watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK I may owe AJ an apology

Started by leonffc, January 23, 2011, 04:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

OK OK I've never been AJ's greatest fan (apart from when he won me money up at Sheff wed in the cup a couple of years back).
I thought he'd lost his pace, couldnt beat a player in a one on one situation and left us with no one in the box when he ran into the channels. Oh and he misses to many one on ones with the keeper.

But yesterday he was superb and it was like having a new signing. He gives us something extra that we have been missing.
I still prefer the BZ / Dembele partnership in time but for now welcome back AJ, well played fella

:54:

FatFreddysCat

Looks like i might be eating my words as well, i hope so.

VicHalomsLovechild

To be fair Leon he was as you said. Yesterday however he seemed to have found his roll and seemed to enjoy his afternoon!

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 23, 2011, 04:37:40 PM
I would need to be in line as well.
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

Quote from: Tom on January 23, 2011, 04:38:43 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 23, 2011, 04:37:40 PM
I would need to be in line as well.

And me. Stand by what I said at the time though, but yep yesterday one of his best games in white.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Burt

Agree - loved it when he skinned Shawcross to get the cross in for Dempsey's first goal.

Quality.

And he was really unlucky not to be on the scoresheet. With more luck he could have had one or two.

LordNelson

I may need a piece of that Crow pudding as well.  I'll gladly down it with some Tabasco to boot if he's back in true form.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Hazey

He was definitely half a yard quicker yesterday and it was awesome seeing him just run around Shawcross to put the cross in the Demps.

While his attitude has never been in question, yesterday with his extra bit of toe he was able to get a couple of metres closer when shutting blokes down, which in turn increased the pressure and casued a few turnovers.

We need him to perform like this for the rest of the season.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

MJG

Ok, he's played well in the last couple of games and shown some pace...but(and you knew there would one) stokes back four was pretty poor, they looked and played like an old 2nd division defence from the late 70's, I have seen oil tankers turn quicker than some of them.
Yesterday was good but we have seen AJ on and off since he joined and let's be honest he still has a lot to prove that transfer fee was money well spent.

jarv

The important thing here is that mark Hughes decision when to put AJ and Dembele back on the field was not taken lightly. They have probably both been performing like that in training for 2 or 3 weeks. Hence his silence about signing a striker. He must be comfortable in the knowledge that Fulham have some quality with BZ to come back also.

A few more performances like that, definitely looking mid-table.

White Noise

Sparky did mention at the end of the post match press conference that they had been storing AJ's pace in the same cupboard as Murphy's legs. Something about a missing key?

Ag

I don't think anyone owes an apology until he either puts some balls in the net or consistantly creates space and assists on more goals like he did Saturday.  The last 2 games are a good start, but keeping in mind they were against Wigan and Stoke.  Hopefully he can continue this form he's found.

mrska

Aj and Duff were back to there best yesterday...  just hoping it wasnt a 1 off...  no reason why it should be! :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Dugliss

I mentioned at work this week how AJ  was looking sharper than he's ever looked for us and then yesterday I thought he was outstanding. My apologies little man

White Noise

Quote from: Dugliss on January 23, 2011, 08:48:46 PM
I mentioned at work this week how AJ  was looking sharper than he's ever looked for us and then yesterday I thought he was outstanding. My apologies little man

Don't let yourself get dragged down to his level!! :005:

SouthfieldWhite

Glad for AJ as he seems a decent bloke, at one of the end of season player awards(one i missed) AJ and a fan were trying to outbid each other at the charity auction for a round of golf with Jimmy Bullard, when the price went over 2 grand, the fan pulled out leaving AJ with the prize, although 2 grand out of pocket, AJ then went up to the fan and said he could play Jimmy anytime and was giving the prize to the fan

Not many would of done that

White Noise

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 23, 2011, 08:54:50 PM
Glad for AJ as he seems a decent bloke, at one of the end of season player awards(one i missed) AJ and a fan were trying to outbid each other at the charity auction for a round of golf with Jimmy Bullard, when the price went over 2 grand, the fan pulled out leaving AJ with the prize, although 2 grand out of pocket, AJ then went up to the fan and said he could play Jimmy anytime and was giving the prize to the fan

I think there are a few on here who would pay £2k not to have to spend a few hours listening to Bullard on his golf game. :dft011:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: White Noise on January 23, 2011, 08:59:49 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 23, 2011, 08:54:50 PM

I think there are a few on here who would pay £2k not to have to spend a few hours listening to Bullard on his golf game. :dft011:
Not a Bullard fan now, but many on here met him at Motspur park (including Shady, LB, Chez , Otter, Gadders and a few others) and to be fair to him he went out of his way to do his bit, unlike konch who had the sniffles and couldn't wait to get out of there,

RidgeRider

Quote from: Burt on January 23, 2011, 05:48:02 PM
Agree - loved it when he skinned Shawcross to get the cross in for Dempsey's first goal.

Quality.

And he was really unlucky not to be on the scoresheet. With more luck he could have had one or two.

Agreed. Just watching the match right now and saw the first Dempsey goal and it was totally setup by a burst by AJ to get around the defender and then nicely crossed into the box. Fairly easy goal for Clint who just had to get in front of the defender and time it just right. Class. His pace is coming back.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Well, to be fair he was a bit of a fall-down -special one, with no heart .....................but the embers of a striker have started to glow in recent games ..............and I was sooooooo sure he would score at WHL I bet some of my
treble - taxed English pounds on the little herbert ...............
and I was dead right when I said if he was any kind of striker he should have crafted a way to deal with high  balls
he was in football for at least 20 years and was always little little so he should be able to deal
with the long ball .........................................
Jezzzzzzzzzz   did you see him take down that ball yesterday  it was a thing of beauty   shame he didn't score though