News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who do you think was the best signing made out of Chelsea players coming to us?

Started by RAY Rock ????, February 02, 2024, 04:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY Rock ????

Only my era if anybody can add some more players from the past
Ola Aina   not bad solid 7/10
Marcus Bettinelli   was at Fulham first
Wayne Bridge   signed to get fit for World Cup 5/10
Nathaniel Chalobah disappointing 4/10
Damien Duff   top drawer 8.5/10
Bjarne Goldbæk   solid 7.5/10
Eiður Guðjohnsen tried past his best 5/10
Jon Harley   disappointing 6/10
Gaël Kakuta   over rated 3/10
Tomáš Kalas   Good championship player 7.5/10
Ruben Loftus-Cheek   Failure over rated 1/10
Scott Parker   past his best 5.5/10
Ian Pearce   Trier 6/10
Lucas Piazon   good in patches 6.5/10
Mark Schwarzer   was at fulham first
André Schürrle   good player in the wrong team 7/10
Steve Sidwell   solid gave his all 7/10
Alexey Smertin disappointment 4/10
Willian   top drawer 9/10
Martell Taylor-Crossdale Never saw him play 1/10
Broja ? 🤞

bog

Roy Bentley, 9/10 Willian 9?10. Both getting on but both excellent for us.

Stevieboy

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on February 02, 2024, 04:23:41 PMOnly my era if anybody can add some more players from the past
Ola Aina   not bad solid 7/10
Marcus Bettinelli   was at Fulham first
Wayne Bridge   signed to get fit for World Cup 5/10
Nathaniel Chalobah disappointing 4/10
Damien Duff   top drawer 8.5/10
Bjarne Goldbæk   solid 7.5/10
Eiður Guðjohnsen tried past his best 5/10
Jon Harley   disappointing 6/10
Gaël Kakuta   over rated 3/10
Tomáš Kalas   Good championship player 7.5/10
Ruben Loftus-Cheek   Failure over rated 1/10
Scott Parker   past his best 5.5/10
Ian Pearce   Trier 6/10
Lucas Piazon   good in patches 6.5/10
Mark Schwarzer   was at fulham first
André Schürrle   good player in the wrong team 7/10
Steve Sidwell   solid gave his all 7/10
Alexey Smertin disappointment 4/10
Willian   top drawer 9/10
Martell Taylor-Crossdale Never saw him play 1/10
Broja ? 🤞
Barry Lloyd and Teddy Maybank, never let us down

WhiteJC

LittleErn

Quote from: bog on February 02, 2024, 04:26:27 PMRoy Bentley, 9/10 Willian 9?10. Both getting on but both excellent for us.

Roy Bentley! A great centre forward for Chelsea, with 12 England caps. He converted to a very good Centre-half for us as he got older and slower using his experience and positional sense to great advantage. He captained Chelsea in their 1955 win of the old First Division. As I young naive lad I used to go to Stamford Bridge one week and The Cottage the next and, although Chelsea were successful, the football of Haynes, Jezzard, and Robson was far more exciting and forged my long term allegiance to the Whites. Ted Drake was the Chelsea manager in 1955 and to everyone's surprise he dismantled the champions winning side in favour of youth players. At the time MU and Busby's babes were playing some great football so Chelsea went for "Drake's ducklings". Have you ever seen a duckling run? Big mistake!

b+w geezer

Al-Fayed

Ray Rock, generally agree with your marks but Chalobah 4/10? His only good game was being sent off in the 8th minute against Newcastle.

Andy S

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: LittleErn on February 02, 2024, 05:26:05 PM
Quote from: bog on February 02, 2024, 04:26:27 PMRoy Bentley, 9/10 Willian 9?10. Both getting on but both excellent for us.

Roy Bentley! A great centre forward for Chelsea, with 12 England caps. He converted to a very good Centre-half for us as he got older and slower using his experience and positional sense to great advantage. He captained Chelsea in their 1955 win of the old First Division. As I young naive lad I used to go to Stamford Bridge one week and The Cottage the next and, although Chelsea were successful, the football of Haynes, Jezzard, and Robson was far more exciting and forged my long term allegiance to the Whites. Ted Drake was the Chelsea manager in 1955 and to everyone's surprise he dismantled the champions winning side in favour of youth players. At the time MU and Busby's babes were playing some great football so Chelsea went for "Drake's ducklings". Have you ever seen a duckling run? Big mistake!

My father was Mayor of Fulham in the 1958/59 promotion season and as a supporter and young teenager I was priviledged to meet and mix with the team on several occasions. The quiet ones were Bobby Robson Beddy Jezzard (Manager) and Roy Bentley. Roy always seemed to be in the background and on the field after converting from a forward to Centre Half he always seemed to be able to cover positions effortlessly. He also played his part in bringing on young Alan Mullery .

gerrys

Snibbo

Willham

I really liked Jon Harley, sad to see him scored so low,

I'll always remember Chris kamala saying he'd just scored for Aston villa when we were playing them, little me was so confused thinking did he just score an own goal, then he explained it was a screamer from nearly the half way line and I was thinking how can you score an own goal like this 🤔 then the mistake was shown with a 1 - 0 graphic 🤣

ianthailand

Roy Bentley, Mr. Bog that's why i'm a Fulham supporter. I started supporting Chelsea, became Britain's first Brain Transplant Receipient, and subsequently Roy transferred to Fulham, August 1956, i was 8 years old. 67 years later, waiting for Godo, Stansfield etc.,

Twig

The Duffer and Willian. However I always thought Bjarne was underrated and so I'd put him up close to the top.