https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea could potentialy get point deduction as well

Started by SerbianLad, March 20, 2024, 10:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Oh no... Would hate if that happened  😆 Would be completely undeserved 😆

btffc

If it happens it would be next year and I'm fairly certain this guy is just speculating about the possibilities then talkSPORT are clickbaiting the hell out of it.

SerbianLad

Quote from: btffc on March 20, 2024, 11:10:03 PMIf it happens it would be next year and I'm fairly certain this guy is just speculating about the possibilities then talkSPORT are clickbaiting the hell out of it.
I know, but one can dream 😁

btffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2024, 11:12:29 PM
Quote from: btffc on March 20, 2024, 11:10:03 PMIf it happens it would be next year and I'm fairly certain this guy is just speculating about the possibilities then talkSPORT are clickbaiting the hell out of it.

Haha agreed. Sadly unless it is something absolutely massive that causes them to be relegated it will only reinforce that their approach was correct to take a one year hit in order to completely rebuild their entire squad.

SerbianLad

Quote from: btffc on March 20, 2024, 11:17:39 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2024, 11:12:29 PM

Haha agreed. Sadly unless it is something absolutely massive that causes them to be relegated it will only reinforce that their approach was correct to take a one year hit in order to completely rebuild their entire squad.
They have rebuilt yes, but we'll see if they have rebuilt well or poorly. They may well be quadruple winners in 3-4 years time, but equally they may stay in the middle of the table. They spent tons of money on players with potential. There's a chance many won't reach that potential they have. They should have bought some proven players as well, but we'll see.

RaySmith

The game is in hock to the rich, powerful clubs.

Hit them with penalties-
and they seem a lot less likely to technically break the present rules, which very much favour them, than the smaller clubs, aspiring to compete -
and they can easily ride them, certainly fines, and even points deductions.

If they ever get penalised in the first place!

Angus Telford

They are a Champions League club on every metric that has been languishing in mid-table and completely out of Europe for two years now. Even looking forward, in the near future their spending is going be restricted by a lack of Champions League revenue (which is massive) and the previous spending they've spread over absurd 7-8 year contracts. If they get a points deduction, that'll likely just extend their time outside the CL. They have absolutely not gamed the system in any way. Any suggestion of a conspiracy or unfair advantage favouring bigger clubs is wildly misplaced in relation to Chelsea IMO.

I'd even go so far as saying I feel a bit sorry for their fans tbh.

bog

When Luton Town misbehaved they were deducted 30 points.... ::tongue::

H4usuallysitting

So, that could mean a few year's without champions league football...oh dear.... they'll be having a fire sale

Thailand Mick

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 21, 2024, 12:47:09 PMSo, that could mean a few year's without champions league football...oh dear.... they'll be having a fire sale
Can't remember the last time I see anyone wearing a Chelsea shirt here in Thailand, their sales must be suffering.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 21, 2024, 01:06:36 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 21, 2024, 12:47:09 PMSo, that could mean a few year's without champions league football...oh dear.... they'll be having a fire sale
Can't remember the last time I see anyone wearing a Chelsea shirt here in Thailand, their sales must be suffering.

Pretty soon they'll be ground sharing with Corinthian Casuals

FFC In Oz

If they sign Suphanat Mueanta (Thai striker who plays in Belgium) that could change haha

Rupert

The thing is, Chelsea are not a big club in the sense that the Manchester duo, Arsenal and Liverpool are. They could make that jump, but until then the financial rules may favour them slightly more than us, but not to the extent that they can completely ignore them.

From their point of view, it leaves them vulnerable to being used by the powers that be as potential examples to the rest of us. Hit them hard with a points deduction to show how tough they can be against bigger clubs. Than wimp out with Man City, who have substantially more expensive lawyers at their beck and call.

It will be interesting to see what happens to them.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Angus Telford

Quote from: Rupert on March 21, 2024, 02:37:35 PMThe thing is, Chelsea are not a big club in the sense that the Manchester duo, Arsenal and Liverpool are. They could make that jump, but until then the financial rules may favour them slightly more than us, but not to the extent that they can completely ignore them.

From their point of view, it leaves them vulnerable to being used by the powers that be as potential examples to the rest of us. Hit them hard with a points deduction to show how tough they can be against bigger clubs. Than wimp out with Man City, who have substantially more expensive lawyers at their beck and call.

It will be interesting to see what happens to them.

You don't think Chelsea can afford the most expensive lawyers?

Rupert

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 21, 2024, 03:30:01 PMYou don't think Chelsea can afford the most expensive lawyers?

Sorry, expensive was probably the wrong word. Effective is better. Influential. Dare I say, corrupt?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: FFC In Oz on March 21, 2024, 01:44:03 PM

If they sign Suphanat Mueanta (Thai striker who plays in Belgium) that could change haha
He scored last night in Thailand's fantastic draw in South Korea, maybe we should sign him lol.

filham

Chelsea will soon need to bring something different to the Bridge but can't think of anything attractive, there is no space anymore for those highlights from the past, care racing and greyhounds.