watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 23/03/24...

Started by WhiteJC, March 22, 2024, 11:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham and former Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi opens up on Victor Osimhen visit after vile abuse
Alex Iwobi was targeted by online trolls after Nigeria lost the Africa Cup of Nations final to Ivory Coast in February, with Victor Osimhen among those to offer support

Fulham and Arsenal star Alex Iwobi has said he was unmoved by the online abuse he suffered after Nigeria lost the Africa Cup of Nations final to Ivory Coast in February.

The Fulham midfielder was targeted on social media, leading him to remove all his previous Instagram posts after being singled out for criticism following the 2-1 loss. Iwobi, 27, had already been questioned during the competition for perceived poor form.

But the former Arsenal winger said he did not even see the earlier posts as he focused on getting as far as he could with Nigeria. "The whole competition I didn't see it," he said on his new Project 17 podcast.

"I remember in a press conference they said, 'where is the creativity? ' and I had to address the role I was given and I said I am the kind of guy who will listen to my coach and try to do the job I'm told to do."

Even after the loss to Ivory Coast, Iwobi was instead reading messages of support from friends and family rather than scrolling through any abuse on his social media accounts. "The game is done now, obviously I'm disappointed I'm on my phone but I don't check Twitter. I'm on Snapchat and WhatsApp with all my people telling me I've done my nation proud."

The day after, Alex Iwobi found out about the abuse online when Napoli's Victor Osimhen and other team players wanted issue a collective statement. "At two o'clock there was a knock on the door, I was like, 'I don't want room service' but I looked through the keyhole and it is Victor Osimhen," Iwobi shared.

"I'm half-asleep with my hair everywhere but he said, 'I'm not going to lie to you, they've been talking about you a lot on social media and I want to make sure you're good. They're saying you're apparently going to retire, you're depressed'.

"It is what it is, it is not the first time. The first AFCON where I got sent off it happened, at Arsenal it constantly happened, at Everton when I signed for two years it happened, that is football. I would rather be off social media, I don't want to see that and I don't care.

"They wanted to put out a statement saying cyber bullying is wrong and I said, 'I hear that but we are just going to create a bigger scene' but they said we needed to stand as one.

"They were standing up for me but I said no because the world would think I was down, I'm actually calm, just listening to music."

Iwobi is now back on Instagram and sometimes writes messages on X. He says cyberbullying is bad, but he doesn't let it change his life. "I'm really tired of socials, really and truly," he added.

"I would rather just be real in real life. I have seen people come off socials, like Stormzy and Jay-Z don't have it and I feel they are living life peacefully.

"I don't want people to think I am affected because I'm not. We came to the conclusion I needed to jump back on socials and it was important for people to see how I felt, rather than a statement where I thank you for the support and say that cyberbullying is wrong.

"Obviously now I'm back and seeing messages, I said thank you but I didn't want to go into detail. It was a crazy period."

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/fulham-former-arsenal-winger-alex-28865651

WhiteJC

Club ready to make 26-year-old their top earner to fend off Tottenham interest in him
Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo has been linked with a move away from the club at the end of the season.

The 26-year-old central defender will be a free agent in the summer and clubs like Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are hoping to secure his services on a bargain. A report from Standard claims that Fulham are now ready to make him their top earner in order to fend off interest from other clubs and convince him to sign a new contract with them.

It will be interesting to see if the 26-year-old decides to commit his future to the London club.

Tottenham manager Ange Postecoglou recently revealed that they need to sign a central defender in the summer and Adarabioyo could prove to be a quality addition. He is a proven performer in the Premier League and signing him on a free transfer would represent an excellent bargain.

He has shown his quality with Fulham in the English top flight and he is certainly good enough to play for clubs like Tottenham. The North London outfit will be competing in the UEFA Champions League next season if they manage to finish in the top four. They need quality players at their disposal and a deeper squad as well.

The arrival of the Fulham defender will complete their defensive unit for the foreseeable future, and signing him on a free transfer would allow them to invest in the other areas of their squad as well.

Tottenham will face competition from Premier League giants Liverpool as well and it remains to be seen where the 26-year-old ends up. He will look to take the next step in his career and the opportunity to join clubs like Tottenham and Liverpool will be an attractive proposition for him.

https://theboyhotspur.com/club-ready-to-make-26-year-old-their-top-earner-to-fend-off-tottenham-interest-in-him/

WhiteJC

Silva: More To Come From Muniz

Marco Silva is naturally delighted with Rodrigo Muniz's current form, but believes there is still much more to come from the young Brazilian.

Muniz has scored seven goals in as many games, most recently bagging a brace against Tottenham Hotspur at the weekend, though a precautionary substitution denied him the opportunity to sniff out a first hat-trick in English football.

Speaking in his press conference at the end of that game, Silva agreed with the media's assessment that his number 19 had been unplayable once more.

"What a performance again," he said. "Unfortunately, he was feeling a little bit tired in one of his legs, a little bit in the hamstring as well, and was a moment for us not to take risks with him. But what a performance again.

"It's not just the goals. The way he's been improving and the hard work that he's putting in every single week from the beginning of the season and, I have to say, from the first season that he was with us as well. And it's paying off right now.

"It's a great feeling for me as a manager, because I pushed the football club to buy him two, three years ago when I first joined the Club. Myself and my staff saw something in him, I felt he was the right player to join our football club.

"First season was okay for him, it was a good one. Unfortunately, last season [at Middlesbrough] didn't work out for him, but from this pre-season we felt that he was going in the right direction.

"He had some injuries that stopped a little bit his development as a football player. And, after, we had to show the patience. When you're a football player, sometimes there are some moments that you feel have been tough, [but] you cannot give up, and he never gave up.

"Even in some moments when he was not even involved in the squad list, he was always working really hard, and when a chance came he stepped in, and this is the most important thing for a football player.

"I'm really pleased for him, he deserves all the credit for what he's been achieving. But the good thing that I keep seeing, there are so many things for him to improve, to work with him to develop. Much more to come from him, for sure."

While Antonee Robinson secured the Club's Man of the Match award, Muniz took home the Premier League's version of the accolade on Saturday, ticking a significant milestone off his bucket list in the process.

"I was with him now before I came here and he was there with the award from the Man of the Match, and he was saying to me that he was waiting almost three years for that," Silva revealed.

"But the reality is that there is much more to come from him, and much more to fight for.

"We have always a big influence on all the players that join our football club in the last two-and-a-half years. Now, to have a player like him to work with and to keep developing, a 22-year-old player, is a great feeling.

"We are here to help him to keep improving, to demand more and more from him, because I know that he's capable to do more."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/march/22/marco-on-muniz/

WhiteJC

26-year-old Liverpool-linked player extremely keen to join Chelsea
Chelsea are keen on improving their left-back department and Fulham defender Antonee Robinson has been linked with the move to Stamford Bridge.

A report from TeamTalk claims that the United States international is extremely keen to play for Chelsea next season and he believes that this is the right time for him to take the next step in his career.

The Blues will face competition from Premier League rivals Liverpool who are tracking the defender as well.

Chelsea need to sign a quality left-back after the underwhelming performances from Marc Cucurella since arriving from Brighton. Ben Chilwell is the only reliable left-back at the club right now and Chelsea must look to replace the Spaniard.

Robinson has established himself as a proven performer in the English top flight this season and his performances have been quite impressive. There is no doubt that he is good enough to play for the top clubs in the country and Chelsea would do well to secure his services.

It remains to be seen whether the Blues can secure an agreement with the London club in the coming months.

Liverpool should look to sign Antonee Robinson
Meanwhile, Liverpool should look to bring in a quality alternative to Andrew Robertson as well. The Scottish left-back has not been at his best this season since returning from injury and more competition for places could be ideal. Kostas Tsimikas is hardly good enough to start every week for a club like Liverpool either.

The opportunity to join the biggest clubs in the world will be quite tempting for the United States international and it will be interesting to see where he ends up. Both Liverpool and Chelsea could provide him with the platform to compete for trophies in the coming seasons.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/03/22/antonee-robinson-wants-chelsea-transfer/

WhiteJC

Fulham youngster among four QPR trialists
Fulham's Ma'kel Bogle-Campbell was one of four players who featured for QPR's development side on Friday.

Right-back Nick Nkansa-Dwamena, 18, and left-back Henry Curtis, 20, both of Ipswich Town, were also in the Rangers side against Sheffield Wednesday, as was forward Blaise Uwandji, 20, of West Ham.

Midfielder Bogle-Campbell, 18, was with Arsenal prior to joining Fulham, where he signed a scholarship deal in 2022.

Nkansa-Dwamena was on West Ham's books before joining Ipswich in 2022. He featured for the Suffolk side in an Under-18s match against QPR in January.

All four players have been given a trial with the R's as they are expected to be released from their contracts at the end of the season.

Hosts Wednesday won the game 3-1. Rangers' goal was scored by Joseph Ajose.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-was-qpr-look-at-players-from-fulham-west-ham-and-ipswich-town-ahead-of-possible-moves

WhiteJC

Report: Club will find it hard to convince player to stay amid Spurs and Liverpool links
With Tosin Adarabioyo potentially set to receive offers from clubs like Tottenham Hotspur, Liverpool, and big European names from the continent, it is thought Fulham will find it incredibly difficult to get the player to agree to a new contract and avoid losing him on a free transfer this summer.

It is becoming increasingly common for players to see out their contracts and find a new club on a free transfer. That appears to be the fate awaiting Tosin Adarabioyo this summer, as the Fulham man continues to run down his current deal with no sign of an agreement being found on a new contract.

Spurs may have the likes of Cristian Romero, Micky van de Ven, and now Radu Dragusin among their ranks, but it seems Ange Postecoglou is keen to add one more centre-half to his squad this summer.

While Fulham are eager to tie Adarabioyo down to a new long-term deal with a higher wage, as per Fabrizio Romano, the 26-year-old is likely to be inundated with offers from other clubs this summer.

Recently, Liverpool reportedly joined Spurs in the pursuit of Adarabioyo (Football Insider), while Arsenal and Manchester United are the latest Premier League sides to register an interest (HITC).

Tosin Adarabioyo unlikely to stay at Fulham
The latest comes from Football Insider, who claim Adarabioyo's head is likely to be turned by the attention of big clubs across Europe, and as a result, Fulham are going to struggle to convince him to stay put.

With just three months left on his current contract, and mounting interest in Adarabioyo, Fulham are "pushing hard" to negotiate a new deal.

However, it is thought that if Adarabioyo does indeed "receive any concrete and lucrative offers" from any of the interested parties, the player will more than likely move on.

Spurs Web Opinion
I think we've got a really good chance of persuading Adarabioyo to join us, given he can stay in London but join a bigger club that should be playing in Europe next year. The only issue will be how much game time we can promise him, but he's likely to find that issue at any of the clubs he's linked with.

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/report-club-will-find-it-hard-to-convince-player-to-stay-amid-spurs-and-liverpool-links/

WhiteJC

Harry Wilson's dynamism proving symbolic of Page's new-look Wales
It was a burst that proved the catalyst for Wales's resounding 4-1 win over Finland, another absorbing night under the lights in Cardiff. With a couple of minutes gone, Harry Wilson received the ball on the left flank, about 30 yards from goal, and punched a pass into Brennan Johnson with the outside of his left foot. Seeking a one-two, Wilson charged past five blue shirts, picked up the baton on the perimeter of the box then beat another in Matti Peltola before getting a shot away. It was an arced run that quickened the pulse and subsequently soothed the inevitable anxieties in the stands.

David Brooks pounced to volley in the rebound and, while it was not entirely straightforward from there, it went a long way to ensuring Wales have what promises to be another electric evening in the calendar. On Tuesday they host Poland in a winner-takes-all playoff final, a place at the Euro 2024 finals in Germany the prize. The incisive, instinctive link-up play between Wilson, Johnson and Brooks also spoke to the noises Rob Page has made in recent months about this new-look Wales side. Wilson's scurrying run embodied the dynamism, zest and unpredictability the Wales manager acknowledged was missing in their meek group-stage exit at the World Cup in Qatar. Page believes this younger group are fitter and gamer, and it is hard to argue.

Wilson's talent has never been in doubt. He became Wales' youngest player when he made his debut in Belgium aged 16 years and 207 days and was highly regarded by Liverpool, whom he joined as an eight-year-old. Fruitful loans to Hull then Derby in the Championship prompted Premier League interest. But after a season in the top flight with Bournemouth, it became clear he would not break in at Anfield and he spent the following two seasons on loan in the second tier, at Cardiff then Fulham, whom he later joined permanently.

If it feels as if Wilson has finally settled at Fulham, he looks at home for Wales. His double helped them to an impressive victory over Croatia last October and he continues to evolve, his man-of-the-match display on Thursday the latest compelling evidence. Wilson hounded Robert Ivanov early on, a sign of Wales's intention to hurt Finland with their speed and direct running. Wilson has played as a false 9 and an attacking midfielder for his country but began off the left wing, a patch once reserved for Gareth Bale to work his magic. Page accepts Bale's retirement has allowed bit-part players to step out of the shadows.

"Harry loves getting on the ball in those pockets," Page says. "With the threat that we have got with Brennan in behind with his pace, there's not a defence in Europe that would want to play against them; the constant threat of Brennan, the intelligence of David Brooks. All three of them love the way we play at the minute, they are relishing it and I think it shows. H has done it consistently in the Premier League in a similar role for Fulham. They are playing with smiles on their faces."

The profile of this Wales has shifted to the point that Wilson, who turned 27 on Friday, was the second-oldest outfield player in their starting lineup, behind Ben Davies. The 30-year-old Tottenham defender is one of the few players left from the squad that enjoyed that extraordinary, gamechanging run to the semi-finals at Euro 2016, the others from that period under Chris Coleman being Aaron Ramsey, the 33-year-old captain whose fitness struggles have pushed him to the periphery, and Wayne Hennessey, the 37-year-old whose last competitive Wales appearance ended in calamity, with the goalkeeper sent off for flattening Iran's Mehdi Taremi before they crumbled to a costly World Cup defeat.

It was Wilson who replaced Bale the night Wales squeaked past Ukraine to reach the World Cup in their last playoff final. He was solely used a substitute at the delayed Euro 2020, his frustration compounded by being sent off as Wales were humbled by Denmark. The 19-year-old Jordan James, the tidy midfielder who is the youngest in the squad, watched it unfold at home with his parents. Wilson was among the 10,000-strong red wall five years earlier, in the stands at Stade de Bordeaux when Bale and Hal Robson-Kanu scored to beat Slovakia in their Euro 2016 opener. Now he is at the thrust of a Wales team hoping to make it to a third straight Euros and a fourth major tournament in five.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/harry-wilson-dynamism-proving-symbolic-125219171.html

WhiteJC

Liverpool and Tottenham dealt blow in race to sign Premier League defender

Liverpool and Tottenham among teams monitoring Tosin Adarabioyo
    Fulham want to tie in-form defender down to new contract
    Spurs have long-standing interest in Adarabioyo, while Chelsea and Man Utd could also enter race

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are among the clubs interested in signing Tosin Adarabioyo, but Fulham are hoping to tie him down to a new contract, according to a report.

Adarabioyo's deal at Craven Cottage expires at the end of the season and he has been linked with moves to various teams across Europe.

The Evening Standard report Liverpool, Tottenham and AC Milan are just three sides monitoring the centre-back's situation, which could soon change if he indeed puts pen to paper on a new contract - Fulham want to reward Adarabioyo's impressive form this season with a deal that would make him one of the club's top earners.

Liverpool are on the lookout for players as part of the post-Jurgen Klopp era - they recently welcomed back Michael Edwards as FSG's CEO of Football, with Richard Hughes confirmed as their new sporting director this week.

Spurs have a long-standing interest in Adarabioyo dating back to the summer 2023 transfer window. 90min reported at the time they were battling Ligue 1 side AS Monaco for his signature, but ultimately neither side could agree terms with Fulham.

Tottenham head coach Ange Postecoglou told reporters last week he would like to bring in another centre-back prior to the 2024/25 season despite signing Radu Dragusin from Genoa during the January window.

The Standard also floats Chelsea and Manchester United as potential destinations for the 26-year-old as both clubs are weighing up their own defensive options.

Adarabioyo joined Fulham from Manchester City in 2020 and has made 126 appearances for them across all competitions since. He was a key part of the side that won the 2021/22 Championship title, being named in the PFA Team of the Year for his efforts.

https://www.90min.com/posts/liverpool-tottenham-dealt-blow-sign-premier-league-defender

WhiteJC

Antonee Robinson open to Chelsea move

Antonee Robinson has been linked with a move to Chelsea, and the Fulham defender is reportedly keen on the transfer.

A report from TEAMtalk has claimed that Antonee Robinson is very keen on joining Chelsea in the summer transfer window, and it will be interesting to see if Chelsea can secure an agreement with Fulham. The American full-back is also a target for Liverpool.

The 26-year-old United States international has been a key player for Fulham, who might not be keen on letting him leave. However, he wants to take the next step in his career and join a big club capable of winning major trophies.

Although Chelsea have had a disappointing season, we are one of the biggest clubs in the country, and they have the resources and the squad to compete for trophies next season. It is no surprise that the United States international wants to join them.

He could prove to be an upgrade on Marc Cucurella, who has been quite underwhelming for Chelsea since joining them. Robinson will have to compete with Ben Chilwell for the starting spot next season.

Chelsea will need to improve their squad to get back into the Champions League and compete for major trophies once again. Signing the American International could prove to be a good decision. So, the interest in Robinson makes sense.

Antonee Robinson would improve Chelsea
The 26-year-old is already well settled in the Premier League, and he could adapt to his new surroundings quickly and make an immediate impact at Chelsea next season. It remains to be seen whether Chelsea can negotiate a reasonable fee with Fulham in the coming months.

Chelsea have been quite vulnerable defensively, and they will have to improve in that department if they want to do well next season. Signing a quality full-back should be one of their priorities. They should look to sign a quality central defender as well, especially with Thiago Silva leaving the club on a free transfer.

Robinson has also been linked with clubs like Liverpool, and he will want to secure a big money away from Fulham at the end of the season. The Reds will provide stiff competition to Chelsea, especially as they look to sign a left-back. But with Robinson keen on joining the Blues, Liverpool might have an uphill task to land him.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2024/03/22/antonee-robinson-open-to-chelsea-move/

WhiteJC

"He would go back" – Fulham star says teammate is open to specific transfer, 'always talks' about club
As Brazilian outlet Trivela will soon publish a full interview with Fulham star Willian, they're just releasing some bits of it for now.

In a first story, they talk about the experiences that he and Andreas Pereira recently had when playing in Brazil.

Pereira, who had a loan at Flamengo, ended up getting marked for a mistake he made in a Copa Libertadores final, which cost them the title.

Willian claims that his Fulham teammate still has a lot of love for the Rio de Janeiro club, though, and would like to return there one day.

"We don't talk much [about spells in Brazil]. We always see the news, on social media, we comment. We talk. But when I got here, we talked a lot. He said it was very difficult after that game, that it was very hard for him. I said: it was hard for me too, I had a difficult time there.

"But he's a guy who, if he had the chance, loves Flamengo. He loves Flamengo. He always talks about it. You must have seen him posting about Flamengo on social media. He loves it there. I don't know today, but suddenly in the future, if Flamengo are interested in him, he would go back."

Willian also talked about his experience at Corinthians, and contrary to Pereira, he's not planning to do that again. He's happy living in England, and should retire in European football.

"I've already been back to Brazil for a year. Now I'm really thinking of staying. Even before I returned to Corinthians, I was already thinking that I didn't want to go back, I always said in interviews that I wasn't thinking of going back. It ended up happening. For a number of reasons, it ended up happening. Today, without a doubt, my mind is set on staying abroad."

Willian is now 35 years old, and turns 36 in the summer. His contract with Fulham expires at the end of the season, but there's an option for them to extend for another year.

Playing for the Whites this season, he has five goals and two assists in 30 games, and is proving to still be useful for Marco Silva.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/go-back-fulham-star-says-teammate-open-specific-transfer-always-talks-club/

WhiteJC

Portugal boss Roberto Martinez reveals eight players who will miss Slovenia match
Portugal head coach Roberto Martinez has revealed that Bernardo Silva, Ruben Dias, Joao Palhinha, Nelson Semedo, Toti Gomes, Rafael Leao, Bruno Fernandes and Goncalo Ramos will not be involved in next week's friendly with Slovenia.

All eight featured in Thursday's clash with Sweden, which Portugal won 5-2, with Leao, Matheus Nunes, Fernandes, Bruma and Ramos on the scoresheet.

A Selecao das Quinas will be bidding to make it 12 straight victories in all competitions when they take on Slovenia on Tuesday night.

Martinez has revealed that there will be changes for the contest, with eight players being rested, which will open the door for Cristiano Ronaldo, Diogo Dalot, Joao Cancelo, Danilo Pereira, Otavio, Ruben Neves, Vitinha and Joao Felix to come into the squad.

"The players that will rest in the the next game are Bernardo Silva, Ruben Dias, Joao Palhinha, Nelson Semedo, Toti Gomes, Rafael Leao, Bruno Fernandes and Goncalo Ramos," Martinez told reporters following the impressive win over Sweden.

"Hence, eight players will leave and another eight players will arrive at a high level for the second game, with hunger and a lot of energy, I hope."

Portugal are set to play another four friendlies against Slovenia, Finland, Croatia and Republic of Ireland before opening their Euro 2024 campaign against Czech Republic on June 18.

Martinez has a perfect record since arriving as head coach last January, winning all 11 of his games at the helm.

"It was a good and important test for us," Martinez added after the clash with Sweden. "Sweden have very good strikers. We worked on defensive concepts and it was a good experiment.

"There are other concepts that we need to work on and improve in our next game at Slovenia. It was great to play against a talented team of this level."

Portugal won the European Championship in 2016, but they were eliminated in the last-16 stage of the 2020 competition, suffering a 1-0 defeat to Belgium.

The Iberian nation made the quarter-finals of the 2022 World Cup, meanwhile, losing out to Morocco in the final eight.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/portugal/news/portugal-boss-martinez-reveals-eight-players-who-will-miss-slovenia-match_539556.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Internationals: Jedi's USA Beat Bobby's Jamaica
Three Fulham players faced up in Texas for the Concacaf Nations League Semi-Final between the USA and Jamaica, with the home side running out 3-1 winners.

Bobby De Cordova-Reid's Jamaica had taken the lead in the first minute through Greg Leigh, but a 96th-minute own goal from Cory Burke sent the tie to extra time.

And the USA, who had Antonee Robinson in their starting XI and Tim Ream on the bench, found two goals through Haji Wright to advance to the Final.

Elsewhere, Harry Wilson turned on the style to help Wales progress to a Euro Play-Off Final against Poland, beating Finland at the Cardiff City Stadium.

It took just three minutes for the deadlock to be broken, as Wilson's shot fell to David Brooks to volley home, and the 27-year-old then set up Neco Williams to fire a free-kick into the top corner.

While Finland did pull one back before the break, the cushion was restored in the second half when Wilson stepped up to take a set-piece himself, delivering a ball that eventually fell to Brennan Johnson to tap in.

And Dan James rounded off the rout late on to set up a showdown with Poland on Tuesday for a place at Euro 2024.

In friendly action, João Palhinha played the full 90 in Portugal's dominant 5-2 win over Sweden, while Saša Lukić's Serbia were beaten by 4-0 by Russia.

Ibane Bowat and Kieron Bowie both featured in Scotland under-21s' 4-1 victory over Kazakhstan.

And earlier in the week, Samuel Amissah and Josh King were both handed starts as England under-17s beat Northern Ireland 5-1 in their Euro qualifier.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/march/22/internationals-jedis-usa-beat-bobbys-jamaica/

WhiteJC

From Brazil: Fulham player approached by Man United, Erik ten Hag had 'long conversations' with him
The Brazilian media today reveals Manchester United's attempt to sign Fulham winger Willian.

Premier League Brasil features an exclusive story saying Erik ten Hag tried to bring the player to Old Trafford last summer.

It's said Manchester United got in touch with Willian, who had just seen his contract with Fulham expire. The manager had 'long conversations' with him to share his ideas and try to convince him.

According to Premier League Brasil, Ten Hag also claimed they'd need to wait for other events in the transfer window for the Red Devils to place an offer, as they had other priorities.

The winger had Fulham's offer for a contract renewal on the table, and as he was afraid of waiting for Manchester United, he preferred to sign a new deal with the Craven Cottage side.

Willian is again expected to become a free agent next summer, and he's said to be waiting for invitations from clubs who fight for titles, which is not Fulham's case.

Since he's now 35, turning 26 in the summer, we'll see whether Manchester United would still have interest.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/brazil-fulham-player-approached-man-united-erik-ten-hag-long-conversations/

WhiteJC

LMA: Utilita Performance Of The Week
The League Managers Association has awarded Fulham their Utilita Performance Of The Week following an impressive 3-0 win over Tottenham.

A brace from Rodrigo Muniz and Saša Lukić's first goal for the Club secured Marco Silva's side a deserved victory under the Cottage lights ahead of the international break.

The display was voted the best by a panel comprising of LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Chris Hughton, Rachel Yankey, Les Ferdinand, Clare Tomlinson, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry.

Congratulations to Marco and the boys!

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/march/22/lma-utilita-performance-of-the-week/

WhiteJC

Super Eagles player ratings: Nwabali one of a kind;  Iwobi steps up; Dessers delivers; Osayi-Samuel up and down
The Super Eagles beat Ghana 2-1 in a friendly game on Friday evening, with Cyriel Dessers and Ademola Lookman getting on the scoresheet.

The Super Eagles beat Ghana 2-1 in a friendly game on Friday evening, with Cyriel Dessers and Ademola Lookman getting on the scoresheet.

The starters
Goalkeeper
Stanley Nwabali: He continued from where he left it at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations by making crucial saves but unfortunately denied a clean sheet  late in the game. 8/10

Defenders
Bright Osayi-Samuel: He was given the license to stay high up the pitch but couldn't create havoc for the Ghanaian defense and gave away penalty at the end of the game  5.5/10

Benjamin Tanimu: The debutant was excellent,  covering for Osayi-Samuel and unfortunately had to be taken off due to an injury. 7/10

Chidozie Awaziem: Justified the decision to start him, made a vital block in the first half and never looked out of place 7/10

Semi Ajayi: The West Brom  defender was calm and composed throughout the game and didn't put a foot wrong  7/10

Bruno Onyemaechi: He couldn't influence the game as much as he could but his fantastic cross for Dessers in the second half is noteworthy 6/10

Midfielders and forwards
Wilfred Ndidi: The Leicester City midfielder was reinstated into the team after missing AFCON and did a good job particularly in linking the defense to the midfield. 7/10

Frank Onyeka: He also picked it up from where he left it at AFCON denying the Black Stars any form of rhythm. 7.5/10

Alex Iwobi: This was a much better showing than the Hale End Academy product who was always willing to get involved in the game, providing the assist for the second goal. 8/10

Cyriel Dessers: The Rangers striker kept his composure to open the scoring from the spot in the first half. He was a menace upfront, creating problems for the opposition and contributing significantly to Nigeria's attacking threat..7/10

Kelechi Iheanacho: The Leicester City forward was very lively with the Ghanaian defense struggled to cope with his movement, particularly in the first half. 7.5/10

The substitutes

Raphael Onyedika: Besides giving away a free kick, he did pretty well to help the Super Eagles maintain control of the game. 6/10

Moses Simon: He couldn't do much to influence the game when he came on. 5.5/10

Ademola Lookman: He took his goal well to continue his impressive form for the Super Eagles. 8/10

Jamilu Collins: He came on  five minutes before the stoppage time and didn't do badly. 5.5/10

Abdulkareem Abdulhamid

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=50908

WhiteJC

Everton Are Set To Rival Fulham For This Talented Youngster: One For The Future?
Everton are set to rival Fulham for Chelsea youngster Alex Matos who is currently playing on loan at Huddersfield Town.

In a recent report, journalist Adam Jones revealed that Everton are set to rival Fulham for Chelsea youngster Alex Matos, who is currently playing on loan at Huddersfield Town. It is understood that the Toffees are keen on signing the English attacker this summer.

Matos' Loan Spell At Huddersfield
Matos is having a decent loan spell at Huddersfield Town but has struggled to be productive with his performances for them in the EFL Championship. The 19-year-old has participated in 23 matches for the Yorkshire outfit this season, scoring one goal in the process across all fronts.

The Bedford-born talent has done well to average 2.3 tackles, 1.5 interceptions, 0.8 shots and 0.5 dribbles per 90 minutes in the English Championship. He has even distributed possession relatively well after completing 80.7% of his attempted passes in the second tier of English football (stats via whoscored).

Matos' contract at his parent club Chelsea will run out in the summer of 2026. Therefore, Everton would have to make a convincing offer if they want to sign the talented youngster later this year.

Everton Are Set To Rival Fulham For Matos: Is He A Prospect For The Future?
Matos loves a tackle and can make a few timely interceptions for his team as well. He is a pure striker of the ball and can make a few dangerous runs in the final third. The English attacker mainly functions in the number ten position but can also function as a winger on either flank if asked to do so.

We can expect Matos to bring more quality to Everton's attack. He would no doubt increase competition for places within Sean Dyche's match-day squad. However, there are some concerns over whether he can prove his worth in top-flight football.

Still, the Toffees would be wise to try and make a move to bring him to Goodison Park this summer. At 19, Matos has the potential to become a future star in English football. There is no doubt that he will be a player to watch out for in the coming seasons.

However, Everton would have to be patient with his progress if they want to unlock the best out of him in the long run.

https://the4thofficial.net/2024/03/everton-are-set-to-rival-fulham-for-this-talented-youngster-one-for-the-future/

WhiteJC

Fulham to offer new contract to Liverpool-linked centre-back
Fulham are looking to tie a key member of their defence down to a new contract in a move that could frustrate Liverpool's summer transfer plans, according to reports from the Evening Standard.

Centre-back Tosin Adarabioyo's current deal with Fulham is set to expire at the end of the current season, prompting interest from various clubs across England and on the continent.

In a bid to fend off interest, the report indicates that Fulham intend to reward the 26-year-old's stellar performances this season with a contract that would elevate him to one of the club's top earners.

Defensive rebuild
Liverpool's reported interest in Adarabioyo comes amid the next phase of the so-called 'Liverpool 2.0' rebuild which will focus on the defensive reinforcements.

Following the departure of Jurgen Klopp this summer, the returning Michael Edwards (as FSG's CEO of Football), alongside Richard Hughes as sporting director, will be looking to bolster the Reds' defensive ranks, especially with the expected departure of Joel Matip at the end of his current contract.

A left-sided centre-back has been a priority for some time, but the opportunity to get a player of proven Premier League standard on a Bosman could be too hard to turn down.

Competition for his signature
However, if Tosin chooses not to renew with the West London club, the Reds will have competition for his signature.

Tottenham's pursuit of Adarabioyo dates back to the summer of 2023, as reported by 90min, when they vied with AS Monaco for his signature.

Despite signing Radu Dragusin from Genoa in the January window, Spurs' head coach Ange Postecoglou recently expressed a desire to further reinforce his side's defensive ranks ahead of the 2024/25 season.

The Standard reports that Serie A giants AC Milan are also closely monitoring the Englishman's situation.

The list of potential suitors could also include Chelsea and Manchester United as both look to fix their leaky defences.

Adarabioyo joined Fulham from Manchester City in 2020. Since then, he has made 126 appearances across all competitions, playing a pivotal role in Fulham's Championship title-winning campaign in 2021/22, earning recognition in the PFA Team of the Year for his contributions.

https://anfieldwatch.co.uk/fulham-to-offer-new-contract-to-liverpool-linked-centre-back/