watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My first visit to the Cottage

Started by Mcbridles, February 23, 2024, 07:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mcbridles

I'm coming to the UK on business and am hoping to coordinate my bucket list visit to watch a Fulham match at home for the game vs Tottenham on 3/16.

Having never been there before and not knowing much about game day, where to stay, etc. I'd be grateful for any assistance, links to helpful info, pubs to visit, etc.

I'll be coming alone so happy to meet up with anyone who doesn't mind dragging an American around. :)

Thanks in advance.

St Eve

You will have a wonderful time. I live in New York now so only get to 2 or 3 games a season. Just saw the Everton game. My routine is to start at the Dukes Head in Putney. A wonderful pub. Then stroll through Bishops Park to the Cottage. Head back to the Dukes Head and then a couple in the Half Moon. A great day, particularly if we win.

Mcbridles

Thank you, anyone have suggestions on places to stay? I'll be there until Monday then heading up to Newcastle.

DadCreature

Quote from: Mcbridles on February 23, 2024, 07:17:54 PMI'm coming to the UK on business and am hoping to coordinate my bucket list visit to watch a Fulham match at home for the game vs Tottenham on 3/16.

Having never been there before and not knowing much about game day, where to stay, etc. I'd be grateful for any assistance, links to helpful info, pubs to visit, etc.

I'll be coming alone so happy to meet up with anyone who doesn't mind dragging an American around. :)

Thanks in advance.
Ha!  I just bought a ticket for that match and will be in town.  PM me and I'm happy to meet up before the match for a few beers!

G_Gribby

Premier Inn London Putney Bridge (Fulham)
mk hotel (Putney, close to Putney bridge)
Putney Hotel (new Best Western hotel close to Putney station)
Several hotels around Hammersmith and Earls Court

Don't forget to have a dinner at the friendly italian place Blades, Lower Richmond rd Putney.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Southcoastffc

If your budget allows and you want a bit of luxury try Rubens at the Palace (close to Buckingham Palace) or Club Quarters at St Paul's.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

KJS

If your in London for a few days better staying somewhere central like Covent Garden area or Westminster if just for the game then Putney Prem Inn is a good place for the game

Mcbridles

Thank you all!  ::scarf::

Which does lead me to another question. I'm not a "member" on the FFC site (not much value in that living overseas) and haven't bought a ticket before so it seems online purchasing of a ticket isn't available for me, or at least not yet. Is there a point at which it opens up for others or do I need to take some other path? Would prefer not waiting til gameday hoping I'll be able to get in.

Did email the ticket office as well.

G_Gribby

It's 50% off membership right now. It may be an easier route to a ticket. Keep in mind that season tickets have priority, then members with history, then members without history, last then those without anything.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Mcbridles

Thank you all. Flights, hotel (MK) and game ticket done. After 20 years following Fulham from afar here in the US I'm thrilled to finally go to a game in person and visit a few of the local pubs. Now hopefully we can beat them a second time this season!  ::thumb::

Motspur Park

Depending on what you want and your budget, Richmond is nice. Couple of good hotels there, nice restaurants and easy to to get to Fulham.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Mcbridles on February 26, 2024, 01:59:31 AMThank you all. Flights, hotel (MK) and game ticket done. After 20 years following Fulham from afar here in the US I'm thrilled to finally go to a game in person and visit a few of the local pubs. Now hopefully we can beat them a second time this season!  ::thumb::
Have a great time on  your trip. How did you manage to get a ticket in the end?

Southcoastffc

FULHAM V TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
PREMIER LEAGUE
CRAVEN COTTAGE
SATURDAY 16TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 5:30PM
Page last updated: 20/02/2024

Loyalty Points awarded: 2

ON SALE DATES
10am, Thursday 22nd February - 2023/24 Members* (one ticket per person)
10am, Monday 26th February - 2023/24 Season Ticket Holders (two tickets per person)
10am, Wednesday 28th February - Supporters with a Previous Booking History** (two tickets per person)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ffcne

Quote from: Mcbridles on February 26, 2024, 01:59:31 AMThank you all. Flights, hotel (MK) and game ticket done. After 20 years following Fulham from afar here in the US I'm thrilled to finally go to a game in person and visit a few of the local pubs. Now hopefully we can beat them a second time this season!  ::thumb::

Glad you got sorted .And hope you have a great stay.
And staying in Putney as well.Enjoy the area .Have a few pints .
And i know you will enjoy Craven Cottage.

Mcbridles

Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 26, 2024, 08:55:18 AM
Have a great time on  your trip. How did you manage to get a ticket in the end?

In the end... I had to pony up for a membership and a Premium ticket in the Riverside stand. But since this may be my one time in life to go to a match, I decided to splurge and enjoy the view. Also didn't want to wear the worry of not being able to get a ticket.