more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 27/01/24...

Started by WhiteJC, January 26, 2024, 11:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Talks ongoing with Tosin, says Silva
Marco Silva says talks between Fulham, Tosin Adarabioyo and his representatives are ongoing as the club attempt to keep the defender at Craven Cottage beyond the summer.

The 26 year-old was close to leaving SW6 during the previous transfer window and has rejected Fulham's past offers of a contract extension with the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, Monaco, Napoli, AC Milan, Inter Milan and Napoli all interested in his services. The ball playing centre back's agent – his brother Gbolahan – was forced to deny reports from Italy that he had informed Fulham he wasn't willing to extend his contract earlier this week and Silva confirmed that during his press conference earlier this afternoon.

"[We are having] deep conversations with the club, with his agent, but no news right now. Let's see what is going to happen in the future."

Silva reiterated his earlier comments that it was likely to be a quiet transfer window due to Fulham's financial position but revealed that the club were targeting a couple of positions rather than simply looking for striking reinforcements.

"I don't want to put just the focus on the striker. We have at least two positions that were a target for us to reinforce our squad. Until now is not possible because of the reasons I already spoke about. Let's see. If you ask me if I expect many moves until the end of the market. No."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/talks-ongoing-with-tosin-says-silva/

WhiteJC

Silva mulls over farming Francois out
Marco Silva admits that midfielder Tyrese Francois needs further first-team football but the slender size of Fulham's first team squad means he is weighing up whether to let the Australian leave on loan in the closing days of the transfer window.

The Campbelltown-born midfielder has made eleven senior appearances for Fulham and starred in the early weeks of Silva's reign at Craven Cottage having been handed an opportunity to impress in the Championship. The 23 year-old's progress has been blighted by injury, with a loan spell at HNC Gorica curtailed by injury last year, and has made just two substitute appearances this term.

Silva told his press conference at Motspur Park yesterday:

"We haven't decided yet, we have one more week to do it. Some players have gone on loan because we need them play more games – Stansfield is a good example of that. Ty needs to play games, we tried last season for him to be out but unfortunately he got some bad injuries. Unfortunately injuries have broken his momentum as well.

We have to decide because our squad is very short on numbers. We are doing the right things and taking care of the players we are in a position where we don't have many injuries right now, but we have to be ready if we do have [injuries]. Let's see what happens, if he doesn't go on loan he will stay here for the rest of the season."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/silva-mulls-over-farming-francois-out/

WhiteJC

Predicted Newcastle team v Fulham today in FA Cup clash
Looking at this Newcastle team v Fulham.

Eddie Howe and his players looking to follow up that FA Cup hammering of Sunderland, with another victory at Craven Cottage.

A win against Fulham would see United just two more wins away from Wembley, for a semi-final.

So what can we expect the Newcastle team v Fulham to be?

As a starting point, this was the Newcastle team v Manchester City:

Dubravka, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn, Longstaff, Guimaraes, Miley, Almrion, Isak, Gordon

On Friday morning, a Newcastle United injury update seeing Eddie Howe tell the media that:

"It's still a long injury list.

"Jacob Murphy has trained and he has looked good, so I'm pleased with his progress. That is a big positive.

"Apart from that, no one else is there.

"They're all still working back to full fitness but they are getting closer.

"The likes of Harvey (Barnes), Callum (Wilson) and Joe Willock are showing good signs."

Unless any hidden surprises, that Newcastle United injury update would appear to mean that Eddie Howe will be selecting his team against Fulham from these 20 players. With Livramento back available after illness kept him out of that Man City match.

Dubravka, Schar, Botman, Burn, Miley, Guimaraes, Longstaff, Almiron, Isak, Gordon, Lascelles, Karius, Dummett, Trippier, Ritchie, Krafth, Hall, Livramento, Alex Murphy, Jacob Murphy

Yesterday, Eddie Howe also confirmed that Newcastle United had signed Alfie Harrison from Man City. However, the midfielder is still only 18, so it remains to be seen at what level he will initially train with, whether first team or a younger age group. With surely no chance anyway of involvement tonight at Fulham.

On Friday, the NUFC Head Coach also revealed that 21 year old midfielder would be staying with Newcastle for the rest of the season, rather than another loan spell. He impressed in the first half of the season on loan at Crewe and maybe a chance he could make the bench for this FA Cup game.

So my predicted Newcastle team v Manchester City:

Dubravka, Trippier, Schar, Botman, Burn, Longstaff, Guimaraes, Lewis Miley, Almrion, Isak, Gordon

If my guesstimate proves correct, that would mean no changes, the same team that started and played well against Man City and that played out most of the second half of that stroll at Sunderland, after Miley replaced Joelinton just after the break.

I think once again, a case where the team pretty much picks itself.

With Livramento back available and seemingly Jacob Murphy also likely to be back in the squad, at least hopefully a couple more realistic options for Eddie Howe, both if he did want to change his starting eleven, or make positive changes during tonight's match.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/01/predicted-newcastle-team-v-fulham-today-in-fa-cup-clash-newcastle-united/

WhiteJC

A recharged Eddie and the Hotrods will give a good account of themselves at Craven Cottage
The festive period now seems like a lifetime away, whether we are talking Newcastle United or whatever.

I had a fantastic Christmas Day entertaining my friends Allen and Shirley. And that was about it.

I never had much enthusiasm going into the New Year and I thought I was suffering from some premature January blues.

It was only in the immediate build-up to the mackem cup tie that I knew what the problem had been.

The 6th of January will forever go down in history as the date in 2021 that a deposed American President nearly caused an insurrection after the riot on Capitol Hill.

After watching that chaos unfold three years ago, I had a similarly uneasy feeling heading into the mackem match at the Stadium of Light.

So had a few others who had initially embraced and even celebrated when the draw had been made a month beforehand, judging from what I had been listening to.

Newcastle United were on the crest of a slump and I was very straight to the point in reminding some folk that in future they should be very careful what they wished for.

What everyone went on to witness was a 'Premiership v Championship / Men against Boys' contest, between two completely mismatched football clubs heading in totally differing directions.

Local pride was never in doubt from the first whistle.

We followed the easy win against our most loathed, with a spirited display against current multiple trophy winners Manchester City. Although Newcastle United were glorious losers on the day, this game gave me a feeling of enormous pride in our club.

We are now coming to the end of a two week 'winter break' and face Fulham in the 4th round of the FA Cup.

There have been no significant incomings or outgoings at Gallowgate so far in this January transfer window.

I am hearing that a few of our badly missed injured players are nearly ready to return.

I am also confident that a recharged Eddie and the Hotrods will give a good account of themselves at Craven Cottage.

Finally, a belated Happy New Year to you all.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/01/a-recharged-eddie-and-the-hotrods-will-give-a-good-account-of-themselves-at-craven-cottage-newcastle-united/

WhiteJC

Early team news from Eddie Howe: £44m duo set to return, three close & seven out v Fulham
Jacob Murphy is back in contention for tonight's FA Cup tie at Fulham and Tino Livramento looks set to return after missing our defeat to Man City through illness.

Both have returned to training over the winter break, with Eddie Howe revealing that the winger has "looked good" after recovering from a shoulder injury that's kept him out since our 1-0 win over Arsenal back in November.

Harvey Barnes, Callum Wilson and Joe Willock are "showing good signs", but today's game will come too soon for all three, with Howe saying "we'll see" when asked if they could be back for next Tuesday's trip to Aston Villa.

Elsewhere, Joelinton, Elliot Anderson, Nick Pope and Matt Targett also remain sidelined, with the former ruled out until May after undergoing thigh surgery earlier this week.

Howe on Murphy, Barnes, Wilson and Willock:

"Still a long injury list. Jacob [Murphy] has trained, and he has looked good. I'm pleased with his progress. That is a big positive.

"Apart from that, no one else is there. They are all still working back to full fitness, but they are getting closer. The likes of Harvey [Barnes], Callum [Wilson] and Joe [Willock] are showing good signs."

Howe on Joelinton:

"It is a massive blow for us. There's no one like him when he's fit and firing He brings a different dynamic to our midfield. He's a leader as well.

"He will be a big miss, but we are going to have to do without."

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2024/01/27/early-team-news-from-eddie-howe-44m-duo-set-to-return-three-close-six-out-vs-fulham/

WhiteJC

I watched Newcastle United win nine-goal FA Cup thriller at Fulham and would love a repeat result
Fulham vs Newcastle United is a fixture which evokes strong memories for No 9 legend Malcolm Macdonald

I would dearly love a repeat of one of the greatest games of football I have ever seen when Newcastle play Fulham at Craven Cottage in the fourth round of the FA Cup on Saturday night.

Because 68 years ago almost to the very day - January 28, 1956 - at the same stage of the same competition on the same ground I watched as a starry eyed six-year-old the most fascinating of contests. The scoreline finished up after 90 minutes of see-saw football Fulham 4 Newcastle United 5.

I doubt very much that it will be the same score but Geordies will be hoping it is the same outcome.

That was the Newcastle team which won the Cup three times in five years during the early fifties and years later when I was at St James Park for the unveiling of the Joe Harvey plaque I spoke at great length about it with Vic Keeble who was at the time the only survivor of that fabulous period for Newcastle. Vic scored the winner at Craven Cottage set up by Jackie Milburn.

Of course I have a special association with both clubs - I was born in the shadow of the Cottage, supported them as a kid, played for them, and managed them while the greatest years of my playing career were spent with United. The two teams that day back in 1956 were fascinating especially in view of how my life has unfolded since I was on the terraces.

Fulham included Bobby Robson who later signed me for Fulham and converted me into a centre-forward, Johnny Haynes who I actually played alongside in Fulham white, and Jimmy Hill who was to become a legendary TV personality.

United had icons like Wor Jackie, Bobby Mitchell, Ronnie Simpson, Vic Keeble, and Bob Stokoe who won the FA Cup as a player with Newcastle and as a manager with Sunderland. I think it is going to be a desperately close cup tie on Saturday, so close in fact that I expect it to end in a draw with Newcastle winning the replay.

I wasn't impressed with Fulham at all when they lost 3-0 up here a little while back but I've watched them since and they have played some cracking stuff. I believe it will be a footballing contest rather than a physical one because there are some quality players on view.

My hope in that United have used the last fortnight to gee themselves up physically and mentally because this is their last chance of glory this season. How quickly things have changed between the two matches with Aston Villa.

On the opening day United slaughtered Villa 5-1 at SJP and we were eagerly looking forward to Champions League football. Now a few short months later Newcastle are out of everything bar the FA Cup and facing a journey to Villa on Tuesday night for the return with PL results on the slide.

Of course there are good reasons, not least because of a horrendous injury list that looks like never getting any better. As soon as somebody comes back another goes out, the latest being Joelinton.

United need to get a decent result at Fulham otherwise they will go to Villa as flat as a pancake and that would make an already difficult task almost impossible.

The Villa return is sandwiched between two SuperMac derbies because after playing Fulham the Magpies are at home to another of my former clubs Luton Town next weekend. Those two results will hugely impact on what is left of United's season. A defeat in either cannot be contemplated.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watched-newcastle-united-win-nine-28515165

WhiteJC

Newcastle United predicted starting XI v Fulham as Miguel Almiron & Kieran Trippier decisions made

By Eddie Howe's own admission, it's been an unsettling week for Newcastle United with several key players the subject of transfer speculation.

German giants Bayern Munich tried their best to prise Kieran Trippier away from St James' Park by submitting a £13million bid. Newcastle, however, stayed firm and rejected the offer. Bayern admitted defeat and are unlikely to return to the table.

"We obviously hope he'll stay and we're very confident he will. I have to make it clear he has never asked to leave or questioned his future here," said Howe. "It's a huge compliment that a club like Bayern are interested in him, it's no surprise to me because he's an excellent footballer.

"The situation is finished as far as everyone is concerned, Kieran, myself but we've been in football long enough to never, ever say 100% [finished] because I don't want to look stupid. Kieran is 100% committed and we definitely want to keep him."

Meanwhile, Miguel Almiron has attracted interest from Saudi Arabia, namely Al Shabab, who are not one of the four Saudi Pro League clubs owned by United's majority owners PIF.

"There's been a lot of noise and speculation about his future but certainly as his manager I'm desperate to keep him," replied Howe. "He's played an integral part since I've come to the club in a sense that his contribution has been immense, whether that's goalscoring, work rate, discipline, commitment or professionalism. There has been a lot of noise, that noise comes from somewhere but hopefully, we can keep him."

And then there's Callum Wilson, who's been linked with AC Milan and Atletico Madrid, and multiple Premier League clubs.

Howe explained: "That's been a strange one really because there's been a lot of speculation regarding Callum and I've seen some of it, probably not all of it but a lot of it, I think, has been unfounded.

"From our side, Callum is a huge part of what we're doing. We're desperate to get both our strikers fit at the same time which we haven't had for a long time now and that's hurt us in a lot of different ways. He's nearing fitness, nearing a return. He's looked good, not trained with us yet but he's getting there and no part of me wants to lose Callum."

Wilson won't be involved when Newcastle face Fulham in the fourth round of the FA Cup this evening as he recovers from a calf issue. Trippier and Almiron have trained this week - but does Howe believe they are in the right mindset to start?

NewcastleWorld predicts how Newcastle will line-up at Craven Cottage.

1. GK: Martin Dubravka
The Slovakian has silenced his critics in recent weeks with impressive displays against Liverpool, Sunderland and Man City.

2. RB: Kieran Trippier
Trippier has been the subject of a rejected bid from Bayern Munich this week but that is unlikely to distract the England man.

3. CB: Fabian Schar
The Swiss international continues to be an ever-consistent performer for Newcastle and was rightly rewarded with a new contract earlier this month.

4. CB: Sven Botman
The Dutchman put in his best performance of the season against Man City. Something to build on as he gets over his early-season knee injury. 

5. LB: Dan Burn
Tino Livramento is set to return from illness and that'll push calls for him to be recalled. But Howe has lots of trust in Burn.

6. CM: Bruno Guimaraes
The Brazilian is one Premier League yellow card away from serving a two-match ban but that doesn't carry over into the FA Cup.

7. CM: Lewis Miley
Ideally, Howe would like to take the 17-year-old out of the firing line but injuries in the midfield don't allow it. Scored against Fulham last time out.

8. CM: Sean Longstaff
Longstaff hasn't looked totally at home on the left-hand side of midfield but United do tend to miss him when he doesn't play.

9. RW: Miguel Almiron
Almiron scored against Fulham in December, his only goal in his last 14 Premier League games. Is attracting interest from the Saudi Pro League.

10. LW: Anthony Gordon
Gordon is having an excellent season at Newcastle. With seven goals already, the winger is on course to hit double figures.

11. ST: Alexander Isak
The Swede has scored five goals in his last five games, taking his tally to 14 for the season. A £60m bargain.

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-predicted-starting-xi-v-fulham-as-miguel-almiron-kieran-trippier-decisions-made-4495009

WhiteJC

'Defending starts from the front' - Bassey gives credit to Super Eagles strikers, wingers for defensive solidity
Manager Jose Peseiro seems to have addressed the Super Eagles defensive problems at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations.

Before the start of the tournament in Ivory Coast, the Super Eagles had failed to keep a clean sheet in five consecutive matches, but ended the group stage of the AFCON as the joint best defensive side having posted shutouts in back-to-back games.

Peseiro experimented with the possibility of setting up his team in a 3-4-3 formation in the team's last friendly with Guinea and has stuck with the formation since the win against Ivory Coast.

Calvin Bassey, Semi Ajayi and William Troost-Ekong have emerged as Peseiro's ideal center back partnership when he is playing with three at the back.

The Super Eagles are generally known to be a strong attacking side and have the ability to launch counter attacks with their fast players.

Bassey does not want the Super Eagles central defenders to take the credit alone for their defensive solidity and has highlighted the roles played by the attack-minded players such as Victor Osimhen, Moses Simon, Ademola Lookman and Samuel Chukwueze.

"Defending starts from the front so if you see the way we are defending from the front I've got to give credit to the strikers and our wingers when they are ready to jump on to the center backs or stay with the fullbacks," Bassey said to Hot Sports.

"The organization will come from us behind, leading them also but defending starts from the front and I think we've done that well together. We've covered each other and we all have more of understanding.

"Normally we get a week or two with each other max and then we go back to our numerous clubs. This is the most consistent time period we've had where we are able to build and get a feeling of people's strengths and weaknesses."

Bassey registered  eight tackles in the group stage of the 2023 AFCON, not bettered by any other player.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=50254

WhiteJC

NewsLiverpool to face Fulham in FA Youth Cup fifth round
Liverpool U18s will face Fulham in the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup.

The Reds progressed to the competition's next stage with an impressive 7-1 victory over Arsenal at the Kirkby Academy last weekend.

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson's side will again be at home in round five, hosting Fulham, who advanced with a 5-0 away win against Swansea City this evening.

Fifth-round fixtures are scheduled to be played by February 10. Confirmed details will be announced on Liverpoolfc.com in due course.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-face-fulham-fa-youth-cup-fifth-round

WhiteJC

Big Birmingham City boost involving Jay Stansfield is blow to Ipswich Town and Sunderland: View
Blues could hugely benefit from Stansfield's stay, but some of their league rivals may suffer because of it.

Jay Stansfield will be remaining at Birmingham City for the remainder of the campaign despite "one or two" clubs previously pushing hard to sign him, according to manager Tony Mowbray who confirmed this news to Birmingham Live.

Fulham seemingly had the option to recall him - but have opted against this which is a real boost for Blues who have richly benefitted from his presence during the 2023/24 campaign.

Some Blues fans may have questioned whether the 21-year-old would be ready for the step up after spending last season at Exeter City on loan.

Stansfield had a special connection with the Grecians and their supporters because of his late father - and registered nine goals and seven assists in 36 league appearances during his time at St James' Park.

His goals and assists record combined is fairly impressive - but he may not have been expected to be a real asset at St Andrew's straight away considering he didn't score that many goals for Exeter.

However, he has established himself as one of the most talented strikers in the Championship this term, scoring nine goals in 28 competitive appearances for Birmingham with eight of these coming in the league.

If the 21-year-old can stay fit from now until the end of the season, he will easily get into double figures and if he does, that will fully justify why Blues recruited him during the summer.

He was certainly one of their best signings of the previous window - and they did well to fend off interest from elsewhere.

Ipswich Town will be upset about Jay Stansfield development
Ipswich Town were one team linked with a move for him and according to Football Insider, they even made an approach for the striker.

However, with a move failing to materialise, they are still on the prowl for a striker and desperately need one with George Hirst out injured and Freddie Ladapo sealing a loan exit.

They do have some attacking assets who can contribute going forward, with Marcus Harness proving his worth against Birmingham earlier in the season, Conor Chaplin making the step up well along with Wes Burns and Nathan Broadhead.

Omari Hutchinson, meanwhile, has proved to be an asset and January signing Jeremy Sarmiento should also help their cause. With this in mind, it could be argued that they don't need another striker, especially with Kayden Jackson available as a central striker.

However, a striker signing could be the difference at the end of the season considering the calibre of teams that are chasing them for a top-two place.

Stansfield has already proved his worth at this level, so it's a shame for them that they have missed out on him.

Jay Stansfield could have saved Michael Beale at Sunderland
Mick Beale is struggling at Sunderland at the moment - but a new striker could help him to turn things around.

The striker department has been an issue for some time now, with Ross Stewart out for much of last season and Ellis Simms being recalled by Everton last year.

The Wearside outfit did recruit Mason Burstow, Luis Hemir, Eliezer Mayenda and Nazariy Rusyn - but all four have failed to make too much of an impact - with the club reliant on Jack Clarke to produce the goods at times.

Stansfield could have helped to solve their woes up top and potentially save an under-pressure Beale - but that won't be happening during this window.

Stansfield could have helped to solve their woes up top and potentially save an under-pressure Beale - but that won't be happening during this window.

WhiteJC

"What on earth is happening?" – BBC pundit fears for Newcastle United
In his latest prediction piece for BBC Sport, Chris Sutton has shared his thoughts on the transfer 'uncertainty' on Tyneside and Saturday's FA Cup trip to Fulham.

He asks "what on earth is happening at Newcastle?" after reading reports that we're looking to sell half our team. Kieran Trippier had been tipped to join Bayern Munich – who have now agreed to sign Sacha Boey instead – while Callum Wilson, Miguel Almiron and Jamaal Lascelles have also been linked with moves away.

Sutton "feels sorry" for Eddie Howe, believing the "uncertainty" around so many of his players won't be helping behind the scenes. As a result, he fears we'll be knocked out at Craven Cottage, backing Fulham to beat us 2-1.

Here's what he's had to say ahead of tonight's 7pm kick-off live on ITV4:

"What on earth is happening at Newcastle? I keep reading reports that they are about to sell half their team.

"I feel sorry for Magpies boss Eddie Howe because of the uncertainty over the future of some of his key players, but I don't see things going well for him at Craven Cottage either.

"Fulham are the kind of team who can turn it on at times, and they are going to throw everything they've got at Newcastle."

Sutton's prediction: Fulham 2-1 Newcastle

Personally, I back us to win. Fulham have had to play a two-legged semi-final against Liverpool over the past week, while we've been able to resume normal training, recover and prepare for a vital game in our season.

Hopefully Sutton has got this one run and we're into the last 16 come 9pm tonight! If not, a draw and replay at St James' Park – when we could have a few back from injury – wouldn't be the worst result.

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2024/01/27/what-on-earth-is-happening-bbc-pundit-fears-for-newcastle-united/

WhiteJC

Can This Predicted Newcastle Team Beat Fulham Tonight In FA Cup 4th Round?
Newcastle will play at Fulham tonight (KO time 7:00pm) in the 4th round of the FA Cup.

After being eliminated from Europe and the Carabao Cup, we are left in the FA Cup and the league and we have a gap to close in the league to get into the top 7 and a likely European place for next season.

That has to be the goal for the rest of the season – and every game will be important and they will come just once a week on average now.

Eddie Hoqwe doesn't have a lot to choose from for the team tonight with only Harvey Barnes now available after two weeks since our last game.

Here's the team we think Howe will play tonight in West London:

Dubravka
Trippier (c) Botman Schar Burn
Miley Guimaraes Longsyaff
Almiron Isak Gordon

We were tempted to play Tino Lavtamento at left back but think that Howe will stick with experience and play Dan Burn there.

https://www.nufcblog.com/2024/01/27/can-this-predicted-newcastle-team-beat-fulham-tonight-in-fa-cup-4th-round/

WhiteJC

Eddie Howe Remains Upbeat About The Rest Of The Season
Eddie Howe has a reputation for being positive and really that's the only way to be in life.

Some experts, journalists, and even fans have written off this Newcastle season with the team in 10th place and 14 points behind 4th-placed Aston Villa in the league, so it's unlikely we will make the Champions League next season.

If we can win tonight at Fulham, we will be in the last 16 of the FA Cup and that would give us some momentum in our next game at Aston Villa on Tuesday night in the Premier League.

And Eddie Howe is having none of it, and this is some of what he said in yesterday's press conference when asked if the season was a write-off:

"There are different ways of looking at things. That's one way and it's a very negative view."

"We've had some unbelievable experiences this year which we will benefit from in the future. We're 10th in the league but there is very little gap between us and the teams above us."

"We're determined to go well in the FA Cup so we have to be very positive about the situation. The players are very keen to do well in the second half of the season, and hopefully that will show."

"It's a big moment in our season, as the Sunderland game was, and the lads really responded to that challenge.

"This is an important competition for us, it takes on a new dynamic because of what's gone before."

"We're desperate to get our best form back, I think there were signs of that against Sunderland and Manchester City. We take this game very seriously."

It will be a relief when this transfer window closes and hopefully, we will be able to bring in one or two players and lose maybe only Miggy Almiron to do that.

https://www.nufcblog.com/2024/01/27/eddie-howe-remains-upbeat-about-the-rest-of-the-season/

WhiteJC

Botafogo set to beat Everton, Fulham to Luiz Henrique signature

Brazillian club Botafogo are leading the race for the services of 23-year-old Everton and Fulham target Luiz Henrique.
According to a report by Football Insider, Botafogo are closing in on the signatures of Luiz Henrique. The Brazilian club could soon complete the acquisition of the 23-year-old. They are all set to beat Premier League clubs Everton and Fulham in the race for the Real Betis forward.

Henrique was a part of the Fluminense youth ranks, he made it to their first team in 2020. After two years of first-team football in Brazil, Real Betis ended up signing the 23-year-old right winger. Since making the move to Spain, he has featured in a total of 63 matches and has contributed with four goals and 10 assists.

He has had limited game time so far in his 20 appearances this season but has managed to put in some impressive performances and has four goal contributions to show for it. His impressive performances have attracted interest from England.

Fulham and Everton are two clubs that have been interested in the 23-year-old forward's services. They are willing to battle it out for his signatures as they look to reinforce their attack before the window shuts on 1 February.

The Liverpool-based club are fighting for survival in the English top flight following their 10-point deduction earlier this season. And, of late they haven't been at their best as a result the Toffees are looking for a new forward.

The Cottagers currently sit 13th on the points table and they have an eight-point buffer. But, they need to keep winning if they want to stay away from the relegation zone and Henrique could be a great addition.

But, it seems both Premier League clubs are ready to miss out on the Brazilian winger. He is all set to return to Brazil before the window ends as Botafago are all set to secure a permanent deal with the Spanish club. The Brazilian club will then send him out on loan to Ligue 1 side Lyon. American billionaire John Textor who owns Crystal Palace, Lyon and Botafago is responsible for this deal.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2024/01/27/botafogo-set-to-beat-everton-fulham-to-luiz-henrique-signature/

WhiteJC

What TV channel is Fulham v Newcastle United on? How to stream and FA Cup draw details
Fulham v Newcastle United: Eddie Howe's side travel to the capital for their first Fourth Round match during his time as head coach.

Newcastle United face off against Fulham with a place in the FA Cup Fifth Round on offer for the winner. The Magpies have already beaten fierce rivals Sunderland to reach this stage whilst the Cottagers also defeated Championship opposition in Rotherham United in the Third Round.

However, Newcastle have a terrible recent record against Premier League opposition in the FA Cup and have beaten just one top-flight team in the competition since 2005 - that came against Blackburn Rovers over a decade ago. Here, we take a look at everything supporters need to know about the FA Cup clash between Fulham and Newcastle United:

When is Fulham v Newcastle United?
The FA Cup Fourth Round match between Newcastle United and Fulham at Craven Cottage kicks-off at 7pm on Saturday 27 January. Jarred Gillett will be the referee for the game and he will be assisted by Tony Harrington on VAR duty.

What TV channel is Fulham v Newcastle United on?
ITV 4 will show Newcastle's clash against Fulham.on Saturday night. Coverage will begin at 6:15pm. Supporters in the United Kingdom can also stream the game on ITV X.

When does the FA Cup Fifth Round draw take place?
The winner of Saturday's game will find out their opponents for the next round on Sunday when the draw for the Fifth Round takes place. That will occur before Liverpool's clash with Nottingham Forest which kicks-off at 2:30pm on ITV.

Newcastle United or Fulham will be ball number 16. A draw on Saturday night will mean the two sides face a replay at St James' Park on the week commencing February 5.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/what-tv-channel-is-fulham-v-newcastle-united-on-how-to-stream-and-fa-cup-draw-details-4495233

WhiteJC

'Fake news' – Fabrizio Romano reveals what he has heard from agent of Spurs target
Fabrizio Romano has revealed that the agent of rumoured Tottenham target, Tosin Adarabiyo, has denied suggestions that the centre-back has made up his mind to leave Fulham on a free transfer next summer.

It looks unlikely that Tottenham are going to bring another centre-back through the door during the current transfer window after the arrival of Radu Dragusin.

However, Adarabioyo could be an option for the Lilywhites next summer, with the 26-year-old having just six months left on his contract at Craven Cottage.

Reports over the last few weeks have continued to insist that Ange Postecoglou's men are continuing to keep an eye on the 26-year-old's situation (The Athletic).

A couple of days ago, Gianluca Di Marzio revealed on Sky Sports' Transfer Centre that AC Milan are ready to begin work on landing Adarabioyo on a free transfer next summer.

Di Marzio pointed out that the centre-back can sign a pre-contract agreement with clubs outside England, now that he is into the final six months of his deal.

Tosin Adarabioyo is yet to make a decision on his future
Romano has now taken to social media to reveal that Adarabioyo's agent has dismissed suggestions that the player has communicated his desire to leave Fulham as 'fake news'.

The journalist explains that while there continues to be a lot of interest in the English defender, the player has not yet made a decision on whether to pen a new contract with Marco Silva's men.

Spurs Web Opinion
Tottenham will likely revisit their interest in Adarabioyo next summer if he is available on a free transfer but the centre-back might not be too keen on the idea of moving to the North London side, with Postecoglou now having three top central defenders at his disposal.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/fake-news-fabrizio-romano-reveals-what-he-has-heard-from-agent-of-spurs-target/

WhiteJC

FA delete social media post after sparking Newcastle United outrage ahead of Fulham clash
FA deletes social media post after sparking Newcastle United outrage ahead of Fulham clash.

The FA's official X account - formerly known as Twitter - has deleted a post after sparking an angry response from Newcastle United supporters.

The Magpies will be backed by 3,800 Geordies at Craven Cottage this evening as Eddie Howe's side look to advance into the fifth round of the FA Cup. However, the late kick-off time (7pm) means some fans are having to fork out hundreds of pounds to stay overnight in London with no trains available after the game.

And Newcastle fans were keen to remind the FA of that when they tweeted: "The definition of dedication. The @NUFC fans will be embarking on a 588-mile round trip. #EmiratesFACup fourth round clash with @fulhamfc".

As expected, it fuelled negative a response. Newcastle United Supporters' Club (NUSC) said: "So @itvfootball decide to put it at 7pm on ITV4 with no return public transport. Stop taking our supporters for granted."

The post was then deleted, to which NUSC said: "The post for those asking. Deleting is cheating."

NUSC previously released a statement about ITV's decision to move the game to a 7pm kick-off.

"Once again we are appalled at the lack of thought given to traveling supporters ahead of our FA Cup match at Craven Cottage," it read.

"A 7pm kick-off leaves supporters with no option of catching a train home with the last train for Newcastle departing Kings Cross at 9pm, leaving thousands now looking for accommodation in London with only two weeks notice.

"The financial and logistical burden imposed on traveling fans by TV companies is shocking in an industry reaping huge profits. It is always the fans who pay the price. The loyalty of our supporters is once again being taken for granted in the knowledge that we will fill the away end regardless of the kick-off time."

And Howe has sympathised with supporters: "I have sympathy for them [the fans]. We're at the mercy of the TV companies and when they want to schedule games.

"I don't think enough consideration is given to supporters. To get back from London at that time is going to be extremely difficult and I have sympathy for our supporters."

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/fa-delete-social-media-post-after-sparking-newcastle-united-outrage-ahead-of-fulham-clash-4495237

WhiteJC

Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe told to make line-up change for FA Cup at Fulham
Newcastle United are in FA Cup fourth-round action at Craven Cottage this evening

Newcastle United boss Eddie Howe is not able to boast a wealth of options in his squad at present as injuries continue to bite. The Magpies return to action following the winter break, with Howe's men on the road in the FA Cup fourth round when they travel to play Fulham at Craven Cottage this evening.

United are still without Callum Wilson, Joe Willock, Joelinton, Harvey Barnes, Elliot Anderson, Matt Targett, Nick Pope and the suspended Sandro Tonali, however there are two fresh additions at least in Tono Livramenton and Jacob Murphy.

Livramenton returns after missing the Manchester City game last time out through illness, while Murphy has trained with the squad this week after recovering from a shoulder operation. Still, with a big Premier League game against Aston Villa also on the horizon, there's not much scope to change things up.

Which is why when asked this week, Newcastle fans have opted to make just one change to the line-up for the game at Fulham. Asked to pick their preferred starting XI for the game, supporters stuck with the same side that faced Man City but with one exception.

The most chosen XI sees Livramenton recalled at full-back at the expense of Dan Burn, with Murphy starting the game on the bench as supporters stick with the front three of Migeul Almiron and Anthony Gordon supporting Alexander Isak.

https://i2-prod.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/article28523500.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200e/0_NUFC-teamJPG.jpg

WhiteJC

Fulham protest Newcastle United FA Cup clash amid £40 controversy
Fulham v Newcastle United: A section of Fulham supporters have decided to boycott Saturday's FA Cup match at Craven Cottage.

Fulham supporters will be protesting FA Cup ticket prices at Craven Cottage by boycotting Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round match against Newcastle United (7pm kick-off).

The cheapest adult home ticket for the match has been priced at £40. The general sale of tickets closed at 5pm on Friday, with a significantly reduced home crowd expected as a result of the ticket pricing.

While there has been no increase in price from Premier League matches, many Fulham supporters have decided to boycott the match as part of the #AffordableFulham campaign.

Newcastle fans will be housed in blocks P4 to P7 in the Putney End at Craven Cottage. Eddie Howe's side are set to be backed by 3,800 away supporters.

The Magpies progressed to the fourth round of the FA Cup for the first time under Howe with a 3-0 win at Sunderland earlier this month. If the score is level after 90 minutes, a replay will be arranged at St James' Park for Tuesday, February 6 (subject to change for television).

The winners of the tie will be ball number 16 in the fifth round draw. Newcastle have not beaten a Premier League side in the competition since a 2-1 third-round win over Blackburn Rovers in January 2012.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/fulham-protest-newcastle-united-fa-cup-clash-amid-ps40-ticket-controversy-4495282

WhiteJC

Why I'm watching Fulham from home tonight
Craven Cottage under the lights is a special sight. There's something different about the way Fulham's unique home glistens at night that hooked me in as a child. Evening games were exciting: you got to stay up later and the history dating all the way back to Archibald Leitch felt more on display as the floodlights took effect. I love the FA Cup and feel we are so lucky to have a manager like Marco Silva at the helm. He's a winner and his sides play the sort of football that is very easy on the eye. But I won't be at the ground tonight to cheer on the Whites – because it is time to take a stand.

Football has long since stopped being the game of the workers and Hammersmith and Fulham property prices mean that living in the borough is certainly no longer affordable. For many of us, Fulham Football Club is the link with the past that remains in our lives – our families grew up there or took us to the ground as kids. It wasn't for the quality of football or winning something and, when I was at school, finding a fellow Fulham sufferer as rare as winning the lottery. There weren't many of us but we stuck together.

Most of my early memories watching Fulham were of playing with other kids on the terraces. Because the team weren't very good, there was plenty of space. After Fulham Park Rangers and public inquiries, we sort of settled into our spot in the fourth division. We didn't have much money but we had our ground and you knew an awful lot of the people who attended. Then, Micky Adams replaced his mentor Ian Branfoot as manager and things started to motor. The most unexpected promotion was followed by something even more sensational: Mohamed Al-Fayed buying the club and bankrolling a surge through the pyramid.

Al-Fayed might have tried to sell the Cottage to himself for property development and put a statue of Michael Jackson behind the Hammersmith End, but he listened to the 'Back to the Cottage' campaign and returned Fulham to their rightful place on the banks of the River Thames. He didn't fleece the fans and employed people who understood football to keep the club moving forwards. Nobody would have predicted that Jean Tigana would have dipped into the First Division having been so successful in France, that Fulham would stay thirteen years in the top flight and reach a European final, but it all happened.

When the Whites returned to the top flight following Tom Cairney's well-taken winner on that wonderful day at Wembley, the successors to the eccentric Egyptian provoked uproar by hiking up the ticketing prices. The Fulham Supporters' Trust warned that this wouldn't have the desired effect and a polite protest asking the Khans to 'stop the greed' caused some rancour amongst the hierarchy. The Trust put a lot of work into surveying supporters and coming up with two sets of price plans in the event that Claudio Ranieri somehow clawed a struggled side to safety, but the issue returned with a vengeance this season when season tickets went up by 17.5% and matchday prices rocketed to insane levels.

November's 'yellow card' protest before the game against Manchester United put a few noses out of joint down at Motspur Park. Alistair Mackintosh, a highly regarded chief executive in footballing circles, told the Trust that their protests were not helpful. He went further, questioning whether the Trust were truly representative of the fanbase. Mackintosh didn't see any problem with the Trust when he accepted an award for successful supporter dialogue from the Football Business Awards in 2018. He even appears in a video, with the editor of this website, praising the Trust and the fanbase.

Perhaps Mackintosh's sudden disenchantment stems from the fact that the fans are beginning to question the general competence of the decision makers at the club. The Riverside Stand remains unfinished despite supporters shelling out £3,000 for season tickets and six years having passed since Shahid Khan's revised scheme gained planning consent at Hammersmith and Fulham Council. The Trust were told that the Riverside project would need to be completed before the Hammersmith and Putney Ends were improved – but since the club's directors could be snugly accommodated in the Cottage itself that wasn't too much of a problem.

The club suggests that they need to make more revenue to cover the cash splurged by Khan senior since he bought out Al-Fayed. But this is a hierarchy unchanged from when Fulham failed Financial Fair Play by £200,000 in 2015 because they failed to get Bryan Ruiz off the books in time. The fantastical fees spent on Ivan Cavaleiro, Anthony Knockaert and Terence Kongolo – amongst others – were hardly an exercise in sound financial management after high profile signings had failed to keep Fulham in the top flight. Furthermore, in the era of massive television deals, nobody can seriously suggest that match ticket sales are going to deliver sustainability. Indeed, Fulham leapfrogged two Premier League rivals in the latest Deloitte revenue league.

Perhaps the most egregious element of all this is the utter disdain for the match going fan. The loyal supporter whose contributions made have funded the work of Fulham 2000, someone who could have been a voluntary steward in the dark days, and whose season ticket payments were vital when the club had very little. What do they get for their loyalty? In the case of this evening's game – shamefully scheduled for a Saturday evening at the behest of television and scuppering the travel plans of several thousand Geordies – season ticket holders couldn't even book the seat they usually sit in because Fulham have long since dispensed with a home cup tie scheme.

I love my football club. I've travelled across the country – and even the globe – and spent ridiculous sums of money to support the boys. I even rationalised paying the £40 on Wednesday night because the Whites don't normally make semi-finals. But I won't stump another £40 – or £50 as it would be on the gate tonight – because absentee owners are unwilling to recognise what makes London's oldest professional side special. Fulham used to be a family club. If they want to claw back a vestige of dignity, the Khan family will need to take action.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/why-im-watching-fulham-from-home-tonight/