watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

looking ahead, pause for thought

Started by jarv, February 02, 2024, 10:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

A few weeks ago I was feeling confident. 0-0 with Everton was ok, at least we didn;t lose. However, next 2 Burnley and a revitalised Bournemouth is scary. I think 4 points would be acceptable but beyond that we have more tough fixtures coming up so hoping for 6 from the next two. Could be another tough month ahead with some other teams catching up. Absentees does not help us.

Fingers crossed.

Thailand Mick

It would be handy if Brighton and Aston villa dip in form continues because we have some tough home games until the end of the season.

Yorkie_FFC

Agreed some difficult fixtures coming up however last season 35 points was enough for safety. Looking at the teams in the bottom 3 this season, the bottom 2 aren't even half way to that tally yet with Everton, Luton & Forest all split by 2 points. I think the relegation points total could be 32 at best, which is Luton getting 13 points until the end of the season on how things currently stand. Ideally we need to avoid any doubt and not drag it out, would rather have a boring end to the season knowing Premier League survival is in the bag but 4 wins for us from now until the end of the season probably sees us safe.

filham

You can write off Burnley, we just don't do wins at Turf Moor. Then Villa at home is tough.
We can mix it with the best but do need to start scoring, hope rests with the return of Iwobi and the introduction of Broja ( a lot of pressure on that lad).

I am still looking for 40 points, note how Luton are now collecting points.