watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Liverpool 2-1 Fulham

Started by Milo, January 10, 2024, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on January 10, 2024, 10:02:25 PMCan't understand why he took Willian off and left BDR on. He was having a terrible game. Bad decision making and first touch was awful. He's just not good enough

I can understand the decision. Willian seemed to me to be fading badly. He was not tracking back with any energy, nor looking as sprightly on the break as he had been earlier in the game.  I think it was the right decision.  BDR did a better job defensively when we were 2-1 down.

Drewry66

Thought that was a brilliant performance from the lads. Worked their back sides off  and they did next to nothing up to that incredibly Bly lucky goal. Could have had a second but just wasn't to be.

Think everyone is underestimating how hard we had to work to their goal and it just took the wind out and we looked really tired for 10 mins and they got a second as a result.

Held on however and everyone would have taken 2 1 before the game to set up a home tie. Same passion, fight and desire at home and we've defo got a chance.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Reed my Fulham MOTM, he was all over the pitch in the first half. Jota was their best player and his pressing led to both of their goals.

We are still alive and headed to the Cottage.

filham

Great effort by the team, did any of us expect anything better than a 1-2 loss at Anfield in a cuo semi final.

FFC1987

Quote from: SG on January 10, 2024, 10:07:46 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on January 10, 2024, 10:04:41 PMSide note..

Absolutely fuming at Wilson for such a poo free kick with 30 secs left on the clock.

One chance to get it into the box.. for Christ sake man.

Not the reason we lost, I know. But incredibly frustrating

I have to say that did make me swear. I bet our centre halves weren't too pleased either

You could see Tosin saying what everyone was thinking. Just sit it on top of the keeper.......And he hits the first man. Embarrassing from the lad.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 10, 2024, 10:05:49 PMI am not one to say this lightly, but that commentary was utterly wretched.  You would have thought we were a League Two side being sent to the slaughter.

The gameplan almost worked and on another night it would have done, so bloody well played to the lads for that. I am not interesting in scapegoating tonight.

On to the second leg.

Don Goodman has always had it in for us, he is a total knob end. Our players would go down and they'd get pelters from him, Liverpool's players would go down and it'd be crickets

Milo

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 10, 2024, 10:06:12 PMSadly, I came away very disappointed in Willian and especially Reid. Reid not tracking and backing up the full back completely allowed the overload for Liverpool to quickly score a second which took all the wind out of our game. And not squaring that ball across from that angle was ridiculous.

As for Willian, Bradley had a decent game but Willians inability to go at him was so frustrating. He has Robinson soaking up space in behind for Willian to take on a young and inexperienced full back and he was pretty much dominated by him.

Lads did well, but a short lapse in concentration likely has cost us the tie but we'll have to see how Pool do at the Cottage.

Oh, and Don Goodman so go sit on grass. How Skysports allowed that commentary and bias to show itself like it did was embarrassing.

Willian one of the MOTM tonight and I was puzzled at the choice of substituting him.

Tonight was away at the top of the table Liverpool. A good performance for a winger would be taking his chances when they come (check, great goal), and winning free kicks and fouls upfront to take pressure off your defence (check). He also worked his socks off tracking back most of the game.

Matt10

Thames Bank 1

The Liverpoo love in, he couldn't wait for them to score

spoonffc

Shout out to Leno, I think it was understated in commentary but that point blank with his legs from Nunez keeps us in the game.

Real battling performance under pretty much the most difficult environment to play in. 

We won't make such rattled decision making under the light at the cottage.

COYW

still believe.

FFC1987

Quote from: Milo on January 10, 2024, 10:09:59 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 10, 2024, 10:06:12 PMSadly, I came away very disappointed in Willian and especially Reid. Reid not tracking and backing up the full back completely allowed the overload for Liverpool to quickly score a second which took all the wind out of our game. And not squaring that ball across from that angle was ridiculous.

As for Willian, Bradley had a decent game but Willians inability to go at him was so frustrating. He has Robinson soaking up space in behind for Willian to take on a young and inexperienced full back and he was pretty much dominated by him.

Lads did well, but a short lapse in concentration likely has cost us the tie but we'll have to see how Pool do at the Cottage.

Oh, and Don Goodman so go sit on grass. How Skysports allowed that commentary and bias to show itself like it did was embarrassing.

Willian one of the MOTM tonight and I was puzzled at the choice of substituting him.

Tonight was away at the top of the table Liverpool. A good performance for a winger would be taking his chances when they come (check, great goal), and winning free kicks and fouls upfront to take pressure off your defence (check). He also worked his socks off tracking back most of the game.

He was your MoTM!? Blimey.......

Milo

Quote from: Matt10 on January 10, 2024, 10:10:17 PMThis was not crossed in.

Agreed. We all saw it.

However.. how many times did BDR find acres of space on the RW and he wasn't found?

SP

Also, well done the ref, although he was giving them all the 50/50s, he didn't give them a penalty when he had the chance (much to my surprise).

Shame he didn't want to give them a few more yellow cards.

Milo

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 10, 2024, 10:11:33 PM

Nope, "one of" our MOTM.

Other candidates include Reed for his first half performance, Leno for his second half performance.

Sgt Fulham

The dream is still alive. Score early, get the crowd really going, and something special might happen.  ::scarf::

FFC1987

Quote from: Milo on January 10, 2024, 10:12:22 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 10, 2024, 10:11:33 PM

Nope, "one of" our MOTM.

Even so, he was one of my main disappointments. How he and Robinson couldn't dominate Bradley is beyond me. Well taken goal, sure, but otherwise, he was largely anonymous.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Quote from: simplyfulham on January 10, 2024, 10:04:41 PMSide note..

Absolutely fuming at Wilson for such a poor free kick with 30 secs left on the clock.

One chance to get it into the box.. for Christ sake man.

Not the reason we lost, I know. But incredibly frustrating

Wilson isn't good enough. Never has been. Occasionally he'll cut in and unleash a worldly, but other than that he's overwhelmingly useless.

peachcobbler

I'm only taking out positives here, for the vast majority of the match we looked like we were an equal, slipped up and got unlucky with one of the goals. All in all I wanted the tie within 1 as we got back to cc and that is what we got. COYW!

Baszab

Sky coverage is making me ill
Can't Sidders tell the other two to shut the f up

Matt10

Quote from: Milo on January 10, 2024, 10:11:38 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on January 10, 2024, 10:10:17 PMThis was not crossed in.

Agreed. We all saw it.

However.. how many times did BDR find acres of space on the RW and he wasn't found?

Frustrating too. About 3-4x in those sequences before he could've been found if someone had their head up. Think TC in those spots for sure would've done so. The same thing happened to us in league play where we didn't find him.