watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, January 12, 2024, 04:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

We have to put those exciting cup ties out of our minds for the moment and focus on the big match at the Bridge tomorrow. It would be great to pick up three more league points in beating Chelsea,
My team assuming all are fit,

Leno
                            Tete      Tosin     Diop    Robinson

Reed          Palhinha

Periera
                                 BDR                     Willian
                                           Jimenez
Wilson  and Cairney to replace BDR and Reed on the hour in the hope of pulling a tiring Chelsea defense apart.

Mullers OG

Largely in agreement; however not sure that Reed didn't take a knock at Anfield. Wilson doesn't seem to be at his best at the moment but still better on the wing than DR.

Leno

Tete. Tosin. Diop. Robinson

Palhinha. Cairney

Pereira

Wilson. Jiminez. Willian

Nick Bateman

Nice pick Filham but Cairney must start. Tired of seeing arguably our best player and club captain on the bench barely used. Can't see BDR being forgiven for his display last time out - he is weak, Harry Wilson far better. Prefer Castagne to Tete but they are almost equally as good.

Fulham have to up their tempo, we play far too slowly and dwell on the ball in the build-up. Silva needs to address this dawdling from goal kicks, etc. Take more long goal kicks, speed up the game.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Mullers OG on January 12, 2024, 04:53:57 PMLargely in agreement; however not sure that Reed didn't take a knock at Anfield. Wilson doesn't seem to be at his best at the moment but still better on the wing than DR.

Leno

Tete. Tosin. Diop. Robinson

Palhinha. Cairney

Pereira

Wilson. Jiminez. Willian

BDR has more positive impact on games overall imo but it's close.

bill taylors apprentice

With such a short turn around there will be changes from the starting line up from Wednesday night.

Its the modern way!

Thames Bank 1

Though I love Cairney, he is not physical enough when required, hence why Reed starts, and especially after his performance Wednesday night, he can get stuck right into Gallagher, also believe (though don't know why due to doom Munger's that support this club) he is better player than credited for

ffcthereligion

Leno

Tete tosin diop Robinson

Palhinha Cairney

Wilson pereira Willian

Raul

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on January 12, 2024, 07:17:26 PMThough I love Cairney, he is not physical enough when required, hence why Reed starts, and especially after his performance Wednesday night, he can get stuck right into Gallagher, also believe (though don't know why due to doom Munger's that support this club) he is better player than credited for

physical?  are we talking league 2? i would rather see ciarneys class on the ball. i didnt see much other than a lot of running and hard graft v liverpool. usually with the ball coming back at us within seconds. have we forgotten the performances leading up to the liverpool game? motm performances?
i give up sometimes.

Zendra

I hope we can get at least a point. Still fearful of getting dragged into the relegation mix.

The lower teams seem to be picking up a few points recently

perry geyton

Quote from: filham on January 12, 2024, 04:25:34 PMWe have to put those exciting cup ties out of our minds for the moment and focus on the big match at the Bridge tomorrow. It would be great to pick up three more league points in beating Chelsea,
My team assuming all are fit,

Leno
                            Tete      Tosin     Diop    Robinson

Reed          Palhinha

Periera
                                 BDR                     Willian
                                           Jimenez
Wilson  and Cairney to replace BDR and Reed on the hour in the hope of pulling a tiring Chelsea defense apart.
The other way round, start with Wilson & TC,

perry geyton

Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 12, 2024, 07:22:22 PMLeno

Tete tosin diop Robinson

Palhinha Cairney

Wilson pereira Willian

Raul

Bench Perreira, start Reed if fit

SuffolkWhite

Rotation time, the defence picks itself but Tete should play this one. I  hope we play better than the home game, turn up and fight for it please 🙏
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

H4usuallysitting

Castagne for Tete for me... I'd also start with Wilson

Andyb

Whitestone

Quote from: Andyb on January 13, 2024, 08:12:12 AMWilian won't start today

Are you sure ? We haven't got a game until the 24th. I'd be amazed if he doesn't start. He picks himself if he's fit. He's that good even at 35.

Woolly Mammoth

Tom Cairney has to be considered without a doubt. In Fact he should start as this match today is his stage.
I thought BDR first touch and decision making was very poor at Liverpool and looked out of his depth on the night.

As for Harrison Read he was magnificent on and off the ball and Captained the side as a leader should.
Hie was busy all over the pitch  and his performance  was phenomenal and a players player, he is an example to the rest and a real English Warrior, and being made Captain inspired him and was a good decision by Marco.

i also feel that Marco once again made his substitutions far too late as legs were tiring in the second half and that cost us in the end as we fell back and surrounded territory, time he wised up.

Why did he take Willian off who was clearly not very happy about it.
My concern is that Harrison despite his knock ran himself into the ground.
 (i hope Lukic was watching who i have never seen break sweat ). Lukic is sterile, uninspiring and spiritless.

So i fear Harrison may not have recovered in time, which is a shame because we need his energy and his tenacity and leadership today but only if he he is fit enough.

Nevertheless we shall have 11 players today who will stand up and be counted because they have to.
Marco will be drumming that into them because this Chelsea team are fragile and there for the taking.

I call them a team but actually they are not, they are currently just 11 individuals. Nevertheless they are still a dangerous animal going forward with match winners, but we can still bloody their noses as they at the moment are not playing for the manager or each other, they have their moments but then so do we.
Marco will be gritting his teeth as he will be anxious to get a result.
To do that he has to play his part and manage the game from start to finish, and use his subs earlier when it is plain to see when it becomes necessary.
He has to be more proactive, if he wishes to get the right result.
In this match it is inevitable he will have to use his bench, he has enough players to choose from who i am sure would love to get involved.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andyb on January 13, 2024, 08:12:12 AMWilian won't start today

Why not, there is a game to win today and he is one of our best 11, and Chelsea will fear him.
It is ridiculous to bring him on when the game is lost as has often happened.
We start him and tell him to bust a gut until he runs out of steam.

You always play your best 11 first to show opponents you mean business and are not there to park the bus.
We defend from the front and Willian will give them something to think about and create opportunities.
If we fanny around at the back with walking football they will punish us.
Their weakness is at the back and Jiminez has to play off the shoulder of the last defender, but he needs support and Fulham need an outlet on the wing which should be Willian.
If we let Chelsea build up a head of steam it could be a long afternoon.
We have to get in there faces and show intent right from the start which will silence the crowd, and so seeds of doubt in their players minds.
You don't win a game fearing what your opponent will do, you make him do the worrying and force him to change plan A to plan B.
Otherwise you have lost the game before a ball is kicked.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.