watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco charged by the FA again

Started by SerbianLad, January 04, 2024, 06:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eton White

Quote from: Brawn on January 04, 2024, 10:45:19 PMTime for the club to come out swinging.

- Why charge us now after 3 weeks, immediately before our semi final cup game?
- Whilst Marco's comments may be breaking the rule as written, we have seen several worse statements by clubs and referees (Liverpool and Arsenal) go unpunished.
- The club has been on the receiving end of many poor decisions this season and has not had one apology from PGMOL. Examples including the City goal, the Tosin shoe incident, Tim Ream's red card, the poor referees against Burnley and Arsenal in the last two weeks alone...
- The issue of Saudi-backed referees refereeing Saudi-backed Newcastle.
- That Chris Kavanagh has been selected as VAR for the 1st Leg against Liverpool.

The club should therefore write to FIFA and/or IFAB with a formal complaint about the Premier League, the Football Association, and the PGMOL.

I agree, but we'll probably end up getting points deducted if we start a crusade against the Premier League!

LC

I'm hoping by the time the FA consider our response we would have played the first leg against Liverpool and he just misses the Chelsea game.

I thought at the time he may have just overstepped the mark but a touch line ban would be harsh in my opinion.

Anyhow we'll see what happens

jarv

The FA need to understand, when you are in a hole, stop digging.  First , get rid of var, it creates more problems than it solves. The arguments are never ending.  Second, replays on tv, allow one more look, as it happened, not slowed down and viewed from 12 angles.  I could go on but it would be a waste of time. THE FA IS TO BLAME for most football problems. Just saying.

Kemosabe

Simple answer is that in the - contractually obligated - post-match interviews, Marco talks about how his players performed, offering praise where due.  If asked about controversies or refereeing decisions, he explicitly states "On the basis of legal advice that I have received, I have no comment to make on this matter".  Which seems a perfectly reasonable response given what he has experienced. 

If he (and other managers) do this a few times, the FA will - perhaps - feel just a teensy-weensy bit embarrassed and may back off a little.

HV71

Quote from: Kemosabe on January 05, 2024, 10:11:57 AMSimple answer is that in the - contractually obligated - post-match interviews, Marco talks about how his players performed, offering praise where due.  If asked about controversies or refereeing decisions, he explicitly states "On the basis of legal advice that I have received, I have no comment to make on this matter".  Which seems a perfectly reasonable response given what he has experienced. 

If he (and other managers) do this a few times, the FA will - perhaps - feel just a teensy-weensy bit embarrassed and may back off a little.

I'm surprised that the League Managers Association hasn't advised the premier league members to respond along the lines you suggested.
Most managers have got some beef with VAR and referees ( especially of late ) and if they were all to respond to questions in this manner the media outlets would eventually be up in arms and such pressure just might produce some positive action in order to resolve the current nonsense.

Individual moans and gripes only impact in the individual and the clubs they represent

I really don't understand why they don't realise that their current approach is futile

toshes mate

Even in their specific wording of charges the FA show a patent ignorance for opinions. Even in their specific use of VAR the FA show a patent disregard for common and consistent justice.

Everton's Dyche had cause to complain about a red card last night for a tackle that was studs up and clearly uncontrolled, seemingly ignored by the referee until VAR advised him to have another look. It seemed an obvious red card to me (and with allowances for inconsistency at least a yellow). 

We shouldn't have to second guess stuff like this ... imagine a court suggesting a bank robbing gang hadn't realised there was money in the vault and just wanted the vault door as a spare. The FA wouldn't stomach VAR without there being a concern as to refereeing standards but now it is there it has to be obeyed per se.

The FA can do what they like and the rest of us can stop being a part of it if we don't like it.  That is our choice.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Brawn on January 04, 2024, 10:45:19 PMTime for the club to come out swinging.

- Whilst Marco's comments may be breaking the rule as written, we have seen several worse statements by clubs and referees (Liverpool and Arsenal) go unpunished.
- The club has been on the receiving end of many poor decisions this season and has not had one apology from PGMOL. Examples including the City goal, the Tosin shoe incident, Tim Ream's red card, the poor referees against Burnley and Arsenal in the last two weeks alone...
- That Chris Kavanagh has been selected as VAR for the 1st Leg against Liverpool.

The club should therefore write to FIFA and/or IFAB with a formal complaint about the Premier League, the Football Association, and the PGMOL.
Unfortunately that should of happened last season after the Manchester debacle as I suggested at the time.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: toshes mate on January 05, 2024, 10:58:21 AMEven in their specific wording of charges the FA show a patent ignorance for opinions. Even in their specific use of VAR the FA show a patent disregard for common and consistent justice.

Everton's Dyche had cause to complain about a red card last night for a tackle that was studs up and clearly uncontrolled, seemingly ignored by the referee until VAR advised him to have another look. It seemed an obvious red card to me (and with allowances for inconsistency at least a yellow). 

We shouldn't have to second guess stuff like this ... imagine a court suggesting a bank robbing gang hadn't realised there was money in the vault and just wanted the vault door as a spare. The FA wouldn't stomach VAR without there being a concern as to refereeing standards but now it is there it has to be obeyed per se.

The FA can do what they like and the rest of us can stop being a part of it if we don't like it.  That is our choice.

Perhaps one can compare the FA with the Post Office. Only when the Subpostmasters got their stories together did the wheel of fortune start to reverse. The managers need to come together and speak as one instead of knocking spots off each other.

ffc73

Last night.

There's minor contact and in live time he [referee Chris Kavanagh] doesn't give anything, then they slow it down and everything looks worse."

"I have no clue what that [monitor] is there for," added Dyche. "Every fan must be going 'what is the point?' We all know the outcome, they are going to agree with everything they're being told.

"The chance of having something turned over is miniscule so why even bother?

So, Dyche can expect a FA charge for undermining the integrity & authority of the on field referee?

Nick Bateman

We got to the semi-finals with no VAR, then they impose this known anti-Fulham official Kavanagh on Liverpool's home leg. Expect at least two penalties as they got against Newcastle and at least one red card, Palhinha probably, and the media will say Fulham "imploded"!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

ffcthereligion

Is there any update on this? With no news and it being Chelsea today I can only assume they deliberately want him out for the biggest home match we've had in 14 years. Anything to help the sponsors get their final of choice

S.F.Sorrow

It will only be a touchline ban, right? Surely not a stadium ban? Marco should still be able to do the pre-match talk, communicate with the bench and be in the dressing room at half time. Having Marco up in the stand somewhere with a better view of the game isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm sure Boa Morte is more than capable of communicating with the players and match officials.

Sure, statistics show us that the average points per game during a manager's touchline ban are SLIGHTLY lower but the difference is actually small enough to be within the range of pure chance. Hardly the end of the world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the FA is right here. I think they (and VAR) are ruining football. But seriously, how hard can it be for Marco to keep his mouth shut when he KNOWS he will get banned for criticising refs? If the club wants to challenge the FA's rules there are better ways of doing it.

Fulham 442

Nothing in his pre match interview on the Offal to suggest he won't be in the dugout for this game...

LC

Marco Silva is in the touch line which I guess means he'll be banned for the semi-final second leg

Brawn

We lost today because of the poor decisions made by Anthony Taylor, simple.

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

I wouldn't blame him for racking up another charge after the Chelsea fan ref we just had.

colcliff

Are the FA going to charge Roy Hodgson after his criticism of the officials after the match in December?

VamosFFC

I almost hope Marco speaks his mind. It's absurd the reffing we just witnessed.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Brawn on January 13, 2024, 02:33:03 PMWe lost today because of the poor decisions made by Anthony Taylor, simple.

Officiating was horrendous.  In fairness, I thought he only booked Gusto so VAR could have a look at it, but they didn't even give it a second look.  Think that one's on the VAR.

However, our quality in the final third was severely lacking.  Chelsea were there for the taking in spite of the crap decisions.

Lighthouse

Marco has commented on 'a clear red' and said the fourth official agreed at the time. But VAR is now a bigger part of the game than refs. We should have rules like they do in Dungeon an Dragons. Throw a three or a six and it is a sending off. Otherwise he stays. The consistency would be the same as it is now.

Bored with narrow defeats and bored with the inconsistent VAR. Bored with the dull press and commentary. It isn't my game anymore. Just a board game or computer game run by rules that change weekly depending on who is doing the rule breaking.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope