watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Danny Murphy wants Fulham to beat his old club

Started by Nick Bateman, January 10, 2024, 06:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Danny Murphy said on Talksport he'd rather have Fulham go through against his beloved Liverpool because, Liverpool can always win other trophies and it would be good if Fulham get their first.

He upset a few scousers with that but he recalls his time as a servant (and captain) at Fulham and he was an excellent footballer I remember well.

After some cross-examination from White and Jordan he stuck with his view and Jim White finished off the show with the words, "Go Fulham"!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Super Mick

I like talksport now. I doubt any other glory hunter loving  platforms will be saying the same! 

Steeeeeeeeeed

ron

You can always rely on Murph.....whether it was when he was taking penalties for us, or now talking us up on Talksport !

Go Murph!

filham

A little surprised at that as I always thought Murphy left us with relationships not at the best.

demeant0r

Quote from: filham on January 10, 2024, 06:19:06 PMA little surprised at that as I always thought Murphy left us with relationships not at the best.

That was during the Mo era, his gripes were with the management and it was 11/12 years ago. Doubt he's held a grudge this long.

sunburywhite

He is one of my all time favourite Fulham players
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Somerset Fulham

I suspect that I am in the minority here but I don't understand the infatuation with everything that Danny Murphy says or doesn't say about us in the media. Especially on TalkSport.

The Old Count

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 10, 2024, 06:49:11 PMI suspect that I am in the minority here but I don't understand the infatuation with everything that Danny Murphy says or doesn't say about us in the media. Especially on TalkSport.
It's because he is a Fulham legend.

demeant0r

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 10, 2024, 06:49:11 PMI suspect that I am in the minority here but I don't understand the infatuation with everything that Danny Murphy says or doesn't say about us in the media. Especially on TalkSport.

The guy scored a goal vs City as well as the only goal in the final game of the season to keep us up. Obviously he's beloved by many.

Somerset Fulham

Oh I know what he did and I loved him as a player, don't really care a jot what he, Souness or that ex Palace owning p**** on TalkSport have to say though really.

Again, I accept that I am probably in the minority.

FishaPrice

heylookitsjacob

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 10, 2024, 07:10:15 PMOh I know what he did and I loved him as a player, don't really care a jot what he, Souness or that ex Palace owning p**** on TalkSport have to say though really.

Welcome to the "vocal minority" I've heard so much about!

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 10, 2024, 07:10:15 PMOh I know what he did and I loved him as a player, don't really care a jot what he, Souness or that ex Palace owning p**** on TalkSport have to say though really.

Whats your issue with Talksport!? I listen most days having never been into radio, but it's an easy listen. Its overly harmless.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 10, 2024, 10:10:18 PM

Whats your issue with Talksport!? I listen most days having never been into radio, but it's an easy listen. Its overly harmless.

Well for a start it employs gobshites such as Jordan, Durham, Brazil, Cundy et al who are there purely to cause outrage. It is a shame that Durham chose that route because he is actually an excellent broadcaster but he chooses (or chose when he had the drivetime show) to behave like a cock.

The couple of good broadcasters in Hawksbee and Jacobs (and the glorious Danny Kelly) that they have (or had) are overrun by betting and Sky powered made up transfer stories pedalled by tits such as the above.

I am equally as down on SSN with this new wave of bellends pretending to be receiving 'incoming news' on their phones/tablets all of the time so its not just TalkSport. I just don't like some stuff, which I believe is allowed.

demeant0r

I can see the post-match talk of this match being 99% Liverpool as usual. Even with Boro winning last night, it was 99% about Chelsea.

Sports coverage in this country just really hates the smaller teams.

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 10, 2024, 10:28:58 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 10, 2024, 10:10:18 PM

Well for a start it employs gobshites such as Jordan, Durham, Brazil, Cundy et al who are there purely to cause outrage. It is a shame that Durham chose that route because he is actually an excellent broadcaster but he chooses (or chose when he had the drivetime show) to behave like a cock.

The couple of good broadcasters in Hawksbee and Jacobs (and the glorious Danny Kelly) that they have (or had) are overrun by betting and Sky powered made up transfer stories pedalled by tits such as the above.

I am equally as down on SSN with this new wave of bellends pretending to be receiving 'incoming news' on their phones/tablets all of the time so its not just TalkSport. I just don't like some stuff, which I believe is allowed.

Its allowed.

It's funny, as the ones I tune off for is the lunch time spot of Hawksbee and Jacobs. I find they talk more about sports I'm less inclined to follow or about Chelsea (or not sport at all more than most) so find it a tad boring. I agree with Durham and I must admit, sicne he lost his prime time slot and went more correspondent and womans football expert, I've found him more endearing as he was just the James O'Brien of sport radio prior to that.

Maybe its a generational thing.

Somerset Fulham

FFC1987

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 10, 2024, 10:52:18 PMIt might be, I am after all very old. :lol:

Oh, I do loathe Brazil as well......The worst of the lot.

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

I still reckon Murphy is one of the best players I've seen in a Fulham shirt.