https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in vs Wolves

Started by SerbianLad, March 09, 2024, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Unchanged!

LC

I would have personally had Palhinha and Cairney back in. I guess he's rewarding previous weeks performances, hopefully that works out today.

SerbianLad

Wolves team.

btffc

Wild to see Palhinha on the bench but Marco typically won't change a winning side so hard to criticize

Drewry66

The best bench Fulham have ever had in the premier league? 15 million Diop can't get in the match day squad as well. People who say our recruitment is absolutely dreadful? If we can keep Tosin/JP and spend circa £80 million on 3 absolute top quality players we could go to another level next year.

filham

Hard to agree with Cairney ,Palhinha and Willian on the bench but we could give Wolves a nasty shock with 60 minute substitutes.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: btffc on March 09, 2024, 02:04:41 PMWild to see Palhinha on the bench but Marco typically won't change a winning side so hard to criticize

I'll criticize it. And it's probably just about my only criticism of Marco (that and he sometimes waits too long to make substitutions). I just don't like leaving probably your best player on the bench (who's only missed the last two matches because of yellow card accumulation) in favor of a guy who's been decent but no more while Joao's been out. 

General

Beat Man Utd and Brighton and people are complaining that we should change the team.

Lukic has only just, for the first time in his Fulham career started to get a run of games together and show his ability and people are automatically trying to get rid instead of see whether he'd grow and get even better?

I think we're lucky yo have four good CMs and there's nothing wrong with resting a player who's played most matches this season for one who hasn't and when he has played has hardly put a foot wrong.

I'm relaxed with the team and happy to trust marcos insights that none of us have.

I will say though that out of our four CMs, it's a tight call, but I'm still least convinced about Cairney. He's done great for us, and has got better at a PL level, but he's getting older and I see Reed, Palhinha and to  lesser degree Lukic ahead of him.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: General on March 09, 2024, 02:27:34 PMBeat Man Utd and Brighton and people are complaining that we should change the team.

Lukic has only just, for the first time in his Fulham career started to get a run of games together and show his ability and people are automatically trying to get rid instead of see whether he'd grow and get even better?

I think we're lucky yo have four good CMs and there's nothing wrong with resting a player who's played most matches this season for one who hasn't and when he has played has hardly put a foot wrong.

I'm relaxed with the team and happy to trust marcos insights that none of us have.

I will say though that out of our four CMs, it's a tight call, but I'm still least convinced about Cairney. He's done great for us, and has got better at a PL level, but he's getting older and I see Reed, Palhinha and to  lesser degree Lukic ahead of him.
Totally agree. And good to know that in addition to today's bench we have Diop and Raul to factor in.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SerbianLad

Quote from: General on March 09, 2024, 02:27:34 PMLukic has only just, for the first time in his Fulham career started to get a run of games together and show his ability and people are automatically trying to get rid instead of see whether he'd grow and get even better?
Joao could have been in for Reed. Although I think it would have been harsh to drop either one of them. I personaly would have played Palhinha-Lukic duo, but I can see Marco's thinking as well. Hopefully both Reed and Lukic have good games again.

H4usuallysitting

I like it....flip me.... that's a very decent bench

Nick Bateman

Wonder when Broja will get a game?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Grassy Noel

I like the idea of 'if it ain't broke then don't bother trying to fix it' but these are men not machines. However what if Palhinha gets a yellow card in the first ten minutes from a homer ref? That would concentrate the minds a bit. I like the idea of seeing him come on later to shore up a win!

RaySmith

Lukic deserves to keep his place, as does Reed.

Twig

Personally I see this as misplaced loyalty. Palhinha and Cairney for Reed and Lukic gives us so much more. And although I like Iwobi a lot I would prefer to see a rested Willian start.

perry geyton

Interesting he's making JP watch, I respect that decision

LittleErn

Quote from: Chi_FFC on March 09, 2024, 02:17:42 PM
Quote from: btffc on March 09, 2024, 02:04:41 PMWild to see Palhinha on the bench but Marco typically won't change a winning side so hard to criticize

I'll criticize it. And it's probably just about my only criticism of Marco (that and he sometimes waits too long to make substitutions). I just don't like leaving probably your best player on the bench (who's only missed the last two matches because of yellow card accumulation) in favor of a guy who's been decent but no more while Joao's been out. 

I would agree if I was confident that Palinha was staying with us for next year, but otherwise we need to give game time to his likely replacement(s).

howitis

Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2024, 02:59:34 PMPersonally I see this as misplaced loyalty. Palhinha and Cairney for Reed and Lukic gives us so much more. And although I like Iwobi a lot I would prefer to see a rested Willian start.

proved so right. Lukic and Reed offered nothing this game ..

jayffc

Quote from: howitis on March 09, 2024, 05:05:49 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 09, 2024, 02:59:34 PMPersonally I see this as misplaced loyalty. Palhinha and Cairney for Reed and Lukic gives us so much more. And although I like Iwobi a lot I would prefer to see a rested Willian start.

Its not Lukic and Reeds fault we werent 2-3 nil up at half time as we should have been.

We were the better team

SerbianLad

Quote from: howitis on March 09, 2024, 05:05:49 PM

Disagree competely. Lukic and Reed were two of our better players, alongside Bassey and Iwobi. Problem was the general sloppiness of the whole team and poor finishing.