watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky are EVIL!

Started by Nick Bateman, March 15, 2024, 06:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassy Noel

Congratulations Nick for introducing the R word.It may have been the right thing in the wrong position but that was something that Scotty Parker did all the time.(On second thoughts he usually got the wrong thing in the wrong position).Whatever.I was not in the least discombobulated by it despite my father being an antidisestablishmentarianist.

The Old Count

You've got to love this message board. It reflects much of the Fulham fanbase: educated and cerebral.
I think it's unlikely you'll see a discussion on the use of words like 'rhadamanthine' on Brentford or QPR message boards.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: The Old Count on March 16, 2024, 09:15:41 AMYou've got to love this message board. It reflects much of the Fulham fanbase: educated and cerebral.
I think it's unlikely you'll see a discussion on the use of words like 'rhadamanthine' on Brentford or QPR message boards.
Perhaps on the Brighton message board and then only by the Hove contingent. Which makes me wonder why they are clumsily called Brighton and Hove Albion instead of the tidy Brighton Hovers.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Dodgin on March 16, 2024, 09:02:29 AMGood to learn new words. Ever since I have never understood. What's a pofore?

A pofore is to get rid of excessive digestive waste
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Free Elvis Hammond

I learnt this week that 'jentacular' means pertaining to breakfast

As it happens I am quite rhadamanthine in my jenctacular routine (not to mention the early morning pofore)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

does that make me 'anti' antidissestablishment or pro antidissestablishment, or anti prob dissthingy
A clue, I was a huge supporter of Christopher Hitchens

There are a plethora of variations, but I am anti using plethora
in a negative way.

Feel free to add the suffix 'ist' as in pist
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on March 16, 2024, 10:48:33 AMI learnt this week that 'jentacular' means pertaining to breakfast

As it happens I am quite rhadamanthine in my jenctacular routine (not to mention the early morning pofore)

Was it not the eating of too many jenctaculars pofore breakfast that brought sbout the demise of your namesake?

v

I might be in the infinitesimal minority here, but I do enjoy Nick's sometimes vituperative posts that occasionally border on obloquy but never venture into billingsgate... 😋

alfie

Quote from: v on March 16, 2024, 02:29:08 PMI might be in the infinitesimal minority here, but I do enjoy Nick's sometimes vituperative posts that occasionally border on obloquy but never venture into billingsgate... 😋

😂something fishy here
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Barrett487

Where's that thread gone about alternative word definitions? We could have a field day  :cheesy: