watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No VAR for Liverpool matches

Started by Nick Bateman, January 09, 2024, 03:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

The EFL have just made a decision to remove the use of VAR in Fulham's semi-final games against Liverpool, because Middlesbro who are playing Chelsea in the othe semi do not have facilities to place VAR cameras.

Unlike the FA Cup where the FA are including it at Premiership grounds but not elsewhere, the EFL have placed a fairer system to level the circumstances for both semi finals.

It does seem a common sense approach by the EFL and in my opinion is good news for Fulham. I had heard that Chris Kavanagh had been appointed VAR ref for the Liverpool leg. Knowing his form with Fulham I believe it would have made the tie even more difficult.

Fulham progressed through the Carabou Cup without VAR and I was against it being used in the semis. So glad we are spared that abomination.

David Coote is the pitch referee.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

Interesting but will VAR then be introduced fr the final.
I really think the tournament should be made VAR or NO VAR from the start.

St Eve

Funny I heard Liverpool have the benefit of VAR in both legs, but we do not

Eton White

I thought someone posted on here recently that it'd been confirmed that VAR was being used for both Semi finals?

St Eve

Quote from: Eton White on January 09, 2024, 09:42:07 PMI thought someone posted on here recently that it'd been confirmed that VAR was being used for both Semi finals?
Boro don't have it

Grassy Noel

Wot no VAR!?

I will have nothing to moan about. Oh, wait a minute, there is always the Sky commentary.

Nick Bateman

When was the last time Fulham got anything from VAR? When we had 3 Fulham people sent off against ManU VAR missed a clear push by Luke Shaw on Mitrovic in the opposite box which led to the breakaway that punished us.

No VAR means a chance for Fulham to play, dare I say, Middlesborough in the final!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Eton White

Quote from: St Eve on January 09, 2024, 09:47:28 PM
Quote from: Eton White on January 09, 2024, 09:42:07 PMI thought someone posted on here recently that it'd been confirmed that VAR was being used for both Semi finals?
Boro don't have it

I know - that's why I was waiting for the decision from the EFL. But it was posted on here by someone that it had already been confirmed that VAR would be used (the EFL can decide to install it temporarily at grounds that don't have it).

I guess you can't believe everything you read on here!  ::tongue::