watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Move over Mark

Started by Sheepskin Junior, January 22, 2011, 05:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheepskin Junior

Stocko's played 7 or so games this season... we have lost none and it was another clean sheet for him today. Time for him to be number 1?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

FFCSteve

I've said since Schwarz put in a transfer request we should go with Stockers.
I see SSN did a little profile on him today. I just hope we keep hold of him. After all Schwarz is nearing the end of his career, Stockers is just starting his.

Keep all your thieving hands off!!!!!! 

COYW!!!!!!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

MisfitKid

An England call up?  Now that he is healthy.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Crede15

I still feel more comfortable with Schwartz back there. But Stockdale is a capable replacement and it sets  up nicely with him taking over for Mark next year or two years from now.

He didn't do anything wrong today but he didn't really have anything to do. I missed about ten minutes when the stream went down so maybe I missed something.

nevzter

from what he's shown thus far, he's quality - rough around the edges but matches will remedy that
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

os5889

8 games 0 defeats  :wine:

Lighthouse

I agree but will be more impressed if with the type of fixtures coming out he remains unbeaten.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

very pleased with him, but be honest he had a shocker at Wigan.

leonffc

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 22, 2011, 06:09:34 PM

Can't really blame him for the goal. Hughes got caught under the ball and Brede was out on the wing for some reason. In real life Brede should be attacking the ball with Hughes dropping off covering

jarv

Goalkeepers are different today. A few years ago, Stockdale would be undisputed #1. He has been patient and will probably need to continue for a while. He has a long career ahead, his time will come soon. Teams need 2 top keepers these days. Maybe next season and Schwartz. drops to #2. Would be good for Fulham!  :045:

Tom

His play speakes for itself. We have not lost with him between the pipes.  :54:
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on January 22, 2011, 05:13:37 PM
Stocko's played 7 or so games this season... we have lost none and it was another clean sheet for him today. Time for him to be number 1?
I think he has earned and deserves to be given the chance to be the #1.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: FFCSteve on January 22, 2011, 05:22:43 PM
I've said since Schwarz put in a transfer request we should go with Stockers.

COYW!!!!!!
I said the same thing.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: os5889 on January 22, 2011, 05:36:31 PM
8 games 0 defeats  :wine:
Now that speaks for itself!!!  :54: :54: :54: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Fulham for life!

SmithyFFC

I thought Stockdale was superb today, trouble is Schwarzers just signed for another two years!
FTID

HatterDon

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 22, 2011, 08:30:17 PM
I thought Stockdale was superb today, trouble is Schwarzers just signed for another two years!

How is that trouble? We need two good keepers in the first team squad.

As to who should keep the gloves in the starting XI, the only reason Mark got in was because Young Mr. Stockdale got an injury. Mark looked very shakey in his first couple of starts and then rounded into form. I figure that, unless Stockers takes a knock, or has a complete meltdown, that he should keep starting. Now isn't THAT an object lesson in club or country?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on January 22, 2011, 09:35:23 PM

The trouble is, is Stockdale going to sit on the bench for two years when we all know he is good enough to be number 1.
FTID

HatterDon

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 22, 2011, 09:39:32 PM

The trouble is, is Stockdale going to sit on the bench for two years when we all know he is good enough to be number 1.

and you know this how?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: leonffc on January 22, 2011, 06:40:03 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 22, 2011, 06:09:34 PM

Can't really blame him for the goal. Hughes got caught under the ball and Brede was out on the wing for some reason. In real life Brede should be attacking the ball with Hughes dropping off covering
Yep Hughes fecked up and must take most of the blame, but Stockers went backwards instead of cleaning everyone out and taking the ball. And he dropped an enourmous bollack (ok ball) early on which we was very lucky to escape. Apart from that i'm very happy with him, and if he hadn't got injured should have kept his place, but at the moment i'd still prefer the Aussie at no1, though after the Arsenal saga i find it hard to find any emotional attachment to him.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on January 22, 2011, 09:48:55 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 22, 2011, 09:39:32 PM

and you know this how?

8 games Stockdales played this seasons, we have lost a total of 0.
FTID