more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

These e-mails flogging the Chairman’s Dining Room

Started by SP, March 19, 2024, 07:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

No!

Love the Cottage, love champagne but Tattinger has no place in my match day experience!

The bumpf advertises spending an uninterrupted, extended amount of time in a one-of-a-kind setting.

The Cottage is the ultimate one-of-a-kind setting regardless of where you sit.

Twig

Yeah, it's certainly one of a kind but for me it needs to remain a one of a kind football venue not a bloody champagne Charlie, hooray Henry travesty. Like you I quite enjoy a glass of shampoo but it just doesn't fit with a day at a match.

Dodger53

Quote from: Twig on March 20, 2024, 08:57:16 AMYeah, it's certainly one of a kind but for me it needs to remain a one of a kind football venue not a bloody champagne Charlie, hooray Henry travesty. Like you I quite enjoy a glass of shampoo but it just doesn't fit with a day at a match.
I agree however a glass (or three ) of West Sussex bubbly certainly went down well when I got home Saturday!

flyingfish

Quote from: Twig on March 20, 2024, 08:57:16 AMYeah, it's certainly one of a kind but for me it needs to remain a one of a kind football venue not a bloody champagne Charlie, hooray Henry travesty. Like you I quite enjoy a glass of shampoo but it just doesn't fit with a day at a match.

Luckily for you no one is going to make you sit in the chairman's dining room and you can continue pissing against the wall in the hammy end bogs. Both things can exist together

Twig

Quote from: flyingfish on March 20, 2024, 03:17:54 PM

Luckily for you no one is going to make you sit in the chairman's dining room and you can continue pissing against the wall in the hammy end bogs. Both things can exist together

Rather odd and slightly aggressive response? As far as I am aware I didn't suggest I was forced to sit anywhere.

More to the point I'm not certain that both can sit comfortably together long term. Rightly or wrongly FFC seems to be moving away from targeting its traditional fan base and instead seeking to attract spectators prepared to pay more, both for tickets and f & b.  The shift in ticket pricing strategy has been widely discussed already and I understand the pressures to maximise revenues. However, it does feel that we are moving gradually away from our past as a traditional, family friendly club?

Where will it all end? I guess none of us can know.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Twig on March 20, 2024, 05:52:22 PM

Rather odd and slightly aggressive response? As far as I am aware I didn't suggest I was forced to sit anywhere.

More to the point I'm not certain that both can sit comfortably together long term. Rightly or wrongly FFC seems to be moving away from targeting its traditional fan base and instead seeking to attract spectators prepared to pay more, both for tickets and f & b.  The shift in ticket pricing strategy has been widely discussed already and I understand the pressures to maximise revenues. However, it does feel that we are moving gradually away from our past as a traditional, family friendly club?

Of course they can sit together. We need to keep our PSR responsibilities and anything that helps generate money and take it out of the hands of tourists, stockbrokers and celebrities is fine with me. There might be fans who would love a birthday present in the cottage or a stag do. Has nothing to do with everyday ticket prices.

Lets stop moaning about the club creating new revenue streams. Having seen whats happened to Everton and Forest anything helps.

Twig

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on March 20, 2024, 06:25:35 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 20, 2024, 05:52:22 PM

Of course they can sit together. We need to keep our PSR responsibilities and anything that helps generate money and take it out of the hands of tourists, stockbrokers and celebrities is fine with me. There might be fans who would love a birthday present in the cottage or a stag do. Has nothing to do with everyday ticket prices.

Lets stop moaning about the club creating new revenue streams. Having seen whats happened to Everton and Forest anything helps.

Birthday parties and stag does for Fulham fans would be fine by me but if you have read the advertising material then you will know that this is emphatically not the market being targeted (unless you are a multi millionaire fan).  Anyway, who is moaning?

btffc

Anyone ever inquire to find out the price? Curious what they charge for that. Gotta be at least 1000/person.

Ronnief

Back in 2014 I attended a match in the main lounge and sat with George Cohen for lunch, half time drinks and after the match. During the match Ivor sat next to me. It was a very enjoyable experience but cost £300 plus then. What such a match day experience would cost now I would hate to guess. I expect the only way I would do such a day again would be on a freeby or some kindly sole would invite me along.

EN1 FFC

I thank the Club for their invitation to the Chairmans experience..but...
I'd like to take the opportunity to give the Chairman & CEO an invitation to swap seats for My Seat in the JHS for half a season,
which includes delightfully cramped seating with obstructed views,
Que and eat expensive dried out food, on a packed concourse,
They can have exclusive access to the 2ft by 3ft toilet cubicle facilities (because no one else uses them)
And all this for magnificant extra 18% put on top of my ST this season.
I'm sure they will delight in the few improvements (if I could find them) that have been made since we used to stand on the Terraces in the Enclosure.
::scarf::  :Khan_you_fix_it: 

SG

I have little doubt that I could not afford it but if some mugs/companies are willing to pay £10k or more a match then I am very happy for them to do it.

Interesting to see we are now an official boat race host - I suspect that will generate a fair few bucks in the years to come as people seem happy to spend loads of money watching a few boats go past for a minute or two.

Very happy for both of these to assist our sustainability