watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Flags - awkward

Started by King_Crud, January 25, 2024, 11:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Nothing must ever be done again in our Woke Britain.

Except of course devising new ways for us all to be outraged.

Jurassic Parker

Holy crap you old folks are amazing! 'Woke Britain' has been said in this thread, and SouthCoastFFC even implied that I misunderstood his post and that my humour is weird!

All the people in this thread calling snowflakes, are the snowflakes!!

It's an effing funny! The flags looks like KKK members sitting in the stands! No one was offended! No one is saying we should have removed them! Have you all read the Daily Mail and watched GB News too long to remember what funny is?

No one was offended by this, the resemblance has been pointed out for humour, but the 'everyone is offended these days' brigade has come out to be offended by the fact they think we are all offended? When we are all laughing?

Tickle me pink the age of this board shows through your lack of media literacy, get off the internet and call your grandkids

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 25, 2024, 03:34:57 PMYes, ignore the black ones, don't let facts or the whole picture spoil a whinge.

The black flags look like an Illuminati meeting.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: ron on January 25, 2024, 06:31:11 PMNothing must ever be done again in our Woke Britain.

*yawn*

Shredhead

And the club told the FST that they were signed up to all sorts of sustainability schemes.  :slap:
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

MisfitKid

I didn't realized you had issues with "Necks" on that side of the pond...   ::tongue::
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

kiwian

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 25, 2024, 03:34:57 PMYes, ignore the black ones, don't let facts or the whole picture spoil a whinge.
Oh dear maybe we should have no black at all in our kit. That would keep the wokies happy. I thought they looked good.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

"It was the Dukes,it was the Dukes" to paraphrase Eddie
  ::wink::

King_Crud

Quote from: ron on January 25, 2024, 06:31:11 PMNothing must ever be done again in our Woke Britain.

sounds like you're the outraged party. No one actually thinks it's a klan meeting

Twig

Did you purposely misunderstand or are we're you just looking for an excuse to be outraged?

Twig

Quote from: kiwian on January 26, 2024, 02:43:03 AM
Oh dear maybe we should have no black at all in our kit. That would keep the wokies happy. I thought they looked good.

It's a joke. We're you really unable to understand that?

RaySmith

Quote from: Twig on January 26, 2024, 10:22:02 AM
Quote from: kiwian on January 26, 2024, 02:43:03 AM

It's a joke. We're you really unable to understand that?

Yes, a mildly humorous observation, obviously no-one seriously thinks it's related to the actual KKK - can't believe its led to serious discussion, and argument.

ron

Quote from: Twig on January 26, 2024, 10:21:05 AM

Did you purposely misunderstand or are we're you just looking for an excuse to be outraged?

I'm outraged because I haven't had a proper opportunity to be outraged yet.....

filham

I thought the flags were terrific, reminded me of the white wall at Wembley.

SP

Quote from: Andy S on January 25, 2024, 05:24:56 PMAll that  pvc wasted. What's the world coming to? Yes it did look spectacular but we should be trying to cut back on our use of all kinds of plastic.

Although I agree we should be avoiding unnecessary wastage, watching a little lad waving his flags at Clapham Junction raised everyone's spirits. Hopefully they've recycled them.

Colton F.C.

Sadly it appears the white flags are unlikely to appear at the Cottage in the future.  Collectors item for those that took them home.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Colton F.C. on January 26, 2024, 09:58:16 PMSadly it appears the white flags are unlikely to appear at the Cottage in the future.  Collectors item for those that took them home.

Why 'sadly'? We are quite capable of surrendering home advantage without the assistance of white flags.