more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ilias Chair jailed for one year.

Started by ruislip ray, February 23, 2024, 11:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

davew

Quote from: bog on February 24, 2024, 08:38:10 AMOh dear. After what charge?
QPR star Ilias Chair has been sentenced to a year in prison in Belgium after fracturing a truck driver's skull.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jims Dentist

QPR's best player.
Plays same role as Pereira, but knows where the net is.

Logicalman

Guardian
On Friday the news agency Belga reported that Chair had been sentenced by an Antwerp court to two years in jail, with one year suspended, and ordered to pay €15,864 (£13,546) in damages and interest to his victim, a lorry driver who had his skull fractured after an altercation during a kayaking expedition in Belgium and France in 2020.

The assault occurred during a mass confrontation among the travelling tourists as they sought to get back on their coach in the French town of Bazeilles. The lorry driver, referred to in court as Neils T, was taken to hospital after having his skull fractured and losing consciousness. The court heard that Neils still suffers from his injuries today. Chair denied the charges but was identified in court as being the man who had struck a rock at the head of Neils T.

Two other men were also found guilty at the trial and sentenced to six and 12 months in prison respectively.

Independent
QPR have confirmed they are in contact with Ilias Chair's legal team after the player was sentenced to two years in prison in Belgium for breaking a man's skull with a rock.

The charges against Chair relate to an incident back in 2020 during a kayaking trip.
The 26-year-old was sentenced to a two-year prison sentence, with one year suspended, in addition to a €15,000 (£12,800) fine in compensation to the victim.

Chair has the right to appeal and is not currently incarcerated, which could make him available for QPR's Championship game against Rotherham this weekend.
QPR outlined their position in a statement: "The club are, and have been, in regular contact with Ilias Chair's legal team regarding a charge of assault which has been made against him.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Benny

Baszab

deadcowboys

The bizarre thing is he's playing for QPR today & not behind bars.

Eton White

Quote from: deadcowboys on February 24, 2024, 04:21:59 PMThe bizarre thing is he's playing for QPR today & not behind bars.

How was that allowed?

Logicalman

Quote from: Eton White on February 24, 2024, 06:31:49 PM
Quote from: deadcowboys on February 24, 2024, 04:21:59 PMThe bizarre thing is he's playing for QPR today & not behind bars.

How was that allowed?

I believe he appealed the verdict and therefore free pending appeal.

"Chair, 26, who is a key player for the Championship side and a Belgium-born Morocco international, is expected to appeal against the verdict and his club understand he remains available for selection as the Belgian legal process continues."
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

deadcowboys

Quote from: Logicalman on February 25, 2024, 12:52:36 PM
Quote from: Eton White on February 24, 2024, 06:31:49 PM

How was that allowed?

I believe he appealed the verdict and therefore free pending appeal.

"Chair, 26, who is a key player for the Championship side and a Belgium-born Morocco international, is expected to appeal against the verdict and his club understand he remains available for selection as the Belgian legal process continues."

In which case the Belgium judicial system is even worse than ours. I suppose then that he hasn't paid the compensation to the injured party. Hope once the appeal is lost, as it should do as there were witnesses, the compensation is doubled or tripled as it wasn't a lot & the guy still seems to be suffering the after effects.

HV71

Shame the truck driver didn't deck chair . There's a headline in the making

mrmicawbers

I did mention this the other day,not sure what happened to my post. Anyway I suggested that there was a possibility of him going down twice this season,although Rangers have bucked up their ideas recently sadly.

Fulham 442

A year's sentence with a further year suspended but apparently not jailed because Belgian prisons are currently overcrowded!