watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP Barry John - The King

Started by Southcoastffc, February 04, 2024, 06:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Aged 79, the best rugby union fly half I have seen. A truly great sportsman. One who performed feats which your eyes couldn't believe.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Plodder

It is hard to convey what a talented fly half he was. He had beautiful balance while holding the ball in both hands, and used to glide across the pitch. Superb tactical and place kicking. His career was all too brief. He retired in his prime at 27, because he was uncomfortable with the fame and adulation.  Thank you for gracing rugby, Barry, and the great memories.

bog

I am not a fan of Rugby but Barry John made me watch a game when he was playing. I heard he retired from the game aged just 27 because of all the adulation. He just wanted to play Rugby. 

RIP Barry.   

sunburywhite

You know you are watching a truly great player when the world slows right down when the ball is in his hand

Barry John was one of those players, he seemed to have 50% more time and space to work his magic than any other player around him

RIP
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me