watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This Window

Started by Peabody, January 09, 2024, 05:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I am wondering wether our window has already shut.

WindyCity

davew

Quote from: Peabody on January 09, 2024, 05:11:35 PMI am wondering wether our window has already shut.
We are waiting for the January Sale.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

perry geyton

If we can hold onto Jao we don't need anyone

filham

If the bars are in place to stop any one leaving then I am happy or perhaps we could let Muniz or Vinnie sneak out of the back door.

davew

Quote from: filham on January 09, 2024, 05:54:37 PMIf the bars are in place to stop any one leaving then I am happy or perhaps we could let Muniz or Vinnie sneak out of the back door.
Would encourage FFC to let them go, we need to sign a quality forward if we want to finish mid table (ish)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bill2

Quote from: perry geyton on January 09, 2024, 05:50:23 PMIf we can hold onto Jao we don't need anyone
Need a centre forward. we saw how good Muniz and Vinicius were against Rotherham, or should I say how bad

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on January 09, 2024, 06:23:33 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on January 09, 2024, 05:50:23 PMIf we can hold onto Jao we don't need anyone
Need a centre forward. we saw how good Muniz and Vinicius were against Rotherham, or should I say how bad

Remember we thought Muniz and Vinnie were pretty good when we bought them, no doubt we will think the same about a new January signing for a match or two.

TC's Sporran

a striker is necessary. we all saw what happened with jimenez sidelined.

bog

Perhaps we need a window cleaner. 

Sgt Fulham

I'd definitely take no Ins if there are no significant Outs.

Whitestone

Raul was not signed as a replacement for Mitro. Silva said exactly that. Muniz and Vinicius have shown they aren't up to the task. If anything were to happen to Raul long term we'd be in the cack.

We 100% need a striker asap. Easier said than done, I know.

jarv

I heard a comment on sky about financial fair play having a role here. I have never understood it and still have no idea how iit works.  The big boys seem to be able to do what they like without a murmus about ffp. I guess crowd size matters, income from 60,000 people generates more than from 35,000.  Is is that simple they can afford higher fees and wages?

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

Quote from: jarv on January 10, 2024, 10:22:02 AMI heard a comment on sky about financial fair play having a role here. I have never understood it and still have no idea how iit works.  The big boys seem to be able to do what they like without a murmus about ffp. I guess crowd size matters, income from 60,000 people generates more than from 35,000.  Is is that simple they can afford higher fees and wages?

Gate receipts, but crucially the many "commercial deals" the bigger clubs get. Like the fiddle Man City did with their stadium naming rights.

filham

Quote from: jarv on January 10, 2024, 10:22:02 AMI heard a comment on sky about financial fair play having a role here. I have never understood it and still have no idea how iit works.  The big boys seem to be able to do what they like without a murmus about ffp. I guess crowd size matters, income from 60,000 people generates more than from 35,000.  Is is that simple they can afford higher fees and wages?

Yes Gate Money is a factor but the big teams also generate more money than us from Television and world wide sales of merchandise (in particular expensive poor quality shirts).

Bassey the warrior

It's rare for any major business to happen outside the last week of the window, it would be great if it did but that's just how it is. I'll be withholding judgement until the window closes and certainly not panicking or feeling glum.

KJS

Quote from: Peabody on January 09, 2024, 05:11:35 PMI am wondering wether our window has already shut.
This Window has been quiet for every team not just FFC so I cannot see why there is such a panic about signings

H4usuallysitting

The dog track holds around 40,000...how do they get away with spending bundle's on very average player's

H4usuallysitting

Cumbrian White

Think the windows were introduced towards some excitement, think it did initially but it's all very dull until the last 24hrs.

Should just be a 24 or 48hr thing now. Saves all this crap beforehand.

Plus if the FFP compliance report is due out 14th then that automatically negates the first 2 weeks anyway.