News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ivan Toney, a media darling and a cheat?

Started by Nick Bateman, January 22, 2024, 04:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Fulham have no dishonest players, Brentford do.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 24, 2024, 02:36:15 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 24, 2024, 01:37:36 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 24, 2024, 10:02:22 AMHaha! We're worse for it than they are.   :slap:

From what I can see this thread is about Ivan Toney, not Brentford, so you can hold your celebrations. The amount of people excusing his cheating because others do it too is disappointing.

I don't think it is that people are excusing his cheating as such, but rather that some feel that this is a classic mountain out of a mole hill situation. The counter maybe should be, why is this such a big issue? Is it maybe just because it is Toney? Because to me this looks like people just wanting to find an excuse to complain about Toney for some reason, but maybe there's another reason for this being such a huge issue for many whereas most such cheating goes largely unnoticed.
I am not sure what else you are suggesting it could be, but maybe some people just notice more than others that he is a massive tw@? A tw@ who seems to be accelerating in pushing the boundaries of what being a tw@ is all about, despite his ban. And seemingly gets away with it more because he's being looked at for the England set up

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: StuinSalop on January 24, 2024, 11:22:31 AMSky studios in Brentford. Nuff said.

Don't let the people of Isleworth hear you calling their town Brentford

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 24, 2024, 04:22:23 PMFulham have no dishonest players, Brentford do.
Ha ha, it's funny because it's true  ::smile::

Sting of the North

Quote from: Cambridge Away on January 24, 2024, 04:45:45 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 24, 2024, 10:02:22 AMHaha! We're worse for it than they are.   :slap:

From what I can see this thread is about Ivan Toney, not Brentford, so you can hold your celebrations. The amount of people excusing his cheating because others do it too is disappointing.

I don't think it is that people are excusing his cheating as such, but rather that some feel that this is a classic mountain out of a mole hill situation. The counter maybe should be, why is this such a big issue? Is it maybe just because it is Toney? Because to me this looks like people just wanting to find an excuse to complain about Toney for some reason, but maybe there's another reason for this being such a huge issue for many whereas most such cheating goes largely unnoticed.
I am not sure what else you are suggesting it could be, but maybe some people just notice more than others that he is a massive tw@? A tw@ who seems to be accelerating in pushing the boundaries of what being a tw@ is all about, despite his ban. And seemingly gets away with it more because he's being looked at for the England set up

I was suggesting just that, that some posters seem to have a weird personal thing against Toney and therefore are blowing this way out of proportion. In my opinion.

Thanks for clarifying.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 24, 2024, 05:11:49 PM
Quote from: Cambridge Away on January 24, 2024, 04:45:45 PM

I was suggesting just that, that some posters seem to have a weird personal thing against Toney and therefore are blowing this way out of proportion. In my opinion.

Thanks for clarifying.
Why is it "weird" though? It's just an opinion.

Sting of the North

Well, opinions can be (at least subjectively, sometimes objectively) weird and/or wrong. And in my opinion, the lack of nuance from several posters in this case, is weird. Maybe because I personally am not that bothered by Toney. Just opinions all around, after all.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 24, 2024, 06:53:31 PMWell, opinions can be (at least subjectively, sometimes objectively) weird and/or wrong. And in my opinion, the lack of nuance from several posters in this case, is weird. Maybe because I personally am not that bothered by Toney. Just opinions all around, after all.
Yeah, well, (not that i am the one you are aiming it at) i am not saying he needs shooting. He just doesn't seem to be getting better. Watch this space.

Anyway COYW     ::scarf::

TC's Sporran

he needs shooting. or covering head to foot in foam every game till the end of the season

Nick Bateman

Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 24, 2024, 07:32:32 PMhe needs shooting. or covering head to foot in foam every game till the end of the season

I heard when he was in the bath, he moved the foam again...
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

TC's Sporran

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 24, 2024, 07:37:24 PM
Quote from: TC's Sporran on January 24, 2024, 07:32:32 PMhe needs shooting. or covering head to foot in foam every game till the end of the season

I heard when he was in the bath, he moved the foam again...

haha. so he could float his ball better?

bobbo

I don't think a card red or yellow comes into it and I'm sure the ref would had he noticed just ticked him off and put the ball back where it should have been . I do also agree people looking to persecute toney , me for one .
1975 just leaving home full of hope