watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Muniz's miss

Started by Nick Bateman, January 31, 2024, 10:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

One cannot fathom how a centre forward completely unmarked can head a perfect cross straight at the goalkeeper!?!

Perhaps Fulham should play with no CFs, ala Man.City at various times in Pep's reign? Play Harrison Reed instead.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Benny

The guy is dog shite tbh, he's not going to score at this level as he can't do the basics

Always trying for a spectacular goal but can't finish the easier chances.

How he's a option before Vini I'll never know

scotto2000

he was not unmarked

Nick Bateman

Not unmarked but unchallenged.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

perry geyton

I thought Raul's miss was way worse,

love4ffc

Love how Muniz gives 100%.  Sadly, he's just not good enough for a backup striker in the Premier League. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Carborundum

Misses happen and if he's got to the position where he's got that header to miss, at least something has gone right.  McNeil's first half miss was at least as glaring and I think it's fair to say that he's a decent player.

More troubling for me was a moment near halfway when he received messy throat high ball and chose to crumple in the hope of a cheap free kick.   Ref saw through it.  Found myself shouting "What kind of a striker does that?".  If you want to play that position, to receive the service some rather good players are delivering, then trying to win your personal battle is part of the deal. Applies at any level of football.

It takes a very significant amount of work to be able to match or better the likes of James Tarkowski.  Painful hard work.  Only Muniz knows whether he's pushed himself to the limit, so that when opportunity knocks, as it it has for him, he can make a decent fist of it.

Mickeyboro

Physicality is not in Muniz's skill set. Unlike the man he is intended to replace...

JimmyConway

Could potentially be the most common phrase used until middle of May?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Could have been worse. Look at Beto's last second miss.

fulhamfever

Vini would of scored one of those header defo, also thought he would of tuck one chance away at least, the goal against Luton was a proper smash and grab first to the ball type striker.

filham

All players make mistakes and miss chances from time to time, our strikers do it on a regular basis.
Muniz, Vinnie and Jimenez have beenn given ample playing time to show their wort but have clearly demonstrated they are not up to the job.
How much did we pay for those three.

Surlyc

Quote from: filham on February 01, 2024, 09:17:44 AMAll players make mistakes and miss chances from time to time, our strikers do it on a regular basis.
Muniz, Vinnie and Jimenez have beenn given ample playing time to show their wort but have clearly demonstrated they are not up to the job.
About £18m, I think. They've not been awful (in particular Jimenez has shown some promise), but when you look at what our rivals have paid for their main forwards then the results aren't surprising.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Surlyc on February 01, 2024, 01:25:04 PM
Quote from: filham on February 01, 2024, 09:17:44 AMAll players make mistakes and miss chances from time to time, our strikers do it on a regular basis.
About £18m, I think. They've not been awful (in particular Jimenez has shown some promise), but when you look at what our rivals have paid for their main forwards then the results aren't surprising.
It's like the Khan's have suddenly turned into Al Fayed in respect of strikers. After Marlet, sell Saha for £15m and buy McBride for £1m

Oakeshott

"buy McBride for £1m"

That didn't turn out to be a bad bit of business.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Oakeshott on February 01, 2024, 02:27:05 PM"buy McBride for £1m"

I was hoping Jiminez would be the same (after Mitro), but he seems to be a little hot and cold. Now we have seen how good he can be

Cambridge Away

Quote from: Oakeshott on February 01, 2024, 02:27:05 PM"buy McBride for £1m"

He might have even been £500k?

Nero

Did you see the Toney miss last night, far worse

DadCreature

And Reyna was available for 15 million.  Peanuts for a team in this league and he scores goals and has enormous upside. 

perry geyton