watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Riverside Experiences

Started by Southcoastffc, March 12, 2024, 03:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bill taylors apprentice

Marvellous! Where do I sell my soul for a place on the sky deck?

C Block

I've just read my email, had to smile when I read the Sky Bar (The outdoor offering along with a swimming pool) will be opening in December, not a great month for an Al Fresco launch 😄

Southcoastffc

Quote from: C Block on March 12, 2024, 03:59:30 PMI've just read my email, had to smile when I read the Sky Bar (The outdoor offering along with a swimming pool) will be opening in December, not a great month for an Al Fresco launch 😄
Well, it will be free to fill the pool with 'liquid sunshine' if today is anything to go by.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

btffc

Those do look incredible, but at the same time it is sure to be extortionately priced. Is there really enough demand for like 5000 hospitality seats every game that likely start at 300 pounds for the worst ones and are probably closer to 1000 for the sky deck? That is loads of extra revenue if there is but I have doubts. Napkin math says around 50m for 19 PL games

filham

Surprised that a glossy add is required to sell seats when so many are not yet available.

peachcobbler

Hopefully Tony can get some millionaire NFL friends to fill these seats!!

All jokes aside, they will need to put some serious marketing money to get the exposure needed to fill these up. At the assumed price points you will be competing against some pretty ridiculous exclusive experiences (Wimbeldon hospitality, Twickenham hospitality, Ryder cup trip).

Maybe there is a corporate market for this? Maybe the big banks in London and tech firms will gobble it up?

Trying to be as positive as I can be. It will be beautiful and make Fulham a destination, it will also eliminate any chance we move for a very long time, which is a huge win.

Southcoastffc

If you actually drill down into the various levels of 'experience' there are not that many seats associated with them.

Angus Telford

Quote from: btffc on March 12, 2024, 05:38:26 PMThose do look incredible, but at the same time it is sure to be extortionately priced. Is there really enough demand for like 5000 hospitality seats every game that likely start at 300 pounds for the worst ones and are probably closer to 1000 for the sky deck? That is loads of extra revenue if there is but I have doubts. Napkin math says around 50m for 19 PL games

A fifth or even tenth of that sounds more plausible, our entire gate receipts across 25,000 seats over all league and Cup matches are only c £15m

Hugh Janus

I thought it looks pretty good. I have a season ticket in the Riverside. Looking forward to trying some of the restaurants and bars.

btffc

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 12, 2024, 08:30:21 PM
Quote from: btffc on March 12, 2024, 05:38:26 PMThose do look incredible, but at the same time it is sure to be extortionately priced. Is there really enough demand for like 5000 hospitality seats every game that likely start at 300 pounds for the worst ones and are probably closer to 1000 for the sky deck? That is loads of extra revenue if there is but I have doubts. Napkin math says around 50m for 19 PL games

A tenth of that sounds more plausible, our entire gate receipts across 25,000 seats over all league and Cup matches are only c £15m

But all those seats are subject to concessions for age as well as being as little as 24 pounds per game for a full priced ticket when it is a season ticket. Hospitality tickets are not offered as concessions and they might be offered as season tickets for some discount but hard to gauge how much that will be as well as how many will be season tickets as generally hospitality are on a per game basis.

I was also giving what is essentially the maximum possible revenue assuming all tickets are sold out for every game. That will almost certainly not happen, but if it is even 50% capacity that will be worth more revenue than the rest of the Cottage combined.

I've used prices based on our current hospitality options as well as what other clubs charge for theirs and I feel pretty good that they will be in line with what I projected. I may have even erred on the lower side. There's a reason clubs are going so hard with their hospitality options. It's because it makes a stupid amount of money and there are people willing to pay for it. I think Anfield is around 40-50% hospitality tickets now. Arsenal also have huge swaths of hospitality sections. Chelsea is offering a 5000/ticket hospitality for their upcoming United game.

The obvious downside is these price out the regular match going fan and restrict them to increasingly smaller affordable seating areas. As well as many of these tickets being purchased by tourists and large corporations who use them to entertain clients which really hurts the atmosphere.

btffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 12, 2024, 06:35:23 PMIf you actually drill down into the various levels of 'experience' there are not that many seats associated with them.

I haven't counted the seats but the current capacity is just under 25k. The stated listed capacity when the Riverside opens is 30k.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: btffc on March 12, 2024, 08:47:20 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 12, 2024, 06:35:23 PMIf you actually drill down into the various levels of 'experience' there are not that many seats associated with them.

I haven't counted the seats but the current capacity is just under 25k. The stated listed capacity when the Riverside opens is 30k.
As I read it, the hospitality experiences are limited to only part of the Riverside seats not already in use this season. I may be wrong of course.

EN1 FFC

Looks Like IKEA had one of their closing down sales and Ali Mac bought a Job Lot.  :slap:

btffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 12, 2024, 10:04:22 PM

As I read it, the hospitality experiences are limited to only part of the Riverside seats not already in use this season. I may be wrong of course.

You may be correct. Looking more closely, the Matchday Plus area features a cash bar and are about 2000 of the seats. There are bookable VIP areas in that bar so it will likely still bring in a lot of revenue if it is popular but I would expect the price of those seats to likely be around £200-250 between the £100 general admission area and lower end hospitality at £300-400.

Also, I was incorrect about the current capacity. It is 25700 so there are 4300 unopened seats which makes 2300 new hospitality seats in the Riverside. However, the lower middle area is currently hospitality for the Crabtree and maybe something else is being changed to The Dugout and has 700+ seats so there will be around 3000 hospitality seats and around 2000 Matchday Plus seats.

Still, the unopened areas have the potential to easily more than double our current matchday revenue and even in an unfavorable scenario still increase it significantly. That should go a long way with FFP especially with the rumoured upcoming changes.

Wolf

Anyone who thought they'd be paying £400 for a concessions season ticket in the new stand has been disabused.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

filham

t which end of the stand is the bank offering instant mortgages located.

C Block

I've never seen anything reported to say that capacity will be 30k, I'm pretty certain capacity will be 29k, not that it matters.

J17

Anyone know, does this also mean that the rest of the facilities (full stand, non match day riverside walk opening) related to the Riverside would be complete in Dec 24?

I'm a JH Season Ticket holder, so looking forward to a full stadium and also the non match day stroll under the stand...

Jeroen

Quote from: peachcobbler on March 12, 2024, 06:24:28 PMHopefully Tony can get some millionaire NFL friends to fill these seats!!

All jokes aside, they will need to put some serious marketing money to get the exposure needed to fill these up. At the assumed price points you will be competing against some pretty ridiculous exclusive experiences (Wimbeldon hospitality, Twickenham hospitality, Ryder cup trip).

Maybe there is a corporate market for this? Maybe the big banks in London and tech firms will gobble it up?

Trying to be as positive as I can be. It will be beautiful and make Fulham a destination, it will also eliminate any chance we move for a very long time, which is a huge win.

Exactly this! The PL is a worldwide brand and what better place for aforeigner to see this than looking over the iconic river thams.People that will buy the hospitality will (sadly) not only minor come for Fulham.... but that is ok for me, if their money supports our progress.

I was asked to arrange tickets for an American Family coming over for Brentford vs Liverpool in the Liverpool end.
Cheapest tickets via sellers was £850 per ticket, but they bought 4 of them because their 2 teenage sons loved Liverpool.... You cant tell me that those people won't pay our Hospitality to watch Fulham vs Liverpool.

Also investment firms etc for their corporate hospitality. they happily take a suite a season, let their staff come to Fulham vs Forrest but have their top clients command watch the big 5

Yes ideally we want all Fulham fans to buy those tickets, but realisticly those hospitality units are there to make money