https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Vini gone?

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 03, 2024, 08:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

btffc

He's been linked with quite a few Brazilian clubs recently. Think it is likely dependent on a striker coming in first. In the Summer we were set to loan him to a Turkish club but after we couldn't get a new striker in we pulled the plug on it.

Southcoastffc

The article says they are interested in him. So not gone.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

If so, good luck Vini. I will never forget your winner v that lot up the road.  ::thumb:: 

ianthailand

Just because someone may have enquired about his availability doesn't mean he's gone. Been reading 'The Sun' headlines too often, stick to page 3 mate.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: ianthailand on January 04, 2024, 01:41:37 AMJust because someone may have enquired about his availability doesn't mean he's gone. Been reading 'The Sun' headlines too often, stick to page 3 mate.
Bit OTT. He wrote "Gone?", not "Gone". Maybe you should stick to reading the sun?
At least we can all agree the sun is the cancer of society

ianthailand

Quote from: Cambridge Away on January 04, 2024, 06:32:19 AM
Quote from: ianthailand on January 04, 2024, 01:41:37 AMJust because someone may have enquired about his availability doesn't mean he's gone. Been reading 'The Sun' headlines too often, stick to page 3 mate.
Bit OTT. He wrote "Gone?", not "Gone". Maybe you should stick to reading the sun?
Sorry didn't see the ? mark. He's a friend so he'll take the joke in the spirit it's meant.

Bassey the warrior

Hopefully we can at least get our money back on him.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: ianthailand on January 04, 2024, 07:31:44 AM
Sorry didn't see the ? mark. He's a friend so he'll take the joke in the spirit it's meant.
Fair enough  ::cool::

Banter aside, Vini is definitely gone though. Just from how he has been used recently. We will have a new striker and Muniz will be third choice (That is why Marco has been playing him).

I laughed at Vini's amazing ability to know exatly where the line is for his sh*thousery, but i don't think Marco is of such relaxed disposition, especially with Jiminez' recent sending off

ianthailand

Quote from: Cambridge Away on January 04, 2024, 07:37:56 AM
Quote from: ianthailand on January 04, 2024, 07:31:44 AM
Fair enough  ::cool::

Banter aside, Vini is definitely gone though. Just from how he has been used recently. We will have a new striker and Muniz will be third choice (That is why Marco has been playing him).

I laughed at Vini's amazing ability to know exatly where the line is for his sh*thousery, but i don't think Marco is of such relaxed disposition, especially with Jiminez' recent sending off
No problem. You must have a stronger constitution than mine re Vini and the line, i'm with Marco.

Twig

I'll be glad to see Vini off, I've had to conclude he simply isn't good enough for us. Neither do I expect us to make a headline striker signing this winter, the market is too tough. A loan or the recall of Jay (not ideal) would cover us until the summer.

filham

We have Vinnie, Muniz, Stansfield and Jimenez all scouted and signed for good fees but none quite good enough for a mid table premier league club.
We could now be considering spending further millions on yet another striker, will we do better this time.

gang

Jimenez is certainly mid table premier league quality.

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 04, 2024, 10:19:28 AMWe have Vinnie, Muniz, Stansfield and Jimenez all scouted and signed for good fees but none quite good enough for a mid table premier league club.
We could now be considering spending further millions on yet another striker, will we do better this time.

How do you arrive at the conclusion that Jimenez isn't good enough? And Stansfield come to that?

Cambridge Away

Quote from: gang on January 04, 2024, 10:47:11 AMJimenez is certainly mid table premier league quality.
He's an interesting one. If he has returned to his form pre-injury (and perhaps making up for lost time) he might be even higher than that. I am sure even Arsenal could do with him on current form.

He injured himself almost three years ago though, so it is incredible that right now (after so long) we are seeing such quality. And all for a bargain £5m! How times have changed from being ripped off for players like Kay Voser.

filham

Quote from: Twig on January 04, 2024, 01:34:58 PM
Quote from: filham on January 04, 2024, 10:19:28 AMWe have Vinnie, Muniz, Stansfield and Jimenez all scouted and signed for good fees but none quite good enough for a mid table premier league club.

How do you arrive at the conclusion that Jimenez isn't good enough? And Stansfield come to that?

We are half way through the season and only have just about settled on Jimenez as 1st choice, up to now they seem to have shared the game time among the three of them. If Stansfield had been considered ready he would not have been sent on loan.

H4usuallysitting

Have you gone mad

Happy New Year....by the way

Bronaldinho

He was on a high at the end of the last season, and with Mitrovic leaving, he likely felt that he was going to be the leading man finally. He's always been the plan B and at times has proved he can be the number one striker.

Sadly, Silva's preference for Raul even through the bad performances, has lead to some fallout with Silva. Hence the Muniz gametime over him too.

Shame, as he's a great character amongst the squad, and got a lot of friends at the club (Joao, Willian, Andreas and Muniz)

Agent seems to working overtime to get an exit route.

There was a 50% sell-on clause with Benfica, so it's going to be interesting to see what sort of fee we are asking for.

Rumoured to be asking for around £5-7m for Muniz but Brazillian sides won't pay.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 04, 2024, 02:16:57 PM
Quote from: Twig on January 04, 2024, 01:34:58 PM

We are half way through the season and only have just about settled on Jimenez as 1st choice, up to now they seem to have shared the game time among the three of them. If Stansfield had been considered ready he would not have been sent on loan.

Jimenez has clearly taken some considerable time to start to find his old form but he undeniably was Prem quality and recently has looked every inch Prem quality again.
Stansfield is young, still developing and out on loan. To declare that he isn't Prem quality before he's ever been tested at that level seems rather perjorative to me. (Although if you meant to say that you doubt that he is yet up to Prem level then I could agree).

ianthailand

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 04, 2024, 04:12:41 PM

Have you gone mad

Happy New Year....by the way
And to you and yours. Hope Sussex is working out.