watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sky are EVIL!

Started by Nick Bateman, March 15, 2024, 06:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Sky have deliberately scheduled Fulham V Tottenham Premier League London derby at the same time as the big Manchester City V Newcastle FA Cup clash on BBC at 5:30pm on Saturday.

Rather than choosing a later time so football fans can enjoy BOTH games, they have rhadamanthine to harm BBC's viewing figures while at the same time spoiling both Fulham and Spurs fans who have to miss out on City-Newcastle.

This is pure evil scheduling designed to deprive football fans of full entertainment of their sport. They will probably goal flash any news from the City-Newcatle match to spoil any fans who are recording it to watch later.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

Sky's are dominating football and there is nothing football fans can do about it except moan at every opportunity.
Well done Nick.

alfie

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 15, 2024, 06:16:13 PMSky have deliberately scheduled Fulham V Tottenham Premier League London derby at the same time as the big Manchester City V Newcastle FA Cup clash on BBC at 5:30pm on Saturday.

Rather than choosing a later time so football fans can enjoy BOTH games, they have rhadamanthine to harm BBC's viewing figures while at the same time spoiling both Fulham and Spurs fans who have to miss out on City-Newcastle.

This is pure evil scheduling designed to deprive football fans of full entertainment of their sport. They will probably goal flash any news from the City-Newcatle match to spoil any fans who are recording it to watch later.
I couldn't care less about the city/Newcastle game, I have no desire to watch them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Cravenette

Well I think our game had already been chosen for the 5.30 ko before this FA Cup round had been drawn.

sarnian

Quote from: The Cravenette on March 15, 2024, 07:19:14 PMWell I think our game had already been chosen for the 5.30 ko before this FA Cup round had been drawn.

Correct, but it won't stop Bateman trying to stir things.

Eton White

I think this is the first time I've ever seen the word "rhadamanthine" on a football forum!

It's just a shame you've used it incorrectly!

Twig

Quote from: Eton White on March 15, 2024, 07:44:57 PMI think this is the first time I've ever seen the word "rhadamanthine" on a football forum!

Sadly you're correct. It can be an adjective or an adverb but cannot be used in the way Nick has attempted. Nevertheless I like the completely inaccurate but merited pop at Sky.

SP

Quote from: sarnian on March 15, 2024, 07:23:48 PM
Quote from: The Cravenette on March 15, 2024, 07:19:14 PMWell I think our game had already been chosen for the 5.30 ko before this FA Cup round had been drawn.

Wait till he hears tonight's ladies game was delayed due to clashing socks............

Eton White

Quote from: Twig on March 15, 2024, 08:01:04 PM
Quote from: Eton White on March 15, 2024, 07:44:57 PMI think this is the first time I've ever seen the word "rhadamanthine" on a football forum!

Sadly you're correct. It can be an advert or an adverb but cannot be used in the way Nich has attempted. Nevertheless I like the completely inaccurate but merited pop at Sky.

The thing I find most disappointing about Nick's posts lately is his reduced use of bold font and multi-coloured text.

It used to literally brighten up his mean spirited yet nonsensical tirades.

H4usuallysitting

I blame the Khan's, the tourists and anyone associated with the development of the Riverside Stand

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Eton White on March 15, 2024, 08:15:59 PM

Sadly you're correct. It can be an advert or an adverb but cannot be used in the way Nich has attempted. Nevertheless I like the completely inaccurate but merited pop at Sky.

The thing I find most disappointing about Nick's posts lately is his reduced use of bold font and multi-coloured text.

I was in a rush and careless with the grammar and the lettering effects allowable by this multifaceted symposium.

Eton White

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 15, 2024, 09:15:29 PM
Quote from: Eton White on March 15, 2024, 08:15:59 PM

I was in a rush and careless with the grammar and the lettering effects allowable by this multifaceted symposium.

::thumb::

Woolly Mammoth

Now you mention it, i suppose it is stern and inflexible judgement.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Kemosabe

It's not that often I learn a new word.  Thank you, Mr Bateman....I think.

Now I need to come up with a means to shoehorn it into a conversation with my children.  I've had some success with other obscure words - I chuckle when one child criticises the other for some "rebarbative behaviour".  But "rhadamanthine" is a in a different league altogether!

Eton White

Quote from: Kemosabe on March 15, 2024, 10:13:50 PMIt's not that often I learn a new word.  Thank you, Mr Bateman....I think.

Now I need to come up with a means to shoehorn it into a conversation with my children.  I've had some success with other obscure words - I chuckle when one child criticises the other for some "rebarbative behaviour".  But "rhadamanthine" is a in a different league altogether!

It's a great word, just don't use it like Nick did!  ::wink::

It's an adjective - it describes a noun. You can "be' rhadamanthine or act in a rhadamanthine way, in the same way that you can be happy or nasty - or inflexibly stern.
But you can't "have rhadamanthine".

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Kemosabe on March 15, 2024, 10:13:50 PMIt's not that often I learn a new word.  Thank you, Mr Bateman....I think.

Didn't Rebarbative play for Spurs and United??

Thailand Mick

Quote from: filham on March 15, 2024, 06:46:32 PMSky's are dominating football and there is nothing football fans can do about it except moan at every opportunity.
Well done Nick.
In my opinion I have to disagree with you on the second part of your post, firstly I have never given a penny to sky tv because I remember when they started and had BSB as their competition they said the only thing you would pay extra for was Movies then once they had no competition that all changed. The football fans that don't support a big six club should refuse to buy their package until they sort out the biased promoting of the big six. There are other ways of watching their team without paying sky.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 16, 2024, 12:39:50 AM

Didn't Rebarbative play for Spurs and United??
To be fair I just assumed it was a typo!!
 :slap:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Asotosyios

Quote from: sarnian on March 15, 2024, 07:23:48 PM

I have to agree with Nick here, but I think it's mostly the FA's fault.

Everyone likes to talk about the magic of the FA Cup and here we have a deliberate clash of one of the quarter-, finals with a Premier League game - it doesn't really matter which the teams are.

Sky did what every TV station would do to fill it's programme - it's the FA that should have kept some slots available just for the four cup games.

Dodgin

Good to learn new words. Ever since I have never understood. What's a pofore?