West Ham   
2-2
   Burnley
Liverpool   
1-1
   Man City

WhiteJC

Italian giants AC Milan keeping tabs on Fulham central defender Tosin
Italian giants AC Milan are reportedly keeping tabs on Fulham central defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

Calciomercato has reported that AC Milan are in the market for a central defender and have Tosin on their radar.

Other candidates being considered for the center back role include Torino's  Alessandro Buongiorno and Bournemouth's Lloyd Kelly.

Tosin was offered to the Rossoneri in the January transfer window but discussions have not advanced in recent weeks.

The Manchester City academy graduate has approximately three months remaining on his contract with Fulham and if they don't tie him down to a new deal, he will leave the club as a free agent in the off-season.

The Cottagers are keen on retaining Tosin but there has been no positive feedback from the Nigerian Federation target as of now.

Since landing at the Londoners from boyhood club Manchester City, he has appeared in 126 matches across all competitions and has four goals to his name.

Top-flight clubs in France and England are also monitoring the situation of Tosin with a view to signing him as a free agent at the end of the season.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=50752

WhiteJC

'It's really strange'... Marco Silva spotted something odd about Fulham display v Wolves
Fulham boss Marco Silva has admitted being a little baffled with the performance against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday afternoon.

Fulham headed to Molineux in high spirits after two impressive wins.

A 2-1 victory at Manchester United was followed up with a 3-0 home win over Brighton and Hove Albion with Fulham impressive in both games.

However, Fulham fell flat away at Wolves after squandering great chances through Harry Wilson and Tosin Adarabioyo.

Rayan Ait-Nouri and Nelson Semedo put Wolves 2-0 up before Alex Iwobi pulled one back late on for Fulham.

This was a huge disappointment after such impressive displays of late and boss Silva seemed a little bemused.

Marco Silva on Fulham display
Silva told Fulham's official website that he really didn't like how Fulham started the game and made it clear at half-time that they needed to play 'completely different' to start the second half.

Instead, Wolves took the lead just seven minutes into the second half and almost immediately put Fulham on the back foot.

Silva felt that the start to the second half was 'really strange' because the message had been 'reinforced' at the break.

Silva wanted Fulham to start quicker after half-time and dominate possession, but felt Fulham played in the 'opposite' manner.

Going 2-0 down effectively killed it off and Fulham just couldn't get back into the game, leaving Silva frustrated.

"I was not happy with the way we started the first-half, the first five minutes, and I told the players that we had to start the second-half completely different," said Silva. "It was something that we reinforced at half-time and it's really strange the way we started the second-half because we were aware that we had to start much quicker with much more of the ball."

"The reality was that we started the complete opposite of how we should and they punished us. We did create chances but it was much more difficult after 2-0," he added.

Fulham created more than enough chances to get something out of this game.

23 shots compared to Wolves' eight, seven shots on target compared to Wolves' three; this game was there for Fulham to win.

Silva seemingly believes that the start to each half was the main factor but just a little more sharpness in the final third could have at least earned Fulham a point.

It wasn't to be though and Fulham must now look to get back on track against Tottenham Hotspur next weekend.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/03/10/its-really-strange-marco-silva-spotted-something-odd-about-fulham-display-v-wolves/

WhiteJC

Saltdean shatter Fulham's promotion dream
Fulham's feint hopes of promotion went up in smoke after Saltdean United produced a flawless away display to secure a 1-0 win at a wet Motspur Park this afternoon.

The Whites had the better of the first half, but struggled to overly extend Blair Hamilton in the United goal, and fell behind immediately after the resumption when the impressive Paula Howells seized upon a poor backpass from Ella Tagliavini to give the visitors the lead. Steve Jaye substituted Tagliavini and skipper Mary Southgate in search of an equaliser but, despite a lengthy period of stoppage time played due to two injuries, Fulham couldn't find a leveller.

The hosts looked to make a swift start with Rebecca Barron-Clark's third minute cross finding Sasha Adamson only for her header to drift off target. Wing-back Madi Parsonson's shot was well held by Hamilton, who then made a diving stop to deny Georgia Heasman. Saltdean weren't parking the bus, however, with Howells testing Frankie Gibbs' reflexes early on, and Georgia Bridges only inches away from getting on the end of a bright ball from Howells.

Saltdean's disciplined defence restricted Fulham to long range efforts as a tight half drew to a close with Hamilton equal to an Adamson shot ten minutes before the break. The visitors were gifted a dream start to the second period when a dreadful back pass from Ella Tagliavini allowed Howells to open the scoring a minute after the restart with the simplest of finishes. Hill could easily have doubled Saltdean's lead ten minutes later but skied her shot over the bar when clean through on Gibbs.

Fulham began to put pressure on the Saltdean goal in the final quarter of the contest but Hamilton stood firm in the Saltdean goal. She held efforts from Lambird and Heasman before substitute Cat Beaver blazed over in the first minute of added time.

FULHAM FC WOMEN (3-4-3): Gibbs; Dale, Tagliavini, Southgate; Parsonson, Bird, Barron-Clarke, Lambird; Heasman, Adamson, Buchele. Subs: Parker, Allen, Beaver, Christison-McNee, Lewis.

SALTDEAN UNITED WOMEN: Hamilton; Brown, Steer, Howell, Nebbitt, Boswell, Anderson, Howells, Bridges, Sullivan, Hill. Subs: Jellet, Gates, Morris, Cooper, McKenzie.

GOAL: Howells (46).

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/saltdean-shatter-fulhams-promotion-dream/

WhiteJC

'Incredible'... Tim Sherwood shares what he's noticed Fulham have 'quietly' done under Marco Silva
Pundit Tim Sherwood has praised Fulham for building a squad with some 'incredible players' not even able to get on the bench.

Fulham sadly slipped to defeat this weekend, losing 2-1 away at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

After beating Manchester United and Brighton and Hove Albion, Fulham almost came back down to earth at Molineux.

Two frustrating goals by Rayan Ait-Nouri and Nelson Semedo left Fulham with a mountain to climb.

Alex Iwobi did pull one back for Fulham but it was too little, too late as Marco Silva and co tasted defeat in the West Midlands.

Tim Sherwood on Fulham squad
Tim Sherwood was on punditry duty for Sky Sports and actually praised the quality of Fulham's squad right now.

Sherwood stated (09/03, 3pm) that Fulham had 'incredible' players who couldn't even get into the side on Saturday.

Sherwood picked out Tom Cairney, Joao Palhinha, Armando Broja and Willian as examples of how Fulham have great options to choose from.

The former Tottenham Hotspur boss added that Fulham have 'quietly' built a 'really competitive squad', seemingly impressed with the recruitment at Craven Cottage.

"They've got the likes of Cairney, Palhinha, Broja and Willian on the bench, incredible players," said Sherwood. "They've quietly put a really competitive squad together," he added.

Broja is only on loan from Chelsea and, right now, it's difficult to imagine him being a Fulham player next season.

There is still time for the Albanian to make a big impact but it's more likely that Fulham will go and find another striker to support Rodrigo Muniz and Raul Jimenez.

Palhinha may well receive offers to leave this summer but the performances of Harrison Reed and Sasa Lukic of late have shown that Fulham do have other midfield options.

Players like Muniz and Lukic stepping up when needed has really boosted this Fulham squad and means Silva decided to leave the likes of Palhinha and Broja on the bench.

Maybe that stance will change after losing to Wolves but Silva should have plenty of options to choose from against Tottenham Hotspur next weekend.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/03/10/incredible-tim-sherwood-shares-what-hes-noticed-fulham-have-quietly-done-under-marco-silva/

WhiteJC

How much would Joao Palhinha cost Arsenal?
Arsenal's pursuit of a top-class defensive midfielder is no secret. Now, with links to Fulham powerhouse Joao Palhinha intensifying, could the Gunners have found the perfect solution?

The Portuguese international is rumoured to be on the radar of several Premier League clubs, but Arsenal's interest seems particularly strong.

Arsenal could strengthen their midfield with a significant signing this summer – Fulham's commanding force, Joao Palhinha. The 28-year-old Portuguese international has caught the attention of top Premier League clubs, with 'transfer insider' Dean Jones suggesting the Gunners are firmly in the race.

Mikel Arteta has been linked with midfield reinforcements, including Martin Zubimendi. But Palhinha's tenacity and Premier League pedigree could make him the ideal fit. A reported move to Bayern Munich failed to materialise last summer, and with Thomas Tuchel's departure from the German giants looking likely as Granit Xhaka's Bayer Leverkusen run away with the Bundesliga, a path could open for Arsenal to swoop in.

Palhinha's career trajectory has been jittery. Rising through the ranks of Sporting Lisbon's youth academy, he established himself at Braga on loan, after similar spells with Belenenses and Moreirense. His time with Braga showed Sporting he was now good enough to play for them and he did so for two years before his move to Fulham. The £18 million transfer fee reflected his growing reputation in Portugal, where he's also become a regular for the national team.
Latest Arsenal injury updates and news

Known for his combative style and exceptional tackling ability, Palhinha quickly became a key figure for Fulham after his move in the summer of 2022. He renewed his contract in September 2023, tying him down until 2028 with a club option for an another year.

While Fulham understandably value their star midfielder highly, a reported £50 million price tag is not so unreasonable in these days of ridiculous fees. Palhinha's wages are estimated to be in the region of £80,000 per week according to Capology, reflecting his importance to Fulham as their joint-fourth highest earner, alongside former Arsenal man, Alex Iwobi. As an interesting aside, Fulham's top earner is currently former Arsenal keeper, Bernd Leno on £130,000pw and their third highest earner is former Arsenal flop, Willian, who takes home £90,000pw.

Should Arsenal secure his signature, Palhinha's arrival could significantly strengthen their midfield. His combativeness and tactical awareness would provide a strong defensive shield in front of the backline, something Arteta has been keen to address.

The Portuguese midfielder's experience in the Premier League and his leadership qualities would also be valuable assets. Not unexpectedly, his goal-scoring contributions are not the most prolific (seven goals for Fulham, with one assist, in 69 matches), but his ability to protect the defence and orchestrate play from a deeper position would be a welcome addition to Arsenal's midfield. The Gunners, after all, are not short of a goalscorer with seven different names on the scoresheet in their last three games alone.

https://dailycannon.com/2024/03/arsenal-joao-palhinha-transfer/

WhiteJC

My latest Newcastle United tickets just the £71 (plus booking fee!) each – What hope for the future?
My latest Newcastle United tickets arrived on Friday.

The tickets came courtesy of my mate Dave, the Fulham fan, for our match at Craven Cottage on Saturday 6 April.

We are just next to the official Newcastle United away section, adult tickets priced at just the £71 (plus booking fee), the cheapest(!) match by match ticket price at Fulham (Those NUFC fans with official away tickets paying only £30 for the same view in the Putney end at Craven Cottage as ourselves paying £71, due to the Premier League price cap for away supporters).

Fulham are a bit of an odd club and not really big enough for Premier League status in my opinion.

I did work with youngsters in Hammersmith and Fulham once but most of the working class kids were QPR or Man U and that was some twenty plus years ago. I think the only kid I have met who claimed allegiance to Fulham was my mate's son Albert.

So how do Fulham justify the ticket price without a decent Premier League fanbase?

Maybe because their lack of fans means relying on football tourism that will pay the price for a Premier League experience. Or maybe their owners are experimenting and chancing it on people willing to cough up the big money for a big game.

This though is clearly not a way of gaining new supporters through attracting young people, who will feel attached to the club and follow them when times are not so good.

Back in the eighties me and my mates would turn up and pay to stand in the pen next to the away supporters in the Leazes end. We would have had a few beers around the Haymarket (The City Tavern, Farmers Rest etc) but even if you missed the pre game beers, you knew where the lads would be on the terrace to catch up with them.

When I look back on that time, I am sure we were just as obnoxious and unpleasant as the teenagers who now inhabit Level 7 at St James' Park these days. My son refuses to have a haircut, purely on the basis that I tell him he needs one AND he is not even a teenager yet!

However, times change and some forty years after my teenage years, youngsters' life experiences are different.

So, what is going to stop youngsters being priced out of the game and hence alienating the next generation of working class kids attending the people's game?

There have been articles and debate on The Mag recently about a new stadium. We now know St James' Park is not fit for purpose and anyone who has been to the new Spurs stadium will concur.

We need a new stadium that can accommodate everyone.

When the small "c" conservative liberals start to petition against a new stadium being built on a miniscule area of rundown freehold land, compared to the vast area that there is, we need to rally the people against them and ensure Newcastle United have the best stadium in this country.

One where you don't need extortionate membership fees to have a chance to get in.

A stadium where there is a section of the ground that youngsters can access by turning up early and paying in, just like we did when we were young, thus ensuring working class lads and lasses can be part of the Newcastle United family.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/03/my-latest-newcastle-united-tickets-just-the-71-plus-booking-fee-each-what-hope-for-the-future/

hovewhite

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 11, 2024, 09:23:03 AM'Incredible'... Tim Sherwood shares what he's noticed Fulham have 'quietly' done under Marco Silva
Pundit Tim Sherwood has praised Fulham for building a squad with some 'incredible players' not even able to get on the bench.

Fulham sadly slipped to defeat this weekend, losing 2-1 away at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

After beating Manchester United and Brighton and Hove Albion, Fulham almost came back down to earth at Molineux.

Two frustrating goals by Rayan Ait-Nouri and Nelson Semedo left Fulham with a mountain to climb.

Alex Iwobi did pull one back for Fulham but it was too little, too late as Marco Silva and co tasted defeat in the West Midlands.

Tim Sherwood on Fulham squad
Tim Sherwood was on punditry duty for Sky Sports and actually praised the quality of Fulham's squad right now.

Sherwood stated (09/03, 3pm) that Fulham had 'incredible' players who couldn't even get into the side on Saturday.

Sherwood picked out Tom Cairney, Joao Palhinha, Armando Broja and Willian as examples of how Fulham have great options to choose from.

The former Tottenham Hotspur boss added that Fulham have 'quietly' built a 'really competitive squad', seemingly impressed with the recruitment at Craven Cottage.

"They've got the likes of Cairney, Palhinha, Broja and Willian on the bench, incredible players," said Sherwood. "They've quietly put a really competitive squad together," he added.

Broja is only on loan from Chelsea and, right now, it's difficult to imagine him being a Fulham player next season.

There is still time for the Albanian to make a big impact but it's more likely that Fulham will go and find another striker to support Rodrigo Muniz and Raul Jimenez.

Palhinha may well receive offers to leave this summer but the performances of Harrison Reed and Sasa Lukic of late have shown that Fulham do have other midfield options.

Players like Muniz and Lukic stepping up when needed has really boosted this Fulham squad and means Silva decided to leave the likes of Palhinha and Broja on the bench.

Maybe that stance will change after losing to Wolves but Silva should have plenty of options to choose from against Tottenham Hotspur next weekend.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/03/10/incredible-tim-sherwood-shares-what-hes-noticed-fulham-have-quietly-done-under-marco-silva/
agree with his assessment in fact a couple of good finishers up front we will have a tremendous squad.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 11, 2024, 09:25:01 AMMy latest Newcastle United tickets just the £71 (plus booking fee!) each – What hope for the future?

The tickets came courtesy of my mate Dave, the Fulham fan, for our match at Craven Cottage on Saturday 6 April.

We are just next to the official Newcastle United away section, adult tickets priced at just the £71 (plus booking fee), the cheapest(!) match by match ticket price at Fulham (Those NUFC fans with official away tickets paying only £30 for the same view in the Putney end at Craven Cottage as ourselves paying £71, due to the Premier League price cap for away supporters).

Fulham are a bit of an odd club and not really big enough for Premier League status in my opinion.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/03/my-latest-newcastle-united-tickets-just-the-71-plus-booking-fee-each-what-hope-for-the-future/

This guy has a point about our ticket pricing in general but is he saying his Fulham mate is buying tickets for him (a newcastle fan) in the Fulham areas?
Am I right in thinking buying tickets for away fans in home areas is contrary to the terms and conditions of home fan purchases, especially ST holders?

We know it goes on but to do it and then moan about the prices is a cheek in my book.
As for saying we don't deserve PL status, I hope the to$$er gets thrown out.

Bill2

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 11, 2024, 09:25:01 AMMy latest Newcastle United tickets just the £71 (plus booking fee!) each – What hope for the future?

I did work with youngsters in Hammersmith and Fulham once but most of the working class kids were QPR or Man U and that was some twenty plus years ago. I think the only kid I have met who claimed allegiance to Fulham was my mate's son Albert.

So how do Fulham justify the ticket price without a decent Premier League fanbase?

Maybe because their lack of fans means relying on football tourism that will pay the price for a Premier League experience. Or maybe their owners are experimenting and chancing it on people willing to cough up the big money for a big game.

This though is clearly not a way of gaining new supporters through attracting young people, who will feel attached to the club and follow them when times are not so good.

Back in the eighties me and my mates would turn up and pay to stand in the pen next to the away supporters in the Leazes end. We would have had a few beers around the Haymarket (The City Tavern, Farmers Rest etc) but even if you missed the pre game beers, you knew where the lads would be on the terrace to catch up with them.

When I look back on that time, I am sure we were just as obnoxious and unpleasant as the teenagers who now inhabit Level 7 at St James' Park these days. My son refuses to have a haircut, purely on the basis that I tell him he needs one AND he is not even a teenager yet!

However, times change and some forty years after my teenage years, youngsters' life experiences are different.

So, what is going to stop youngsters being priced out of the game and hence alienating the next generation of working class kids attending the people's game?

There have been articles and debate on The Mag recently about a new stadium. We now know St James' Park is not fit for purpose and anyone who has been to the new Spurs stadium will concur.

We need a new stadium that can accommodate everyone.

When the small "c" conservative liberals start to petition against a new stadium being built on a miniscule area of rundown freehold land, compared to the vast area that there is, we need to rally the people against them and ensure Newcastle United have the best stadium in this country.

One where you don't need extortionate membership fees to have a chance to get in.

A stadium where there is a section of the ground that youngsters can access by turning up early and paying in, just like we did when we were young, thus ensuring working class lads and lasses can be part of the Newcastle United family.

Not sure what I dislike most about this post. Not big enough to be a Premier league, so ourselvess, Brentford and Bournemouth should all accept that and move to a lower division. Looking at his diatribe it appears it is only the bigger clubs should be in the top division. Of course it helps if you are the only team in a City the size of Newcastle, but that doesn't register in this person's view. Also he shows a distinct lack of the basics rule of supply and demand when it comes to ticket pricing which I am sure even Newcastle and it's very rich owners apply.

hovewhite

If it's for a Geordie in home end should be £200