News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Financial Fair Play, and where we stand.

Started by Scrumpy, January 23, 2011, 07:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

Interesting to see the figures in NOTW today, listing the wage bills for all Clubs in the Premier League.  By 2014 any Clubs competing in Europe need to have a wages bill of less than 70% of their turnover. These figures have been dumbed down a bit for the NOTW readership (!) but I think they are from the 09/10 season. Some figures just aren't quoted, so have an x instead. The figures do not take any account of other debts (so the Man Utd and Liverpool figures may look good, but they are still in financial trouble due to other debt)...

Club - Wages Bill in millions - Percent of turnover
Arsenal - £111 - 50%
A.Villa - £61 - 77%
Birmingham - £27 - 99%
Blackburn - £46 - 91%
Blackpool - £6 - xx%
Bolton - £41 - 69%
Chelsea - £149 - 69%
Everton - £49 - 62%
Fulham - £46 - 69%
Liverpool - £90 - 57%
Man City - £133 - 106%
Man Utd - £123 - 44%
Newcastle - £xx - 83%
Stoke - £30 - 56%
Sunderland - £50 - 77%
Tottenham - £59 - 52%
West Brom - £xx - xx%
West Ham - £xx - 83%
Wigan - £xx - 91%
Wolves - £17 - 92%
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

White Noise

Thanks for this Scrumpy.

If we are 1% below the level on an income boosted by Europa funds and before Sparky makes his big name signings this month then maybe our European experinces will not come again. However, I am encouraged by the fact that Scudamore says he doesn't think the rules will be applied in practice. Oh, but saying that, I have just remembered we are Fulham so we will get hit with the full force of the law and probably stripped of our ground and name while Chelsea will have the gold carpet rolled out for them. :dft006: