watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - weird interview questions

Started by Burt, March 21, 2024, 03:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

My girl was being interviewed for a PR role earlier this week and was asked the following:

Where would you go in a time machine and why?

You can either have more time or more money. What would you choose, and what would you do with it?

What's something about yourself that people would be surprised to know?

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

If your life were a movie, what 5 songs would feature on the soundtrack?

You have a £100 budget to advertise yourself. What would you do to make yourself stand out?

What are you known for?

Any other weird examples out there?

Motspur Park

Quote from: Burt on March 21, 2024, 03:38:30 PMMy girl was being interviewed for a PR role earlier this week and was asked the following:

Where would you go in a time machine and why?

You can either have more time or more money. What would you choose, and what would you do with it?

What's something about yourself that people would be surprised to know?

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

You have a £100 budget to advertise yourself. What would you do to make yourself stand out?

What are you known for?

Any other weird examples out there?

Thankfully I don't and won't ever have to answer meaningless crap like that now nor ever in the future.

Eton White

Quote from: Burt on March 21, 2024, 03:38:30 PMIf you could trade places with any other person for a week, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

Why would anyone want to trade places with a dead person? Can't be much fun.

Southcoastffc

I wonder what role she was applying for?  Spy?  Home Secretary?

I've never had daft questions like that but I once went for an interview at a broadcast media organisation and the entire surface of the desk of the guy interviewing me was covered - and I do mean literally covered - with post it notes.  I decided there and then I did not want to work for him.

In earlier years, a friend of mine was given a clipboard holding a sheet of psychometric tests (tick boxes).  Instead of a pen or pencil, he was given a screwdriver and told to punch holes in the relevant tick boxes.  He stood up, said "I've changed my mind." and left.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Burt on March 21, 2024, 03:38:30 PMIf you could trade places with any other person for a week, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

I would trade places with the interviewer and hire myself.

ianthailand

Quote from: Eton White on March 21, 2024, 04:12:02 PM

Why would anyone want to trade places with a dead person? Can't be much fun.
Maybe it's better than answering stupid questions!

cmg

At least it gives the interviewee an immediate indication that they wouldn't want to work for an organization that gives any credence to such garbage.

filham

They are not really interested in the questions but just how smart ( entertaining the answers are )

I remember a question in the RAF for those who wanted to get on the POM (potential officer material)list.

You are driving home late at night in your two seater sports car and standing at a bus stop a mile or two from your home were an attractive blond you had been trying to date for a long time, a man who lived next door to you and an old lady who had difficulty walking and lived close to you.  Knowing that the last bus had gone which one would you give a lift to.

The answer that earned a place on the POM list was:-

I would jump out of the car tell my neighbour to drive the old lady home then park the car outside my house while I would spend an hour slowly walking the attractive blond home.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: filham on March 22, 2024, 03:37:02 PMThey are not really interested in the questions but just how smart ( entertaining the answers are )

I remember a question in the RAF for those who wanted to get on the POM (potential officer material)list.

You are driving home late at night in your two seater sports car and standing at a bus stop a mile or two from your home were an attractive blond you had been trying to date for a long time, a man who lived next door to you and an old lady who had difficulty walking and lived close to you.  Knowing that the last bus had gone which one would you give a lift to.

I would jump out of the car tell my neighbour to drive the old lady home then park the car outside my house while I would spend an hour slowly walking the attractive blond home.

[/quote
Quote from: filham on March 22, 2024, 03:37:02 PMI think that I would have picked up the blonde and left the other two to catch the bus. Buses were OK back then.
They are not really interested in the questions but just how smart ( entertaining the answers are )

Grassy Noel

Sorry I cocked up . What I tried to reply to Filham was

I think that I would have picked up the blonde and left the other two to catch the bus. Buses were OK back then.

sunburywhite

I would have taken theold lady home and told the blonde she had her chance but blew it
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ron

"Can you do the job?", and "What qualifications do you have?" appear to be overrated questions, and clearly not Woke enough for the modern world....

Ludlow Richard

I spent 37 years in Human Resources. My favourite question was "tell us about your weaknesses in relation to the job you are applying for". Worst question I came across was "where in the world would you live if you had a free choice?"

filham

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 22, 2024, 04:27:18 PMI would have taken theold lady home and told the blonde she had her chance but blew it
Quote from: sunburywhite on March 22, 2024, 04:27:18 PMI would have taken theold lady home and told the blonde she had her chance but blew it
So, we now know the guy in Sunbury who pulled all the birds because of his charm.

filham

So, we now know the guy in Sunbury who pulled all the birds because of his charm.
Quote from: ron on March 22, 2024, 05:30:26 PM"Can you do the job?", and "What qualifications do you have?" appear to be overrated questions, and clearly not Woke enough for the modern world....
[/quote
Quote from: ron link=msg=1493332 date=1711128626
"Can you do the job?", and "What qualifications do you have?" appear to be overrated questions, and clearly not Woke enough for the modern world....
/quote]
Just watch that Alan Sugar programme, The Apprentice.
To me all of the candidates look pretty hopeless , I wouldn't consider any of them suitable for a good honest job.

H4usuallysitting

Was once asked to sell the HR people a pen....think I walked out on the p of the pen

Willham

My girl was being interviewed for a PR role earlier this week and was asked the following:

Where would you go in a time machine and why? As I enjoy history and quite specifically england around the 900s, that would be my first stop

You can either have more time or more money. What would you choose, and what would you do with it? More time, money is used to enjoy time, no time no need for money, and you can enjoy time without money, easy choice really

What's something about yourself that people would be surprised to know? I cannot answer this question, it makes no sense, everything I do is whatbi expect myself to do, I can't answer for someone else, I can answer what is something people are surprised to learn about you?

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? Going back to the first question a very interssting person i find in historynis the only king of England who was called great is the greatnking canute, if I could trade plaves with one of his advisors for a week that'd be a wonderful holiday!

1. Please please please let me let me let me get what I want, this time. (The smiths)
2. poo luck (modest mouse) p.s. poo is the variation spelt with an S
3. Shiny happy people (r.e.m.)
4. Happy jack (the who)
5. Nice weather for ducks (lemon jelly)

You have a £100 budget to advertise yourself. What would you do to make yourself stand out? I'd hopefully spend 100 on a course on how to throw and circle a sign and throw it in the air? (Found this the most difficult)

What are you known for? Smiling and laughing

Any other weird examples out there? I'm right here.

Holders

My favourite final question was "what answers do you have prepared for which I haven't asked the right questions?".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

Where do you want to be this time next year?

Up to be knees in the corpses of my enemies and all those that have tried to do me down.

Yes reader I got the job.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

perry geyton