watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Goal -Scorers

Started by filham, February 26, 2024, 05:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

No doubt we have missed goal scorers all season and for a short period were threatened with a possible goal drought.
Recent goals by Muniz and Iwobi have given hope of more goals over the remainder of the season. At the moment our leading scorers are:-
                             BDR        5 from 23 matches
                             Jiminez    5 from 19 matches
                             Iwobi      4 from 18 matches
                             Muniz      4 from 14 matches

Really quite dismal dismal but would look so much better if one of them could hit double figures.
Can Muniz score a further 6 goals in our last 12 matches

WhiteJC

BDR      4
Pereira      1
Palhina      3
Ream      1
Vinicus      2
Willian      4
Raul      5
Iwobi      4
Muniz      4
Wilson      2
Tete      1
Tosin      1
Cairney      1
Bassey      1

Somerset Fulham

Some call it sharing the goals across the team.

I haven't and continue to have no concerns about our goals scored, they are pretty much where they should be for a side in our position.

Surlyc

We've scored 2 fewer goals than at this stage last year and we have also conceded 8 more.

Considering we tailed off so badly from about this point last year, I think there is reason for optimism that we could possibly equal last season.

btffc

The main issue with our goal scoring is not the number of goals but how many times we have not scored at all. We are already ahead of last year in terms of clean sheets against. However, I'm hoping we have turned a corner there as the goals have been coming on a consistent basis over the last month. Muniz has played a big part in that.

filham

Quote from: btffc on February 26, 2024, 07:04:41 PMThe main issue with our goal scoring is not the number of goals but how many times we have not scored at all. We are already ahead of last year in terms of clean sheets against. However, I'm hoping we have turned a corner there as the goals have been coming on a consistent basis over the last month. Muniz has played a big part in that.
Agree ,coming away from the Cottage without seeing a fulham goal is a terrible experience and that just should not happen.

Drewry66

Muniz is 4 in 7.7 games of actual playing time. If he can keep up a goal every other game and holds the ball and link play as well as he did Saturday it will prob be a good end to the season for the team and he will have just made double figures.

Lighthouse

I am not sure we can gloss over the lack of a consistent striker this season. We were spoilt by some bloke who left us suddenly. But the timing of that departure really did us great harm. We couldn't find any replacement at the time.

In fact the argument could be how well we are now doing. Especially with Jimenez now being injured. Nobody, not even people like me who always talked him up, could have foreseen how brilliant Munez is now playing. So the season started badly and we suffered for it. BUT when all things are considered. It proves in reality how well we have done without an in form striker.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Stoneleigh Loyalist

My only criticism there would be with Pereira who just does not score enough goals.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 26, 2024, 08:50:31 PMMy only criticism there would be with Pereira who just does not score enough goals.

But AP is apparently very high on the list of PL assists.  He is IMO often criticised unfairly. (Not saying you are doing that).  That said  I would be delighted if he could get a few goals soon - I imagine he'd really flourish.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.