more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Leicester the latest club to be charged with overspending

Started by Somerset Fulham, March 21, 2024, 06:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

davew

We might be next on the list for paying excessive fees for players like him, the top so called top 6 will be furious that they might now have to pay a lot more to deplete our squad. How on earth can Leicester be brought into the equation of breaking spending rules and what is the latest on the what was it.....100 charges against Man City? Football is becoming a joke!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

It is becoming ridiculous , league tables could be changed overnight.

SG

Quote from: davew on March 21, 2024, 06:46:54 PMWe might be next on the list for paying excessive fees for players like him, the top so called top 6 will be furious that they might now have to pay a lot more to deplete our squad. How on earth can Leicester be brought into the equation of breaking spending rules and what is the latest on the what was it.....100 charges against Man City? Football is becoming a joke!!!!

They have been brought into it to prevent clubs avoiding the rules when they are in the championship having been previously in the premiership for the previous three seasons as has happened in the past.
If promoted they will start on negative points if found guilty. Seems reasonable to me.

bill taylors apprentice

What's ridiculous is clubs breaking the rules they had a hand in setting up.

Frankly, if they break them they should suffer the consequences, simple.

And as for the appeals made by guilty clubs, why is it assumed you can appeal and get a lesser sentence rather than risk being hit with a bigger punishment? 

Lighthouse

We need to establish when the rules were broken if at all. Leicester won the Prem remember and then had to be careful about the money side and there were eventually relegated. If they are found guilty and suffer a points deduction it can only be if they are promoted? Or of they fail to come up will it be a deduction in the Championship.

Then wouldn't it be fairer to have all points deductions transferred to the following season instead of not knowing from week to week what your team need to stay up etc.

The long and very convulated look at the bigger teams who have alledgeldy broken the rules seem to be conveniently taking so long as to make it almost so long ago anybody involved would have moved on and most of us died in waiting for any decision.   
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 21, 2024, 08:19:46 PMWe need to establish when the rules were broken if at all. Leicester won the Prem remember and then had to be careful about the money side and there were eventually relegated. If they are found guilty and suffer a points deduction it can only be if they are promoted? Or of they fail to come up will it be a deduction in the Championship.

Then wouldn't it be fairer to have all points deductions transferred to the following season instead of not knowing from week to week what your team need to stay up etc.

The long and very convulated look at the bigger teams who have alledgeldy broken the rules seem to be conveniently taking so long as to make it almost so long ago anybody involved would have moved on and most of us died in waiting for any decision.   
Well said, especially us older ones, I am certainly 1 of them, sadly!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

LC

Well if they get a points deduction it will be for next season which will likely mean they will go straight back down

St Eve

Quote from: LC on March 21, 2024, 09:33:21 PMWell if they get a points deduction it will be for next season which will likely mean they will go straight back down
but they will go up at the expense of Leeds or Ipswich. That's not right. They cheated, just like Everton and Forest

Angus Telford

Quote from: St Eve on March 21, 2024, 10:41:59 PM
Quote from: LC on March 21, 2024, 09:33:21 PMWell if they get a points deduction it will be for next season which will likely mean they will go straight back down
but they will go up at the expense of Leeds or Ipswich. That's not right. They cheated, just like Everton and Forest

Well, the allegation is that they cheated in the season they went down, not this season, so their Championship peers don't have grounds for complaint as it stands

Thailand Mick

Agreed, for me it should be taken off this season, they have gained the advantage already for this season.

Angus Telford

Why do these threads so consistently degrade to demands for the most extreme and draconian punishment possible, with no interest in the intricacies of guilt, mitigation or what would actually be an appropriate punishment?

Seems to reflect wider society unfortunately.

Thames Bank 1

They have been quick to do them, and they are now under an embargo with EFL.
Why are they not that quick to do Chelsea and City, they were announced same time as Forest and Everton

btffc

Quote from: Thames Bank 1 on March 22, 2024, 06:02:45 PMThey have been quick to do them, and they are now under an embargo with EFL.
Why are they not that quick to do Chelsea and City, they were announced same time as Forest and Everton

Chelsea haven't been charged except for some self reported thing the new owners found that happened under Abramovic. The real worry for them is their next set of submitted accounts next year as that's where they are in real danger of running afoul of PSR.

Man City's case is immensely complicated and contains things that have to be proved and are from up to 15 years ago. The Everton and Forest cases are very black and white and nothing needed to be proven because they simply lost more than they were allowed. City's case is them alleged to have used shadow corporations to funnel money to players and into the club to prop up revenue in order to be allowed to spend more. That is far more complicated to prove especially with the mountains of lawyers City are throwing at it. I believe they do now have a hearing date set though for some time in the Summer so hopefully a resolution will be coming somewhat soon.

St Eve

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 22, 2024, 01:01:57 PM

Well, the allegation is that they cheated in the season they went down, not this season, so their Championship peers don't have grounds for complaint as it stands
Sorry I don't understand the logic. They cheated when they went down and the rewards help them to go back up

Angus Telford

Quote from: St Eve on March 22, 2024, 09:34:26 PM

Sorry I don't understand the logic. They cheated when they went down and the rewards help them to go back up

Well they cheated in the 22/23 season so that's when they gained the most direct, significant advantage.

Arguably it also helped them in 23/24 season as you say.

One could equally say the it'll help them in the 24/25 season and other future seasons too.

So what is your logic for picking specifically that middle season, 23/24, as the period in which the sanction should apply (and objecting to it being applied in 24/25)?

St Eve

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 23, 2024, 12:24:25 AM

Well they cheated in the 22/23 season so that's when they gained the most direct, significant advantage.

One could equally say the it'll help them in the 24/25 season and other future seasons too.

So what is your logic for picking specifically that middle season, 23/24, as the period in which the sanction should apply (and objecting to it being applied in 24/25)?
I guess because it would prevent them from going up which would be the correct punishment for cheating

Angus Telford

Quote from: St Eve on March 23, 2024, 12:32:03 AM

I guess because it would prevent them from going up which would be the correct punishment for cheating
Maybe if a points deduction is applied in 24/25, it'll prevent them from staying up and ensure they go straight back down...

SuffolkWhite

All leagues in this country should be aligned I think, and punishments should be clear and agreed by all clubs. Thing is (as mentioned above) it's not always that simple.
Leicester will benefit from a major windful when they go up which in turn will benefit them once possibly relegated again financially.
Football will eat its self🤷
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

St Eve

Quote from: Angus Telford on March 23, 2024, 12:49:42 AM
Quote from: St Eve on March 23, 2024, 12:32:03 AM

Maybe if a points deduction is applied in 24/25, it'll prevent them from staying up and ensure they go straight back down...
True but they are 200 million better off, which means one of the relegated teams aren't