watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, March 08, 2024, 04:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Ok we have loosely kicked around different options for attack and defense to our hearts content in another thread but now it is make your mind up time for our line up against Wolves.

Leno
                               Tete      Tosin      Bassy      Robinson

Cairney        Palhinha
                                                   Periera
                                       Wilson                  Willian.
                                                  Muniz
                 60 minute impact subs  Iwobi   Traore   

A tiring Wolves defense could colapse in the last half hour under that injection of power and pace.       

WindyCity

I would start Iwobi.  He brings so much chaos and plays all over the place and creates a lot.  Sadly, one of Wilson or Willian start on the bench, likely Willian.  Willian can be the impact off the bench sub.

JMHO....I think Iwobi right now is our best offensive player.  Prefer him on the field as much as possible.

SerbianLad

This is the toughest squad choice I had to make so far this season, with pretty much everyone available.

That being said, I'd probablygo with:

Leno
Castagne Tosin Bassey Robinson
        Lukic Palhinha
     Iwobi Andreas Willian
            Muniz

Bench: Rodak, Tete, Diop, Reed, Cairney, Adama, BDR, Wilson, Broja

Toughest decisions imo:

1) Who to drop for Palhina, Reed or Lukic? I think Palhinha-Lukic partnership has a lot of potential and Lukic hardly got a chance in his favored number 8 position. I also think he performed slightly better than Reed over the last two matches although both were superb in my opinion. With all that in mind, I went with Lukic. I guess TC could also come back in the 11, but it would be even more unfair to drop both of Lukic/Reed. I also like what TC offers us when he comes of the bench, whereas Lukic and Reed offer far less off the bench, imo.

2) Who misses out of Iwobi/Willian/Wilson/Andreas. This one was the toughest decision of all the tough decisions for me. We played better with Iwobi than without him in pretty every game this season and Willian is our best player, imo. Andreas is important for his pressing as well as set pieces and creating chances. He's one of the most crucial players for the way we play. That's why I put Wilson on the bench in the end, even though he was arguably our best player against Brighton (I'd say Muniz was the only one who was better probably).

3) Which two of FBT/Tete/Diop/Ream aren't on the bench. Tete should be starting in my opinion, and the only reason I didn't put him in the starting 11 is that Castagne has been playing really well and deserves to keep his place, so Tete is the obvios choice to be on the bench. I really like FBT and I hope we buy him in the summer if he's interested in that, I really like what I've seen so far from him. Unfortunately for him though, both Bassey and Castagne can play leftback so it makes most sense to leave him out of the squad. I like Ream, but prefer Diop, especiallly in a game agaainst a team like Wolves who have a lot of pace up front. So that's why I went with Tete and Diop in the end.

Al-Fayed

Leno
Castagne Tosin Bassey Robinson
        Palhinha Cairney
     Iwobi Andreas Willian
            Muniz

WhiteJC

tough on Harrison but as he's now available I couldn't leave Palhinha on the bench

when Raul is fully fit it'll be interesting who to drop?

cottage expat

Quote from: WindyCity on March 08, 2024, 04:50:21 PMI would start Iwobi.  He brings so much chaos and plays all over the place and creates a lot.  Sadly, one of Wilson or Willian start on the bench, likely Willian.  Willian can be the impact off the bench sub.

JMHO....I think Iwobi right now is our best offensive player.  Prefer him on the field as much as possible.

I agree. Start Iwobi and Wilson with Willian as sub.

peachcobbler

Leno
                               Castagne  Tosin      Bassey      Robinson

Lukic           Palhinha
                                                   Periera
                                       Wilson                  Iwobi
                                                  Muniz

Chi_FFC

Palhinha for Reed, otherwise the same as Brighton for me. I'd wanted Willian in for Wilson last week and am glad Silva saw things differently. Harry's a player who can have hot streaks, so I'd keep him in the starting lineup for at least another week. 

Arthur

I think Silva will leave the starting XI unchanged from last week. I think he'll bring Palhinha on as a substitute, and Joao will be given his place back in the starting line-up for the match against Spurs.

Twig

Quote from: filham on March 08, 2024, 04:43:04 PMOk we have loosely kicked around different options for attack and defense to our hearts content in another thread but now it is make your mind up time for our line up against Wolves.

Leno

Cairney        Palhinha
                                                   Periera
                                                  Muniz

A tiring Wolves defense could colapse in the last half hour under that injection of power and power.

Same for me.

LC

I would go with:

Leno
  Tete Tosin Bassey Robinson
    Palhinha Cairney
   Wilson Iwobi Willian
          Muniz

I think it's time Andreas had a day off so I would move Iwobi into the middle. Probably bring Wilson off and bring on Andreas in the second half and move Iwobi out wide. That gives us plenty of other impact subs to mix things up if needed 

Whitestone

I think Silva's biggest dilemma will be whether he should break up the Reed/Lukic partnership to accommodate Palhinha. Then there is also an argument to start Cairney. Tough decisions. I look forward to seeing the starting lineup.

Deeping_white

Wolves' strength is probably at CM and their LW, probably want Palhinha in there to combat Lemina alongside Lukic to allow us to carry the ball forward. Also wouldn't be dropping either Pereira or Iwobi for this one because we need legs in midfield. Potentially I'd bring in Willian for Wilson if he's fully fit, mainly because I think Wilson at RW will offer us less defensively up against Pedro Neto and Iwobi will cover Castagne better to nullify the threat

perry geyton

Quote from: filham on March 08, 2024, 04:43:04 PMOk we have loosely kicked around different options for attack and defense to our hearts content in another thread but now it is make your mind up time for our line up against Wolves.

Leno

Cairney        Palhinha
                                                   Periera
                                                  Muniz

A tiring Wolves defense could colapse in the last half hour under that injection of power and pace.       

Works for me and yeah I agree Tete needs a run out
We don't need him
Leaving

perry geyton

Quote from: LC on March 08, 2024, 08:07:05 PMI would go with:

Leno
  Tete Tosin Bassey Robinson
    Palhinha Cairney
   Wilson Iwobi Willian
          Muniz

I think it's time Andreas had a day off so I would move Iwobi into the middle. Probably bring Wilson off and bring on Andreas in the second half and move Iwobi out wide. That gives us plenty of other impact subs to mix things up if needed 
Actually yes this