more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 17/01/24...

Started by WhiteJC, January 16, 2024, 11:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham defender snubbed by EFL club after trial spell
Forest Green Rovers have turned down the chance to sign Fulham defender Jay Williams, according to a report by Football Insider.

Forest Green Rovers have taken a look at the youngster on trial but have decided against bringing him in for the remainder of the League Two season.

Williams, 20, has been on the books at Fulham since 2019.

Football Insider claim he has been on trial with Troy Deeney's side recently along with ex-Rangers winger Josh McPake. However, the Gloucestershire outfit will not be signing either this winter.

Forest Green Rovers snub Fulham defender
Forest Green will have to look elsewhere for defensive reinforcements following their decision not to bring in Williams.

Deeney is currently in his first transfer window in charge and he will be eager to put his own stamp on his newly inherited squad with some signings over the next couple of weeks before the window shuts.

Williams is out of contract at Fulham at the end of this campaign and is due to leave Craven Cottage in the summer as things stand.

A temporary switch to Forest Green would have been a sensible move for him to get some experience under his belt in the Football League. However, it wasn't to be and the Cottagers will need to find him an alternative home.

He played for Port Talbot and Newport County before moving down south when the Whites came calling for his signature nearly five years ago now.

Williams is yet to play for Fulham's senior team but has been a regular for their Under-21's over recent times.

Forest Green are back in action this evening with a tricky away trip to face promotion chasing Mansfield Town at Field Mill.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/01/16/fulham-defender-snubbed-by-efl-club-after-trial-spell/

WhiteJC

Fulham's Hopes Of Signing Midfield Target Boosted
Rennes are clear about not wanting to lose Fulham target Nemanja Matic to another French club amidst interest from Lyon, in news which will be a boost for the Cottagers.

Matic cleared out his locker at Rennes last week and is pushing to move on from the club in the ongoing transfer window.

The midfielder wants to leave the club for personal reasons and met the Rennes hierarchy on Monday to discuss a move.

Rennes have rejected an offer from Lyon earlier in the window and the midfielder asked the club to let him join the French giants.

But according to French sports daily L'Equipe, Rennes are certain that they are not interested in letting him join another French club.

They are prepared to block any potential move to Lyon for Matic and made it clear to the player.

Fulham are interested in signing the player but they are yet to table a bid for the veteran midfielder.

Rennes not being willing to entertain a move within France for Matic boosts Fulham's hopes of landing him if they do bid.

Matic would welcome a return to London but for the moment, Fulham or any other Premier League club are yet to make their move for the 35-year-old.

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/01/16/club-will-push-rangers-to-agree-deal-gers-player-convinced/633365/

WhiteJC

Academy Trio Sign Pro Deals
The Club is delighted to announce that Josh King, Ollie Gofford and Bradley De Jesus have all signed their first professional deals.

Our Academy trio have played a key role for Ali Melloul's Under-18s side over the past 12 months, with their consistently impressive performances helping them to earn appearances at Under-21s level.

Josh King
After featuring in a handful of Under-18 league games and two FA Youth Cup games last season, young Josh King made the permanent step up to full-time football in the summer. After shining at 18s level, Josh has very quickly begun making appearances for Hayden Mullins' Under-21s.

He enjoyed a dream 21s debut in the Premier League Cup, scoring an excellent goal to help the young Whites to a dominant 4-0 win over Leicester City. He was on the scoresheet in an even more important game a couple of months later, scoring the first of two goals in our 18s' narrow win at Cardiff City in the FA Youth Cup Third Round.

Josh has also left his mark on the international scene, having captained England at Under-16s level.

"I'm delighted to be signing a professional contract here at Fulham," he said. "It has always been a dream of mine to sign at this Club since I joined at the age of six years old, and now it feels like a second home.

"I've loved my journey here so far and have felt that the Club has always helped me to develop whilst still enjoying my football through a lot of different challenges."

On the people who have helped along the way, Josh said: "Lots of coaches and players have had a big impact on my career, but I'd have to give the most credit to my family who have always kept me humble and tried to support me with my aspirations.

"My message to the fans would be that I am willing to put my heart on the line for this club and hopefully with continued hard work and dedication, I will one day be given an opportunity to wear the Fulham badge with the First Team."

Ollie Gofford
The dynamic midfielder who joined us at Under-9s is currently playing out his second full Under-18s campaign with the club.

He made a dream 21s debut last season, scoring in a 3-2 win over Brighton and Hove Albion and has played a part at the older level this season too.

"I've been at Fulham for a very long time now, so I'm just very pleased to get it done and I'm excited for the future.

"I've been with the Under-18s for two seasons now, so I'm just trying to push as much as I can, maybe get into the Under-21s, and just try and impress the people up above. Every time I come in here I feel safe and I feel so welcome every time I step in this Club.

"I've been here about 10 years now, so to sign a pro deal is unbelievable."

Bradley De Jesus
Bradley has gained plenty of Under-21s exposure this season after impressing within the 18s group with his marauding style as an attacking right-back.

Like Josh, the 17-year-old has also been handed international exposure on numerous occasions but with Portugal.

"I'm very pleased to be signing at this Club," he told fulhamfc.com. "It's a big achievement for me and hopefully it's just a start of a very long journey here. There have been loads of ups and downs but it's been mostly positive and I'm excited to keep making good memories here.

"My main aim moving forward is to establish myself in the Under-21 side. I've made quite a lot of appearances but I really want to work towards getting consistent minutes.

"There is a lot of good competition in that position, like Devan Tanton for example. I look up to him and want to take bits from his game and having him as competition is only going to do me good and push me to get better every day.

"So many people have helped me on my journey, but I'd like to mention my current coach Ali Melloul. He's made my transition into right back a lot easier with his guidance and has showed a lot of trust in me in the last year and I can only thank him for that."

Sean Cullen also sat down with fulhamfc.com to discuss the signings.

"Josh is a graceful and creative player who consistently produces moments of real quality. He's a pleasure to watch when he is in possession, but also works incredibly hard to win the ball back for his team when out of possession.

"Josh has made the step up from Under-18s football into our Under-21s already this season and has continued to move through the England pathway.

"Ollie has also set really high standards, in all areas of the programme, not just for himself but also his teammates. He's a versatile box-to-box midfielder who works incredibly hard, Oliver is a competitor who sets the tone in games and in training.

"He is an intelligent player, who scores goals by making well timed runs into the opposition's box. A strong personality in the Under-18s group.

"Bradley initially joined the Academy as an attacking player, but transitioned into a full back at the start of his Under-17s year. He has developed into an exciting modern full back.

"He enjoys getting forward and linking up with the attacking play, and has worked hard to develop his defensive skills. Bradley uses his physical gifts to win his 1v1 duels, but increasingly has developed his technical understanding of the full-back position to become a well-rounded defender."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/january/16/Academy-Trio-Sign-Pro-Deals/

WhiteJC

King turns professional
Talented midfielder Josh King has signed professional terms with Fulham, the club have confirmed this morning.

The seventeen year-old, who joined Fulham aged six, has stepped up to full-time football impressively, making an impression on Ali Melloul's under-18 side from the start of the season and scoring on his under-21 debut. The tenacious midfielder, who captained his country at under-16 level, is regarded as one of the country's biggest talents for his age and the news is a huge boost for Fulham's category one academy.

King has scored two goals in fifteen appearances at under-18 level, including the opener in Fulham's dramatic victory at Cardiff City in the third round of the FA Cup, but has slotted seamlessly into Hayden Mullins' under-21 side as well, making five appearances and scoring against Leicester City.

The youngster told Fulham's official website:

"I'm delighted to be signing a professional contract here at Fulham. It has always been a dream of mine to sign at this club since I joined at the age of six years old, and now it feels like a second home. I've loved my journey here so far and have felt that the Club has always helped me to develop whilst still enjoying my football through a lot of different challenges. My message to the fans would be that I am willing to put my heart on the line for this club and hopefully with continued hard work and dedication, I will one day be given an opportunity to wear the Fulham badge with the first team".

The club's academy director Sean Cullen described King's excellent progress in recent years.

"Josh is a graceful and creative player who consistently produces moments of real quality. He's a pleasure to watch when he is in possession, but also works incredibly hard to win the ball back for his team when out of possession. Josh has made the step up from under-18s football into our under-21s already this season and has continued to move through the England pathway."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/king-turns-professional/

WhiteJC

Gofford signs professional deal with Fulham
Fulham under-18 captain Ollie Gofford has pen to paper on a professional deal, the club have confirmed this morning.

The versatile midfielder, who has filled in at the heart of the back four for Ali Melloul's side this season, has impressed in his second season at under-18 level with a series of mature performances and has been utilised for the under-21s having made his debut for the squad then being led by Steve Wigley last year.

Gofford, who has been at Fulham since the age of eight, was delighted to sign his new contract – telling Fulham's official website:

"I've been at Fulham for a very long time now, so I'm just very pleased to get it done and I'm excited for the future. I've been with the Under-18s for two seasons now, so I'm just trying to push as much as I can, maybe get into the Under-21s, and just try and impress the people up above. Every time I come in here I feel safe and I feel so welcome every time I step in this club. I've been here about ten years now, so to sign a pro deal is unbelievable."

Fulham academy director Sean Cullen added:

"Ollie has also set really high standards, in all areas of the programme, not just for himself but also his teammates. He's a versatile box-to-box midfielder who works incredibly hard, Oliver is a competitor who sets the tone in games and in training. He is an intelligent player, who scores goals by making well timed runs into the opposition's box. A strong personality in the Under-18s group."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/gofford-signs-professional-deal-with-fulham/

WhiteJC

de Jesus signs professional contract at Fulham
Portuguese youth international Brad de Jesus is one of three academy starlets to have signed a professional deal with Fulham, the club have confirmed this morning.

The forward thinking full back has become a regular in Ali Melloul's side and has kicked on since being converted into a defender having initially come through the club's youth set-up as a winger. The seventeen year-old is considered one of Portugal's most promising young defenders having switched his nationality from England a couple of years ago and he is delighted to committed his future to the club.

"I'm very pleased to be signing at this club. It's a big achievement for me and hopefully it's just a start of a very long journey here. There have been loads of ups and downs but it's been mostly positive and I'm excited to keep making good memories here. My main aim moving forward is to establish myself in the Under-21 side. I've made quite a lot of appearances but I really want to work towards getting consistent minutes.

There is a lot of good competition in that position, like Devan Tanton for example. I look up to him and want to take bits from his game and having him as competition is only going to do me good and push me to get better every day. So many people have helped me on my journey, but I'd like to mention my current coach Ali Melloul. He's made my transition into right back a lot easier with his guidance and has showed a lot of trust in me in the last year and I can only thank him for that."

Fulham's academy director Sean Cullen added:

"Bradley initially joined the Academy as an attacking player, but transitioned into a full back at the start of his Under-17s year. He has developed into an exciting modern full back.

"He enjoys getting forward and linking up with the attacking play, and has worked hard to develop his defensive skills. Bradley uses his physical gifts to win his 1v1 duels, but increasingly has developed his technical understanding of the full-back position to become a well-rounded defender."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/de-jesus-signs-professional-contract-at-fulham/

WhiteJC

Confidence club have now beaten Fulham to transfer – Quick efforts on January deal key
Confidence club have now beaten Fulham to transfer – Quick efforts on January deal key

That's according to Sabah, who say there is increasing confidence the centre-back will be returning to his homeland rather than the Premier League.

They report that Fenerbahçe are 'very close' to sealing a deal for the Turkish defender, who they've been trying to add to their squad for some time.

The 27-year-old hasn't found a place at Atletico since joining in the summer and has suitors all over Europe, with Porto, Fulham and Roma also in the mix for him.

It is Fenerbahçe who have moved decisively for him, though, making an offer to sign the defender on loan until the end of the season.

Atletico had initially been against this as they want a permanent sale but viewed the offer positively, with Fenerbahçe director Selahattin Baki having travelled to Spain to convince them.

They've also received the approval of Söyüncü, who sees the move as a 'great opportunity' to get regular playing time and ensure he's in Turkey's squad for Euro 2024 in the summer.

Thus, a transfer is nearing completion and there is increased confidence the Turkish side will beat Fulham, and other suitors, to his signature this month.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/confidence-club-now-beaten-fulham-transfer-quick-efforts-january-deal-key/

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney sends message to 16-year-old Fulham 'baller' who just signed pro deal with the club
Fulham club captain Tom Cairney has sent a message to young midfielder Josh King after he signed his first professional contract with the club.

Marco Silva may not have added any senior players to his squad in January, but he'll be delighted that Fulham have acted to secure the futures of several young stars.

The club announced on Tuesday that three youngsters have signed their first pro deals.

Alongside Josh King, fellow midfielder Ollie Gofford and Portuguese youth international Bradley de Jesus all committed their futures to the Whites.

The three youngsters have yet to feature in any way for the first team, although all three have been regulars for the Under-21 sides despite all being eligible for the Under-18s.

King has earned plenty of praise for his performances this season.

He was named as one of the most exciting youngsters in the Premier League earlier in the campaign.

Fulham were also told they had one of the best young midfielders in England and he was capable of playing for a top club.

That may be the case, but King has committed his future to Fulham for now and earned praise from midfield maestro Tom Cairney.

The 32-year-old could offer a lot of expertise to King who unbelievably is half his age.

The teenager has earned international recognition with England's youth teams but was unfortunate to miss out on the Under-17 World Cup last month.

Cairney congratulates King on signing Fulham contract
Posting on Instagram, Cairney shared a photo of himself and King together.

Fulham's number 10 is leading the side out at Craven Cottage during the first promotion season under Slavisa Jokanovic.

King was his mascot that day and alongside the photo, Cairney said: "Congrats on your pro contract @josh.kingg10 baller."

Fulham fans are unlikely to see Cairney and King lining up together for the first team any time soon.

King still has a lot of work to do to be considered for the senior side, although Marco Silva will no doubt be keeping a close eye on him.

He's made more appearances for the Under-18s than Under-21s so far this campaign, but a permanent promotion to that level has to be the next aim for the 16-year-old.

He very much has time on his side, but there is nothing the fans in the Hammy End would love more than to sing, 'He's one of our own' to another player that has come through the academy.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/01/16/tom-cairney-sends-message-to-16-year-old-fulham-baller-who-just-signed-pro-deal-with-the-club/

WhiteJC

Fulham target has seen value drop in half – Club now 'open to a sale' after summer reluctance
Fulham may have been presented with their chance to sign KAA Gent striker Gift Orban on the cheap after seeing a €30m bid rejected in the summer.

That's according to Het Laatste Nieuws, who say the striker's value has fallen by half and the Belgian side are now 'open to a sale'.

The newspaper cover the player today and explain how the Promise of the Year has seen his transfer value drop significantly this season after being the darling of the division last year.

He was 'hot' property in the summer, with Lille eyeing him as a replacement for Jonathan David, Tottenham sending scouts and following him closely and Fulham even making a bid to 'steal him away'.

That was rejected as Gent had received a capital injection from new owner Sam Baro so didn't need a sale and believed that Orban could continue to shine and increase his value.

The opposite has happened, though, with his momentum stalling significantly and the goals drying up, even in training.

His numbers are no longer what they once were, although 12 in 29 games in all competitions is by no means bad, and now Gent have changed their stance.

They are now 'open to a sale' on the proviso that they get the right figure and can find a replacement. On the former, Orban is now being valued at €15m by the likes of Transfermarkt while Eintracht Frankfurt were quoted €20m this month.

Both of those are significantly lower than the €30m quote in the summer and that should be of interest to Fulham, who were very much in the mix for him.

They definitely still need a striker, despite Raul Jimenez rediscovering how to score over the last month, and Orban is a man they've looked at already.

They seemingly baulked at the figures requested in the summer but now he's available for less, he may be a name to keep an eye on in the final weeks of the transfer window.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-target-seen-value-drop-half-club-now-open-sale-summer-reluctance/

WhiteJC

Caglar Soyuncu does not want Fulham move

Atletico Madrid defender Caglar Soyuncu does not want to join Fulham from the Spanish club in the January transfer window.
According to a report by Daily Mail, Caglar Soyuncu is the subject of interest from Fulham. The Cottagers are in the market for a centre-back in the ongoing transfer window. But the 27-year-old Atletico Madrid defender does not want to swap La Liga for Fulham, handing a blow to the West London club.

The Caglar Soyuncu Story
Caglar Soyuncu spent his formative years in his homeland, graduating from the Bucaspor youth division. But he rose to prominence during his stint with Bundesliga club SC Freiburg, spending two years with them. Several Premier League clubs showed interest in the Turkish centre-back before Leicester City secured his services.

The 27-year-old endured a topsy-turvy ride at Leicester City, as he was once a pivotal figure for the Midlands outfit before becoming a bit-part player in his last season at the King Power Stadium. Soyuncu's stint with Leicester City ended last summer, with La Liga giants Atletico Madrid snapping him up.

But the Turk has endured a horrific 2023/24 campaign thus far, managing only 213 minutes of game time across nine appearances thus far. The situation has left Caglar Soyuncu frustrated, with many well-known clubs setting their sights on him. These include several Serie A giants, while Fulham will look to bring him back to the Premier League.

Can Fulham Sign Caglar Soyuncu?
Reports last week suggested that Fulham had tabled a bid to sign Soyuncu from La Liga club Atletico Madrid. The Cottagers are in a spot of bother over the long-term future of Tosin Adarabioyo, who has entered the final year of his contract at the West London club. And with the former Manchester City defender likely to leave Fulham, they need a replacement.

Caglar Soyuncu has thus emerged as a viable target for Fulham. And recent reports have claimed that the Cottagers are a "tempting" proposition for the 27-year-old. But the latest update by Daily Mail has contradicted those suggestions, as he does not want to join Fulham.

Soyuncu's stance is surprising, considering his career is going nowhere at Atletico Madrid. Fulham can offer him regular game time, something he yearns for in Spain. But with the Turkish international not interested in moving to the West London club, they must look elsewhere.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2024/01/16/caglar-soyuncu-does-not-want-fulham-move/

WhiteJC

Loupalo-Bi: 'We're ready for Swansea'
Fulham under 18s striker Aaron Loupalo-Bi is 'really excited' ahead of the FA Youth Cup trip to Swansea City tomorrow night.

Ali Melloul's side booked a second trip to Wales in this year's competition with a dramatic third round win over Cardiff City in December. Loupalo-Bi told the club's official website about his determination to succeed in the Cup:

"As someone who played in the FA Youth Cup last year, it makes me feel really excited when going into these games. I love the atmosphere and how competitive these cup ties are. As a team we know we have a lot of quality and chemistry, so we're hoping to do better than last year and maybe even go on to win it.

Away games are always a challenge as the teams we face obviously have the majority of the fans on their side. However, we're now used to dealing with this sort of pressure and we know how to do well in those environments. We know it's going to be a tough game but we're ready for the challenge."

Tomorrow night's tie will be streamed live and free-of-charge to FFCTV subscribers from 6.50pm.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/loupalo-bi-were-ready-for-swansea/

WhiteJC

Perfect Pathway: The Journey Of An Academy Player
Fulham has seen a number of players make the jump from Academy to First Team over the years, but this is something that is only possible due to untold hard work behind the scenes. From identification and trial periods, to loan spells and psychological welfare, the journey from the age groups through to senior football is an arduous one.

To get an insight into the pathway, we spoke to a number of individuals who know first hand just what's required.

Sean Cullen – Academy Director
    Huw Jennings – Head of Football Development
    Olly Sanderson – Under-21 striker (currently on loan at Sutton United)

Sean Cullen oversees the Academy programme. He ensures we achieve our mission, which is to be an Academy that drives success, where every individual fulfils their full potential.

He delved into the journey that an Academy player goes through in the hope of making their professional debut.

"Our Academy follows routines, which connects to the First Team. We want to prepare the young players as much as possible, so therefore they are ready for the biggest step up within the pathway.

"We have excellent staff around the players, who ensure we are getting the best performance possible out of them. Having Colin Omogbehin as our transitional coach sets up the leap to the First Team. It allows the players to not only showcase their performance but also give the boys an idea of what their future will look like.

We ensure we have the best quality coaches, analysis, support system, and facilities. Our goal is to excel in the player's performance and push them to their best capabilities.

Sean Cullen
Academy Director

Sean further explained, "Despite the physical demands of a professional footballer, the academy holds individuals who are focused and committed to their pathway, which has a major impact on the player's career.

"The Academy players are remarkable, ambitious individuals who manage the demands of being a professional footballer. We prepare our players, with our psychological provision. Most often it is not the physical barrier that the players struggle to adapt with, however, it's the mental barrier that they have to break through to get the best performance."

Moving onto the individual journey, Huw Jennings is responsible for Player Development. He plots the pathway that the players follow to progress their careers further.

Huw started from the beginning of the timeline as he discussed how young footballers become a part of Fulham Football Club.

"We have an excellent recruitment structure that identifies talent through connections, analysis videos or in person. Then, the next stage will be a trial which can be extended up until eight weeks."

As the players develop into the programme, many follow the loan pathway route.

"There are 12 players currently on loans to widen their experience as a young professional. We look at each player individually, to design the perfect pathway for the players. We have a Player Care team, who help oversee the boys to ensure the transitional process is as smooth as possible, and as the Academy, we will continue to support and follow the player's journey."

Huw reflected on the importance of following each player's development and touched on the experiences that they go through.

"On loan, the players will understand the demands of playing in a professional club at a high level. But they remain grounded and understand the importance of the loan movement for pursuing their career, which will help showcase their talent.

Hard work is crucial, they will need to be prepared for the big jump and know the expectations that are required of them.

Huw Jennings
Head of Football Development

In some cases, young players make the step up to join the First Team and the club help ensure that they are mentally ready for the challenges ahead.

He finished with: "Our players have all the possible support to push them to pursue their desires.

"By focusing attention on the future of each individual, it gives them the best possible chance to grow into a young professional football player."

Our Under-21 striker Olly Sanderson has recently made the step up from the National League to League Two side Sutton United, where he will spend the remainder of the season. Prior to his move, he shared his personal experience on the transition process from Academy to senior football (at Oxford City) and how this helped develop him.

The 20-year-old said: "The loan experience has impacted my development in such a positive way. Playing in a men's team with an age range from 19-35, has enabled my physical progression in situations that I may have not experienced before.

"Being around senior players has allowed me to use my body more effectively when protecting the ball. For example, being capable to intercept opposition passes to stop further progression down the pitch."

Many Academy players follow the loan pathway when developing their career, as it enables them to get greater opportunities and flourish in senior setups.  Playing first team football can be crucial as they bid for senior minutes at the club.

Olly added: "Going on loan at a young age changed my mentality.

"Being at Fulham since the age of eight, playing with the same players week in and week out, it was a challenge being around a new changing room. However, I settled in fairly quickly after a few weeks."

He concluded: "The players, staff and fans have been supportive and I have received a lot of encouragement in training and during games.

"Being on loan and playing in men's football has given me more confidence to go and push even further."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/january/16/Perfect-Pathway-The-Journey-Of-An-Academy-Player/

WhiteJC

Bahia 'cool' interest in Vinicius
Bahia have not submitted a formal offer for Fulham centre forward Carlos Vinicius and have cooled their interested in signing the striker, according to reports from Brazil.

Bahia have reportedly balked at the Premier League's valuation of their striker – with the Whites wanting to recoup at least £8.5m to sell the 28 year-old. The Brazilian outfit have not followed up with a bid for the former Tottenham forward and were rebuffed with an enquiry about a potential loan deal. Vinicius, who was reportedly intrigued by the prospect of returning to his homeland, has been disappointed with a lack of game time at Craven Cottage this season since Aleksandar Mitrovic's departure.

Vinicius, who has scored eight goals in 48 appearances, has attracted interest from other clubs in the past few months but it is far from certain that Fulham will be find a suitor willing to match their asking price. Palmeiras' mooted interest has failed to materialise since the turn of the year, whilst approaches to Vinicius' agent from Fenerbache, Olympiakos, Sevilla and Valencia – which were widely reported in the Brazilian press – have also not delivered a formal offer.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/bahia-cool-interest-in-vinicius/

WhiteJC

Talks for Fulham transfer 'went cold' – Whites demands are causing finance problems
Even though Fulham striker Carlos Vinícius continues to be linked to Brazilian clubs, it seems no one is managing to match the Whites request for his transfer.

The latest update on his future is brought by IG Esporte, and talks about Bahia's interest in his signing.

It's claimed that the Tricolor became aware of the price demanded by Fulham, but didn't make a bid to either the club or the player.

That's why the talks 'went cold', and there seems to be no expectation for developments for now.

IG recalls that Palmeiras had also been interested in Carlos Vinícius, but 'did not advance' so far.

So even though the player is said to be keen on a return to Brazil, it seems the clubs are having financial difficulty affording his signing.

European sides such as Fenerbahce, Olympiacos, Sevilla and Valencia reportedly got in touch for more information as well, although they don't seem to have placed their bids yet.

Carlos Vinícius has 16 appearances for Fulham this season, with three goals scored so far.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/talks-fulham-transfer-went-cold-whites-demands-causing-finance-problems/

WhiteJC

Mowbray: I Think Stansfield Wants to Stay Here
New Birmingham City boss Tony Mowbray says loan striker and Town target Jay Stansfield wants to stay at St Andrew's for the second half of the season.

Stansfield, 21, is a player Blues boss Kieran McKenna has admired for some time - TWTD first reported interest in July 2022 - and Town are keen to bring the Fulham striker to Portman Road during January, while Sunderland have also been linked.

Ex-Birmingham boss Wayne Rooney revealed that there is a small period in this window in which the Cottagers can recall Stansfield which former Blues captain and coach Mowbray says isn't yet up.

"No, it hasn't closed," Mowbray told Birmingham World following his side's third-round FA Cup victory over Hull City in which Stansfield netted his eighth goal of the season.

"I've been trying to get hold of Mark O'Sullivan over the last couple of days. I get on well with Mark. I'm pretty sure he would've been telling me if there were any issues or problems.

"I think the kid loves it here, ultimately. I had a one-on-one, I looked him in the eye. There are other interested parties but I think he wants to stay here and score goals. He likes the dressing room, he likes the players. I think he's here just to progress his career.

"If he wants to play in the Premier League, he needs to be playing in the Championship and you need to be careful sometimes when the perception of a more successful club comes along near the top of the table. You've got to be careful that you don't go there and play two games of the last 19.

"There's every chance he's going to play just about all the minutes in this team. I think he's in a good place here. I don't know, there's a small tight window for things to happen [Fulham to recall] if need be."

Town are targeting the addition of two strikers before the end of the window with George Hirst out for much of the rest of the campaign having undergone hamstring surgery and Dane Scarlett having gone back to Tottenham.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/46449/mowbray-i-think-stansfield-wants-to-stay-here