watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jarred Gillett, the nightmare from down under

Started by Nick Bateman, January 26, 2024, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Brace yourself Fulham fans; Jarred Gillett has been selected to officiate our FA Cup game against Newcastle. It seems Fulham cannot get a decent ref when we play Newcastle as this bloke, as they say in Australia, is one of the worst!

For some unknown reason, the FA have drafted in an Australian referee with a record of being controversial, into the Premier League. While many experienced officials in the Championship continue to ply their trade, none were as suitable as Gillett. Despite him learning his trade in Australian football, which is a level of the Vauxhall Conference, he was fast tracked into the top division in England and has already made many blunders and contentious decisions. Some were corrected by VAR immediately, some Howard Webb had to apologise for.

Newcastle are a team that thrive on diving and this official will give them an unfair advantage in my view. He is not up to standard and should be sent back on the first Quantas plane the league can book for him.

Sorry to say but the way Marco Silva is sabotaging the 5-0 winning Fulham, by playing BDR over Wilson, but subbing his captain Tom Cairney after we just got our shape and had scored, I have very low expetations. Prove me wrong please, Marco or Gillett.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MikeTheCubed

I thought he'd generally been decent in our games.

Rightwhite

Guzanus

Nick Bateman

Qantas ok, wasn't sure if I'd spelt that right.

Fulham have to stop playing this negative "old man's" slow football, as Spurs did tonight V Man.City, playing it out from goal kicks to immediately losing the ball in one's own half.

I'm still furious with Silva's subbing of captain Cairney just after he had set up the equalizer and we had our shape against Gnasher & co.  Does Silva know his best team or not????

Leno wasted about 5 minutes with all this slow play at the back - I never want to see this again.

Fulham are playing like old men!! No offense to old men.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MickTheBeard

Some manager coaches are good at setting up teams to play the opposition our Marco fits that category.What we lack is a manager coach who can buy younger players who can earn us lots of money to move forward and multiply and to score all over the park and a wheelie bin  to put his so called forwards in the 2 brazalian misfits and the mexican head banger.We miss mitro and a previous manager found him.If the team gets any older we will play bingo and will not need a training ground.

Peabody

Nick, dunno where you are getting your information from but I have always considered him one the better refs.

Somerset Fulham

One of the better refs, isn't he?

Just out of interest, who is on your list of better refs, mate?

Peabody

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 27, 2024, 12:17:45 AMOne of the better refs, isn't he?

Just out of interest, who is on your list of better refs, mate?

If you are replying to me, I think most referees do the best they can, being human they do make mistakes and without them, we wouldn't have a game. I have, in the heat of the moment criticised one or two but I do not subscribe to those that accuse them of corruption

filham

Score five tonight and no one will notice the ref even if he makes a few mistakes, lose 1-0 and you can be sure someone will blame the ref because of an odd error.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: MickTheBeard on January 26, 2024, 11:40:44 PMSome manager coaches are good at setting up teams to play the opposition our Marco fits that category.What we lack is a manager coach who can buy younger players who can earn us lots of money to move forward and multiply and to score all over the park and a wheelie bin  to put his so called forwards in the 2 brazalian misfits and the mexican head banger.We miss mitro and a previous manager found him.If the team gets any older we will play bingo and will not need a training ground.

I think Mick that we will still need a training ground because it will otherwise be difficult to play bingo once dementia has set in.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Nick Bateman on January 26, 2024, 10:26:11 PMQantas ok, wasn't sure if I'd spelt that right.

Fulham have to stop playing this negative "old man's" slow football, as Spurs did tonight V Man.City, playing it out from goal kicks to immediately losing the ball in one's own half.

I'm still furious with Silva's subbing of captain Cairney just after he had set up the equalizer and we had our shape against Gnasher & co.  Does Silva know his best team or not????

Leno wasted about 5 minutes with all this slow play at the back - I never want to see this again.

Fulham are playing like old men!! No offense to old men.

No offence taken Nick! I cannot speak for Americans though who might have taken offense.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Peabody on January 27, 2024, 12:28:07 AMIf you are replying to me, I think most referees do the best they can, being human they do make mistakes and without them, we wouldn't have a game. I have, in the heat of the moment criticised one or two but I do not subscribe to those that accuse them of corruption
I wasn't but I do fully agree with you, Peabody.