News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who do you think was the best signing made out of Chelsea players coming to us?

Started by RAY Rock ????, February 02, 2024, 04:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

filham

Quote from: fulhamfan on February 02, 2024, 05:39:29 PMDuff and Willian easily
Yes these two are well ahead of the rest but just in front of them was Roy Bentley, his conversion from and England centre forward to a top centre half was pure brilliance.

colinwhite

spikey norman

Doug Rougvie was from memory a  decent centre half even though he was in his 30's when he joined us

filham

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 03, 2024, 09:51:34 AMDuff for sure but what about Ivor!
Oh yes, I had forgotten that Ivor went to Chelsea for a short spell and then came back. No we want to forget that, he was never really a Chelsea player.
You are in danger of damaging a good memory of one of our greatest players with facts.

bog

Quote from: ianthailand on February 03, 2024, 03:29:34 AM
Quote from: bog on February 02, 2024, 04:26:27 PMRoy Bentley, 9/10 Willian 9?10. Both getting on but both excellent for us.
Roy Bentley, Mr. Bog that's why i'm a Fulham supporter. I started supporting Chelsea, became Britain's first Brain Transplant Receipient, and subsequently Roy transferred to Fulham, August 1956, i was 8 years old. 67 years later, waiting for Godo, Stansfield etc.,

Morning Ian. A late response as I have been away. You may like to know that I used to go to a primary school with Roy's daughter. Me moving on in 1956. He used to be at the school gates to collect her. He looked huge!
Anyway, a while back, he was at Stamford Bridge to celebrate the winning of the league in 1955. (No he didn't mention me) Despite his age he did a lap of honour carrying the trophy. Full of nostalgia I wrote to him c/o his former club mentioning seeing him at the school gates and also my best ever line up in which he was still at centre half. Almost by return of post Roy responded in his own hand, saying what a line up that was and honoured to still be listed. One of my prized FFC possessions is that letter.

Johnny Haynes went on record that Roy was one of the most important signings made while he was there.