he is good enough to be number 1.

and you know this how?

8 games Stockdales played this seasons, we have lost a total of 0.

And that's why Stockdale is going to sit on the bench for two years? Sorry, I have no idea what that last statement means.

What I mean is, will Stockdale be happy having to sit on the bench behind Schwarzer waiting for his chance again, or will he move on.
FTID