watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lack of goals…could be worse

Started by COLMAN, January 31, 2024, 10:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COLMAN

We're short of goals as we all know....but we've scored 4 more goals so far this season compared with the mighty spenders of Manchester Utd...which demonstrates the danger of thinking that buying will automatically sort the problem.

Minority view but I think that Muniz may come good, still young and works reasonably hard...just think he needs a couple of goals to bolster his confidence.

The Old Count

Quote from: COLMAN on January 31, 2024, 10:12:58 PM
We're short of goals as we all know....but we've scored 4 more goals so far this season compared with the mighty spenders of Manchester Utd...which demonstrates the danger of thinking that buying will automatically sort the problem.

Minority view but I think that Muniz may come good, still young and works reasonably hard...just think he needs a couple of goals to bolster his confidence.

I live in Hope.
(Which is a small town just outside Wishful Thinking)

Bassey the warrior

24 goals out of 21 games for Man Utd, how the mighty have fallen.

jarv

I am reasonably confident we will be ok because the team is playing well. Had a tough run of games, the last 10 or so.  The next 2 or 3 should produce points. If not, then we are in a bit of trouble.

RaySmith

Quote from: The Old Count on February 01, 2024, 08:13:15 AM
Quote from: COLMAN on January 31, 2024, 10:12:58 PM

I live in Hope.
(Which is a small town just outside Wishful Thinking)

We came so close so often v Everton - unlucky  really, though would have been so Fulhamish, and gutting, for them to score in the closing minutes, as they so nearly did.

Nice to hope that Muniz will come good, can't really fault his effort, and with more composure in front of goal....
But I used to defend Bryan Ruiz against his critics, and he did score a couple of  great goals, but I finally had to admit that he just wasn't up to to the pace and physicality of the Prem.

Still, brilliant if Muniz does start to score, and we do have others who can, and who came so close  against Everton, though we definitely need a focal point up front who can put the ball in the back of the net.

King_Crud

Quote from: Bassey the warrior (formerly Mitro) on February 01, 2024, 08:42:21 AM24 goals out of 21 games for Man Utd, how the mighty have fallen.

long may it continue. I don't think I'll ever get sick of watching them lose

filham

Those magnificent two victories of 5-0 are distortning the picture ,take those away and wer are scoring less than a goal a game.

Whitestone

We've failed to score in ten Premier League games this season. That's more than any other team. The OP says "it could  be worse". Really? . We have a serious problem, let's not kid ourselves.

bencher

We are desperately missing Iwobi, he gives a lot to our attacking play. But we are really short on numbers so we have no plan B options from the bench.

filham

Quote from: Whitestone on February 01, 2024, 09:33:53 AMWe've failed to score in ten Premier League games this season. That's more than any other team. The OP says "it could  be worse". Really? . We have a serious problem, let's not kid ourselves.
If you pay to watch a Fulham match the chances of leaving without seeing a Fulham goal are pretty good.

Free Elvis Hammond

We're generally looking stronger in attack recently I think, despite the lack of goals - Chelsea was drab, but Everton could have easily ended up 3-3, Newcastle and both legs against Liverpool we played pretty well overall

I think Pereira's loss of form is as big as a concern as the lack of a deadly forward though. He's creating less and pressing less. I'd have Iwob in for him the second he's back

H4usuallysitting

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Whitestone on February 01, 2024, 09:33:53 AMWe've failed to score in ten Premier League games this season. That's more than any other team. The OP says "it could  be worse". Really? . We have a serious problem, let's not kid ourselves.

Exactly.

6 in the last 11 in all competitions.

The strikers aren't the only problem.  The build up play is lacking often as well. 

IMO we really need a proper creative 10 and a dynamic wing option as well.

bencher

Quote from: FFC In Oz on February 01, 2024, 11:06:37 AM

Exactly.

6 in the last 11 in all competitions.

The strikers aren't the only problem.  The build up play is lacking often as well. 

IMO we really need a proper creative 10 and a dynamic wing option as well.

Iwobi offers both of those things. When he got used to playing for us we were scoring nicely, since he left for AFCON we've struggled. He quietly became our most important attacking player.

bog

At least we gave a better show in our two games v Liverpool than that lot down the road, who have spent £1b on players.    ::tongue::

I saw some of this game, on one occasion Liverpool had a shot deflected over the bar. v us their equaliser had to go in the goal didn't it, not over the bar.