watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players Available for Spurs Match

Started by filham, March 13, 2024, 07:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Am I right in thinking we have the following two possible line ups available for the Spurs match:-

Len               
                                          Rodak
                     Castagne      Tosin         Palhiha          Robinson
                     Tete          Diop          Lukic             Ballo Traore

Cairney         Palhinha
                                  Reed             Lukic
                                           Periera
                                            BDR
                         Wilson                             Willian
                         Iwobi                               Traore
                                          Muniz
                                          Broja

Wow , can't remember when the squad has been so free of injuries.
If we lose the match Silva is bound to be critisised for poor team selection.

alfie

Quote from: filham on March 13, 2024, 07:00:58 PMAm I right in thinking we have the following two possible line ups available for the Spurs match:-

Len               
                                          Rodak

Cairney         Palhinha
                                  Reed             Lukic
                                           Periera
                                            BDR
                                          Muniz
                                          Broja

Love how you have Palhinha and Lukic in midfield and defense
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

btffc

Quote from: alfie on March 13, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
Quote from: filham on March 13, 2024, 07:00:58 PMAm I right in thinking we have the following two possible line ups available for the Spurs match:-

Len               
                                          Rodak

Cairney         Palhinha
                                  Reed             Lukic
                                           Periera
                                            BDR
                                          Muniz
                                          Broja

Love how you have Palhinha and Lukic in midfield and defense

We will clone him. We have the technology. Then we sell the clone for 60m. Genius moves by Tony Khan.

H4usuallysitting

That well known keeper Len Rodak is back & fully fit

Thailand Mick

It was only a few months ago that some posters were saying we have such a thin squad and we needed to buy, my apologies I forget which pundit it was but he was praising us last week on what a great squad we have built for the money.

btffc

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 14, 2024, 05:33:08 AMIt was only a few months ago that some posters were saying we have such a thin squad and we needed to buy, my apologies I forget which pundit it was but he was praising us last week on what a great squad we have built for the money.

Really never quite understood that when people were posting it fairly regularly but I suppose it was a combination of AFCON and injuries that had people feeling like that, but every team goes through spells like that. Liverpool, Newcastle and United have all been decimated this year. Did people expect to not get hit with an injury spell?

When you look at our squad we have 2 PL quality players at every position except maybe GK which is certainly much better than any of our recent PL seasons. Granted this is the first time we have had a year 2. Looking forward to see how we build upon it next year

Thailand Mick

Leno                                                     Looking ahead to next season this would be my selection, the
                           Rodak                                                   players with? mark may leave and Toure I'm sure will leave.
Castagne     Tosin?    Bassey Robinson                            FFP allowing I would like us to upgrade RCB, DM and 2 forwards       
Tete              Diop      Ream    Toure x                             who can play anywhere across the front line. Add LB cover.
                         Palhinha?
                         Lukic
             Pereira
             Reed          Iwobi
                              Cairney
Traore                Muniz          Willian?
Wilson               Raul             BDR       

Whitestone

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 14, 2024, 05:33:08 AMIt was only a few months ago that some posters were saying we have such a thin squad and we needed to buy, my apologies I forget which pundit it was but he was praising us last week on what a great squad we have built for the money.

At that time the squad was paper thin with injuries and players away at the Afcon. So much so so that the starting eleven pretty much picked itself.
It was Tim Sherwood on Sky who praised the squad last week, but that was against Wolves when everyone bar Jiminez was available and we still lost the game. I'd put that down to inconsistency on the day because Wolves were there for the taking with their injury hit squad.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Whitestone on March 14, 2024, 07:45:44 AM

At that time the squad was paper thin with injuries and players away at the Afcon. So much so so that the starting eleven pretty much picked itself.
It was Tim Sherwood on Sky who praised the squad last week, but that was against Wolves when everyone bar Jiminez was available and we still lost the game. I'd put that down to inconsistency on the day because Wolves were there for the taking with their injury hit squad.
yes Tim Sherwood thank you . Also agree about the Wolves game which is why I would like to see us buy 2 forwards who can play anywhere across the front line that have a record of scoring goals. If everyone stays that would be my priority.

filham

Oh dear what a mess I made of that )P, sorry.
My excuse is that it is so unusual for Fulham to have a fully fit squad that when they do you get carried away and the only way forward is to start thinking of duplicating your best players.
I am now thinking of this line up for Saturday.

Leno
                                      Robinson    Bassy    Bassy   Robinson
                                              Palhinha     Palhinha
                                                    Cairney

Willian  Muniz    Willian 

alfie

Quote from: filham on March 14, 2024, 09:25:56 AMOh dear what a mess I made of that )P, sorry.
My excuse is that it is so unusual for Fulham to have a fully fit squad that when they do you get carried away and the only way forward is to start thinking of duplicating your best players.

Leno
                                              Palhinha     Palhinha
                                                    Cairney

Oh dear you have still made a mess of it, we only have one Bassey, Palhinha, Robinson Willian.
Unless of course you are messing with our heads
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on March 14, 2024, 09:25:56 AMOh dear what a mess I made of that )P, sorry.

Leno
                                              Palhinha     Palhinha
                                                    Cairney

Keep it simple. Try this.

Keeper

RB
CB
CB
LB

Defensive mid
Defensive mid

RW
Attacking mid
LW

STRIKER
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

akf

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 14, 2024, 08:48:18 AM
Quote from: Whitestone on March 14, 2024, 07:45:44 AM

yes Tim Sherwood thank you . Also agree about the Wolves game which is why I would like to see us buy 2 forwards who can play anywhere across the front line that have a record of scoring goals. If everyone stays that would be my priority.

Not only was the squad thin, Muniz wasnt scoring, there was no confidence that we could muster a goal from anywhere on the pitch. 

It is amazing what a little bit of confidence can do!

Jim©

I genuinely can't remember a time, in all my years as a Fulham fan a second 11 that is as good as that.

The club, or more specifically those in charge, have taken a load of stick over transfers over the past years, so it's good to see it come together. Now I'd suggest we need to start integrating players like Stansfield, Godo etc over the next years and bringing down the age of the squad.

filham

Quote from: Jim© on March 14, 2024, 02:45:06 PMI genuinely can't remember a time, in all my years as a Fulham fan a second 11 that is as good as that.

The club, or more specifically those in charge, have taken a load of stick over transfers over the past years, so it's good to see it come together. Now I'd suggest we need to start integrating players like Stansfield, Godo etc over the next years and bringing down the age of the squad.

Yes, you are right and on Saturday we should see our best possible players take the field against Spurs with our best possible impact subs coming on at half time.

The bad news is that there is no point in buying further squad players, if we want to improve the team further we need to pay big fees for players better than those we already have.

LC

My team would be:

Leno
Tete Tosin Bassey Robinson
  Palhinha Cairney
 Iwobi Andreas Willian
        Broja

Yes, I would give Broja a runout. Muniz has been good but I would still give Broja a runout regardless. 

hovewhite

Quote from: LC on March 15, 2024, 01:53:43 AMMy team would be:

Leno
  Palhinha Cairney
 Iwobi Andreas Willian
        Broja

Yes, I would give Broja a runout. Muniz has been good but I would still give Broja a runout regardless. 
how else do we see if Broja deserves to be on the pitch.

filham

Quote from: hovewhite on March 15, 2024, 07:47:58 AM

Leno
  Palhinha Cairney
 Iwobi Andreas Willian
        Broja

how else do we see if Broja deserves to be on the pitch.
Yes, I too would go for that line up. Agree that we have to give Broja a full game otherwise there is a risk that he could return to Chelsea without us realising we have let a real gem slip trough our fingers.

Jim©

Quote from: filham on March 14, 2024, 05:28:17 PMYes, you are right and on Saturday we should see our best possible players take the field against Spurs with our best possible impact subs coming on at half time.

The bad news is that there is no point in buying further squad players, if we want to improve the team further we need to pay big fees for players better than those we already have.

I agree on your last point- but at what cost? For example, how much is a player that improves on Pereira going to cost? Same for Wilson/Iwobi/Willian and many others. We're talking £25m per player now, which hampers our progress as we won't ever really be able to buy more than 2 or 3.

SerbianLad

Leno
  Palhinha Cairney
 Iwobi Andreas Willian
        Broja

I don't see the logic in doing this this late in the season. Chelsea will want a big fee for him regardless of how he plays. If he plays poorly he won't be worth it, if he plays well they'll want even more (50-60 million probably at the very least) so again he won't be worth it.

Even if he turns out to be better than Muniz, in this short amount of time left until the end of the season, it won't make much of a difference to out league position, as there aren't many games left anyway.

That's why I'd rather keep developing Muniz.