West Ham   
0-6
   Arsenal
Villa   
1-2
   Man Utd

WhiteJC

Man of the Match Result: Bournemouth
After a stunning Craven Cottage display, you've voted Rodrigo Muniz as your Man of the Match from our 3-1 win over Bournemouth on Saturday afternoon.

Rodrigo followed up his first ever Premier League goal last week against Burnley with a double the following week against the South Coast outfit.

His first came after Bobby De Cordova-Reid headed the ball across to the Brazilian striker from a Willian cross, just for Rodrigo to lift the ball up over Neto who couldn't deal with it.

His second came at a crucial time for Fulham, when Bournemouth were able to snatch a goal back early into the second-half, only for Rodrigo to volley home another cross from Willian just two minutes later.

Marco Silva also offered praise to Rodrigo in his post-match press conference, saying: "The performance this afternoon was probably his best so far in a Fulham shirt. He deserves it, he's been working really hard."

It was a convincing win for Rodrigo, who collected a staggering 60.5% of the votes, with Willian and Tim Ream also achieving a respectable 17.1% and 11.5% of the votes respectively.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/february/11/Man-of-the-Match-Result-Bournemouth/

WhiteJC

Feeling Fulham player is having 'final hours' at the club – Could be planning a return home
With Fulham manager Marco Silva confirming Raul Jimenez's latest injury, the Mexican media now sounds very pessimistic about it.

The Whites' boss claimed that the striker should be out for at least a month, and the coverage in the player's home country makes it sound even worse.

As outlet SDP Noticias covers the news, they wonder whether Jimenez is living his 'final hours in the Premier League'.

The outlet writes that Fulham are well served in their attack, as they recently signed Armando Broja, and since they 'expect a lot' from their newest signing, that could be the end of the Mexican.

It's said Jimenez could now be thinking about 'ending his adventure in Europe, or at least in the Premier League', to go somewhere else. Even a return to Mexico is mentioned.

A potential return to his home country has indeed been a local rumour for a while, especially last summer. Still, since agreeing to join Fulham, he had five goals in 24 appearances, and it really doesn't look like he's that close to a farewell, as least not because of this normal injury.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/feeling-fulham-player-final-hours-club-planning-return-home/

WhiteJC

Pundit Shearer praises Fulham's Muniz after striker 'really upset' Cherries defence
MATCH of the Day pundit Alan Shearer heaped praise on Fulham striker Rodrigo Muniz, saying that he "really upset the Bournemouth defenders in every way" during Cherries' 3-1 loss away in the capital.

Muniz was a threat throughout, his play leading to Fulham's opener scored by Bobby De Cordova-Reid on five minutes.

The 22-year-old went on to grab a brace himself, doubling Fulham's lead in the first period before restoring it in the second after Marcos Senesi had briefly halved arrears.

Speaking on the BBC's flagship highlight show, Shearer started: "He really was a handful.

"Tough to play against, horrible to play against in fact.

"And that always is a good thing for a centre forward, that's what you have to be.

"I mean he was strong, he ran the channels.

"He brought players into the game and he really upset the Bournemouth defenders in every way.

"Everything that he was doing said he was willing to run and beat in behind.

"One of the occasions that he does that, they get their first goal because of that.

"It's a very good finish, but that doesn't happen unless he does the running into the corners. They got balls into the box for him.

Discussing Muniz's first goal, Shearer lamented Cherries' defending.

He continued: "I mean that's terrible defending, but he is first to react. He understood the situation, he got there first.

"Again, I said about him being about the defenders and barging defenders out of the way.

"I really enjoyed his performance today and that's what you have to do.

"I mean, we haven't seen enough of him because he's been out on loan or injury or whatever.

"But he's got a real opportunity now to stake a claim and stay in there."

Shearer also commented on Muniz's run for his second strike, the Brazilian peeling off the back of Senesi to arrive unmarked at the back post.

Compatriot Willian picked out the striker for an easy finish that effectively sealed the result for Fulham.

"I mean, it's really good movement here, look where he's looking.

"He knows exactly what he wants so that he's just relying on the quality ball now.

"Can they deliver that? And Willian certainly did, he got his second goal and deserved it."

Fulham rose above Cherries with the three points, the Cottagers now 12th in the Premier League table.

However, Cherries in 13th place do enjoy a game in hand over Fulham.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pundit-shearer-praises-fulhams-muniz-130000390.html

WhiteJC

Positives and negatives: Fulham 3-1 AFC Bournemouth

At long last, Fulham have finally gotten the better of Bournemouth for the first time since 2019 and as Cam pens another rosy write-up, we can say that the prize at the end of the rainbow was indeed 3 precious, precious points. Who needs a pot o' gold when the Whites are back in the goals?

Positives

Brazilian braced for action

I am going to eat my words with a whopping slice of humble pie here. Much has been said about Rodrigo Muniz since he joined the Whites in 2021, I've been less than supportive of him and I think past criticisms were justified, but this version of the dancing Brazilian is promising and now he's netted three goals in two starts, I feel I am almost dutybound to get behind him for the remainder of the season, and beyond.

Clearly, the love and support Marco Silva and his coaching staff have pledged to Muniz is paying off in an extremely good way. This is a striker that has seriously knuckled down, he is working on himself both on and off the pitch and he was too hot to handle up top for the Whites on matchday 24.

He played a major part in our first of the afternoon, his runs have evolved from linear to multi-dimensional and as he screeched past Bournemouth's defenders with a diagonal burst, he tamed possession and set the cat amongst the pigeons with a low drove across the box, and that is where we made the most of the Cherries' sloppiness.

At Burnley, the 22-year-old's hold-up play was sturdy and it was no different at home. Marcos Senesi and Lloyd Kelly were occupied relentlessly by Rodrigo, he climbed for every aerial duel that came his way, he flicked play on and chested it down with a motive and in the danger area, praying on sudden defensive lapses, he smelt blood and went for the throat.

His first goal was prodded past Neto with a poacher's instinct and his second was diverted by his own design. I particularly admire his confidence as he secured his brace, he held his hand aloft at the back post to attract Willian's attention, he peeled off without a trace and he stuck it away with cold conviction. Chef's kiss. Nevertheless, both were proper striker's finishes, he did everything that was expected of him in the areas he dropped into and hopefully, this will be the catalyst for much, much more from him in front of the target.

Armando Broja has his work cut out if he's going to oust Rodrigo from the starting XI. With Carlos Vinicius out of the picture and Raul Jimenez nursing injury, he now has space to grow and room to breathe, he may still be a little rough around the edges but he has shown that there's a very useful hitman within him, and if he can unlock that potential for good, he will become a firm favourite in Fulham colours for years to come. That, needless to say, is precisely what we all want for him.

Elder statemen stand out

We may have one of, if not the oldest average squad age in the league but having a wealth of experience and knowhow at our disposal isn't a weakness. Three elder statesmen in our ranks were counted for and their efforts stood out, not one of them is over the hill and neither of them were killed off by Bournemouth's youthful exuberance and these old dogs of our, Tim Ream, Tom Cairney and Willian, are still learning new tricks.

Alongside Issa Diop, Ream was assertive and he held Dominic Solanke on an extremely tight leash. He didn't give the goal-happy striker an inch and when he had to get up close and personal, he was an unshakable space invader. At 36 and out of regular match practice due to injury and indeed Calvin Bassey, many doubted that the USMNT defender could still call the shots in the Premier League but he was well on top on Saturday, and it was his cunning interception that sparked the move for Bobby Decordova-Reid's smart opener. A few weeks back I said that I'd be more than happy if Tim came back into the fold and he didn't do himself a disservice, in fact, he's still as dependable as ever.

Centrally, just ahead of Ream, Cairney demanded possession, it had to pass through his discretion before it was dispatched elsewhere and I know he isn't as senior as others in the camp but at 33, he's meant to be entering his twilight years but he's showing no signs of slowing down. Progressive midfielders of his nature tend to tail off at the career stage Tom's currently at but he was magnificent, he wasn't left behind within a frantic midfield third, he was the one that led the way and I cannot begin to tell you just how much I adore that silky first touch of his. It belongs to be here, in the glamour of SW6 and top-flight football and even with a bloodied and bruised nose, he was still a smouldering ten out of then performer.

And then, we have Willian Borges da Silva. Involved in two of Fulham's three goals on the day, Willian's effect on proceedings was apparent from the start, right up until he was replaced by Adama Traore in the 85th minute. Another true master of his craft, the 35-year-old Brazilian manipulated Bournemouth's formation with his incisive, shape-splitting movement, his ability to shift the ball from one foot to the other makes him a nightmare for fullbacks to mark and Adam Smith found that out the hard way. With his head up, he launched two superb crosses into the mixer, one in each half and on both occasions, the Whites capitalised. Tried and tested expertise in motion, and when his sidestep really springs into life, he's a genuine menace.

There's no way these three are finished. They're all familiar with the everchanging trends of modern football and most importantly, they all know their personal worth in Silva's system. This is a trio that were really at it against the Cherries, a stalwart on a mission to protect, a skipper that set the midfield standard and former Selecao maestro with timeless vision. Never write them off.

Castagne's 100% commitment

A lot of praise has been heaped on Antonee Robinson is recent weeks, and rightly so, but what of Timothy Castagne? Our summer signing's managed to keep Kenny Tete out of contention, which is no easy feat, and his defensive alertness, as well as his offensive supportiveness, was crucial to Fulham's stability along the right and at one key phase in the second half, his sharpness spared blushes at the back.

The Cherries thrust play forward, they were marginally ahead in a fast-paced footrace and as Bernd Leno charged out of his penalty area, narrowly missing both man and ball before it was all too late, the visitors could've found themselves with an open net to hit but Castagne didn't stand by and watch on with a digit up a nostril. The Belgian sensed serious danger and as any decent defender should, he got himself goal side and stamped it out, no nonsense, no excuses and it was greeted by the fans with amplified appreciation.

There's rarely a game where Timmy doesn't give 100%, actually. He may not be as defensively sound as Tete in certain areas but he's a willing competitor that trusts himself, he's fallible every so often but his commitment has always been honest and against Luis Sinisterra, a winger that's tough to track and pin down, he stuck to his guns to suppress the Colombia international and his overall input didn't go unnoticed.

Welcome back, Adama!

We've only caught slight glimpses of Traore this season – his last outing in black and white was at Villa Park, mid-November! – and with just five minutes of scheduled time remaining on Saturday, he finally, finally returned to action. This, for obvious squad depth reasons, is enormously important. I'd almost forgotten entirely about Traore, and a player of his frightening power and stature should never be peripheral.

He wasn't on the pitch long enough to really have an impact of any sort, but the sight of him alone was enough to rouse the crowd and as it always has been for the bulging Spaniard, having him ready and available for selection is highly advantageous. The problem is, can he actually stay fit? A team with Adama in it is far stronger, literally, than a team that doesn't and while he isn't a fine-tuned finisher or an elusive secret wing weapon, his impact is ballistic, his presence is intimidating and when we need that extra burst of risk and reward, we can always rely on Johnson and Johnson's beefed up spokesman.

Rapid response squad

Throughout the second half, Bournemouth were searching for a route back into the game and after mounting endless pressure at set-pieces and corners, they eventually found it through Senesi. With a precarious single-goal lead, the Whites had to react as quickly as possible if they were going to stem the visitors' flow and almost instantaneously, our rapid response crushed the Cherries' enthusiasm.

Though it wasn't always smooth sailing heading into the latter stages, restoring our two-goal lead in the manner of which we did was a massive show of intent, we weren't to submit as we did at Turf Moor just a week ago and there's nothing more satisfying than silencing an away following within a matter of moments of the restart.

There were warning signs from Bournemouth. Andoni Iraola's side knocked it about well, they were a constant threat in the air but there was no such thing as an unceremonious caving in from Silva's men. If they'd have laced up their shooting boots they'd probably have salvaged a point but they weren't banking on Fulham's quickfire reply and against a side that always, always causes us issues, the Whites' staunch show of backbone as the visitors forged a short-lived foothold couldn't have been timed any better.

Negatives

No real complaints here

As above, I've nothing really to moan about so I guess I'll open the floor for suggestions. If you've anything to add, help yourself because I haven't got the energy to reach!

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2024-02-11-positives-and-negatives-fulham-3-1-afc-bournemouth/

WhiteJC

Fulham have a dilemma over 'pay-as-you-DON'T-play' deal for Chelsea loanee Armando Broja... but will be thrilled with Brazilian striker Rodrigo Muniz hitting some scoring form

Fulham will not have to pay the full £4m fee if Broja starts 60 per cent of games
    Brazilian striker Rodrigo Muniz signed for Fulham from Flamengo in 2021

On the one hand, Fulham are thrilled Rodrigo Muniz is suddenly scoring. On the other, they face a dilemma over what to do with Armando Broja, the striker who joined on loan from Chelsea on deadline day.

Fulham's agreement with Chelsea is unusual in that the more matches Broja starts, the less he will cost.

Fulham are covering his wages whatever happens but Mail Sport understands they will not have to pay the full £4million fee if the Albanian, 22, starts 60 per cent of their games - a threshold which can only be met if he lines up in nine of their remaining 14 Premier League fixtures, after starting this win over Bournemouth on the bench.

Described as a 'pay-as-you-don't-play' deal, Chelsea agreed to this abnormal set-up because they want Broja playing and scoring, so they can get close to their £50m valuation if they sell him in the summer. As a homegrown asset, he would represent pure profit. Yet Muniz, 22, is complicating this masterplan.

The Brazilian, who signed for Fulham from Flamengo in 2021 and spent last season on loan at Middlesbrough, had never scored in the Premier League.

Armando Broja joined Fulham from west London rivals Chelsea on a loan on deadline day

The striker wasn't getting many minutes at Chelsea and struggled to string together strong performances

Rodrigo Muniz seems to have hit some form just in time for Fulham, scoring three in a week

Since Broja's signing, though, he has helped himself to three goals in a week.

Not to mention the part he played in setting up Bobby De Cordova-Reid's opener inside six minutes here. Muniz is making it difficult for Marco Silva to drop him with Aston Villa to follow at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

Fulham's manager claimed he does not know the details of Broja's deal and insisted he will pick his team based on performances. If that is the case, Muniz should start against Villa.

'I had a conversation with him (Broja) about the situation,' said Silva about the Chelsea loanee being a substitute for a second successive week. 'We believe in him. He knows that when you are in the Premier League, there is competition for places.

'He arrived a day before the Burnley game (on February 3). The striker who played (Muniz) scored an important goal. It doesn't matter if he is on a contract or if he is on loan.

'Football players are not stupid. They can understand decisions. One way to deal with the situation is to work hard and show they are better than the other.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13072209/Fulham-dilemma-pay-play-deal-Chelsea-loanee-Armando-Broja-thrilled-Brazilian-striker-Rodrigo-Muniz-hitting-scoring-form.html

WhiteJC

"I had a conversation with him" – Chelsea loan already causing worry with lack of minutes
We wrote on Saturday how disappointed we were to see Armando Broja on the bench for Fulham's second consecutive game since he moved there on loan in order to play more often, and the issue has already been addressed by Marco Silva.

Not only has Broja been benched, the man playing instead of him – the man he was meant to replace – has been scoring suddenly. There's no prospect of him losing his place anytime soon, and Broja is going to have to put up with being a sub for now – just as he was at Chelsea.

"I had a conversation with him about the situation. We believe in him. He knows that when you are in the Premier League, there is competition for places.

He arrived a day before the Burnley game. The striker who played scored an important goal. It doesn't matter if he is on a contract or if he is on loan," the Fulham coach said.

What SIlva is making clear is that he will pick on form, his job is not to keep Chelsea or Broja happy. And so as long as Brazilian Muniz is scoring, Broja's going to have to be patient.

He can certainly put pressure on with good sub appearances, but it's going to be an uphill battle.

https://chelsea.news/2024/02/i-had-a-conversation-with-him-chelsea-loan-already-causing-worry-with-lack-of-minutes/

WhiteJC

AFCON 2023: This Rubbish Will Not Be Tolerated – Okocha's Daughter Warns Nigerians Over Alex Iwobi's Performance
Daniella Okocha, the daughter of Nigeria football legend, Jay-Jay Okocha, has warned Nigerians against social media attacks on her page following the outcome of the AFCON 2023 final.

Naija News reports that the Super Eagles lost the AFCON final 2-1 to the Elephants of Ivory Coast in a pulsating game on Sunday night in Abidjan.

While some Nigerians applauded the team for their outstanding performance, others felt angry, claiming they lost chances of scoring goals and underplayed the tactics of the Ivory Coast.

Also, many Nigerians expressed displeasure with Alex Iwobi's performance, saying it was a complete waste of slot.

However, some angry netizens stormed Danniella's Instagram page, expressing their discontent over her father's choice of Iwobi to join the players in the AFCON final.

Reacting to the comments, Daniella declared that she would not tolerate such attacks on her page and would block anyone making such posts.

She wrote, "This rubbish will not be tolerated on my page. You will be blocked. Thanks"

Why Super Eagles Lost The Trophy To Ivory Coast

Meanwhile, Daniel Bwala, a former aide to the 2023 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has said the Super Eagles lost the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) final to Cote d'Ivoire due to wrong tactics.

In a post via his official X handle on Sunday night, Bwala said the Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro, made the Nigerian team lose the trophy when he changed his tactics against the Ivory Coast side.

Bwala asserted that Peseiro should have stuck to his tactics -flow football and attack instead of defending throughout the match.

He, however, commended the team for an outstanding performance throughout the tournament.

https://www.naijanews.com/2024/02/12/afcon-2023-this-rubbish-will-not-be-tolerated-okochas-daughter-warns-nigerians-over-alex-iwobis-performance/