watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK I may owe AJ an apology

Started by leonffc, January 23, 2011, 04:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

Not me! I have always had faith. Whats impressive is that he seems to have developed and adapted. He is still fast, but thats not his only weapon.

HatterDon

those of you  :dead horse: yourselves should give yourselves a break. Most of us had to figure that AJ would score a goal and make a nice assist sometime before he left us. What NONE OF US had any fair reason to suspect was the Our Late President would have so much quickness and agility at his age and with his injury record.

I was never one of the slaggers, but I was amazed [and very pleased] at what I saw v. Stoke.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LRCN

Quote from: HatterDon on January 24, 2011, 05:42:21 AM
those of you  :dead horse: yourselves should give yourselves a break. Most of us had to figure that AJ would score a goal and make a nice assist sometime before he left us. What NONE OF US had any fair reason to suspect was the Our Late President would have so much quickness and agility at his age and with his injury record.

I was never one of the slaggers, but I was amazed [and very pleased] at what I saw v. Stoke.

yeah, i'm a johnson supporter and i think he's quality but as good as he was against stoke, doesn't mean that he'll consistently play to that level. lets hope he bangs in a few before the end of the season

The Equalizer

The jury is still out for me, but he did have a very good game. I turned around to Airfix after AJ's second half chance on goal and said to him "I believe that's the first time I've seen Andy Johnson play brilliant football in a Fulham shirt..".

Good luck to him. There's still more convincing to do to win me over, but he's on the right path.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tom

Let's just all hope AJ can continue his great run of play.
Fulham for life!

TonyGilroy

Mark Hughes said that he'd need time to get back to proper match sharpness.

We (and I mean we, me included,) all knew better. After a game or two it was clear that his pace and bottle was gone (if indeed he'd ever had any) and he was a waste of space.

Perhaps our instant opinions are worth less than we think they are and if the club has a competent manager we should let him get on with it and appreciate that success takes time and there are no instant solutions.

On the other hand what would we talk about.

FC Silver Fox

Cut me a slice of that humble pie too, lads. Now we're beginning to see why we paid all that dosh for him. I think Hughes is behind this sharpness and goal sense. He had it and knows how to communicate it. 
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.