watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 07/02/24...

Started by WhiteJC, February 06, 2024, 11:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Newcastle and Fulham keen on signing €8m-rated 13-goal striker – Player 'almost certain' to leave in summer
Newcastle United and Fulham have 1. FC Nürnberg star Can Uzun on their agenda.

The Magpies were credited with an interest in the striker in the winter market but didn't go ahead with the deal.

Bild state Newcastle are still in the picture and are joined by Fulham in the chase for the 18-year-old.

The Turkey U18 international has starred for the second division German club this season, scoring 13 goals and registering three assists from 20 matches.

Inter Milan are added to the list as they are following the youngster's development and rise closely.

The Serie A side haven't yet made a concrete offer for Uzun, who may consider moving to Italy, where his compatriot and friend, Kenan Yıldız, is excelling at Juventus.

Inter have to be wary of Newcastle and Fulham 'in particular', as they are also looking at the frontman. Bild state that unlike the Italian club, the Premier League duo's interest 'should have concrete features', without providing any further explanation.

It's 'almost certain' Uzun will leave Nürnberg in the summer and a final decision on his future is expected to be made in March. Bild state he's currently valued at €8m.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/newcastle-fulham-keen-signing-e8m-rated-13-goal-striker-player-almost-certain-leave-summer/

WhiteJC

Avenall earns U21s PL Cup point at Burnley
Caelan Avenall scored an equaliser at Burnley to earn Fulham's under 21s a point as they finished finished top of Group G following an entertaining and even contest at the County Ground in Leyland last night.

The Clarets took the lead through a fine finish from new signing Tommy McDermott and could easily have rounded off their Cup campaign with a win as captain Will Hugill missed a great chance in stoppage time, firing into the side netting when well placed, but this performance will have given manager Andy Farrell plenty of confidence for the remainder of the season.

The hosts began brightly, inspired by an enterprising run from Hugill, and visiting goalkeeper Alfie McNally produced a superb stop to keep out Logan Pye's header. The home side took a deserved lead on 35 minutes when former Port Vale midfielder McDonald curled a sensational strike into the top corner that left McNally with no chance. Fulham's resilience was underlined just four minutes later as Avenall, allowed to play in this fixture due to the terms of his loan deal with Walton and Hersham, headed home a cross from Matt Dibley-Dias to level matters.

Fulham fashioned the first chance of the second half with Chris Casper palming away a fierce drive from Adrion Pajaziti before McNally denied the prominent McDermott with his feet. The point means the Whites finish top of the group with eleven points from six matches and progress into the last sixteen.

BURNLEY UNDER 21s (4-2-3-1): Casper; Healey-Byrne, Ashton (Ward 61), Grant, Pye; Hugill, McDermott; Poure-Siewe (Adekoya 86), Parker (Pimlott 45), Francis-Burrell (Torraj 45); Bevan. Subs (not used): Moss.

BOOKED: Hugill.

GOAL: McDermott (35).

FULHAM UNDER 21s (4-2-3-1): McNally; Tabares, Parkes (Slade 45), Avenall (D'Auria-Henry 61), Araujo; Okkas, Dibley-Dias (McCoy-Splatt 45); Olyott, Works, Pajaziti; Wingate (Ali-Wahid 75). Subs (not used): Borto.

BOOKED: Pajaziti, Tabares.

GOAL: Avenall (39).

REFEREE: Zac Kennard-Kettle.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/02/avenall-earns-u21s-pl-cup-point-at-burnley/

WhiteJC

Club 'will be first in line' to sign Fulham player in coming months – Already made attempts for him in January
After trying to sign Tosin Adarabioyo from Fulham in the January transfer window and failing, AC Milan are patiently waiting for the summer.

That's according to Gazzetta dello Sport, who have a look at the moves the Serie A side are likely to make in the summer, with centre-back a priority.

There are a number of players named, but they do spend a bit of time on the Fulham defender, whose contract at Craven Cottage expires in the summer.

That's why he's such an attractive prospect for Milan, as Gazzetta point out the 26-year-old old 'will be free to sign' with another club at any time from now onwards, and the Italians 'will be first in line'.

There had been a lot of speculation about Adarabioyo's future as early as last summer, with AS Monaco working to try and sign him, but the centre-back eventually stayed at Fulham, where he has made a space for himself in Marco Silva's plans.

He has yet to renew his contract, however, leaving the next few months rife for speculation about his next move, whether it be a stay at Craven Cottage or seeking out an adventure elsewhere, which is what Milan will be hoping for.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-will-first-line-sign-fulham-player-coming-months-already-made-attempts-january/

WhiteJC

16-G/A in 20 games this season: Newcastle, Fulham want highly-rated attacker
Newcastle United and Fulham are reportedly keen on improving their attacking options and they are keeping tabs on the FC Nurnberg striker Can Uzun as per BILD.

The 18-year-old Turkish striker has been in phenomenal form for the German club in the second division of the Bundesliga. He has scored 13 goals and picked up three assists in 20 matches across all competitions.

Uzun has the tools to develop into a top-class goalscorer in the coming seasons and the likes of Newcastle and Fulham could certainly use him.

Newcastle currently have Alexander Isak and Callum Wilson as their attacking options. However, Wilson's availability has been a concern because of his persistent injury problems. Newcastle must look to add more depth to their attack, and the 18-year-old Turkish striker could be the ideal to Isak.

At Fulham, Raul Jimenez has not been able to perform at a high level this season and the Londoners have struggled to score goals consistently. They need to bring in a reliable goalscorer and the 18-year-old would be a solid long long-term investment.

The opportunity to play in the Premier League will be an exciting prospect for the player and he will be attracted to the idea of joining clubs like Newcastle and Fulham. Both clubs would represent an excellent opportunity for the youngster and regular football in the Premier League could help him develop faster.

It will be interesting to see if the Premier League clubs can agree on a deal with the German club at the end of the season.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/02/06/16-g-a-in-20-games-this-season-newcastle-fulham-want-highly-rated-attacker/

WhiteJC

Leno (Exclusive): Fulham play well and don't reap the rewards: it happens all the time. And I should have done better with Assignon's cross
Fulham goalkeeper Bernd Leno spoke exclusively to Capital Football. The German star reflected on the bitter 2-2 draw at Turf Moor and admits he should have done better with Lorenz Assignon's floating cross which led to David Fofana pulling one back and the Cottagers ending up not winning the game at Burnley.

On why things unravelled after a dream start to the game: "I think we controlled the game. In the second half we lost control and then with the fans and all the stuff they had the momentum. Unfortunately they scored after another counter-attack the 2-2..."

Having led for so long and wasted good chances to make it 3-0 with Willian, Tosin and Muniz... does the draw feel like a defeat in the end? "It feels like a defeat. It feels like we lost two points because as I said for 70 minutes we controlled the game. It happened already many times that we played well but didn't reward ourselves. More was possible and we had to win that game in Burnley! We should have been more clever, more intelligent, score 2-3 goals and then that's finished..."

The first 15-20 mins of the second-half you could have put the game to bed. Burnley were retreating, gifting you lots of spaces and defending like rabbits in the headlights. Fulham clearly should have struck the iron while it was hot? "That was also our target. At half-time we said to ourselves to score another goal to kill and finish off the game but we didn't do. We all know how it is in the Premier League, especially away. When the opponent scores one goal, it's all the time like this. They still have 20-25 minutes to go, they keep pushing and all this stuff. We couldn't keep the ball out of the net and yeah it feels like a loss."

Should a goalkeeper of your quality have dealt better with Assignon's cross? "Yeah I think I should have done better. But 'guilty' is the wrong word, that's part of being a goalkeeper, part of my job and all this stuff. But I think I misjudged the ball a little bit. Maybe I was a little bit like, my position is a bit too much like a cutback, a low cross. And then with the wind the ball didn't stop in the air! I think I should have done better but as I said it's part of the job."

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/leno-exclusive-fulham-play-well-and-don-t-reap-the-rewards-it-happens-all-the-time-and-i-should

WhiteJC

Fulham boost as Tosin Adarabioyo avoids lay-off after injury scare
Defender came off last weekend but should be fit to face Bournemouth

Tosin Adarabioyo did not suffer a serious injury in Fulham's draw at Burnley last weekend, and the centre-back is set to be available for Saturday's home match against Bournemouth.

Adarabioyo appeared to limp off at the end of the game at Turf Moor holding his hamstring but Standard Sport understands he simply suffered a minor knock with no lasting damage.

The news will come as a relief to Fulham, who are already light at centre-back due to Issa Diop's hamstring injury and Calvin Bassey's participation at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Adarabioyo has been an important player for Fulham since returning in November following planned surgery on a lingering groin problem.

The 26-year-old is out of contract in the summer, with the Cottagers having tried once before to extend his deal and expected to once again offer him a contract with improved terms in the coming months. It remains to be seen whether he will sign it.

Meanwhile, AC Milan are exploring the possibility of signing him on a pre-contract deal, with Serie A rivals Napoli also interested.

Adarabioyo joined Fulham from Manchester City in 2020, and featured on Spurs' list of centre-back targets last summer. He was also the subject of a failed bid by Monaco in August.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-fc-tosin-adarabioyo-injury-bournemouth-b1137503.html

WhiteJC

Tosin set to face Bournemouth
Fulham centre back Tosin Adarabioyo only suffered a minor knock at Burnley on Saturday and should be available to face Bournemouth this weekend, according to the Evening Standard.

The news is a major boost for the Whites, who feared that the ball playing centre half had injured his hamstring like fellow defender Issa Diop and would leave Marco Silva with only one fully fit central defender. Adarabioyo struggled in the latter of stages of a frustrating afternoon at Turf Moor last weekend as Marco Silva's side let a two-goal lead slip in stoppage time – visibly unable to move freely and limping off worryingly at the end.

But the Standard suggests that the former Manchester City defender has been assessed by the club's medical staff and will be able to take on the Cherries at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/02/tosin-set-to-face-bournemouth/

WhiteJC

Leno: 'I should have done better'
Bernd Leno has admitted he should have dealt better with the Burnley cross that sparked the Clarets' stunning comeback from 2-0 down to earn a precious point against Fulham on Saturday.

The German international came off his line to try and claim Lorenz Assignon's cross but missed it entirely allowing substitute David Datro Fofano to head into an unguarded goal. He was beaten again by the Chelsea loanee in the second minute of stoppage time as Burnley cancelled out first half strikes from Joao Palhinha and Rodrigo Muniz.

Leno told Capital Football:

"Yeah I think I should have done better. But 'guilty' is the wrong word, that's part of being a goalkeeper, part of my job and all this stuff. But I think I misjudged the ball a little bit. Maybe I was a little bit like, my position is a bit too much like a cutback, a low cross. And then with the wind the ball didn't stop in the air! I think I should have done better but as I said it's part of the job."

The German goalkeeper also shared his frustration at Fulham being unable to earn the rewards for playing well.

"It feels like a defeat. It feels like we lost two points because as I said for 70 minutes we controlled the game. It happened already many times [this season] that we played well but didn't reward ourselves. More was possible and we had to win that game in Burnley! We should have been more clever, more intelligent, score two to three goals and then that's finished. We all know how it is in the Premier League, especially away. When the opponent scores one goal, it's all the time like this. They still have 20-25 minutes to go, they keep pushing and all this stuff. We couldn't keep the ball out of the net and yeah it feels like a loss."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/02/leno-i-should-have-done-better/

WhiteJC

Fulham, Newcastle United interested in Can Uzun

Fulham and Newcastle United are reportedly among the clubs interested in signing 18-year-old FC Nurnberg attacking sensation Can Uzun.
According to a report by German outlet BILD, Can Uzun is gaining popularity in the transfer market. Clubs from Italy and Germany are keen on signing the 18-year-old attacking sensation. In addition, Fulham and Newcastle United are interested in signing him from FC Nurnberg.

Who is Can Uzun?
Can Uzun has established himself as one of the best young attacking prospects in the world. A native of Regensburg, the German-born Turkish youth international began his youth career. But he has risen in prominence at FC Nurnberg, joining the 2. Bundesliga club in 2019 before rising through the ranks.

The 18-year-old made his first-team debut for FC Nurnberg towards the end of the 2022/23 season. Since then, he has come leaps and bounds, growing in stature in the senior squad this term. Uzun has contributed to 16 goals in 20 outings thus far, finding the back of the net 13 times while providing three assists.

Meanwhile, the youngster's progress has not gone unnoticed, capturing the attention of several clubs in England, Italy, and Germany. Reports last year linked Can Uzun with Everton, while he is also a target for Inter Milan. The latest update has revealed that Fulham and Newcastle United are keen on signing him.

Newcastle United, Fulham Interested in Can Uzun
Newcastle United are reportedly in the market for a young striker who can replace Callum Wilson while competing with Alexander Isak to be the first-choice centre-forward. The Magpies were recently interested in Victor Orakpo but will not secure his services. But Uzun has emerged as a viable target for the Tyneside club.

Fulham will also enter the market for a young striker in the summer if Armando Broja does not complete a permanent move. The 22-year-old joined the West London club from Chelsea on loan on Deadline Day of the winter transfer window. But the Cottagers are keeping their options open if Broja's stay at Craven Cottage ends in the summer.

Can Uzun has thus emerged as a viable target for Fulham, who will compete with Newcastle United and other well-known clubs for his signature. It will be interesting to see if the 18-year-old German-born attacker moves abroad this summer.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2024/02/06/fulham-newcastle-united-interested-in-can-uzun/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham Star's Injury Shakes Up Team Plans

Raul Jimenez's Injury: A Significant Setback for Fulham
Impact of Jimenez's Absence on Fulham's Attack

Fulham's attacking dynamics received a major setback, as reported by the Evening Standard, with Raul Jimenez being sidelined for a considerable period. "Raul Jimenez will be out for at least a month after scans revealed the extent of the Fulham striker's hamstring injury sustained against Everton last week." This development is not just a blow to the team's immediate plans but also raises questions about their offensive strategy in the coming games.

Broja's Opportunity to Shine
In light of Jimenez's absence, the spotlight turns to Armando Broja, the Chelsea loanee. While not a direct replacement for Jimenez, Broja's potential involvement could mark a significant shift in Fulham's attacking tactics. The young striker, who made his debut from the bench against Burnley, now has a golden opportunity to establish himself as a key player for Fulham.

Evaluating Fulham's Forward Options
With Jimenez sidelined, Fulham's options upfront are somewhat limited. Rodrigo Muniz, who scored his first Premier League goal in Jimenez's absence, shows promise. However, the Evening Standard highlights a crucial point: "Fulham are assessing Jimenez week-by-week as they set out a timeframe for his return and the worst case scenario would see him miss six league matches, including Bournemouth's visit to Craven Cottage on Saturday." This period could be crucial for Fulham's season, and how they adapt will be interesting to observe.

Silva's Challenge and Fulham's Adaptability
Marco Silva, Fulham's manager, faces a challenging period ahead. As he noted, "It is not something that is going to be quick [to recover from]." Silva's tactical acumen will be tested as he navigates through this period without one of his key players. His decision-making in the coming weeks, particularly in utilising Broja and Muniz, will be pivotal in maintaining Fulham's competitive edge.

https://eplindex.com/104156/report-fulham-stars-injury-shakes-up-team-plans.html

WhiteJC

New signing Xavier Benjamin sets out Dunfermline goals after revealing his learning curve at Fulham
The on-loan Cardiff City defender hopes move north 'brings a lot of joy'

Xavier Benjamin went from boy to man during nearly a decade at Fulham – and now hopes he can mature on the pitch with Dunfermline.
The Cardiff City defender joined the Pars on loan on transfer deadline day last Thursday, just 15 minutes before the signing cut-off.

Only a few hours later, he was leaving his house shortly before 4 am to catch an early morning flight from Bristol to Edinburgh to start the next chapter in his career.

The 20-year-old then went straight to training with his new team-mates in Dunfermline later that morning and on Saturday made an instant debut for the Fifers.

It was a difficult first taste of Scottish football for Benjamin, who was part of a defence ripped apart ruthlessly by Morton in a 5-0 hammering.

But the centre-half, who was Cardiff's academy player of the year last season, remains determined to ensure his move north is a success.

He said: "It came about late on Thursday. I went into training at Cardiff and I didn't know anything about this move.

"My [academy] gaffer Darren Purse told me about it and I just wanted to go because I need the experience in the next level of my career.

"I left my house at 3:45 in the morning, got the plane from Bristol to Edinburgh and then it was straight to training.

"It was crazy – packing, travelling. Cardiff is a long, long way away but I'm grateful to be here, grateful for the opportunity. I just need to go and show what I can do."

'I really grew up there'
Benjamin joined Fulham at the age of nine and stayed there until departing to join Cardiff almost two years ago.

He will always look back at a formative stage in his life, never mind his career, with fondness.

He added: "Fulham, that's where I changed from a boy into a man. I was there from when I was nine until I was eighteen.

"I really grew up there, into a man, and I grew in what was really a family to me – the coaching staff and the players.

"I'll always have love for them and what they have done, how I developed as a player.

"Last season, I went back just to see a few faces, which shows how much love I have for them.

"Fulham was a great club for me all the way through from nines to (under-)18s. They helped me get where I am today.

"I trained once with the first-team at Fulham and the intensity was crazy, sky high."

It may have been a whirlwind move, but Benjamin says he quickly did some 'research' into Scottish football and Dunfermline before heading north.

Having Cardiff colleague Malachi Fagan-Walcott already at East End Park was also a comfort.

'I'm very passionate'
But the centre-half insists the opportunity to build his top-team experience and enhance his career was the major attraction.

He explained: "It is a big thing for me in my career. I am 20 years old, I played last season when I was 19 in the under-21s and I feel that I can push on now.

"I'd love to get better each year and I hope the Scottish Championship brings a lot of joy, wins and happiness to develop my game.

"One thing about me is that I'm very passionate, if I care about something I am very passionate and put my all into it. I like to lead by example.

"I always try to get that one per cent better each day; each game, each training session, every time I'm on the field."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4888378/xavier-benjamin-dunfermline-fc-fulham-cardiff-city/