watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fode Ballo Toure

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 21, 2024, 09:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Could he be the immediate replacement of Robinson (if we lose Robinson)... I understand he's got a transfer value of around €3m....when we've seen him, he looked more than capable - he knows the club inside out....is Robinson's replacement (if he goes), already at the club

Fulham 442

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 21, 2024, 09:25:44 AMCould he be the immediate replacement of Robinson (if we lose Robinson)... I understand he's got a transfer value of around €3m....when we've seen him, he looked more than capable - he knows the club inside out....is Robinson's replacement (if he goes), already at the club
I was thinking the same, always looks decent whenever he gets a game, which is impressive given his limited time on the pitch.

SerbianLad

I'd buy him regardless of the potential Robinson transfer, but I'm not sure he'd be interested in being a backup. If Robinson were to leave, I'd sign FBT and one other LB of similar quality and let them fight it out.

Fulham 442

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 21, 2024, 10:19:14 AMI'd buy him regardless of the potential Robinson transfer, but I'm not sure he'd be interested in being a backup. If Robinson were to leave, I'd sign FBT and one other LB of similar quality and let them fight it out.
Yes that's the problem, I don't think he is too happy with his lack of game time.

filham

We need to give FBT more game time in order to establish whether or not he is capable of taking over from Robinson.

Pencil him in for 30 minutes against Liverpool, that should settle the matter.

bog

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 21, 2024, 09:25:44 AMCould he be the immediate replacement of Robinson (if we lose Robinson)... I understand he's got a transfer value of around €3m....when we've seen him, he looked more than capable - he knows the club inside out....is Robinson's replacement (if he goes), already at the club

My thoughts entirely.

Jim©

I said on a separate thread yesterday, this season has hardly sold the club to him. Add to that, he's not even made the bench the last couple of games, I doubt he's thinking too highly about us!

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: filham on March 21, 2024, 10:27:10 AMWe need to give FBT more game time in order to establish whether or not he is capable of taking over from Robinson.

Pencil him in for 30 minutes against Liverpool, that should settle the matter.

Surely the power's to be have seen enough of him in training & when he's played to make a decision.... giving him 30 minutes in any one game won't prove anything

hovewhite

They know at the club what he's about his quality what he offers.but can see why he wouldn't want to stay.

FishaPrice

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 21, 2024, 10:19:14 AMI'd buy him regardless of the potential Robinson transfer, but I'm not sure he'd be interested in being a backup. If Robinson were to leave, I'd sign FBT and one other LB of similar quality and let them fight it out.

I agree with this strategy.

FulhamKC

Can't Castagne play LB? Then Tete slots into RB.

vancouver

Quality loan signing, as he pushed Robinson to improve and be consistent.

St Eve

The few occasions that he has played I thought he looked good.

btffc

Would love for him to stay on a permanent and there is no place for him at Milan so he would come pretty cheap, but as others have said it is really hard to imagine him wanting to come here if Robinson stays. He is in his prime years and will want to play which is totally understandable.

Maybe if we make Europe so there are more opportunities to play and he enjoys London and the squad(no clue if either are true) then he would decide to stay but I have my doubts.

If Robinson is sold then I think we have a very good chance as he will be given the chance to be 1st choice, but I'd really rather Robinson stays.

LC

Robinson shouldn't be going anywhere. We can't challenge further up the table if we sell our best players.

To be honest with Palhinha turning 29 years old soon it makes more sense for him to go than Robinson. Palhinha's value will fall as he gets older, whereas, Robinson is still fairly young and there's still room for his value to increase- presuming he continues to improve.

Either way neither of them should be leaving 

Fulham 442

Quote from: LC on March 22, 2024, 03:31:14 PMRobinson shouldn't be going anywhere. We can't challenge further up the table if we sell our best players.

To be honest with Palhinha turning 29 years old soon it makes more sense for him to go than Robinson. Palhinha's value will fall as he gets older, whereas, Robinson is still fairly young and there's still room for his value to increase- presuming he continues to improve.

Either way neither of them should be leaving 
Unfortunately though we do sell our best players, time and time again...

WindyCity

I've really liked Ballo Toure in his few shows, cameos.  Looks like a very good player in there.  Have been reading some of the reports in the Fulham Stuff threads (many thanks to WhiteJC for providing, read them all the time), and it is usually pointed out how his move to FFC has been a failure, a flop.  Totally ridiculous and poor reporting.  His problem is he is playing behind one of the best and most consistent LB's in the league.  Through no fault of his own, Ballo Toure is finding it difficult to get playing time.

I'd like to retain this player, but obviously there are difficulties in so doing....

btffc

Quote from: WindyCity on March 22, 2024, 04:24:44 PMI've really liked Ballo Toure in his few shows, cameos.  Looks like a very good player in there.  Have been reading some of the reports in the Fulham Stuff threads (many thanks to WhiteJC for providing, read them all the time), and it is usually pointed out how his move to FFC has been a failure, a flop.  Totally ridiculous and poor reporting.  His problem is he is playing behind one of the best and most consistent LB's in the league.  Through no fault of his own, Ballo Toure is finding it difficult to get playing time.

I'd like to retain this player, but obviously there are difficulties in so doing....

Agree with this and really hate the framing of his loan as a failure. He was brought in to be a backup and he has been just that. Robinson has been in top form and is an ironman. We just haven't needed him which is totally fine and when called upon he has looked very good. Hard to ask much more than that from a loan.