watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 01/03/24...

Started by WhiteJC, February 29, 2024, 11:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

'One for the memory bank' – Alex Iwobi on Fulham's famous victory at Manchester United
Alex Iwobi described Fulham's 2-1 win at Manchester United as one "for the memory bank" after he scored the winner at Old Trafford.

The Whites took the lead through Calvin Bassey in the 65th minute when the former Ajax defender fired a corner from Andreas Pereira into the roof of the net.

United equalised a minute from the end of normal time after Harry Maguire capitalised on a save from Bernd Leno just in front of goal.

Former Arsenal and Everton attacker Iwobi secured all three points in the 97th minute for the west Londoners when he collected Adama Traore's drive and pass into the penalty area, cutting back on to his right foot to shoot past Andre Onana.

Nigerian international Iwobi's fourth Premier League goal of the season ended Fulham's 21-year wait – a run of 16 games – for a win at Old Trafford.

He said: "I'm over the moon right now to come back into the team and get the win here – there is no better feeling. We feel we performed really well and have been performing really well recently, it is just about getting the results.

"We always had the ability to create chances, we had so many in the final third, it was just about taking them and luckily I was able to take mine at the end.

"This will give us a world of confidence and hopefully kick on. Everyone's emotion is high and we will have to dust down, but it is a confidence boost. It's a win for the memory bank."

Marco Silva's side host Brighton on Saturday at Craven Cottage.

The Seagulls will have one eye on their Europa League round of 16 game at Roma next Thursday and have also suffered an injury blow this week, with Kaoru Mitoma set to miss the rest of the season with a back injury.

Fulham will still be without Joao Palhinha, who is serving the second of his two-game ban after reaching 10 yellow cards for the season. Serbian midfielder Sasa Lukic will continue to deputise in his place.

SportBILD claim Bayern Munich are still keeping track of Palhinha ahead of the summer.

The 28-year-old was on the verge of signing for the Bundesliga giants in the summer window but the move fell through.

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan recently told talkSPORT: "We love having him here and we want him part of the team as long as possible, we were very happy to extend his contract.

"If an offer came along and it made sense for everyone, I think that's something you have to consider with every player at the right time.

"We want to keep him and we have kept him. He's been staying with us and there's a lot of demand. There's now a huge market for Joao Palhinha. Now, eyes have opened."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/one-for-the-memory-bank-alex-iwobi-on-fulhams-famous-victory-at-manchester-united/

WhiteJC

Ian Wright and Jamie Carragher both seriously impressed with 'brilliant' Fulham ace
Jamie Carragher and Ian Wright have both moved to praise Fulham striker Rodrigo Muniz after his display against Manchester United.

Let's be honest, the shine from Saturday's win hasn't quite worn off yet.

Fulham finally won a game at Old Trafford for the first time in more than 20 years, and it came in dramatic fashion.

Alex Iwobi's last-gasp winner secured a 2-1 victory for Fulham, firing a low drive past Andre Onana to send Fulham fans everywhere in ecstasy.

The focus may now be turning to this weekend's game against Brighton and Hove Albion, but one player is still being praised for his Old Trafford display...

Jamie Carragher and Ian Wright on Rodrigo Muniz
Striker Rodrigo Muniz has been in fine form of late.

The Brazilian has hit four goals in his last five games and is really gaining momentum at Craven Cottage.

Muniz scored five goals in his first season at the club after joining from Flamengo in 2021, but then didn't exactly shine on loan at Middlesbrough last season.

Few really identified Muniz as a potential replacement for Aleksandar Mitrovic but he is now stepping up and shining.

Muniz didn't score against United but his performance has now been praised by both Jamie Carragher and Ian Wright.

Speaking on The Overlap, Wright suggested that Muniz is simply 'brilliant' as Carragher praised his ability to hold the ball up.

Wright added that Muniz caused real problems for Harry Maguire, putting in a real centre forward's display with his link-up play and his movement.

"I thought that Muniz from Fulham, he's brilliant," said Wright.

"He did well didn't he? I was looking at the clips on the Sunday night, he held it up well," added Carragher.

"He held it up well, even when Harry won something, he only headed it down there, bam, he got it, laid it off and even the last goal, you could see it was his involvement that dragged Harry in," Wright continued.

Muniz has really taken his chance in the Fulham side and it's hard to see him going anywhere right now.

Add in that Muniz is only 22 and we may well be seeing Fulham's striker of the future right now, with the praise from Carragher and Wright summing up his recent displays.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/02/29/ian-wright-and-jamie-carragher-both-seriously-impressed-with-brilliant-fulham-ace/

WhiteJC

Vote Rodrigo For POTM!

Rodrigo Muniz's terrific February has seen him nominated for the Premier League's EA Sports Player of the Month award.

After opening his Prem account in a 2-2 draw at Burnley with a composed lob, he hit a game-winning brace against Bournemouth at the Cottage, before finding the net once again with a clever finish against Aston Villa a week later.

He was unfortunate not to make it five goals in four matches last time out at Old Trafford, but his brilliant turn and shot smacked firmly against the upright. Nonetheless, it was still another fantastic performance from our number 19.

Muniz faces some stiff competition for February's accolade, with Phil Foden, João Gomes, Pascal Gross, Rasmus Højlund, Bukayo Saka and Ollie Watkins all in the mix.

You can show your support for Rodrigo at the below link, with voting open from now until midday on Monday.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/february/29/vote-rodrigo-for-player-of-the-month/

WhiteJC

Manchester United unhappy with Fulham after they mocked Bruno Fernandes on TikTok - with Erik ten Hag furious with how 'pathetic' critics target his captain

Bruno Fernandes went down injured during Man United's 2-1 defeat by Fulham
    However, moments later the United captain got up and continued to play on

Fulham have fuelled the public criticism of Bruno Fernandes by mocking the Manchester United captain over his injury in Saturday's game between the two clubs at Old Trafford.

United boss Erik ten Hag branded the social media backlash against Fernandes as 'pathetic' after a clip of him going down heavily under a challenge from Fulham's Sasa Lukic and then quickly playing on was circulated on social media.

Fulham posted the clip on their official TikTok account along with a sarcastic caption that read 'so glad he's ok'. By Thursday morning it had 43,000 likes.

United are keen to avoid a row with their Premier League rivals, although sources say it is regrettable that the video has been shared on an official channel.

United feel that far from providing evidence of Fernandes feigning injury, it shows how determined he was to ignore the shin injury and help his team look for an equaliser after going 2-1 down in injury-time.

Fulham have mocked Bruno Fernandes over his 'injury' during their win against Man United

Fernandes went down under a challenge from Fulham's Sasa Lukic and looked to be in pain

However, moments later the United captain got up off the floor and continued to play on

Fulham's post on TikTok fuelled the public criticism Fernandes has received in recent days

The Portugal star was a doubt for Wednesday's FA Cup tie at Nottingham Forest but Ten Hag praised him for playing through the pain to get an assist on Casemiro's late winner, and criticised the opposition for targeting him with a series of fouls.

Fernandes limped out of the City Ground afterwards, which is a worry for United ahead of Sunday's Manchester derby at the Etihad.

'You saw that Forest were targeting him,' said Ten Hag. 'There were many fouls on him. You see when he is getting the ball, they are really tight on him.

'I don't say what it is, but it was a serious injury. I see social media criticise him. It is pathetic. He has a serious injury, he continued to play on Saturday and then also he fought to be part of this game.

'He has a very high pain threshold. Last year he did something similar against Spurs. It shows his leadership.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13140455/Fulham-mock-Bruno-Fernandes-injury-Man-United-Erik-ten-Hag-Red-Devil.html

WhiteJC

Muniz nominated for player of the month
Fulham forward Rodrigo Muniz has been nominated for the Premier League's player of the month award after an outstanding February.

The Brazilian striker broke his Premier League duck with a lovely lofted finish in Fulham's 2-2 draw at Burnley having been preferred to deadline day signing Armando Broja before bagging a brace against Bournemouth a week later. He prodded home a poacher's finish to get the Whites back into the contest against Aston Villa at Craven Cottage to make it four goals in five games.

Muniz was outstanding at Old Trafford was unfortunate not to add to his account as Marco Silva's side beat Manchester United last Saturday and the former Flamengo centre-forward's outstanding performances have earned him a spot on the award shortlist alongside Phil Foden, João Gomes, Pascal Gross, Rasmus Højlund, Bukayo Saka and Ollie Watkins.

You can vote for Muniz to win the EA Sports Player of the Month award here.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/02/muniz-nominated-for-player-of-the-month/

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest and Fulham 'came forward' for €20m+ midfield star – Director 'rubs his hands' at thought of big profit
Fulham and Nottingham Forest both 'came forward' for Bologna star Lewis Ferguson in recent months, with a move in the summer transfer window looking increasingly likely.

That's according to Tuttosport, relayed by Il Bianconero, who say the midfielder is also being looked at by Juventus as they look to rebuild their squad.

Ferguson has been impressing for Bologna since arriving from Aberdeen in July 2022, establishing himself as a key player under Thiago Motta.

This season he's managed five goals and four assists in 25 games in Serie A and that hasn't gone unnoticed around Europe.

Fulham and Nottingham Forest have both been credited with an interest in him for some time, with it reported in November that they were both hovering and looking at a potential €15m bargain deal.

Tuttosport now back that up somewhat, reporting that Juventus are showing an interest in Ferguson as they know they have to move for at least one midfielder in the coming months.

Ferguson is a player they are looking at thanks to his impressive performances for Bologna, which have helped push them up the table and into fourth.

The Italian giants are not the only side keen, though, as Fulham and Nottingham Forest both 'came forward' to ask about him.

Bologna's sports director Giovanni Sartori 'rubs his hands' because of this, valuing the midfielder at €20-25m, offering a major profit on a player who cost just €4m.

Whether Fulham or Nottingham Forest, particularly the latter given their PSR issues, would be willing to pay such a figure remains to be seen, but the interest is there ahead of the summer nonetheless.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/nottingham-forest-fulham-came-forward-e20m-midfield-star-director-rubs-hands-thought-big-profit/

WhiteJC

United fury at Fulham's Fernandes video
A host of other media outlets have run stories today picking up on Eric ten Haag slamming a social media post from Fulham that pokes fun at the Manchester United skipper going down easily late on in the Whites' 2-1 win at Old Trafford on Saturday.

ten Haag has demanded an apology from the Cottagers, claiming that their posting of a viral video on Tik Tok that captured Fernandes falling theatrically to the ground as he fired a shot goalwards having been challenged by Sasa Lukic – and then getting back to his feet to rejoin the attack having realised he wasn't going to win a free-kick.

We humbly suggest that an under-pressure Manchester United manager, reeling from being outfoxed by Marco Silva, would have more pressing matters on his mind.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/02/united-fury-at-fulhams-fernandes-video/

WhiteJC

Roberto De Zerbi gives four-word Brighton injury update on Joao Pedro and James Milner ahead of Fulham and Roma
All the latest team news for Brighton and Hove Albion and across the Premier League

Brighton and Hove Albion head coach Roberto De Zerbi continues to struggle with injuries this season.

The Seagulls, who were knocked out of the FA Cup with a 1-0 loss at Wolves on Wednesday, return to Premier League action this Saturday at Fulham, before heading to Roma on Thursday for their first leg round of 16 Europa League clash.

Brighton were missing nine players from the starting XI at Molineux Stadium last night with Kaoru Mitoma (back), Solly March (knee) Jack Hinshelwood (foot), Evan Ferguson (foot) Tariq Lamptey (thigh), James Milner (thigh), Joel Veltman (unspecified), Danny Welbeck (unspecified), Joao Pedro (thigh) and Billy Gilmour (suspended).

De Zerbi hopes to have Lamtpey, Veltman and Ferguson available for Fulham but admits the match will arrive too soon for Milner and 19-goal Brazilian striker Pedro.

"Milner we will need another two to three weeks," said De Zerbi after the loss at Wolves. "Joao Pedro, two to three weeks again."

"I hope Tariq can be available for Saturday, Joel Veltman as well," and also adeed: "Ferguson I hope can play Saturday."

The Italian head coach has dealt with numerous injuries this term but Brighton are seventh in the table and battling for a top six spot, which would see them qualify for Europe once again.

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/roberto-de-zerbi-gives-four-word-brighton-injury-update-on-joao-pedro-and-james-milner-ahead-of-fulham-and-roma-4538252

WhiteJC

Lukić: Carry On This Way
Following a scintillating showing in Manchester on Saturday, Saša Lukić reflected on a performance to be proud of on one of the toughest stages of them all, as well as looking ahead to a battle with Brighton next up.

It was a fantastic team performance on Saturday – how proud are you of what the team did in Manchester?

"Yes, we played a really big match and I'm proud of the whole team, the staff and all those who follow Fulham. It was an important victory for us which gives us a big lift for matches coming up. I'm really proud because it was a deserved win, and we need to carry on in this way."

You had an excellent game in midfield – were you pleased with your contributions?

"I'm happy with my performance but above all I'm delighted for the performance of the whole team which is more important. We put in everything to try to win this game, we believed from the first minute and even before the match when we spoke about it. Throughout the 97-plus minutes we performed at a high level and I'm happy to have played my part in being able to help the team because it was a big occasion for me and I needed to listen and take on board instructions and I'm happy because we achieved the win."

Working with Harrison Reed, you were very effective at putting pressure on the United players and winning possession to start counter attacks – was that a big part of the gameplan?

"With Harrison, Andreas in the midfield and all the players, it's important for the team to feel good and apply pressure to our opponent and win the first and second balls and turnover possession and start our attacks. We all played well, and it was key that in midfield we contributed in the right way."

Having been unlucky against Manchester United the last two years, it must have been very satisfying to beat them, and deservedly so, too?

"I agree, since I've been here we have played good matches against Manchester United, five or six times, and we were always close to winning. It was frustrating that we weren't able to win the previous matches and last Saturday we put everything in place to win and it was deserved. Fulham hadn't won at Old Trafford since 2003 so that was a big victory for the whole club and our fans. This is the path we need to continue."

How much confidence does that win give the team going into the final stretch of the season?

"Of course, when you win against a big side, especially and in-form side in 2024, and to win at their place gives us a big boost to finish the campaign in as high a position in the table as possible. We need to continue our hard work and keep taking points."

Brighton up next – what have you made of them this season?

"Brighton is a strong team. They have a Head Coach that likes to play attractive football and the team always looks to play good attacking football. They perhaps aren't doing as well recently as they would have liked but they are always dangerous, and we need to be ready to play like we did last Saturday against United. We need to concentrate on ourselves and I'm always focused on doing my job. If we do our jobs well the performances and results will look after themselves."

I'm sure you enjoyed getting a start at the weekend – must be looking forward to hopefully getting another one in front of the home fans on Saturday?

"It's always a great feeling to play in front of our fans at the Cottage. I can't wait and I hope we can get the win for ourselves and for our supporters."

Craven Cottage will be sold out this weekend – how much do you enjoy playing in those kinds of environments?

"I like playing in matches where the atmosphere is electric, and the stadium is full.  Our fans always push us forward, even in the tough moments in the match, they give encourage us and motivate us to play in our way."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/february/29/sasa-lukic-brighton-preview/

WhiteJC

Fulham And Nottingham Forest Have Eyes On Scotland Midfielder
Nottingham Forest and Fulham have their eyes on Bologna midfielder Lewis Ferguson ahead of next summer, it has been claimed in Italy.

Ferguson has grown from strength to strength since leaving Aberdeen to move to Italy with Bologna in 2022.

He is now a key member of their squad and his performances have led to interest from the big-wigs of Italian football.

He is one of the key targets for Juventus for the summer transfer window but Ferguson is also attracting interest from the Premier League.

According to the Turin-based daily Tuttosport (via Italian outlet ibianconero.com), Fulham and Nottingham Forest are considering a move for him in the summer.

The two Premier League clubs have recently emerged as potential destinations for Ferguson in the next transfer window.

The Scotland midfielder's progress in Italy has been noticed and he is now on their shortlist for the summer.

Bologna signed him for a fee of €4m but now could ask for as much as €25m before agreeing to sell him.

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/02/29/fulham-and-nottingham-forest-have-eyes-on-scotland-midfielder/638310/

WhiteJC

Notes from February meeting with FFC
On Wednesday 14 February 2024 at 13.30, the Fulham Supporters' Trust (FST) met with Fulham FC via video conference.

The Club was represented by:

Alistair Mackintosh (Chief Executive, AM)
    David Daly (Non-Executive Director, DD)
    Carmelo Mifsud (Communications Director, CM)
    Aimee McKenzie (Operations Director, AMc)
    John D'Arcy (Head of Safety, JD)
    Katy Brecht (Head of Ticketing, KB)
    Glenn Sutton (Chief Profit Officer, GS)
    Samuel Curteis (Supporter Relations Executive, SC)
    Matt Lowery, (Chief Marketing Officer, ML)
    Tim Griffith, (Head of Strategy & Insights, TG)

The FST was represented by:

Simon Duke (Chair, SD)
    Hayley Davinson (Board Member, HD)
    Steve Nicholson (Secretary, SN)
    Jakub Krupa (Board Member, JK)

HOW IT WORKS

At our regular monthly meetings, Trust board members normally ask questions relating to as many topics as possible in the time available, based on responses from members to the advance notification of the meeting and our own observations from interacting with the wider supporter base. The Club then gives its position, which is discussed. These notes are therefore a statement of both points of view. The Trust continues to press both the Board's and its members' view at this meeting and in separate meetings.

Often members ask similar questions, and, in these cases, we try to summarise, provide the Club with feedback and gain as much useful information as possible in the time available. We also prioritise new and time-critical topics, whilst also seeking updates on longer running issues.

You can access notes of all previous meetings on our web site, including the most recent information on key topics not covered at this meeting.

TOPICS DISCUSSED

The following topics were discussed:

Fulham v Liverpool
    Fulham v Newcastle
    Ground
    Ticketing
    Sustainability
    AOB

The Trust started the meeting by thanking the club for the annual Celebration Day. AM appreciated the words and said it was a meaningful date in the season. Many supporters always experience a challenging moment when they lose someone, and it is nice to come together to remember those loved ones.

The Trust continued by asking about the closing of the January transfer window and if the Club could share how they felt the window went. AM replied, saying that the market was generally very quiet. The only request from Marco was for a striker, which was supplied in the form of Armando Broja.

FULHAM v LIVERPOOL

The Trust continued the conversation concerning the recent crowd congestion ahead of the Liverpool game, particularly regarding the email dialogue from members and the broader Fulham supporter base on this subject. The Trust felt that the overall concern of fans at the evening's events did not correspond with the Club's views in their response to a communication sent by the Trust immediately post-game. Advance messaging summarising the feedback received was sent to meeting attendees, and the Club responded based on these messages. CM stated that there had been congestion for those arriving at the Liverpool game but objected to the use of the term crushing, which was also agreed by both internal and external observers at the game that evening, and that it was not unsafe. No one had been in any danger of injury, albeit it was accepted there was congestion.

JD continued to explain how the evening had unfolded from a safety perspective, insisting the congestion made it uncomfortable for some but not dangerous. From their review and analysis, up until 15 minutes before kick-off, all had been as expected, but many arrived late to the game. JD explained that they could delay kick-off if they felt that there was an issue and had the problems happen with 20 minutes remaining. They may have required this, but by 10 minutes, it was no longer deemed a problem sufficient to require a delay. No safety concerns were raised by the police or the EFL representative on the evening, Bob Eastwood.

It was confirmed that the leading cause of problems for those entering was the crowding queues that blocked access through Stevenage Road. With over 16,000 paper tickets issued for this game, the ability to access the ground would always be delayed due to the additional time required per ticket entry. This was further exacerbated by the attempted access to the ground with ticket holders using one of over 1000 counterfeit and non-valid tickets that the Club was able to reject and prevent entry successfully.

In all, the Club realised that these issues were problematic for those supporters unable to access the ground before kick-off, but that 91% had entered by kick-off at 8 PM, and 98% were then inside by 8:10 PM. Even with the use of their most extensive security operation to date at Craven Cottage, with over 500 staff members involved, it was frustrating that there were issues. Still, the Club felt that they did all they could within their powers to ensure as high a level of safety as possible, even if more was needed to ensure that all supporters were in their seats by the stated kick-off time. The added delay in the time each supporter took to access the stadium using a paper ticket significantly impacted this.

KB finished by stating that, by contrast, a usual Premier League game averages around 4,000 paper tickets and that the following FA Cup game against Newcastle had just under 9,000.

The Trust then asked about the possibility of having a window where season ticket holders can purchase their tickets and have them loaded onto their cards. This would only help when STHs wish to buy their seat, not those that like to try a different stand or seat for a cup match. KB replied that this would only solve a small part of the problem because many want to try other stands. For the possibility of a season ticket holder window, this would add significant time to build and then remove this accessibility for those fans, which is only possible when there is a long enough lead time from the announcement of a fixture to the date it is held, often more difficult with cup matches.

FULHAM V NEWCASTLE

The Trust moved the conversation on to the Newcastle home game, and similarly to that of the Liverpool game, had sent in advance a range of views and frustrations from Trust members and non-members about their decisions to attend and thoughts on this game. The Club stated they had nothing further to add to the comments made on the day. SD asked if it was possible to know how many season ticket holders didn't attend the game. KB replied that the Club can choose to disclose this information and will look into it outside of the meeting, sharing the information if agreed internally. The Trust said that they had not endorsed any boycott of matches to date.

GROUND

Ahead of the meeting, the Trust asked the Club questions from members relating to ground issues. Their responses were as follows:-

In the event of an emergency, it would be possible to open the gates at the Putney End of the Riverside stand to help with evacuation;
    It is expected the Riverside Putney End turnstiles will be brought into use when the available capacity of the stand is next increased;
    It is expected the riverside walk will also be opened when the available capacity of the Riverside stand is next increased;
    Safe standing is still under consideration but remains subject to finding a cost-effective solution. The main focus remains on getting the Riverside Stand complete. Other than safe standing, there are no plans to redevelop the Hammersmith or Putney ends.

TICKETING

SN started by asking if season ticket holders who know they cannot make a game can have advanced access to list on the ticket exchange before a game is sold out. KB said this was impossible; only once a game is sold out is the exchange open to use on either side – those wishing to re-sell their ticket or purchase.

Some members noted that the Everton game was listed as sold out, but multiple seats and areas of the ground looked empty. KB explained that this comprises season ticket no-shows, including Premier League partner tickets. It was noted that this was always more of an issue for weekday games.

ML explained that the Club does track the volume of no-shows but not individual tracking of attendance levels, but it can see if a ticket is regularly not being used. KB explained the work the Club does regularly and robustly to prevent third parties from using season tickets. Their active response to try and deter incorrect use involved blocking 30 tickets for an upcoming game this morning to ensure that home fans are using them. From the point of sale to fulfillment, it was shown that the tickets were being tracked. Recently, the Club has had membership packages returned, clearly implying an incorrect address was supplied, and is using this information to find rogue memberships. KB and her team also connect with other Premier League ticket offices to see if similar names or strategies are used. SD suggested that sometimes people without a booking history may be able to purchase still but are not aware the Club would consider selling to them. KB assured the Trust that the Club does everything possible to encourage people to buy directly from the club rather than resale sites. They had recently rejected some ticket purchases for the Bournemouth game due to the Bournemouth postcodes used to purchase the tickets.

SN then asked for clarification on tickets distributed for free to people for the Newcastle game. The Club confirmed that no such distribution took place and that the only distribution of this type that the Club does is via groups such as Tickets for Troops and through the Fulham Foundation for League matches.

SN then asked about the reservation ticket window for season ticket holders. KB explained that this all depends on the turnaround time from the announcement of a match to the date of occurrence. They aim to be around two weeks, then need to apply the reservations to season tickets, then clear down before putting seats on general sale. It was explained that the Club sells the most tickets when seats aren't reserved.

SN then explained the levels of concern sent in by fans on the possible increases to season ticket pricing for next season and asked if there was any way for the Club to offer the Trust guidance on what to expect. AM explained that it is difficult to have any pre-announcement because many people are always involved, and decisions still need to be made. It is only possible to share information once any work has happened to make these decisions, as it cannot be preempted. He also commented that next season's pricing had yet to be considered.

The Club is aware of the difference that is being referenced between those older season ticket prices and newer ones within the same block, and a number of 25% being referenced, which it was repeatedly noted is a number that the Trust is the only group that has mentioned directly to ownership, this has never come from the Club. For clarity, SD confirmed the Trust is only suggesting that if the Club looks to make next year's season ticket renewal price that which would have been paid for a new ticket this season (as has been the case recently), it would equate to a 25% increase.

SN asked if there was any idea when the season ticket pricing information would be announced. The Club will look to update as soon as possible and work ideally to a similar time of last season [late April], but this is not confirmed.

SUSTAINABILITY

HD then asked some member questions about sustainability, relating directly to the recent revival of clappers at games and having a flamethrower at the start of the Liverpool match. AMc confirmed that the clappers used for the last two seasons are fully recyclable. The flames are considered part of a full review of making matchdays entertaining and sustainable, and the Club is currently undertaking a waste review as part of plans to improve this experience. This will include the possible upgrades and changes to bins and the installation of eco-cups.

TG then confirmed that the Sustainability hub for the Club is now live on the Fulham FC website.

AOB

In a final couple of AOB queries from members, CM explained that the lack of programme sellers in the Riverside Stand is due to connectivity issues for the PDQ machines, which until the full stadium is upgraded in this area, it is tough to increase sellers. To mitigate this, it was explained that the fixed units within the stand are all places to purchase a matchday programme.

Regarding a question on benches and folding seats for those with mobility issues wishing to spend longer pre-match in the stadium but needing to sit, AMc said they would look into this with builder group Portview as previously seats were available. Still, these may require movement to more accessible places for people to use them.

JK asked if there were any updates on the request for secure bike parking. AMc will report back as this requires a follow-up ask from the team.

SD closed the meeting with a final question about the launch of Fulham's Fan Advisory Board (FAB) CM stated that by early next week, it will be possible to share with the Trust to launch publicly next week, too. The process will involve fans being able to apply through a portal, and an internal club assessment will decide those deemed suitable for the Board.

The meeting closed at 14.30.

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2024/02/notes-from-february-meeting-with-ffc-5/

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Brighton team news - 2 doubts and 8 outs as Seagulls handed season-ending blow
Fulham look to build on Old Trafford triumph against Brighton at Craven Cottage on Saturday.

Fulham will look to build on the euphoria of a 97th-minute Alex Iwobi winner against Manchester United at Old Trafford when Brighton visit Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon.

Marco Silva's side were powered by Calvin Bassey and Iwobi against the Red Devils having missed the stars while on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations. The Cottagers are still without key men but have now lost just one of their last five Premier League outings after a tricky start to 2024.

Fulham welcome Brighton to the banks of the Thames this weekend and the Seagulls have a lengthy list of injury issues including the impressive Kaoru Mitoma, who was ruled out for the rest of the season this week.

1. Willian - DOUBT
Was 'assessed' ahead of Manchester United but missed out with a thigh injury.

2. Joao Palhinha - OUT
Serving his suspension for accumulating too many yellow cards - will be back next weekend.

3. Raul Jimenez - OUT
Not expected back until the end of March due to a hamstring injury.

4. Evan Ferguson - DOUBT
Is touch and go for the meeting with Fulham due to an ankle problem.

5. Joao Pedro - OUT
Roberto De Zerbi said the striker will be absent for 'two to three weeks' with a hamstring problem.

6. James Milner - OUT
Given the same time frame as Joao Pedro.

7. Solly March - OUT
Sidelined with a serious knee injury.

8. Jack Hinshelwood - OUT
Had surgery on a foot stress fracture earlier this year but could return before the end of the season.

9. Billy Gilmour - OUT
Suspended having picked up a red card against Everton last weekend.

10. Kaoru Mitoma - OUT
Set to miss the rest of the season with an ankle injury.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/fulham-vs-brighton-team-news-2-doubts-and-8-outs-as-seagulls-handed-season-ending-blow-4538432

WhiteJC

'Made my life so easy'... Bobby Zamora hails former Fulham star for his pinpoint passing
Fulham hero Bobby Zamora has heaped praise on former teammate Chris Baird for his passing ability.

Not to make any of our readers feel old, but we are fast approaching 14 years since Fulham's incredible Europa League run.

Roy Hodgson guided Fulham all the way from the third qualifying round to the final in one of the finest seasons many fans will experience.

Vetra, Amkar Perm, CSKA Sofia, Basel, Roma, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, Wolfsburg and Hamburg all stood in Fulham's way but couldn't stop the run to the final.

It wasn't to be for Fulham in that final as Atletico Madrid took home the trophy in a 2-1 victory in Hamburg.

That Fulham side will live long in the memory though and Bobby Zamora has now praised one of his old teammates from that team...

Bobby Zamora hails Chris Baird
Zamora has been speaking on the Fulham Fix Podcast and drew attention to former defender Chris Baird.

Baird joined Fulham from Southampton way back in 2007 and went on to become a solid and dependable first-team player.

The Northern Irishman turned out more than 150 times for Fulham before moving on to Reading in 2013.

A versatile defender, Baird was underrated and flew under the radar whilst others took the plaudits.

Zamora has now praised Baird for his passing ability, suggesting that he could pick him out wherever he wanted the ball.

Zamora noted that Baird made his life easy in the Fulham attack, pinging balls from back to front with great accuracy.

The former Fulham hitman added that Baird would do a job no matter where he was deployed – defence, midfield, it didn't matter.

Zamora praised Baird for being a solid performer in a Fulham shirt having seemingly loved playing alongside him at Craven Cottage.

"Bairdy, that guy could find me," said Zamora. "If I want it on that button there, 'yeah yeah, no worries mate', 60 yards, right there. Made my life so easy."

"He'd jump in at right back, centre half, centre midfield, right midfield, anywhere it is that you want him, he can play and do a job as well," he added.

Baird even ended up coming back to Fulham in 2016, returning for another stint to help the club avoid relegation from the Championship.

Fulham fans will surely share Zamora's love for Baird having seen him play such a fine role during his time in West London.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/02/29/made-my-life-so-easy-bobby-zamora-hails-former-fulham-star-for-his-pinpoint-passing/

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham vs. Brighton & Hove Albion - prediction, team news, lineups
After crashing out of the FA Cup in midweek, Brighton & Hove Albion will look to return to winning ways in the Premier League when they face a resurgent Fulham side at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon.

The two teams meet for the first time since the end of October when they played out a 1-1 draw at the American Express Stadium.

Match preview
Fulham ended their miserable 11-game winless away run in the Premier League in surprising yet impressive fashion as they beat Manchester United 2-1 last weekend – their first triumph at Old Trafford since 2003.

It was a day to remember for Nigerian duo Calvin Bassey and Alex Iwobi, who were both on the scoresheet in the second half; the former of whom had his first Fulham goal cancelled out by Harry Maguire in the 89th minute, but Iwobi snatched maximum points for the Cottagers with a dramatic 97th-minute winner.

Marco Silva lauded his side's "strong mentality" in a "well-deserved" victory at Old Trafford, but they still remain in 12th place in the Premier League table, five points behind Newcastle United in 10th and six adrift of ninth-placed Wolverhampton Wanderers, who they will face in a weeks' time.

Fulham, who are looking to win back-to-back league matches for just the second time this season, will welcome a return to Craven Cottage where they have accumulated 22 of their 32 points in the top flight this term, winning seven games out of 13 in the process.

The Cottagers can be confident of claiming a positive result on Saturday as they have never lost a Premier League game against Brighton in seven meetings, winning three times and drawing four – only against Norwich City have they played more matches against an opponent without losing.

Brighton were unable to progress to their second successive FA Cup quarter-final after they suffered a narrow 1-0 away defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers in the fifth round on Wednesday night.

Despite boasting 72% possession, the Seagulls lacked a cutting edge in the final third as they fired only two of their 18 shots on target, and the closely-fought contest was ultimately settled by Mario Lemina's close-range strike after just 79 seconds.

Roberto De Zerbi was left to rue the plethora of missed opportunities at Molineux, but the Italian boss has still taken plenty of positives from the performance of his youthful Brighton side as the club continues to battle with a long injury list.

The Seagulls are sure to have one eye on their Europa League last-16 tie with Roma later this month, but they must first shift their focus to an important trip to Fulham as they endeavour to consolidate their place in the top seven and potentially edge closer to sixth-placed Man United, who face rivals Manchester City on Sunday.

Brighton's away form in London leaves a little to be desired as they have failed to win any of their five matches in the capital this season, while they have also lost two of their last there Premier League visits to Craven Cottage, having previously won three away games in a row at Fulham whilst competing in the Championship between 2014 and 2016.

Fulham Premier League form:

L    D    D    W    L    W

Fulham form (all competitions):

L    D    D    W    L    W

Brighton & Hove Albion Premier League form:

D    L    W    L    W    D

Brighton & Hove Albion form (all competitions):

L    W    L    W    D    L

Team News
Fulham striker Raul Jimenez remains sidelined with a thigh problem, while Willian (thigh) and Harrison Reed (head) will be assessed ahead of kickoff – the latter of whom sustained his injury in the second half against Man United.

Joao Palhinha – who scored against Brighton earlier this season – will serve the second and final match of a two-game suspension, but Sasa Lukic impressed as his replacement last weekend and will likley keep his spot; Tom Cairney, meanwhile, could replace Reed if he is not deemed fit to start.

Silva could stick with the same back four and attacking quartet that began against Man United, although the likes of Tim Ream, Adama Traore and Armando Broja will all be pushing to start.

As for Brighton, Kaoru Mitoma (back,) Solly March (knee), Jack Hinshelwood (foot), Joao Pedro and James Milner (both thigh) all remain sidelined with injuries, although the latter two are targeting a return later this month.

Billy Gilmour is also unavailable as he will serve the second of his three-match suspension this weekend, but De Zerbi is hopeful that Tariq Lamptey (unspecified), Joel Veltman (knee) and Evan Ferguson (ankle) will all be back in contention to face Fulham.

January signing Valentin Barco was handed his Brighton debut as a second-half substitute in midweek and the Argentine teenager is in contention to play as either a left-back or left-winger on Saturday, while Bart Verbruggen, Adam Webster, Carlos Baleba, Adam Lallana and Danny Welbeck will all be pushing to start after beginning on the bench last time out.

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Leno; Castagne, Tosin, Bassey, Robinson; Reed, Lukic; Wilson, Pereira, Iwobi; Muniz

Brighton & Hove Albion possible starting lineup:
Verbruggen; Lamptey, Van Hecke, Dunk, Estupinan; Gross, Baleba; Adingra, Lallana, Buonanotte; Welbeck

We say: Fulham 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion
There has been little to separate these two teams in recent years and another closely-contested encounter could be on the cards this weekend, although Fulham boast the psychological edge considering their unbeaten Premier League record over Brighton.

Neither side will be at full strength, but we believe that the Cottagers may just do enough to follow up their impressive with at Man United with another triumph over a Seagulls outfit who have won just two of their last 11 away league matches.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/preview/preview-fulham-vs-brighton-prediction-team-news-lineups_537854.html?cQx=NN&newsnow

WhiteJC

Wijndal? Fulham and West Ham dodged a real bullet as Antwerp loanee from Ajax...
Any Fulham supporter observing Owen Wijndal in Royal Antwerp's 3-0 cup semifinal win over minnows KV Oostende will have reached the same conclusion: bullet dodged.

And maybe the West Ham faithful will just feel as relieved. Because the Hammers were the first London team to be heavily linked with the left-back, albeit in summer 2022 when his stock was high following a memorable breakthrough campaign with AZ Alkmaar.

Yet a disastrous season at Ajax forced many people into rethinking and perhaps retracting their rosy statements.

Tonight showed why, with all due respect, he's in Belgium and not in the Premier League. Not that it was needed, as his zero assists in 27 season outings reflect. Only two seasons ago he had made 10 goals AZ Alkmaar. But that's history.

Based on tonight's game alone, Wijndal game across as lethargic, sterile and especially predictable. He never took more than two touches which was followed up by a progressive pass and an overlapping run into central areas rather than pulling outside. But guess what? The Oostende defenders sussed him out quickly while the Antwerp playing ignored him and always looked for other passing options.

It would be interesting to see a more expansive side to his game, direct play and incisiveness. And if he is to get anyway it would be in his interest to ditch this low-risk approach.

Still only 24, he has to get a lot better with and without the ball. Or else he could up like Ricardo Van Rhijn, a fellow highly-rated fullback who lost his way as his career progressed. Equally, the right-back also left Ajax in his mid-twenties for Belgium in 2016 where his career fizzled before he knew it. Dutch players falling off the radars has been the order of the day in the last decade. And Wijndal could go down the same route as a number of his countrymen including Richedly Bazoer, Jairo Riedewald, Ricardo Kishna and so on.

His stats don't fill you with a lot of confidence and neither does his lazy approach to games or lack of ingenuity.

With only three games to go (and the playoffs A if Antwerp stay in the top-four) he should use that time to maybe force his way back at a bang average Ajax side next season.

As for English football, forget our top-division London sides. For now, he can aspire for something like Millwall or Watford at best.

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/wijndal-fulham-and-west-ham-dodged-a-real-bullet-as-antwerp-loanee-from-ajax