more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'It's completely our fault' - Willian

Started by Lighthouse, February 03, 2024, 05:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

From the BBC

Fulham midfielder Willian speaking to Premier League Productions: "Completely disappointed, we should win this game. It was completely our fault as well.

"The game was under control for 90 minutes, we should have taken the three points for sure. To concede two goals like we did is really disappointing."

On Rodrigo Muniz: "He got a little bit emotional, he was playing well. I'm really happy for him, he deserved his goal."

On what Marco Silva said to the team after the game: "He said he we need to improve in every aspect and situation."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

South Coast White

Well Silva is right with his comments.

Lighthouse

Silva needs to improve his tactics and timing of subs as well. He must take part of the blame.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ron

So according to Silva's own assessment, he only has two tasks left to do...

.....to improve in every aspect, and...
.......to improve in every situation..

So that shouldn't take long (?). We all wait in eager anticipation, because frankly this level of performance is simply unacceptable.

Twig

Marco Silva still has my full support but I have always been critical of his use of subs and nothing has changed. That suggests he is either stubborn or incapable of learning. Either way it's a bit worrying.

Sgt Fulham

I do wonder if Willian gets a bit disillusioned with us at times. He's used to being part of top teams. The contrast in mentality he must get at Fulham a lot of the time must be a bit jarring.

When we inevitably lose him in the next couple of years, I do worry.

filham

A true and honest comment by Willian.

Silva has a lot of work to do with this squad, the skill is there but bite and team a strong attitude are missing.

WindyCity

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 03, 2024, 06:01:15 PMI do wonder if Willian gets a bit disillusioned with us at times. He's used to being part of top teams. The contrast in mentality he must get at Fulham a lot of the time must be a bit jarring.  When we inevitably lose him in the next couple of years, I do worry.

Worry about what?  Who replaces him?  In next couple years he will likely be looking at retirement, he'll have a comfortable life after football, so need to worry about him......

ron

Quote from: WindyCity on February 03, 2024, 06:10:50 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 03, 2024, 06:01:15 PMI do wonder if Willian gets a bit disillusioned with us at times. He's used to being part of top teams. The contrast in mentality he must get at Fulham a lot of the time must be a bit jarring.  When we inevitably lose him in the next couple of years, I do worry.

Worry about what?  Who replaces him?  In next couple years he will likely be looking at retirement, he'll have a comfortable life after football, so need to worry about him......

I think the point is that we need to worry about what he leaves. Players like him have great focus on success from what they've had instilled in them at so- called larger clubs. Lesser players with a more 'that'll do' attitude weaken the overall effort that can be called on.

Super Mick

Our subs seem to cost us points on countless occasions and the defence seem to get a brain freeze in injury time.

Al-Fayed

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 03, 2024, 06:01:15 PMI do wonder if Willian gets a bit disillusioned with us at times. He's used to being part of top teams. The contrast in mentality he must get at Fulham a lot of the time must be a bit jarring.

I agree. With Palhinha he's a big cut above the rest. Will be very hard to replace such a top quality player.

hovewhite

TC's Sporran

thing what i cant understand is why drop the sides most creative player motm the game before?

a team that is there to be put to the sword like forest and west ham were.

and then the shoring up subs just didnt work.

WindyCity

Quote from: ron on February 03, 2024, 06:16:32 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on February 03, 2024, 06:10:50 PM
I think the point is that we need to worry about what he leaves. Players like him have great focus on success from what they've had instilled in them at so- called larger clubs. Lesser players with a more 'that'll do' attitude weaken the overall effort that can be called on.

Ok, good points.  Thx.  Understood.

bill taylors apprentice

Willian is right and while he probably saw the problem coming before it happened we do this time and time again.

Sure, we are only Fulham and as a smallish PL club we will fail to meet our expectations more often than not but today's 2nd half performance was pathetic. 

Unfortunately we lack the right kind of leaders on the pitch, Silva can only do so much once the games started.

Our big players, whoever you like to list do not have the ability to influence the game when keeping the ball and playing crafty is required.

Don't let the 2 mistakes fool you because while that may have been the only way this poor Burnley team was going to score but the 2nd half performance was clueless.

Today was not a "Liverpool or Man C" playing at a level we cannot cope with but a headless chicken performance  having found ourselves 2 up we couldn't kick on and we didn't understand what was required.

I've seen some rubbish in over 60 years of supporting but in a way this was as bad as anything.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 03, 2024, 07:54:31 PMWillian is right and while he probably saw the problem coming before it happened we do this time and time again.

Sure, we are only Fulham and as a smallish PL club we will fail to meet our expectations more often than not but today's 2nd half performance was pathetic. 

Unfortunately we lack the right kind of leaders on the pitch, Silva can only do so much once the games started.

Our big players, whoever you like to list do not have the ability to influence the game when keeping the ball and playing crafty is required.

Don't let the 2 mistakes fool you because while that may have been the only way this poor Burnley team was going to score but the 2nd half performance was clueless.

Today was not a "Liverpool or Man C" playing at a level we cannot cope with but a headless chicken performance  having found ourselves 2 up we couldn't kick on and we didn't understand what was required.

I've seen some rubbish in over 60 years of supporting but in a way this was as bad as anything.

and there is no guarantee that it will not happen again.
So there is plenty of homework and hard work needed to avoid a repetition of what took place today at Turf Moor.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

I think my favourite player in our current squad is Tom Cairney but I. do wonder at times whether we lack a strog on field captain, someone like Murphy or Mullery. Either of them would have sensed what was happening in the second half today and ruffled a few feathers before the rot set in.

Mr White

Quote from: Benhamdoun on February 03, 2024, 06:29:57 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 03, 2024, 06:01:15 PMI do wonder if Willian gets a bit disillusioned with us at times. He's used to being part of top teams. The contrast in mentality he must get at Fulham a lot of the time must be a bit jarring.

I agree. With Palhinha he's a big cut above the rest. Will be very hard to replace such a top quality player.

Well by the look on Palhinha's face and his reaction at the final whistle he won't be hanging around putting up with this crap.

Barrett487

Thailand Mick

Willian is correct but in my opinion he was part of the problem, someone mentioned we were coasting. They hardly got near our goal for seventy minutes yet in the second half how many times did we get two thirds of the way up the pitch only to pass back, in the first half especially down the right wing we attacked them. Look how noticeable it was after we conceded the equilizer we then go into attack mode again but too late.