watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Liverpool 2-1 Fulham

Started by Milo, January 10, 2024, 09:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Frustrating night. Some fantastic first half performances from Reed and Willian.

Second half Reed fizzled out (presumably due to injury).. and they started to take control.

A 10 minute period where we were all over the place. Two quick goals.. and we were on the ropes.

We rallied towards the end and clinged on to a 2-1 loss that still gives us a chance heading back to the Cottage.

COYW!

Milo

Snibbo

I think we'd all have taken that result before the match

Thames Bank 1

2nd half should have been over, Reid had to square across area

3rdgenfan

Can't understand why he took Willian off and left BDR on. He was having a terrible game. Bad decision making and first touch was awful. He's just not good enough

Andyb

Bobby not squaring...

Thought boys played excellent though

Palhinha Colada

So wasteful after 60 very strong minutes. Still in this, but unnecessarily behind.

bog

We had two good chances at 0-1. This aint over.

Thames Bank 1

Will make for a great night at cottage, can we have Calvin and Iwobi back please

fancyfeet4

Liverpool are relentless and it feels like you're holding your breath most of the game. But I thought we acquitted ourselves well and have a real shot in the second leg. Our style of play actually matches up well against Liverpool because we don't completely just sit in and have real quality on the counter. There were two to three chances where we were very close to breaking them down to get a 2nd goal. We are in it and have a shot and that's all we could probably ask for after the first leg.

Our work rate is also tremendous. The commitment and running across the board was awesome to see and if we can match that in the next match we will have a chance.

HV71

Some very poor on field decision making in the second half -

BDR shooting rather than crossing
Raul static when he should have gambled on a cross
Tosin turning his back
Why did Harry take the late free kick ? Tom's left foot the obvious choice

However we are still in it - COYW!

simplyfulham

Side note..

Absolutely fuming at Wilson for such a poor free kick with 30 secs left on the clock.

One chance to get it into the box.. for Christ sake man.

Not the reason we lost, I know. But incredibly frustrating

SP

Proud of our players & fans who showed we belong. No blame on BDR from me, there's no guarantee AP would've scored.

Somerset Fulham

I am not one to say this lightly, but that commentary was utterly wretched.  You would have thought we were a League Two side being sent to the slaughter.

The gameplan almost worked and on another night it would have done, so bloody well played to the lads for that. I am not interested in scapegoating tonight.

On to the second leg.

simplyfulham

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on January 10, 2024, 10:02:25 PMCan't understand why he took Willian off and left BDR on. He was having a terrible game. Bad decision making and first touch was awful. He's just not good enough

Couldn't disagree more.

Shot/cross aside, thought he had a good game and was everywhere for us.

Nick Bateman

Silva picked a suspect team which included DeCordova-Reid and Pereira instead of Tom Cairney. It actually worked to a point, but for BDR to squander chances to give us a 2-0 lead and Tosin needlessly turning his back to deflect a hopeful shot from Curtis Jones.

I feel Silva's love of BDR will be the undoing of Fulham in this semi. He was committing fouls as his timing is so bad - even Robinson was having a go at him. Taking off Willian at the end was foolhardy considering how brilliant a threat he was. TC our club captain gets a cameo role at the end. Might have taken 2-1 before the match but could so easily had 2-0 win if BDR had looked up as was stated in the commentary.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

FFC1987

Sadly, I came away very disappointed in Willian and especially Reid. Reid not tracking and backing up the full back completely allowed the overload for Liverpool to quickly score a second which took all the wind out of our game. And not squaring that ball across from that angle was ridiculous.

As for Willian, Bradley had a decent game but Willians inability to go at him was so frustrating. He has Robinson soaking up space in behind for Willian to take on a young and inexperienced full back and he was pretty much dominated by him.

Lads did well, but a short lapse in concentration likely has cost us the tie but we'll have to see how Pool do at the Cottage.

Oh, and Don Goodman so go sit on grass. How Skysports allowed that commentary and bias to show itself like it did was embarrassing.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 10, 2024, 10:05:49 PMI am not one to say this lightly, but that commentary was utterly wretched.  You would have thought we were a League Two side being sent to the slaughter.

The gameplan almost worked and on another night it would have done, so bloody well played to the lads for that. I am not interesting in scapegoating tonight.

On to the second leg.

However, agree with this, tenfold. Shocking stuff.

SG

Quote from: simplyfulham on January 10, 2024, 10:04:41 PMSide note..

Absolutely fuming at Wilson for such a poo free kick with 30 secs left on the clock.

One chance to get it into the box.. for Christ sake man.

Not the reason we lost, I know. But incredibly frustrating

I have to say that did make me swear. I bet our centre halves weren't too pleased either

KJS

We would have take 2-1 at kick off, yes we had chances to make it 2-0 but in a pressure situation things aren't always easy, set up for 2nd leg COYW