more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 15/03/24...

Started by WhiteJC, March 14, 2024, 11:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Spurs | Boot in both camps | Alan Mullery
Think of players connected with Spurs and Fulham, and there's really only one legend in the frame - Alan Mullery.

Born in Notting Hill, 'Mullers' joined the groundstaff at Craven Cottage in 1957 and having impressed in youth and reserve football, signed professional forms in December, 1958. He made his debut in February, 1959 and helped Fulham gain promotion to the old First Division for the 1959/60 season.

Alan joined us on 14 March, 1964, making his debut a week later against Manchester United. He went on to make 373 appearances for us between 1964-1972, winning the FA Cup in 1967 and then, after being named captain in 1968, lifting the League Cup in 1971 and UEFA Cup in 1972.

That UEFA Cup triumph is one of those famous old Spurs stories - Alan had actually gone back to Fulham on loan for game time as he recovered from a serious injury. Recalled from that spell in April, 1972, he scored huge goals against Milan at the San Siro in the semi-final and then a header in the second leg of the final against Wolves to claim the trophy in his final match in a Spurs shirt - he was chair-lifted for a lap of honour by joyous fans around the Lane on his own.

Alan returned permanently to Craven Cottage in 1972 and it was no less eventful - his goal in an FA Cup tie with Leicester City earned him Match of the Day's Goal of the Season for 1973/74, playing alongside Bobby Moore, he led Fulham to the 1975 FA Cup Final and was named FWA Footballer of the Year. The following year he received an MBE for his services to football.

Capped 35 times by England and a goalscorer at the 1970 World Cup, Alan went on to manage Brighton, Charlton, Palace, QPR, Brighton again, ATM in Malaysia and finally Barnet in 1996. Now 82, he remains a popular matchday host at Spurs and Brighton.

Mullers | Fulham, Spurs and me...
Speaking to us back in 2015 after he'd been elected into the National Football Museum's Hall of Fame, Alan reflected on his big switch across London in 1964...

What do you remember about joining Spurs in 1964?

Alan: "Bill Nicholson came to Fulham and said 'I want to sign you and take you to Tottenham', but I didn't believe him. I was very happy at Fulham, my wife and I lived in a place called Worcester Park, which was only 20 minutes away from Fulham's training ground and it was a big chance to take because the fella who had just finished playing was the great Danny Blanchflower. To come in and take his place in what was basically the double-winning team - with the addition of Jimmy Greaves - was an absolute nightmare, to be fair, and I was very worried about it. But after two or three months I got into the swing of it and it was wonderful to play in front of 60,000 people as well. It was great and I really enjoyed it. I had eight and a half years here and eight of them were fantastic, the other six a bit tough, but I got over that. Now, it's part of my home."

What do you think now when you look back at your days at Spurs?

Alan: "Being a kid born in Notting Hill and being one of the first players to play for England at football, we had a lot of boxers, cricketers - my cousin, John Murray, played for England many times - and I look at that and the achievement of playing here at Spurs, winning the FA Cup against Chelsea in 1967, the League Cup in 1971 and the UEFA Cup in 1972, playing in Europe, travelling all over the world, it was absolutely fantastic. When I look at it, I became an England player, captain of England, captain of Tottenham, won three trophies, played nearly 400 games - it can't get better, can it? That was the highlight of my career, eight and a half years at Spurs. I still come here every home game and love it."

We have to remember, it wasn't all about Spurs though - you made your name as a teenager at Fulham and then went back in 1972 and led them to the FA Cup Final in 1975.

Alan: "Yes, my second spell at Fulham was great and let's be honest, it might just be the last time they get to the FA Cup Final. It was amazing at the time, Bobby Moore and I - he was 36, I was 34 - to go back to Wembley, that was something special, but we lost on that occasion to West Ham."

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2024/march/fulham-vs-spurs-boot-in-both-camps-alan-mullery/

WhiteJC

Preview: Fulham vs. Tottenham Hotspur - prediction, team news, lineups
Fourth place in the Premier League table could be Tottenham Hotspur's by the close of play on Saturday, when the Lilywhites make the short journey to face Fulham in a Premier League London derby.

Ange Postecoglou's men put their Champions League fate back in their own hands by crushing Aston Villa 4-0 last weekend, while the Cottagers fell to a 2-1 loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Match preview
The ruthless edge that Fulham showed in their recent wins over Bournemouth, Manchester United and Brighton & Hove Albion eluded them at Molineux last weekend, where Marco Silva's men failed to grasp their first-half opportunities with both hands and were made to pay for it.

Rayan Ait-Nouri's close-range finish and an unfortunate Tom Cairney own goal gave Wolves a healthy cushion midway through the second half, and even though Alex Iwobi found the mark deep into second-half injury time, it was too little too late for the Cottagers.

Silva was under no illusions that his side hit the self-destruct button at Molineux, where they were punished for profligacy and a sloppy second half, and an unspectacular end to the season awaits the 12th-placed Cottagers, who are 14 points clear of the relegation line and eight adrift of the European places.

A late charge for Europa Conference League football remains a mathematical possibility, but Silva's men should be content in mid-table obscurity between now and the end of the campaign and head into Saturday's derby having scored in each of their last six Premier League matches.

Furthermore, Fulham have accrued 25 of their 35 points this season at Craven Cottage, where they have triumphed over West Ham United (5-0) and Arsenal (2-1) in their last two Premier League London derbies, but they have never won three consecutive all-capital clashes at home in the top flight.

While Fulham's jaunt to the West Midlands last weekend was an unsuccessful one, Tottenham blew the race for Champions League football wide open, knocking down a few more walls of the crumbling Villa Park fortress with a four-star second-half display.

Strikes from James Maddison and Brennan Johnson preceded a deserved John McGinn red card, which virtually extinguished the Lions' hopes of an improbable turnaround, and Postecoglou's men made the result more emphatic in injury time through Son Heung-min and Timo Werner.

After failing to win any of their first seven games of 2024 by more than one goal, the resurgent Lilywhites boast a 7-1 aggregate scoreline from their last two fixtures with Villa and Crystal Palace and now sit just two points behind recent victims Aston Villa, who have played a game more.

With the Europa Conference League-competing Lions not in top-flight action again until Sunday, Spurs will jump into the top four with maximum points at Craven Cottage, and they arrive on Fulham's turf having struck multiple goals in each of their last six Premier League away games dating back to the start of December.

Son and Maddison were on target as Tottenham eased to a 2-0 home win over Fulham earlier this season - their fourth straight top-flight victory against Silva's side - but the Lilywhites have already been left crestfallen at Craven Cottage once this season, losing their EFL Cup second-round encounter on penalties.

Fulham Premier League form:

D    W    L    W    W    L

Tottenham Hotspur Premier League form:

W    D    W    L    W    W

Team News
Last weekend's trip to Wolves came too early for thigh victim Raul Jimenez to be involved against his former employers, but Silva expects the Mexico international to be at 100% for the visit of Tottenham, meaning that the hosts could be working with a fully-fit squad for the derby.

Jimenez will take his place on the bench, though, as Rodrigo Muniz - boasting six direct goal involvements from his last six games - spearheads the charge again, although Silva's decision to deploy two strikers for the dying embers of the loss to Wolves briefly paid off as Armando Broja laid on the assist for Iwobi's consolation.

Joao Palhinha could only make the bench at Molineux after returning from suspension but will surely be drafted back into the hosts' midfield on Saturday, most likely over Sasa Lukic as Harrison Reed reprises his role.

Meanwhile, Tottenham's beating of Aston Villa was partially soured by another injury to pacy centre-back Micky van de Ven, who came off with a knee problem early in the second half, and the Dutchman is not expected to be involved in Saturday's game.

There is optimism that Van de Ven will make an immediate return after the international break, but January recruit Radu Dragusin should benefit from his likely absence this weekend to earn his first Premier League start alongside Cristian Romero.

Ryan Sessegnon (hamstring), Fraser Forster (foot) and Manor Solomon (knee) welcome Van de Ven to the sidelines, while Richarlison also missed the win over Villa with his knee injury, despite expressing confidence that he would recover in time for the trip to the West Midlands.

Fulham possible starting lineup:
Leno; Castagne, Adarabioyo, Bassey, Robinson; Reed, Palhinha; Wilson, Pereira, Iwobi; Muniz

Tottenham Hotspur possible starting lineup:
Vicario; Porro, Romero, Dragusin, Udogie; Sarr, Bissouma; Kulusevski, Maddison, Johnson; Son

We say: Fulham 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur
Fulham's demoralising defeat at Molineux last weekend was not for a lack of trying - a simple case of profligacy let the Cottagers down - and Silva's men now host a Tottenham side whose clean sheet over 10-man Villa was their first in the Premier League since before Christmas.

Postecoglou's men have already fallen short at Craven Cottage in knockout action this season, but they have developed a taste for goal-laden performances on the road and should harness their attacking excellence once again to surge into the Champions League places.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/top-four-race/preview/preview-fulham-vs-spurs-prediction-team-news-lineups_538894.html?cQx=NN&newsnow

WhiteJC

Former Huddersfield Town and Fulham man 'enters frame' for Aberdeen job
Former Huddersfield Town head coach Mark Fotheringham has reportedly entered the frame to succeed Neil Warnock at Aberdeen.

Warnock stunned Aberdeen fans by stepping down at the weekend despite having led the club to a Scottish Cup quarter-final victory over Kilmarnock. He had been expected to be in charge until the end of the season but made an early exit alongside assistant Ronnie Jepson.

Peter Leven is now overseeing first-team affairs at Pittodrie on a temporary basis but the club are looking to make a permanent appointment.

According to The Sun, Fotheringham is in the frame for the job with Aberdeen set to give the 40-year-old serious consideration. He has yet to take on a managerial role since he was axed by Huddersfield in February 2023.

Fotheringham is highly rated in Germany, where he has cultivated a reputation as an intelligent and savvy coach. He was recruited by Huddersfield having worked for the likes of Hertha Berlin and FC Ingolstadt but his time with the Terriers did not work out.

When he was axed, Huddersfield were embroiled in a battle for Championship survival which Warnock, the man he would be replacing at Aberdeen, dragged the Terriers out of. The decision to dismiss Fotheringham was made despite the fact his contract ran until June 2025.

Although Fotheringham has not yet landed a new management role, he was recently part of the South Korea national team's backroom staff for the Asian Cup.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/former-huddersfield-town-and-fulham-man-enters-frame-for-aberdeen-job-4554903

WhiteJC

Tottenham Hotspur suffer blow ahead of Fulham clash as £43m ace 'unlikely' to play
Tottenham Hotspur defender Micky van de Ven is set to miss the trip to Fulham this weekend after picking up an injury.

Fulham are back in Premier League action this weekend and will be desperate to bounce back after defeat at Wolverhampton Wanderers last weekend.

Wins over Manchester United and Brighton and Hove Albion show the kind of threat Fulham can pose and fans would no doubt love to dent Tottenham's Champions League hopes.

Spurs will head to Craven Cottage after a huge 4-0 win at Aston Villa, but it wasn't all good news.

Defender Micky van de Ven picked up what appeared to be a hamstring injury – and it looks like he will miss the trip to Fulham.

Micky van de Ven poised to miss Fulham clash
Van de Ven missed considerable time with a hamstring injury in November, so Tottenham will be fearing another lengthy lay-off if they aren't careful.

That means the £43million summer signing from Wolfsburg is now set to miss the trip to Fulham this weekend.

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou has told Sky Sports that Van de Ven is 'unlikely' to play on Saturday evening.

Postecoglou noted that the injury isn't serious but with Van de Ven injured again, they will take a sensible approach.

Van de Ven's absence is a huge blow as he has provided a transformative presence to the Tottenham back line.

The Dutchman's blistering pace allows Tottenham to play higher up the pitch, knowing that Van de Ven will be there to recover any troubling situations.

Tottenham will now likely call upon January signing Radu Dragusin alongside Cristian Romero to replace Van de Ven.

This injury blow may be something that Marco Silva looks to exploit this weekend with Van de Ven certainly a massive miss for Tottenham.

There may be temptation to go with real speed in Adama Traore whilst Rodrigo Muniz will be relishing a battle against Dragusin this weekend.

Fulham will hope to take advantage with a victory, especially having come up short at Molineux last weekend.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/03/14/tottenham-hotspur-suffer-blow-ahead-of-fulham-clash-as-43m-ace-unlikely-to-play/

WhiteJC

Lack of game time for Chelsea striker Broja set to hit Fulham in the pocket
Fulham are reportedly set to pay west London rivals Chelsea £4million due to the lack of game time for loanee Armando Broja.

The Daily Mail claim the Cottagers structured a deal in January based around the Albanian-born forward's game time but his minutes have been limited after Rodrigo Muniz found goalscoring form under Marco Silva.

The report adds that Fulham would have had to pay nothing for the deal if Broja started 60 per cent or more of the matches in the second half of the season, with 16 Premier League outings remaining after he put pen to paper.

The former Southampton loanee has only featured four times off the bench with 10 games to go.

If Broja fails to start on Saturday at home to Tottenham Hotspur, Fulham will have to shell out the larger loan fee to Chelsea.

Brazilian youngster Muniz has scored five times since Broja arrived at Craven Cottage.

Fulham are set for an boost ahead of their home clash with Spurs tomorrow, with Ange Postecoglou likely to be without star defender Micky van de Ven.

The Dutch defender was forced off just after half-time in their 4-0 win at Aston Villa on Sunday.

"We're still getting all the information in," Postecoglou told Sky Sports on Wednesday.

"He's unlikely for this weekend, we don't think it's anything major."

Radu Dragusin, who joined Spurs in January after signing from Genoa, replaced Van de Ven and saw out the game alongside Cristian Romero.

Fulham boss Marco Silva was left disappointed by his side's first-half performance in their 2-1 defeat at Wolves last weekend.

The Whites had won two on the bounce but Alex Iwobi's goal in the eighth minutes of stoppage time was only a consolation.

Silva said: "I was not happy with the way we started the first-half, the first five minutes, and I told the players that we had to start the second-half completely different.

"It was something that we reinforced at half-time and it's really strange the way we started the second-half because we were aware that we had to start much quicker with much more of the ball.

"The reality was that we started the complete opposite of how we should and they punished us. We did create chances but it was much more difficult after 2-0."

The match against Tottenham is live on Sky Sports (5.30pm).

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/lack-of-game-time-for-chelsea-striker-broja-set-to-hit-fulham-in-the-pocket/

WhiteJC

'Oh dear'... Chris Sutton has now predicted the result of Tottenham's game against Fulham
Tottenham face Fulham this weekend as they try to continue their assault on the top four.

The north London club are in the box seat in the race for the top four after beating Aston Villa 4-0 last weekend.

However, Saturday's game against Fulham poses another serious challenge for Spurs.

Indeed, while Tottenham head into this game as favourites, Fulham have proven in recent weeks that they're no pushovers, and their form at Craven Cottage this season has been solid to say the least.

Speaking on the Fantasy 606 Podcast, Chris Sutton has been discussing Spurs' game this weekend, and he's backed this one to be a draw, claiming that Fulham are strong at home.

Chris Sutton backs Tottenham to draw with Fulham
Sutton spoke about this weekend's game.

"Oh dear, Fulham are good at home and I backed against Tottenham this week against Aston Villa, I'm going to say 2-2," Sutton said.

Must win
Tottenham simply have to win this game if they want to finish in the top four.

Fulham away is a tough task, but let's be real, this is a match that any top club with big aspirations should be winning.

Of course, the Whites won't make it easy for Tottenham this weekend, especially with Micky van de Ven out injured, but after dismantling Villa last weekend at Villa Park, Spurs should be confident of getting the same sort of result this weekend.

There are bound to be a number of twists and turns in this race for the top four, but if Spurs are to finish in the Champions Legaue places, these are the sorts of games they have to be winning, especially as their fixture list gets much tougher towards the end of the season.

If Sutton's prediction rings true, Spurs will almost certainly lose ground in the race for fourth.

https://tbrfootball.com/oh-dear-chris-sutton-has-now-predicted-the-result-of-tottenhams-game-against-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham poised to pay £4m Broja fee
There have been a spate of stories this week highlighting the fact that Fulham will have to fork out £4m for Armando Broja's loan fee should the Chelsea striker not start all of their remaining fixtures this season.

It is a strange situation as Broja hmself hasn't done a lot wrong. He actually perked up Fulham's attack when he replaced Timothy Castagne at Wolves last week and made Alex Iwobi's consolation goal by intelligently turning Antonee Robinson's cross into the path of the Nigerian international. Both Fulham and Broja expected the Albanian international to become a regular following his deadline day loan switch, but nobody could have predicted how a rejuvenated Rodrigo Muniz would leave him kicking his heels on the bench.

Perhaps the most eye-catching element of this story was the nugget in the Daily Mail a few days ago suggesting that Muniz's five goals have increased his value by £20m. That seems somewhat fantastical, but with the sizeable pots of prize money linked to league finishing positions, I don't think Fulham will be too put out at having to stump up the full loan fee for Broja. The lesson for Molineux is surely to play your best players – and Muniz more than deserves to keep his place in the starting line-up.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/fulham-poised-to-pay-4m-broja-fee/

WhiteJC

'Just love it' – Fulham man shares verdict on EFL loan spell after January move
Fulham midfielder Luke Harris has said he is 'loving' life on loan at Exeter City.

Exeter City swooped to land the Premier League man on a temporary deal until the end of the season in the January transfer window.

Harris, 19, scored his first goal for the League One side in their 3-0 win away at Shrewsbury Town last time out.

Speaking afterwards, he said, as per a report by DevonLive: "I'd like to think floodgates will open, I will stay confident., and hope they (the goals) will keep going in.

"I am loving it here, just love it. The last few games we have played well in all three but haven't got the points. Today we showed what we can do and hopefully go on a run to the end of the season."

Fulham man on life at Exeter City
Harris' winter switch to Exeter has turned out well for him and he will be benefitting from the regular football he is getting.

He has made 13 league appearances for the Grecians so far and has become a key player for them under Gary Caldwell.

The Wales youth international, who plays at Under-21 level, is due to return to Fulham in the summer and is under contract with the Whites until June 2026.

Harris has been on the books at Craven Cottage for his whole career to date and has risen up through the academy ranks of the London outfit.

He has been a regular at various different youth levels for his parent club and has played eight times for their first-team so far under Marco Silva.

The attacking midfielder is highly-rated by Fulham and they will be pleased with the way his stint at Exeter is going right now.

Caldwell's men are sat in 16th place in the table and are 10 points above the drop zone with eight matches left to play.

They are back in action this weekend with home clash against Burton Albion as they look to get some more points on the board and end this term on a high.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/03/14/just-love-it-fulham-man-shares-verdict-on-efl-loan-spell-after-january-move/

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Tottenham Prediction and Preview
Ange Postecoglou's side look to strengthen their quest for a Champions League spot. We look ahead to Fulham vs Tottenham with our prediction and preview.

Fulham vs Tottenham Stats: Quick Hits

The Opta supercomputer rates Tottenham Hotspur as favourites, with the visitors beating Fulham in 44.1% of pre-match simulations.
    Fulham have lost 14 of their last 16 Premier League games against Tottenham (W1 D1).
    Son Heung-min has been involved in 22 goals in his last 21 Premier League appearances, scoring 14 and assisting eight.

Match Preview
Tottenham may be starting to dream of UEFA Champions League football next season after a crucial win over Aston Villa in the top-four battle, which will continue when Ange Postecoglou's men travel to face Fulham at Craven Cottage in the Premier League on Saturday.

Spurs are two points behind Villa in the table but hold the advantage with a game in hand and a marginally better goal difference after crushing Unai Emery's side 4-0 at Villa Park in a one-sided Matchday 28 clash. The visitors did the damage with four second-half goals as James Maddison, Son Heung-min, Brennan Johnson and Timo Werner were all on target on Sunday.

Son teed up two of those strikes, taking him to 22 goal involvements in his last 21 Premier League appearances after scoring 14 and assisting eight. The South Korean has had a hand in six goals in his last six London derby matches (five goals, one assist) as well.

Maddison, meanwhile, has been directly involved in nine goals in eight away games in the league this season (three goals, six assists); only in 2022-23 has he had more goal involvements away from home in a single top-flight campaign (11 in 16 appearances).

Werner will be looking to score in three consecutive games in the competition for the first time come Saturday's kick-off, last doing so in league action in November/December 2019 at RB Leipzig (a run of seven). The former Chelsea forward has been involved in four goals in seven league appearances for Spurs (two goals, two assists).

That fearsome attacking trio, coupled with the improvement of Johnson and the ever-reliable Dejan Kulusevski, have helped Tottenham score 59 Premier League goals this season, a tally only bettered by the current top three of Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City.

Spurs' rate of 2.2 goals per game is also their second highest in a single Premier League campaign after 2016-17 (2.3), and they have managed in recent weeks without the injured Richarlison, who could return for the Craven Cottage visit. Micky van de Ven's fitness will be monitored after coming off in the second half at Villa, while Postecoglou's squad remains without Manor Solomon, Fraser Forster and Ryan Sessegnon.

As for the hosts, Fulham manager Marco Silva will have been disappointed with the manner of the 2-1 defeat at Wolves, which followed impressive wins over Brighton and Manchester United. Alex Iwobi's 98th-minute finish counted for little at Molineux on Saturday as the Cottagers already trailed through Rayan Aït-Nouri's opener and a Tom Cairney own goal.

Cairney knocking past teammate Bernd Leno marked Fulham's fourth own goal in the Premier League this season; only rock-bottom Sheffield United (five) have put the ball in their own net more often. The general outlook for Silva's men is nowhere near as bleak, though, as they sit 12th in the table heading into the weekend.

Postecoglou will want to be mindful on Saturday of Rodrigo Muniz, who has been involved in six goals in his last six Premier League games (five goals, one assist), having not scored or assisted in any of his first 10 this season. However, he has started in each of his last six appearances; he only started three of his first 10.

The striker's run in the Fulham lineup owes to the prolonged absence of Raúl Jiménez, who Silva will hope can pass a late fitness test to return from a thigh injury that has kept him out since the end of January. Thankfully for the hosts, that is their only known injury concern heading into this London derby.

Fulham vs Tottenham Head-to-Head
Fulham's record against Tottenham is woeful, having lost 14 of their last 16 Premier League meetings (W1 D1). They are winless in nine (D1 L8) since a 1-0 victory at White Hart Lane in March 2013.

Indeed, Spurs have won each of their last seven top-flight away games at Craven Cottage, their joint-longest run of away league victories against an opponent (also two runs of seven against Villa).

The most recent meeting ended in a 2-0 victory for Postecoglou's side at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in October, with Son and Maddison scoring. Fulham did triumph on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the EFL Cup second round in August, though.

Recent Form
Tottenham will be looking to secure back-to-back away league wins for the first time since October, while they've scored at least twice in each of their last six on the road, only once having a longer run in their league history (10 between April and October 1960).

Yet it will be no straightforward task given only the current top five clubs and Newcastle United have won more Premier League home games than Fulham's eight this term, which is as many as the Cottagers managed last season. They last won more in a single top-flight campaign in 2011-12 (10).

Fulham have also won their last two Premier League home London derbies, beating West Ham 5-0 and Arsenal 2-1 in December, but they've never won three consecutive such matches in the division before.

Tottenham have their own derby-day record at stake, too, having lost just one of their last 10 league matches against fellow London clubs away from home (W3 D6), while they are unbeaten in six (W3 D3) since a 3-1 loss at fierce rivals Arsenal in October last season.

Opta Power Rankings
The Opta Power Rankings are a global team ranking system that assigns an ability score to over 13,000 domestic football teams on a scale between zero and 100, where zero is the worst-ranked team in the world and 100 is the best team in the world.

Ahead of kick-off this weekend, here is the Opta Power Ranking for both sides.

Fulham vs Tottenham Prediction

The Opta supercomputer sees Tottenham as the favourites at Craven Cottage, with the visitors winning 44.1% of 10,000 pre-match simulations, some way ahead of Fulham's 28.3% likelihood.

A draw would be a blow to Spurs' top-four charge, though that result was forecast at 27.6% in the same data-led model as Postecoglou's side prepare for a testing end to the campaign.

After defeating Villa, Spurs (53.1%) are now the favourites to finish fourth and secure Champions League football in Opta's end-of-season simulations, ahead of Unai Emery's men (41.2%). Meanwhile, Fulham are expected to finish 12th – their current league-table position – most often in 36.1%.

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2024/03/fulham-vs-tottenham-prediction/

WhiteJC

"Those days are over" – Fulham can breathe sigh of relief as club's transfer plans changed completely
Bayern Munich have seemingly abandoned their plans to sign Joao Palhinha from Fulham, with Real Sociedad's Martin Zubimendi now their main focus.

That's according to journalist Christian Falk, who reports that the days of the German champions focusing on the Portuguese midfielder are now over.

Palhinha was the main target for Bayern in the summer as they looked for a new number six for Thomas Tuchel and a deal was close to being done on deadline day of the window.

Palhinha had even travelled to Munich for a medical and posed for photos with the club photographer before the deal was cancelled at the last minute as Fulham had failed to find a replacement.

That left the midfielder devastated and hoping for a deal to be done in January but that never happened, with Bayern instead turning their attentions elsewhere and Palhinha signing a new deal at Craven Cottage in the interim.

It remained to be seen whether Bayern's interest would be revived this summer as the number six position still needs strengthening, even if Tuchel will be departing.

However, a report yesterday stated that they'd now abandoned their plans and Palhinha was no longer on the list of players being looked at.

Falk now backs that up, insisting that times have changed at the Allianz Arena and the Fulham man is no longer being considered.

"This is true. Joao Palhinha, who kept us busy in the summer, was already in Munich and would have signed a contact but then Fulham didn't release him," he said.

"Bayern would have accepted him with a kiss on the hand, but those days are over. I heard that Martin Zubimendi is much higher on the list and should be the new number six for the new season.

"The Spaniard from Real Sociedad would be available with an exit clause, similar to Palhinha, but he's become more expensive with the contract extension and is not quite the same anymore.

"They were convinced that he (Palhinha) would simply have been the best solution at the time but now Zubimendi would fit the profile of Bayern much better."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/days-fulham-can-breathe-sigh-relief-clubs-transfer-plans-changed-completely/

WhiteJC

Spurs Ticket Exchange: Last Chance
The Official Fulham FC Ticket Exchange will close at 2pm on Saturday ahead of our Premier League fixture against Tottenham Hotspur.

With less than 48 hours to go, Season Ticket Holders who can no longer make the fixture are encouraged to list their seat as soon as possible to give themselves the best possible chance of their seat being sold.

2023/24 Season Ticket Holders and Members* can now purchase tickets for this fixture through the Ticket Exchange (max. one ticket per person), subject to availability.

Don't miss out as the Whites take on Ange Postecoglou's Spurs side on Saturday 16th March, kick-off 5:30pm.

BUY TICKETS ON TICKET EXCHANGE

SELL TICKETS ON TICKET EXCHANGE

*Membership must have been purchased by 9am on Tuesday 20th February - new Members after this point would not be eligible to purchase tickets through the Ticket Exchange for this fixture.

Supporters are reminded that if you have listed your seat on the Ticket Exchange but it has not been purchased, it will be returned to your Season Ticket card.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/march/14/spurs-ticket-exchange-last-chance/

WhiteJC

Say Hello To Some Stadium Sleepout Participants
The first ever Craven Cottage Stadium Sleepout is only a week away! In anticipation for this inaugural event taking place on Thursday 21st April, let us introduce you to Laura, Oliver and Mike. They are three participants who are ready to brave the elements!

Funds raised from the Stadium Sleepout will support projects like our new More Than A Game football session, working with St Mungo's to support the mental wellbeing of people who are experiencing, or are at risk of, homelessness within the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham.

Don't want to miss out? Good news, you can still register!

Laura Taylor

Where are you from? London, I was born in Hammersmith so am a local Fulham fan!

What are you most looking forward to? Being in the stadium 'after dark' when it's empty - it's a small, intimate ground but it will likely feel very eerie as the night goes on!

What's your history with Craven Cottage? I've been a fan all my life, coming to games with my Dad since I was little, and have had a season ticket for 14 years, so go every other week!

What motivated you to participate in this event? Two things really - I was looking at doing a night walk in London for charity as I've always wanted to do one, but then this popped up on my LinkedIn feed and I jumped at it. The opportunity to be part of the first (though hopefully not the last) Stadium Sleepout at my favourite place in London was too good to turn down, plus I wanted to do something for the Foundation who I know do some fantastic work in the community, particularly with refugees, of which we know someone who has enjoyed playing for Fulham Kicks. I can't wait!

donate to Laura

Oliver Stott

Where are you from? I live in Laleham in Surrey

What are you most looking forward to? Looking forward to having a new experience with Fulham FC, whilst supporting a good cause for the Foundation, raising money. I trained with Fulham when I was 11-14 with the Foundation, so it's a fond memory to have.

What's your history with Craven Cottage? I have been attending Fulham FC matches since I was five, and been a Season Ticket Holder since I was seven. My grandad has been a long standing Fulham Season Ticket Holder and I go to every home game with him in the Riverside Stand. I'm a fourth generation Fulham supporter.

Will your friends and/or family be joining you under the stars? Yes, I am going with my best friend who is also an avid Fulham supporter and we are both very much looking forward to spending the night there.

What motivated you to participate in this event? We are excited to be able to stay there and having access to areas where we would not normally be allow to visit. I am 19 and a supporter from birth and have had the opportunity to go for 14 years. We can't wait to be there and are looking forward to it.

donate to Oliver

Where are you from? I was born in Hammersmith and lived most of my life in Maidenhead and Wimbledon. I now live in Leatherhead.

What are you most looking forward to? It will be a unique experience sleeping out at Craven Cottage and I can't wait to see how the stadium comes to life at night, under the stars. There is something special about being in an empty stadium with unique access. I will also be looking out for the rumoured ghosts....

What's your history with Craven Cottage? I have been going to Craven Cottage for the last 40 years!

What motivated you to participate in this event? Working at the Foundation is a great privilege and I see day to day what a positive impact our staff have on the participants we engage. It is to continue to support their great work and for me to also say thank you.

donate to mike

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/march/14/say-hello-to-some-stadium-sleepout-participants/

WhiteJC

How Tottenham plan to use Radu Dragusin against Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur are likely to start Radu Dragusin when they face Fulham in the Premier League this weekend.

Spurs lost Micky van de Ven to injury against Aston Villa last time out, and the January signing replaced the summer arrival in the 49th minute of the game.

Although Ange Postecoglou said he didn't believe Van de Ven's injury was anything too significant, the 22-year-old wasn't spotted in Wednesday's training session.

With that in mind, Dragusin is likely to come into the Tottenham starting XI. And The Athletic's Charlie Eccleshare has spoken about what Spurs fans could expect from him.

'Good test' for Tottenham ace Radu Dragusin
Speaking on the View From The Lane podcast, Eccleshare believes Fulham "will be a good test" for the 22-year-old after coming on at the "perfect time" against Villa.

Eccleshare also thinks Tottenham will do "little different" with regards to Dragusin and Romero's instructions, namely letting them sit back and backing them to deal with the Cottagers' attacking threats.

"I was thinking it was kind of the perfect game, that Villa one, for him to come into," he said.

"It was long enough for it to feel like a proper performance, obviously it's good opposition, but it wasn't like he was being chucked on to a siege, especially as as they went down to ten men.

"He had a fair bit to deal with and obviously [Ollie] Watkins is one of the league's best strikers, but in a controlled way.

"I suspect that it'll be little different, the approach in that Spurs will leave him and Romero back and basically back them to deal with Fulham's attacking threats, which will be a good test for him."

Radu Dragusin will look to impress as Micky van de Ven stand-in
It would be surprising not to see Dragusin come into the starting XI this weekend.

And it'll be good to see how the 'outstanding' ace fares after being given time to acclimatise at Tottenham and effectively being soft-launched at N17.

Spurs famously beat Bayern Munich and Napoli to Dragusin's signature. It just goes to show how strong their pull has become, and he's not the only top talent they've signed in recent years.

The likes of Pape Matar Sarr, Destiny Udogie, Brennan Johnson, Dejan Kulusevski have all joined in recent years and look set to be the foundations of a great squad now and going forward.

https://tbrfootball.com/how-tottenham-plan-to-use-radu-dragusin-against-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fabrizio Romano claims Fulham have just made a move to block potential Liverpool transfer
Fulham have made a new offer to try and secure defender Tosin Adarabioyo to a new contract amid links with a move to Liverpool.

Adarabioyo's contract has been a cloud over his recent performances.

The former Manchester City talent has developed into a quality centre back but enjoying his displays has become difficult.

Fulham fans are all too aware that Adarabioyo is out of contract this summer and is mere months away from being a free agent.

Some have probably given up hope of seeing Adarabioyo in a Fulham shirt next season, but the club haven't just yet...

Fulham make new Tosin Adarabioyo contract
Fabrizio Romano now reports that Fulham have made a new proposal for Adarabioyo to stay at Craven Cottage.

It's claimed that Adarabioyo has been offered a pay rise to stay as Fulham push for the defender to commit his future to the cub.

However, Romano does add that Adarabioyo plans to keep considering his future amid strong interest from elsewhere.

Fulham have at least made their move and there isn't much more people can ask.

It's now up to Adarabioyo and he certainly isn't short of potential exit routes this summer.

Reports from Italy suggest that AC Milan are still weighing up a move for Adarabioyo after being offered the chance to sign him in January.

The London Evening Standard have reported that Liverpool fancy signing Adarabioyo, viewing him as a bargain addition for the summer.

West Ham United have been linked as well this week, so Adarabioyo has plenty of interest and plenty to think about.

Fulham's offer is now on the table and we can only hope that the giant centre back decides to stay in West London and continue his impressive spell as a Fulham player.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/03/14/fabrizio-romano-claims-fulham-have-just-made-a-move-to-block-potential-liverpool-transfer/

filham

We always look upon Alan Mullery as one of our best ever players and included in that bunch of all time greats second only to Haynes. He certainly carries that honoured title "one of our own".
However , reading the article above we have to admit that he has stronger ties to Spurs where he enjoyed so much success over a long period.

Oh , wouldn't it be good to see another Alan Mullery at the Cottage.