https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

ManU reaction...Pre Game/during the game/Post Game

Started by terryr, February 24, 2024, 06:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

Pre Game

" Win by 14 and we will be in the Champion's league purgatory spot"

"A confident team should be winning these. Momentum is on our side. We're at home, our fans should be in happier moods after our recent form so hopefully they give the players some energy to put in a good performance."

" Finally, a Saturday afternoon kick-off. Hallelujah!

It's another must-win, and I would feel fairly confident about it at home. Recently we've been finding ways to win instead of ways to lose, which is a nice little boost. Same line-up, but pending Shaw's availability of course. If he's not available we have a fullback problem again."

" Damn, didnt realise we have City away after this. Becomes a must win game now. Fulham that is, not city away."

" Great chance for 5 in a row. LB is a worry though."

" Don't we normally beat this lot? I feel like we usually beat this lot."

"Yep, haven't lost against them since 2009. 18 wins and 3 draws in that time.
Very unusual in that all the lesser lights of the league seemed to get a handful of wins against us over the last decade."

" It's nice to feel justifiably confident ahead of a game :D
3-0 Hojlund hattrick.'

' How Fulham have done against the top 8 away this season (haven't played Villa in Villa park yet)

2-0 defeat to Tottenham (2 goals from 5 shots on target)
5-1 defeat to Man City ( 5 goals from 5 shots on target)
4-3 defeat to Liverpool ( It was 3-2 to Fulham 86 mins played)
2-2 draw v Arsenal ( Fulham played the last ten minutes with 10 men)
1-1 draw v Brighton
3-0 defeat to Newcastle ( Fulham down to 10 men from the 22nd minute)"

" I'm actually starting to believe in and expect wins now. We are at home, Fulham are bottom half and have won one game in their last eight, and besides Martinez and maybe Shaw we have the players available with a full week to prepare.
No excuses to not win this, if we want to be in the Champions League next year. Next league game is then a Man City away, where any point is a bonus, before we have another 3-4 fairly winnable games. We can put real pressure on Villa and Spurs through rest of February and March."

" This feels like a game Bruno will win for us.
Going for 2-0 United, Bruno with both of them .
Put your house on it."

During the game

" Haven't come close to creating anything yet."

" I can't wait for the summer. Get rid of all these dipshits."

" jizzy little pricks this lot."

" Complacent start need to wake up now."

" Rubbish so far."

" Intensity of a preseason game. Pick it up."

" Pereira screamer incoming"

" Fulham in full control, we didn't have a single attack in 12 minutes"

" Fulham having zero resistance in bypassing our midfield and the fullbacks."

" Bit scary that Fulham looks more comfortable on the ball...."

" Fulham looking good."

" Looks like our main strategy is to hope Bruno steals the ball high up the pitch"

" not a great first 15. Fulham dominating. Nothing to worry about yet but...Varane lets ball roll under foot...out for a throw. Casemiro plays ball straight out for a throw. Mainoo trying a long ball smashes Forson on the back of the head...out for a throw. Pretty much sums us up so far
Need to up it though and improve quickly."

" Maguire is a fecking idiot'

" Such terrible defending. Could see that coming a mile off"

" Fulham in cruise control with their B team at Old Trafford'

" How are Fulham allowed all this space in the middle of the pitch??"

" Rashford is a disgrace there. Once again"

" Rashford should be sold this summer."

" We might have a shot soon"

" Getting bossed by Fulham. Pathetic stuff"

" Fulham are trash, come on lads pump them up."

" Matter of time before Fulham score."

" Fulham without their one outstanding player too"

" This Fulham team have absolutely nothing about them. We're not even losing and this is already a bit embarrassing."

" Muniz is good."

" They hit the post"

" They're just a much better team than us."

" Great play by that fulham player"

" Fulham making us look like relegation fodder. Hoping to salvage a plucky point here as underdogs."

" Maguire what a donkey"

" That'll be a red"

" Red for Harry?"

" Goodbye maguire, that was pathetic"

" lucky that was only yellow there"

" That should be a red for Maguire"

" Maguire is a lucky boy"

" Just a yellow. Players absolutely milk every little touch they get. Nothing wrong with him and it's not a dangerous challenge."

" We're lucky it wasn't reviewed by var"

" Fulham's counter attacking, jesus they should be murdering Utd."

" If Fulham knew how to score we'd be 2 or 3 down by now"

" Fulham deserve to win."

Fulham Score

"There you go it was coming 0-1 fulham"

" And there it is.

goodbye CL :(

hello Europa"

" It was coming"

" useless bastards"

" Final ball aside, Fulham play much better football than us. It's like they practice things on the training ground."

" that's been coming as surely as sunday tomorrow"

" Feck off you useless fecking team and fraud manager!"

" Feck this whole bottling, garbage team."

" Spanked hard, fully deserved."

" Top 4 over."

" Well that was fully deserved. Fulham should have scored at least 3 by now tbh"

" What a dogshit game this has been, supposedly at home against cannon fodder. So much for the corner we had turned."

" Tom Cairney, another former Scholesy wonderkid"

" Well deserved, I am happy for Marco Silva"

" Rashford please leave the club."

" hope I see the back to Erik. United looks good on his resume, go back to Holland."

" Better chance we lose 2-0 than scoring 2."

" Vile team playing vile football.

Clueless manager."

" Have looked second best to Fulham at home.
Embarrassing"

" At home against Fulham's B team, down a goal, and still we can't even put them under pressure"

" Taore vs Victor will be special"

"
Come on Fulham, please get Erik sack."

Man U equalize

" Fking Harry Maguire!"

"Phew"

" Captain Maguire!!!"

" (Ex) Captain. Leader. Legend."

" Slabhead!!"

" Harry, you beauty!"

" Arry!
Let's get another one"

" Undeserved but will take it!"

" Fulham deserve that, this has been as bad a performance as you could ever see from Utd and they haven't punished Utd.

VAR, oh no."

" Come on Utd! Let's win this now"

" a draw feels like a point earned from this performance. A win would be fantastic"

" 9 minutes for McT to save us"

" Cmon Rashford"

" Even if we win this sort of feels wrong...."

" My ass is sweaty"

" all over them now"

" ughh so close. It's near ::wine:: "

" This Fulham goalkeeper seems dodgy. Should have really tested him more"

"
Fulham Score!

" Useless."

" HAHA!"

" burn it all down"

" Fulham late winner at OT? New level banter era"

" are you fecking kidding me !!!"

" Man United 1 Nigeria 2"

Full Time

" Weekend spoilt"

" They deserved it"

"Our luck ran out this time. Deserved by Fulham"

" Ah well. Deserved tbh."

" Great goal in fairness to him."

" No more than we deserved today. A truly poor performance."

" Sir Jim, do your job after this game."

" It sounds like missing out on CL will be disastrous for us from a FFP perspective. I think Ratcliffe already knows how big the job is. Honestly I'm upset with this lost. I was starting to think we had a good chance of at least top 5. Now I'm pessimistic again. Hojlund still missing too."

" Mourinho IN"

I hope you enjoyed reading that as much as I did putting it together. Greetings from Tampa

WindyCity

Speaking of Rashford, and I've always liked him as a player.  But today he was practically invisible.  FFC defense really did a number on him. 

Somerset Fulham

Terry! Hello! Cheers, and thank you, your summaries save me hours of reading!

Welcome back.

Ronnief

Paul Merson on Sky couldn't accept that Fulham outplayed Manure he would only talk about how bad Manure were. I think he should be banned from his poor comments and poor language. ::scarf::

WolverineFFC

Quote from: WindyCity on February 24, 2024, 07:06:42 PMSpeaking of Rashford, and I've always liked him as a player.  But today he was practically invisible.  FFC defense really did a number on him. 

He just is not a number 9. Many think our striker situation is bad, Martial is it behind Hojland which is insane for a club United's size.

Marco completely out coached Ten Haag imo, but Ten Haag's worst decision was moving Garnacho and Rashford out of their best positions. He did Fulham a huge favor by not putting McTominay as his striker, instead using the youth player and moving the other two around. Wild.

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Eton White

I've missed these, Terry.

Welcome back - and thanks for putting all this together.

KJS

Quote from: Ronnief on February 24, 2024, 08:39:18 PMPaul Merson on Sky couldn't accept that Fulham outplayed Manure he would only talk about how bad Manure were. I think he should be banned from his poor comments and poor language. ::scarf::

Throughout the game he actually said Fulham were the better side and were outplaying United and until they equalised they were not in the game, he thought once they scored they would go on and win but when FFC did get the 2nd he said it was no more than we deserved

Nero

Quote from: KJS on February 25, 2024, 11:43:39 AM
Quote from: Ronnief on February 24, 2024, 08:39:18 PMPaul Merson on Sky couldn't accept that Fulham outplayed Manure he would only talk about how bad Manure were. I think he should be banned from his poor comments and poor language. ::scarf::

Throughout the game he actually said Fulham were the better side and were outplaying United and until they equalised they were not in the game, he thought once they scored they would go on and win but when FFC did get the 2nd he said it was no more than we deserved

But he is losing the plot when Fulham scored the winner he said it was Man U, dont know how he keeps that job hes seems clueless about what is going on and who hes watching

bog

Thanks for posting this! A wonderful read!  ::thumb::  :slap: 

Jem

The comment "Very unusual in that all the lesser lights of the league seemed to get a handful of wins against us over the last decade" shows a complete lack of understanding of sport in general.
Thanks Terry.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

ScalleysDad

Thank you for the return of these great reads.
We went out last night and there were a group of twenty somethings at the bar trying to construct sentences regarding their angst on the result and how Fulham should not even be in the Prem and United should be cruising at six nil against such trash. This was Crediton Devon for chrissakes!!!!!!!! A superb day made better when our host shouted " I told you Iwobi would come good" from across the room. "Evening lads"

Brawn

Eh? During the game he talked about nothing other than how good we were, how we were the better team, and how we weren't putting our chances away.

Jim©

Twig

This is nonsense, throughout the game he was constantly saying positive things about us.

Ronnief

Quote from: Twig on February 25, 2024, 07:36:26 PM

This is nonsense, throughout the game he was constantly saying positive things about us.
I was quoting his comments after the match.