watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff - 4/01/24

Started by WhiteJC, January 03, 2024, 10:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Should Fulham bring Fabio Carvalho home?

Charlie Shaw weighs up the pros and cons of bringing our starboy back from his troubles at Liverpool.

In the wake of just 158 minutes of Bundesliga action, Fabio Carvalho's stock has fallen drastically from his 19 goal contributions as an integral part of Marco Silva's Fulham attack in the 2021/22 campaign. Fabio had the world at his feet at Craven Cottage, but he chose to leave it all behind. With rumours circulating that the Liverpool man would be open to a return to Motspur Park, the question is, should Fulham now be the ones to leave Carvalho behind?

Weighing up the return

Fulham in recent weeks, have seemed keen to persist with the attacking trio of Cairney, Pereira and Iwobi. Meaning Fabio would certainly fit into many roles of Fulham's revamped system. Adept to play off the left, with an ability to come inside, or start in Pereira role of a traditional number 10, the addition of Carvalho would add much needed competition and youth for places within Fulham's thin first team squad. The addition of a press resistant yet creative, dynamic number 10 is a commodity within modern football, as Carvalho's skill set, best showcased under Marco Silva's tenure, fits into the mould of what is asked of modern-day attacking midfielder, partnering his obvious technical gifts, with a tenacious work rate, which helps him avoid becoming a luxury player out of possession.

If Fabio wishes to return to the Cottage, Fulham have the power in these negotiations. With Liverpool's often-criticised treatment of the former Fulham star, and the recent deterioration in the Leipzig loanee's value, both parties may see fit to move their separate ways, with both an initial loan to permanent deal or an initial transfer both attractive to both parties. Frustratingly for Fulham, the low fee Fulham received for Carvalho, could see Liverpool still recoup a small profit for the Championship winner's services.

Wilfred Zaha's thwarted spell at Manchester United leaves many parallels to Carvalho's time at Liverpool. After leaving boyhood club Crystal Palace, Zaha struggled both on and off the pitch in the North West, and out on loan at Cardiff City, before returning to his beloved Palace for nine seasons, cementing himself as a club icon. Similarly to Zaha, Fabio could learn from his experience, something tying him closer to his former home in South West London. His depleted desire to move away to a club to a another big club could lead to Fulham keeping a hold of a potential superstar for longer than we have seen with previous stars, while still presenting the club with a major financial asset to cash in on when the time is right.

The return of the Fab

In conclusion, the opportunity for a club of Fulham's stature to capture the services of a 21-year-old with all the attributes to reach the very top of the world's game can't be passed up. Fulham would be reckless to let any personal gripes about his exit get in the way of giving Marco Silva the keys to revive a potential world-class players career, as we have seen him do in differing circumstances before. With a chance to finish off what he started at Craven Cottage, Fulham may just be the place where Carvalho is meant to be, to become a legend.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2024-01-03-should-fulham-bring-fabio-carvalho-home/

WhiteJC

'Quality' Fulham player put in brilliant performance against Arsenal on New Year's Eve
Fulham produced their most surprising result of the season on New Year's Eve after defeating Arsenal at Craven Cottage, with striker Raul Jimenez playing a starring role.

The Mexican forward was back on the score sheet after his three-match suspension with club captain Tom Cairney setting up his equaliser.

Bobby De Cordova-Reid scored the winner but it was the 32-year-old that pundit Robbie Mustoe wanted to praise on The 2 Robbies Podcast.

When Raul Jimenez was sent off for one of the more unique challenges seen in the Premier League this season, there was a worry among the fanbase about how easily Marco Silva would be able to replace him.

Rodrigo Muniz is full of energy but still without a Premier League goal to his name while Carlos Vinicius appears to be completely out of favour.

There has even been a suggestion in the past that De Cordova-Reid could play as a false nine but the reality is, that Silva's system is way too reliant on a striker with Jimenez's skill set.

When Jimenez returned to the Fulham line-up against Arsenal – alongside Willian – Silva's team on paper was at least much closer to full strength.

Few would have predicted the final result – especially after the defeats that preceded this match – but Fulham very much deserved their win and to finally earn a victory over a title-challenging side.

Mustoe hails Jimenez as Fulham defeat Arsenal
Speaking about the Mexican international, Mustoe said: "We all know that we expected a tougher season with Aleksandar Mitrovic leaving for Saudi Arabia and Raul Jimenez had done nothing, hadn't scored a goal and it's good to see him scoring again.

"Big Raul Jimenez, the Mexican striker, he's got a load of quality, obviously had that horrific head injury a few seasons ago now and I just feel good for him because he's got quality, he's got technique, he's starting to score goals, the fans all of a sudden he'll appease everybody.

"And Fulham is a good story and there's no question that Marco Silva now an experienced manager in English football is a good Premier League manager and they sit comfortably kind of mid-table-ish, a little lower than that."

There were worries among the fanbase that Jimenez may have been the wrong man to replace Aleksandar Mitrovic as he struggled to score his first league goal for the Whites.

However, he finally broke his duck in a 3-1 defeat to Aston Villa and has looked like a different player ever since.

Arsenal couldn't handle Jimenez on New Year's Eve and it was arguably his best-ever performance for Fulham.

He now has four league goals in his last four appearances and despite links to other forwards, Jimenez looks like Silva's man for the rest of the season.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/01/03/quality-fulham-player-put-in-brilliant-performance-against-arsenal-on-new-years-eve/

WhiteJC

Jay Stansfield transfer latest: Ipswich Town and Sunderland battle, Birmingham City future
The Fulham striker is currently on loan at Birmingham City and has attracted the interest of fellow Championship clubs

Jay Stansfield has been a shining light for Birmingham City in recent times, despite the club's poor run of form which has cost Wayne Rooney his job.

Rooney departed St Andrew's after Birmingham's 3-0 defeat to Leeds United on New Year's Day, which meant the Blues found themselves in 20th place in the Championship table.

However, Fulham loanee Stansfield has continued to perform well for the Blues, and has impressed during his loan spell in the West Midlands.

The 21-year-old has scored seven times in 24 league appearances for the club, making him the club's top scorer. Given his age, and goalscoring record playing in a struggling side, it's no surprise that other clubs are said to be interested in the former Exeter man.

Birmingham Mail reported last week that Fulham haven't notified Birmingham City of any plans to recall Stansfield this month, but Rooney confirmed that the Cottagers were able to recall the player if they wished to do so.

Here is the latest Jay Stansfield transfer news....

Ipswich Town hold preliminary talks over a move for Jay Stansfield
According to Football Insider, Ipswich Town have held preliminary talks with Fulham over a move for Jay Stansfield.

Despite a poor run of form for their recent high standards, the Tractor Boys are still second in the Championship and in the hunt for automatic promotion. A move for Stansfield could be crucial in helping to get them over the line, particularly with fellow striker Dane Scarlett being recalled by Tottenham.

Fulham are said to be open to recalling Stansfield and loaning him to another club in the division, so it remains to be seen whether the striker will remain a Birmingham player come the start of February.

After his penultimate game in charge of Birmingham against Bristol City, Rooney told the Birmingham Mail, "Jay has been great for us. He's an important player for us. Of course he's a Fulham player and he's gained great experience here, and he will continue to do that.

"Ultimately, we have been in touch with Fulham. As far as we're aware, he will be with us. Fulham have a window where they can pull him back. If that's what they do then it's out of our control."

Sunderland keeping tabs on Stansfield's situation
Sky Sports reporter Keith Downie has reported that Stansfield is one of a number of strikers that the club are keeping tabs on in January.

The Black Cats were desperate to sign the striker in the summer, however it never materialised and he subsequently joined Birmingham City.

Ex-Sunderland manager Tony Mowbray told The Northern Echo in November that the club were confident of signing Stansfield in the summer.

"I never got to the point of expecting him to arrive the next day but it's something we chased pretty hard," said Mowbray.

I did have a conversation with him, I spoke to his manager at Fulham and they were pretty sound and happy that he was coming here. For whatever reason, that didn't happen."

Stansfield cited geographical reasons for his decision to join Birmingham, telling the Birmingham official website that being close to his family in London was important to him.

"I am quite a big family man and I like having my family around me, so it is perfect for them to be able to come up and watch the games and for me to be able to go home and see them still," said Stansfield.

Whether Sunderland's distance from London will put Stansfield off a move to the Stadium of Light remains to be seen, but the Black Cats seem determined to finally bring the striker to the North East.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jay-stansfield-transfer-latest/

WhiteJC

Liverpool starlet's January loan club 'revealed' in cruel blow to Leicester City and Southampton
Liverpool recalled the 21-year-old from his spell at RB Leipzig earlier this week due to a lack of playing time.

Fabio Carvalho has been tipped to re-join Premier League outfit Fulham on loan for the remainder of the season. The 21-year-old is on the lookout for a new club and source of regular minutes after being recalled from his spell at RB Leipzig.

Carvalho was originally due to spend the season with Leipzig but has played just 165 minutes of Bundesliga football, with only one start. He made 16 appearances for the German side across all competitions but at no point looked set to play a significant role in their campaign.

Liverpool made the decision to cut his loan spell short but are working to find a new club for the attacking midfielder. And that new club could indeed be an old club, with BILD reporting that he will 'probably' spend the second-half of the season at Fulham.

Carvalho swapped Craven Cottage for Anfield in May of 2022 after helping Fulham earn promotion from the Championship. His deal with the Cottagers had expired but due to his age, Liverpool were made to pay compensation of around £5million plus add-ons.

The Portuguese youngster registered 19 appearances for Jurgen Klopp's side last season but found himself on the periphery of the first-team picture once again. Summer strengthening at Anfield saw the potential of regular football dwindle further and his immediate future will likely be away from Merseyside.

The priority for both Liverpool and Carvalho is the assurance of regular football, given a lack of it was the main reason his loan at Leipzig was cut short. There has been serious interest from the top of the Championship, namely Leicester City and Southampton.

A move to Fulham would hand Carvalho the chance to gain Premier League experience but guaranteed game-time is less likely in the capital. Marco Silva's side already have a wealth of attacking-midfield options, including Andreas Pereira and Tom Cairney, plus a number of options in wide areas.

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/liverpool/liverpool-starlet-january-loan-club-revealed-blow-leicester-city-southampton-4464457

WhiteJC

Fulham, Crystal Palace eyeing Kalvin Phillips swoop

Newcastle United might not sign Kalvin Phillips in January, but Fulham and Crystal Palace are reportedly interested in the Manchester City outcast.
According to a report by i News, Crystal Palace and Fulham have joined the race to sign Kalvin Phillips. The English international has also been a target for Newcastle United ahead of the January transfer window. But the Tyneside outfit might not launch the offensive to land the Manchester City outcast.

Kalvin Phillips and His Manchester City Travails
Kalvin Phillips has seen his career come to a stuttering half since joining Manchester City from Leeds United. The Premier League champions had shelled out £45 million to secure his services. But the investment has been a waste, with Phillips failing to win over Pep Guardiola at the Etihad.

The 28-year-old barely featured last season and has managed only 319 minutes of game time thus far this term. Phillips has not even earned any action whenever Rodri has been unavailable. So, with the January transfer window opening, the English international is keen on embarking on a new adventure.

Widespread reports have linked Kalvin Phillips with Newcastle United. Recent updates have claimed that the Magpies are the front-runners to land the Englishman. But i News has suggested that Newcastle United will not make knee-jerk decisions this month, with a deal for Phillips stalling. But Crystal Palace and Fulham are keen on signing him.

Crystal Palace, Fulham Vying for Kalvin Phillips
Crystal Palace can do with a new midfielder this month after losing Cheick Doucoure to a long-term injury. The Malian international has been a pivotal figure for the Eagles, who need a replacement for him. Several candidates, including Adam Wharton, have thus emerged on Crystal Palace's radar. But Phillips is also a viable target.

As for Fulham, the Cottagers are in a spot of bother over Joao Palhinha's long-term future. Andre Trindade has thus emerged as the top target to replace the Portuguese international. But while Fulham might be closing in on signing the Brazilian international, they are keeping their options open, with Kalvin Phillips emerging as an option.

With Newcastle United not necessarily pursuing Phillips's signature, Crystal Palace and Fulham will fancy their chances. But it is unclear if the English international is open to joining either London club in the January transfer window.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2024/01/03/fulham-crystal-palace-eyeing-kalvin-phillips-swoop/

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney hopes for Scotland recall for Euro 2024 after years in international wilderness
The midfielder has two caps and would love to be in Germany this summer

Tom Cairney hasn't given up hope of a return to the Scotland scene for this summer's Euros.

The English-born Fuham midfielder has just two caps after initially being called up by Gordon Strachan in 2017. Both appearances were in friendlies meaning he was still eligible for the country of his birth but no call-up has ever materialised and he could still pull on the dark blue aga

Now 32, he was actually included in Steve Clarke's first ever squad but was an unused sub for Euro 2020 qualifiers against Cyprus and Belgium. He has still been starring in the Premier League and despite not having a look-in at international level for a few years, he admits he'd love to be at Euro 2024.

"I've been watching and Steve Clarke has done an unbelievable job. The team are playing their best football in years.

"Qualifying for the Euros is a big achievement and I've been a bit of a fan watching their games.

"I'm still eligible and if if keep doing what I'm doing, you never know - stranger things have happened and I might creep in.

"I still hope to play some part."

Cairney played for Scotland at youth level and while an under-21s player, he admitted his Scots dad would kill him if he played for England.

He said: "All the chat about getting me to play for England was just a bit of banter at Hull. My dad has always instilled in me the fact I'm Scottish and I tend to follow him when it comes to football.

"He's from Viewpark in Glasgow and all his family are there. I had plenty of time in Scotland as a kid - I used to visit family and my dad would take me to Celtic games when I was younger.

"No one from England has ever been in contact with me. It's only Hull's English players who kept asking me about it.

"We had Steve Wigley as assistant manager last season and he's involved at youth level with England. But he didn't even mention it.

"Once I pulled on the dark blue shirt that was it for me. England don't want me but it's irrelevant. I can't understand why players who play for the youth side of one country would change their mind.

"If I did my dad would never speak to me! I was born there after my dad came down to work in the pits but he's always saying I don't play like I'm English.

"He's really proud of what I've achieved at club and international level. He used to take me everywhere as a kid. We lived in Nottingham but I played for Leeds and he was a taxi driver so he used to take me up and down that road all the time. The car was on its last legs so we ended up moving in the end!"

Cairney pulled out of a string of Scotland squads with injury Gareth Southgate reportedly targeted him for a switch of allegiance in 2018.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/other-football/tom-cairney-hopes-scotland-recall-28382561

WhiteJC

Fulham 'charging' for January transfer as president battles to keep hold of rising stars
Fulham are showing an interest in Boca Juniors youngster Luca Langoni, with the Argentine giants facing a fight to keep their rising stars.

That's according to Boca Noticias, who says that President Juan Roman Riquelme is aware his youngsters are being targeted as Fulham make their move.

The current cream of the crop is Valentin Barco, who has been targeted by the likes of Brighton and Manchester City since last summer and continues to be liked by both.

He is one of several Boca players 'living their last weeks' in the Xeneize shirt and Fulham have now emerged as suitors for Luca Langoni.

They are reportedly 'charging' to sign the 21-year-old right-winger having looked at him throughout 2023, although they are yet to make a formal move for him.

They are not the only side to have shown interest in Langoni, with Brighton also potentially in the mix as they continue to watch Barco, but Fulham's interest is presented as being more firm at this point.

Whether that means they make a formal bid or even open talks with Boca Juniors remains to be seen.

But it's something to keep an eye on, with the Premier League seemingly keeping a close eye on rising Argentine talent at this moment in time and Fulham now getting involved in it.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-charging-january-transfer-president-battles-keep-hold-rising-stars/

WhiteJC

Liverpool star expected to make quick move back to former club this January
Fabio Carvalho is reportedly expected to make the loan move back to Fulham after returning to Liverpool from RB Leipzig this January, according to Sport Bild.

The Portugal Under-21 international left Liverpool for a loan move to Leipzig in the summer, but he ended up being recalled by the Reds after barely featuring for the Bundesliga side in the first half of this campaign.

Carvalho looked a superb talent during his time at Fulham, and it seems Liverpool are now ready to send him back there in an attempt to get him playing again and to get his promising career back on track after this difficult spell in the last year or so.

Fabrizio Romano has also mentioned interest from Southampton in his Daily Briefing column for CaughtOffside, but it may be that LFC would rather he moves to play in the Premier League instead of making the step down to the Championship.

Liverpool fans will just hope Carvalho can regain some confidence and put his recent struggles behind him, perhaps then putting him in a good position to come back and challenge for a place in Jurgen Klopp's side next season.

Fulham have had a decent season and play the kind of attacking football that could be a good fit for the way Carvalho plays.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/01/03/liverpool-transfer-news-fabio-carvalho-fulham-loan-2/

WhiteJC

Two clubs 'in contention' to sign Fulham man – Marco Silva's side make transfer stance clear
Fulham are willing to do a deal for striker Carlos Vinícius this month, with Bahia and Palmeiras considering moves for him.

That's according to journalist Bruno Andrade, who says a deal is there to be done this month should the Brazilian duo want it.

Vinícius has again found himself playing the secondary striker at Craven Cottage this season, with Raul Jimenez taking up the first-choice spot under Marco Silva following the departure of Aleksandar Mitrovic.

It means he's only managed to feature in 17% of the available minutes in the league this season and that has led to speculation he could move on in the January transfer window.

A return to Brazil has been mooted over the past month and Andrade says that is very much a possibility as Bahia and Palmeiras are 'in contention' for his signature.

He explains that those two are currently out in front as Sao Paulo had shown an interest in a deal but didn't move forward with that interest.

He further explains that Fulham have already announced behind the scenes that they want to negotiate for the player in January, who also has suitors in Mexico, namely Monterrey.

It's now up for those sides to step forward and get a deal done, but with Fulham more than compliant, that doesn't seem to be too difficult a task.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/two-clubs-contention-sign-fulham-man-marco-silvas-side-make-transfer-stance-clear/

WhiteJC

'Best I've ever seen'... Tom Cairney raves about 28-year-old 'top drawer' Fulham teammate live on air
Fulham club captain Tom Cairney has been raving about midfield general Joao Palhinha after another fantastic performance at the weekend.

While Cairney was named man of the match against Arsenal at the weekend after assisting Raul Jimenez's goal, Palhinha's unbelievable tackle on Bukayo Saka in the closing stages arguably earned the Whites all three points.

Speaking on TalkSPORT (3/1 9:40am), the 32-year-old was asked about his Portuguese teammate and had nothing but good things to say about him.

With the January transfer window now open, many Fulham fans will be hoping that the club can hold onto some key players.

Left-back Antonee Robinson has been linked with Liverpool, while Everton are reportedly keen on Harrison Reed.

However, the most important player that could leave in the near future is Joao Palhinha.

A whole host of clubs want the Portuguese international but Fulham will have to hold firm and reject any interest, especially after the 28-year-old signed a new deal in September.

Cairney has been raving about Palhinha and how important he is to the Fulham side.

The pair have formed an exceptional midfield partnership in recent weeks that Silva will be keen to utilise going forward.

It's hard to imagine anything the Portuguese coach wouldn't do to keep his fellow countryman at the club.

Cairney praises Fulham star Palhinha
Asked about the 28-year-old, host Alan Brazil said: "I don't like singling players out, but I'll tell you who I do like, I like [Joao] Palhinha. I think he's got it all mate."

Cairney replied: "He'd kick his own grandma to win! Off the ball, I'll be honest, he's probably the best I've ever seen.

"I think his tenacity and the way he comes alive, he doesn't lose it, his chasing down, he doesn't just get there and put pressure on you, he goes to win it.

"Don't get me wrong he gets a few yellow cards but to have him next to you or have him in your team is, I mean the tackle on Saka at the weekend in the box was top, top drawer.

"I don't know, he was obviously linked in the summer with a big move and he deserved it but we're just lucky to have him and hopefully keep hold of him."

In Cairney and Palhinha, Fulham fans are currently witnessing one of the most enjoyable midfield pairings in years.

Over the past few seasons, the 32-year-old has played alongside the likes of Stefan Johansen, Kevin McDonald, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa and Jean Michael Seri.

However, the Portuguese enforcer is by far the most important player to line up alongside the left-footed wizard.

While the balance hasn't always been perfect, with Bournemouth and Burnley exploiting several areas of weakness, when they get it right, they showed on New Year's Eve that even some of the best teams in the world can't stop them.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/01/03/best-ive-ever-seen-tom-cairney-raves-about-28-year-old-top-drawer-fulham-teammate-live-on-air/

WhiteJC

Lyon make Saïd Benrahma contract offer as they look to beat Fulham and Wolves to signing of West Ham winger
Olympique Lyonnais are looking to beat strong Premier League competition to the signing of West Ham United winger Saïd Benrahma (28), and have made a contract offer to the Algerian international, according to Foot Mercato.

Wolverhampton Wanderers and Fulham are both interested in Benrahma, who is playing an increasingly peripheral role at West Ham. However, he is also coveted in Ligue 1. Whilst Olympique de Marseille have denied interest in the winger, OGC Nice are also reportedly interested.

Everton's Danjuma also targeted by Lyon
However, it is Lyon who have shown the most intent to sign Benrahma, and that interest has now manifested itself in a contract offer to the player, who will take his time to consider the offer, according to Foot Mercato. OL will then have to convince West Ham to part ways with Benrahma with the Premier League side wanting €23m.

Lyon do have the means to pull off the transfer after being cleared by the DNCG, whilst Les Gones are also looking to simultaneously complete a move for Arnaut Danjuma (26), who is currently on loan at Everton from Villarreal.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/lyon-make-said-benrahma-contract-offer-as-they-look-to-beat-fulham-and-wolves-to-signing-of-west-ham-winger/

WhiteJC

Fulham move for Andre Trindade stalls, reluctant to pay £25 million

Fulham have been linked with a move for 22-year-old Brazilian midfielder Andre Trindade, a target for Manchester United.
Fulham have been hoping to sign Andre Trindade this month. But the move seems to have stalled because of Fluminense's asking price. A report from Football Transfers has claimed that the Cottagers are unwilling to pay £25 million for the 22-year-old, also a target for Manchester United.

Andre Trindade in Demand
The Brazilian defensive midfielder has been linked with the move to the Premier League for months now. Clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool are thought to be keen on him as well.

Andre has proven himself in the Brazilian Serie A, and he will want to take the next step in his career now. Moving to the Premier League will be an exciting opportunity for the player, and he will want to showcase his qualities in English football.

Fulham could provide him with the platform to establish himself as one of the finest young defensive midfielders in European football, and the player will hope that the two clubs can come to an agreement soon. Recent reports had claimed that Fulham were closing in on signing the 22-year-old.

Joao Palhinha has been linked with a move away from Fulham recently, and it seems that the West London club are lining up a move for the Brazilian as his replacement. As for Manchester United, the Red Devils need to sign a quality defensive midfielder soon. Casemiro has not been at his best this season, while summer signing Sofyan Amrabat has been largely underwhelming.

Andre has the potential to develop into a top-class player for both clubs, and it will be interesting to see where he ends up. The £25 million asking price could look like a major bargain in the coming seasons if the midfielder manages to fulfil his potential. But Fulham are hesitant to meet the valuation.

The Brazilian midfielder certainly has the ability to justify the investment in the coming seasons. He will help Fulham tighten up defensively and allow the creative players to operate with more freedom. He has the physicality and technical attributes to do well in the Premier League as well.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2024/01/03/fulham-move-for-andre-trindade-stalls-reluctant-to-pay-25-million/

WhiteJC

West Ham and Manchester United can snatch signing from Fulham's clutches – Nothing certain yet
Manchester United and West Ham United could be set to scupper Fulham's long planned move for Fluminense midfielder André as he gears up to leave Brazil.

That's according to Trivela, who say the Premier League pair are also showing interest in the midfielder.

They explain that eve before winning the Copa Libertadores, Fluminense knew that they would lose André, and teammate Nino. They therefore reached an agreement with the pair so that they could finish the season at the club, compete in the Club World Cup and then negotiate afterwards.

Two of those things have been done and so now it is time to negotiate, with both players boasting a growing list of suitors.

André in particular is a firm favourite, and the interest has not stopped growing in him since the summer, when bids were made but ultimately rebuffed as he agreed to stay.

The interest never waned, though, and reports in England have already gone as far as to say Fulham, who have long liked the midfielder and see him as a potential replacement for Joao Palhinha, have a verbal agreement in place.

Trivela dispute that and say as they are aware there is nothing certain between the relevant parties, but Manchester United and West Ham can be added to the list of interested parties.

Like Fulham, neither of them seem to have made a move yet but Trivela say that scenario 'should not take long to change'. In other words, Manchester United and West Ham can makes moves in the January transfer window so be ready for that to happen.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/west-ham-manchester-united-can-snatch-signing-fulhams-clutches-nothing-certain-yet/

WhiteJC

Report: Big Twist in Fulham's Latest Signing Plan

Fulham's Transfer Dilemma: Andre's Future Uncertain
Stalemate in Andre Transfer Saga

Fulham's pursuit of Brazilian talent Andre has hit a rough patch, as reported by Jacque Talbot of Football Transfers. Initially, a deal seemed on the horizon, with Fulham and the player's representatives reaching an agreement in principle. However, the situation has shifted dramatically. "Fulham's deal with Andre looks to be at a stalemate with the club now believing that, by keeping Joao Palhinha, a new addition to that position is unnecessary," reveals FootballTransfers. This development underscores the fluidity and unpredictability of the transfer market.

Financial Implications and Strategic Decisions
Fulham, under the guidance of Marco Silva and CEO Alistair Mackintosh, had engaged in significant dialogue with Andre, aligning their visions for the future. Despite these efforts, Fulham's reluctance to meet Fluminense's £25 million valuation has thrown a spanner in the works. The club's decision to prioritise financial sustainability over a high-stakes transfer is a prudent move, especially in light of the current Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations. This approach resonates with a broader trend in the Premier League, where strategic financial management is increasingly paramount.

The Joao Palhinha Factor
A key element in this saga is Joao Palhinha's role at Craven Cottage. "The transfer has taken a step backward after the Cottagers reshuffled their priorities in the market," as per FootballTransfers. The decision to retain Palhinha signals Fulham's confidence in their current squad composition. It's a testament to Palhinha's impact and the club's faith in his abilities to fulfill the midfield role.

Potential Moves and Premier League Interests
Manchester United's interest in Andre adds another layer to this complex scenario. The Old Trafford outfit, looking to revamp their squad, views Andre as a potential asset. However, their current roster, including players like Casemiro and Antony Martial, poses a challenge to any immediate acquisition. The Brazilian's impressive performance for Fluminense, especially in their historic Copa Libertadores triumph, makes him a hot prospect for Premier League clubs. His ambition to play in England remains strong, but the timing of such a move is now uncertain.

https://eplindex.com/101635/report-big-twist-in-fulhams-latest-signing-plan.html

WhiteJC

Fulham FC Women are back!
Fulham FC Women are back at Motspur Park for the first time in 2024!

The side take to the Astro Turf to take on Dulwich Hamlet Reserves in League Cup action on Sunday 7th January, 2.30pm.

You can join us at the Training Ground for just £3 for Adults and £1 for juniors.

Don't miss out on your first chance to see the team play in 2024!

Supporters can purchase tickets online, over the phone 0203 871 0810 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or in person from the Fulham FC Ticket Office (Mon-Fri, 9:30am-4:30pm).

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/january/03/fulham-fc-women-back-in-action-on-sunday/

WhiteJC

✍️ Luke Harris is a Grecian!
Welcome, Luke!

Exeter City are delighted to announce the loan signing of young attacking midfielder Luke Harris from Premier League side Fulham until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old, who was being tracked by a number of Championship clubs, is Gary Caldwell's first recruit of the transfer window and immediately joins up with the club ahead of Saturday's match with Carlisle United.

Harris, who was named in the senior Wales squad for the first time in November, has made one Premier League appearance for the Cottagers this season, away to Manchester City, one EFL Cup appearance against Tottenham Hotspur, as well as eight appearances for Fulham Under-21s in both the EFL Trophy and Premier League, scoring twice and assisting twice. He has also netted once for the Welsh Under 21 side against Lithuania in the Euro Qualifiers.

Born in the Channel Islands, Harris progressed through the academy at Fulham and joined the first team in the summer of 2022 for training camps and friendlies, making his professional debut in the EFL Cup away at Crawley Town and was later handed a professional deal until 2025. His Premier League debut came in October 2022 against Aston Villa. He has also played at every age group for Wales from Under-17, which he captained.

At the age of just 15, Harris provided eight goals and three assists for the Fulham Under-18s in 2019/20, as well as netting 13 goals in 17 matches for the Under-23s during 2021/22.

Luke will wear the no.20 shirt.

Welcome, Luke!

Gary Caldwell will give his reaction to Luke's signing as part of his pre-match press conference on Thursday.

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2024/january/lukeharris/

WhiteJC

Luke Harris: Exeter City sign Fulham's Wales Under-21 attacker on loan

Luke Harris is set to become the second Channel Islander to play for Exeter City in the past five years, after Guernsey goalkeeper James Hamon
Exeter City have signed Fulham's Wales Under-21 attacker Luke Harris on loan until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old from Jersey has made four Premier League appearances and was called up to the Wales senior squad for the first time in September 2022.

He has also played twice in the Carabao Cup for Fulham and once in the FA Cup, after coming through their academy.

He is the first January signing for the Grecians, who slipped into the League One relegation zone this week.

Harris, who is contracted through to the summer of 2025 at Fulham, has impressed at youth and under-23 level for the Premier League club.

The Grecians had got close to bringing Harris to the club on loan in the summer, but the deal fell through shortly before the transfer deadline.

He is the second player from Fulham to move to Exeter in as many seasons after the successful loan spell for striker Jay Stansfield last term.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67874024

WhiteJC

Voser: My Fulham move turned into 'horror trip'
Former Fulham full back Kay Voser has revealed how time with the Cottagers turned into 'a horror trip' and disclosed his battles with drug addiction and schizophrenia.

The Swiss international joined Fulham from FC Basel in 2014 hoping to help Felix Magath's side make an immediate return to the top flight, but played just ten league matches in eighteen appearances before having his contracted cancelled. Voser, who is now rebuilding his life as a sports journalist, told Swiss newspaper Blick:

"For too long I've had to conceal things that are part of me – my fears and psychoses. My life is just a drama. My upbringing was very tough. My father was an alcoholic, my mother a manic depressive – and I am schizophrenic.

In my parallel universe, which I always dived into, I had a friend who looked just like me. While at Basel I often had difficult spells, and I drank too much at times. But Fulham turned into a horror trip for me. It began even before I joined them.

On holiday in Ibiza with other Basel players, I lost my grip on reality. We were on a yacht. I cheated on my then girlfriend, she dumped me on the spot and I plunged into severe depression. I could not establish myself on the pitch at Fulham, and I made a big mistake in joining them.

My state of mind became alarming. I let myself be talked into taking cocaine, and this came to light. The amounts that were revealed in tests were so small that it could not be proved for certain that I had actually taken cocaine. I had to fight the case, but my legal bills came to almost £100,000.

When my mother came to visit me in London for a few weeks I took time out for her. I told Fulham I was injured – a lie. There was resentment from the club towards me. But my mother was more important to me than football. Soon afterwards she died from cancer – and a part of me died with her."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/voser-my-fulham-move-turned-into-horror-trip/

WhiteJC

Cairney: 'I want to go further than last year in FA Cup'
Fulham captain Tom Cairney wants to go further than last year in the FA Cup as the Whites prepare for Friday night's third round draw against Championship strugglers Rotherham United.

The Scottish international, who extended his contract by a further twelve months earlier this week, has told FFCTV of his excitement at playing in the world's oldest club cup competition – and wants to better last season's showing when Marco Silva's side were beaten after a minute of madness at Old Trafford in the quarter-finals.

Cairney told FFCTV this afternoon:

"We got to the quarter-final of the FA Cup last year against Manchester United last year and we're in the Carabao Cup semi-finals this year ... We're a Premier League team, we've got a good squad, so why not? Careers are so short you don't get many opportunities to go far in Cups, get to Wembley and give fans special memories. I want to further than we did last year. Rotherham will come down and try to upset us – but if we play like can, we should win.

They have very experienced players, played at a high level all their careers, it will be difficult. It will be good. It is like a fresh start if Rotherham play a few fresh off the bench. Form goes out the window, it's a free hit, they are coming to a Premier League club, they want to raise their game. I enjoy Cup games, I think they are important. It's always a big thing, especially the FA Cup and hopefully we can go further than last year.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/cairney-i-want-to-go-further-than-last-year-in-fa-cup/

WhiteJC

Fulham Join The Race To Sign English Midfield Ace In January: Right Choice For Silva?
Fulham have reportedly joined Newcastle United in the transfer race for Manchester City misfit Kalvin Phillips.

Newcastle United were previously leading the race to sign the England international from Manchester City. However, the Magpies are looking to avoid 'knee-jerk signings in January' despite their poor run of form that has seen them lose four of their last five Premier League games.

According to the INews, Fulham are now monitoring Kalvin Phillips' availability but face competition from London rivals Crystal Palace.

Kalvin Phillips, 28, is yet to start a Premier League game this season and has been deemed surplus to requirements by Pep Guardiola. A window of opportunity arose given Ilkay Gundogan's exit and Kevin de Bruyne's injury but the defensive midfielder has failed to make the most of it.

The report adds the Etihad chiefs are demanding £40million for Phillips this summer on top of a £7.5million loan fee should Fulham choose to sign the midfielder on loan before splashing the cash.

Kalvin Phillips to Fulham—Right player for the club?
Limited opportunities since his high-profile move from Leeds United have left Kalvin Phillips seeking more consistent playtime. With several clubs interested in his signature and De Bruyne's return from a long-term injury, his departure from Man City seems imminent, opening a new chapter for the England international.

Fulham are among the clubs keeping close tabs on Phillips' situation. The Cottagers managed to keep hold of Joao Palhinha from Bayern Munich's clutches during the summer transfer window's deadline day but the German giants are planning to revive their interest in him. Manager Thomas Tuchel wants to sign Palhinha to bolster his midfield unit as Bayern look to mount a proper assault on the Champions League this season.

With the Portugal international keen on joining Bayern, the German club would have to renegotiate terms with Fulham given it is mid-season. And a player like Phillips would be the perfect replacement for the Bayern-bound Palhinha. In Phillips, Marco Silva would not only get a top ball-winner but also someone who is composed on the ball and a real grafter in the middle of the park.

Phillips' reputation was enhanced during Euro 2020, with the player helping England reach the final. While things have not quite worked out for him at City, he remains a quality player who would fit Marco Silva's counter-attacking style of play at Craven Cottage. He requires a change of scenery to bring back his career on track and a move to Fulham could be ideal.

If Fulham can get a substantial fee for Palhinha from Bayern and reinvest it well over the signing of Kalvin Phillips, it would be a win-win situation for all parties involved.

https://madaboutepl.net/2024/01/fulham-kalvin-phillips-manchester-city-transfer/