watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham are the best team outside of the top 5

Started by Nick Bateman, March 04, 2024, 10:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

With players like Muniz, Lukic and DeCordova-Reid stepping up, we have gained three players who would grace any team, while we have Bassey, Tosin, Wilson, Cairney and one of the best goalies in the EPL.

Every player in Fulham is on form. We could easily have destroyed Brighton 5-0. Brighton are not a weak team. Fulham defeated Manchester United recently on their patch, even our fans outsung the Stretford End. We outplayed and beat Arsenal, the last team to do this.

Manager Marco Silva is also showing he is one of the best managers in football. His tactics work! Fulham play clean, pacey football that is easy on the eye and effective. Our offside trap is organized unlike as witnessed by teams like Luton who failed to keep in line. Fulham are the blueprint for other teams to follow.

Our squad looks better than Man.U's, who bring on players like Forson while Fulham have Adama Traore, a "Mike Tyson" in Fulham colours.

Apart from the corrupt refs, Fulham have nothing to fear. I can see us finishing in the top 7 and a possible UEFA place.

It's never been better to be a Fulham fan right now.  ::scarf::
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

DadCreature

Love the optimism.   So very un-Fulhamish

..FOF..

Chase the Top 7 definitely.

Although, one game at a time by jumping over Wolves next.

Adama would love this, but I hope Silva remains level headed and uses him as a proven supersub.... unless of course, he have really proven himself to be able to perform a full 90min.

filham

Hold on a bit Nick, yes we have hit a low injury period and a purple patch but we all know that with some bad luck at Wolves it could come crushing down. Lets take it match by match until the end of the season and if then we are in the top half of the table sing the teams praises from the roof top of the new stand.

H4usuallysitting

Doubt if Adama is fully match fit...but Wolves will know....bring him on for 15/20 minutes and he's a nightmare

Rupert

If we were the best team outside the top five then we would be sixth, yes?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Surlyc

Quote from: Rupert on March 05, 2024, 11:54:40 AMIf we were the best team outside the top five then we would be sixth, yes?
If the season started on 28 December (i.e. with the Arsenal game) we would currently be sixth.

We've been in much better form beginning with the Arsenal game and on the current form table (last 8 games or so), we've been performing at a much higher level.

All that said, this thread is just the reverse of (and just as bad as) the "can't see us getting another point" threads we had 2 months ago. Football is nothing with the fickleness of fans! ::wine::

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Rupert on March 05, 2024, 11:54:40 AMIf we were the best team outside the top five then we would be sixth, yes?

Oh Rupert.... don't spoil it.... mentally I've got us in the top 3

LC

With a fully fit squad and Muniz finding his feet we are probably top 7/8 team. But we are a little too far behind but let's see if we can catch them.

If we can keep our best players in the summer and add a few new players to improve the first team, we have a real shout for a top 7 finish next season and hopefully another cup run

Nick Bateman

The points gap is significant. I see West Ham in a false position whereas Man.United will probably pick up enough points to keep them up there. West Ham were completely outplayed by Everton but somehow won.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

Quote from: LC on March 05, 2024, 03:34:31 PMWith a fully fit squad and Muniz finding his feet we are probably top 7/8 team. But we are a little too far behind but let's see if we can catch them.

If we can keep our best players in the summer and add a few new players to improve the first team, we have a real shout for a top 7 finish next season and hopefully another cup run
We now have depth in the squad and are performing well . To improve we have to go up in player quality to a top siX standard player, that is not easy and would cost big bUcks. We will do well to maintain a miD table position.

LC

Quote from: filham on March 05, 2024, 05:31:25 PM
Quote from: LC on March 05, 2024, 03:34:31 PMWith a fully fit squad and Muniz finding his feet we are probably top 7/8 team. But we are a little too far behind but let's see if we can catch them.

We now have depth in the squad and are performing well . To improve we have to go up in player quality to a top siX standard player, that is not easy and would cost big bUcks. We will do well to maintain a miD table position.

Not necessarily, and in fact I disagree with that. Brighton haven't spent big bucks to compete in the top 7. At this stage we are better off using our budget to buy 1 or 2 players, or search different leagues including lower league English clubs for players

Angus Telford

Quote from: Surlyc on March 05, 2024, 12:32:19 PMIf the season started on 28 December (i.e. with the Arsenal game) we would currently be sixth.

If it started on 24 Feb we'd be joint top

Twig

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 05, 2024, 06:48:12 PM
Quote from: Surlyc on March 05, 2024, 12:32:19 PMIf the season started on 28 December (i.e. with the Arsenal game) we would currently be sixth.

If it started on 24 Feb we'd be joint top

Lol, all these big ifs. Fact is we are the 12th best thus far this season. We might move up a notch or two over the remainder of the season and I sincerely hope we do. However, I do not buy arguments the teams are either flattered or the opposite by their current positions. Each team has already played 26 or 27 games and imo they are where they are due to; the strength and depth of their squads, the quality of management/ coaching and even their ability to manage/ prevent injuries. Every team will look pants one week and champion material another, it's only the long haul that counts.

hovewhite

OP love positively,and it's in our hands with the present CBs in form backed by leno.midfield wise Lukic in form with Jao to come back a great unit .up front Broja can't get in.wilson,traore,and Willian a good assessment by the OP led by Marco the master tactician all brilliant for Fulham.

Cobh Fulham Fan

I predicted about 3 months ago that we'll finish around 8th this season and Im sticking with that.  If I'm proved wrong, it will be because we finish in 7th position.

General

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 04, 2024, 10:15:35 PMIt's never been better to be a Fulham fan right now.  ::scarf::

That would be an almost impossible thing to accomplish as the here and now has never been before.

It was better under Roy the year we a actually came 7th and then the year after when we did get into Europe and got to the final.. 

We could be on the way to a similar purple patch but have a fair few games to play first.

There are correlations though between squads.

A top GK who played at a higher level before stepping down (schwarzer was in a good boro team who got to the uefa league final).

A marauding LB,Konch and Robinson.

A very solid CB pairing, bassey and Tosin.

A couple of wingers that have been around for a while and are coming into their own again or finding the form of their career.. Willian and Adama - Duff and Davies/Gera

A striker with strong ability to hold up play.. muniz/zamora.. or who's refinding form like Jimenez.

An eloquent and strong character as manager and very good man manager.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: General on March 06, 2024, 05:41:23 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 04, 2024, 10:15:35 PMIt's never been better to be a Fulham fan right now.  ::scarf::

That would be an almost impossible thing to accomplish as the here and now has never been before.

It was better under Roy the year we a actually came 7th and then the year after when we did get into Europe and got to the final.. 

We could be on the way to a similar purple patch but have a fair few games to play first.

There are correlations though between squads.

A top GK who played at a higher level before stepping down (schwarzer was in a good boro team who got to the uefa league final).

A marauding LB,Konch and Robinson.

A very solid CB pairing, bassey and Tosin.

A couple of wingers that have been around for a while and are coming into their own again or finding the form of their career.. Willian and Adama - Duff and Davies/Gera

A striker with strong ability to hold up play.. muniz/zamora.. or who's refinding form like Jimenez.

An eloquent and strong character as manager and very good man manager.

We may have been more successful under Roy but the style of play is easier on the eye now.