more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Southern Rail problems for Villa game

Started by Southcoastffc, February 16, 2024, 04:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Useless so and so's

We're getting in touch to let you know planned engineering work is taking place this weekend between Three Bridges and Brighton and Three Bridges and Lewes. This will[ affect trains on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 February and again the following weekend, Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 February.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

alfie

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 16, 2024, 04:45:37 PMUseless so and so's

We're getting in touch to let you know planned engineering work is taking place this weekend between Three Bridges and Brighton and Three Bridges and Lewes. This will[ affect trains on Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 February and again the following weekend, Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 February.
Why are they useless? Engineering work has to be done and weekends are the best time to do it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Southcoastffc

Quote from: alfie on February 16, 2024, 04:52:47 PM

Why are they useless? Engineering work has to be done and weekends are the best time to do it.
I guess you don't use that part of Southern Region Alfie.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

alfie

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 16, 2024, 06:23:54 PM

Absolutely correct, but when else can they do works that are paramount to safety.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Southcoastffc

I do, of course, understand the safety thing but southern region have an awful, awful, awful record of inability to run a halfway decent service.

Whitestone

Quote from: alfie on February 16, 2024, 07:35:16 PM

Absolutely correct, but when else can they do works that are paramount to safety.

I know you love to play devils advocate Alfie but unless you are a regular on Southern Rail you can't possibly know how useless they are. For the last 20 months the whole of the UK has had to endure rail strikes and on top of that they plan engineering weeks during non strike periods.

Steeeeeeeeeed

There's no trams between Wimbledon and Reeves Corner too for another week if folk were going to the District line that way via East Croydon. I was in Croydon today, it' was even more all chaotic than normal round there.

_Putney_

Can't remember the last time they've been running properly.

alfie

Quote from: Whitestone on February 16, 2024, 08:03:10 PM

I know you love to play devils advocate Alfie but unless you are a regular on Southern Rail you can't possibly know how useless they are. For the last 20 months the whole of the UK has had to endure rail strikes and on top of that they plan engineering weeks during non strike periods.
"Devils advocate" , I just say what I think, if that's wrong then I am sorry.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

Shredhead

Booked a parking space near 3 Bridges through JustParking.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

ffc73

Southern rail annual season ticket commuter & I've no complaints with service. Yes there are issues but no more than other networks & the horrendous road system.

Southern are running extra trains on the Arun valley line to link to the coast & along to Brighton.

Yes, I know it's a pain when directly affected but I still believe it's better than the bad press they get.

Shredhead

Quote from: ffc73 on February 16, 2024, 10:08:09 PMSouthern rail annual season ticket commuter & I've no complaints with service. Yes there are issues but no more than other networks & the horrendous road system.

Southern are running extra trains on the Arun valley line to link to the coast & along to Brighton.

Yes, I know it's a pain when directly affected but I still believe it's better than the bad press they get.

Bizzarely, this winter they've stopped running bus replacement buses from Brighton to Three Bridges.  The direct ones were regular, quick and reliable. Apart from the time a rookie driver left Brighton Station and followed signs for Brighton seafront. I had to come down from the top deck and direct him back northwards before he ended up on the pier. I returned to my seat a hero to the Arsenal fans, a couple of Fulham and, most importantly,  my young daughter.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Whitestone

Quote from: ffc73 on February 16, 2024, 10:08:09 PMSouthern rail annual season ticket commuter & I've no complaints with service. Yes there are issues but no more than other networks & the horrendous road system.

The bad press they get is fully deserved. The public have to put up with strikes, engineering works, late trains, routine cancellations and inflated prices. Whatever happened to customer service ?