watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 24/03/24...

Started by WhiteJC, March 24, 2024, 08:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest 'return to the charge' for defender – €25m Fulham offer rejected already
Towards the end of the last summer window, we covered claims from Portugal explaining that Nottingham Forest had tabled a €30m bid for Benfica's Morato. This was after Fulham saw their bid rejected by the Portuguese club.

O Jogo had then stated the Eagles turned down the Premier League side's offer, hoping that they would collect more money for him in the future.

Fast forward to March and Jornal de Notícias now state Nottingham Forest 'return to the charge' for the 22-year-old.

Benfica manager Roger Schmidt has mainly used the Brazilian as a left-back rather than his preferred position in the heart of defence. That hasn't stopped clubs from England and France from looking at him for the summer.

Nottingham Forest are named as a contender from the Premier League and they are still interested in the South American.

Jornal de Notícias claim Benfica had also rejected Fulham's €25m offer last summer and will resist approaches for Morato after this season, as they see him as an important player for the future.

Morato earns €600k per year and has a €100m clause in a deal that lasts until 2027.

Benfica have promised to offer him a better deal but that hasn't been fulfilled just yet.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/nottingham-forest-return-charge-defender-e25m-fulham-offer-rejected-already/

WhiteJC

Fulham eyeing up a bargain move for Euro 2020 winner this summer
Premier League side Fulham are reportedly keen on the Roma defender Leonardo Spinazzola.

According to a report from Fichajes, the 30-year-old Italian defender is on the radar of the London club and they are hoping to sign him on a bargain.

Spinazzola will be a free agent in the summer and signing him on a free transfer would represent an excellent bargain for Fulham.

The Londoners could lose Antonee Robinson in the summer and Spinazzola could be a quality replacement. The United States international has been linked with top clubs recently and he could move on in the summer.

Spinazzola would improve Fulham
Spinazzola might be open to a new challenge at this stage of his career and a move to the Premier League will be an attractive option for him.

The Italian has shown his quality with Roma over the years and he has been an important part of the national team as well. He played a key role during Italy's Euro 2020 win.

There is no doubt that Spinazzola has the defensive quality and experience to thrive in the Premier League and it will be interesting to see if Fulham can secure an agreement with him soon.

Signing an experienced player like him on a free transfer would not only improve the squad, it would also allow Fulham to direct their resources at the other areas of their squad.

Spinazzola has the quality to thrive in the Premier League and it remains to be seen whether he can make and immediate impact next season.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/03/23/fulham-want-leonardo-spinazzola/

WhiteJC

Fulham announce new Boat Race partnership
Fulham have announced a new partnership with the boat race ahead of this year's edition of the event – which will take place on the River Thames at the end of the month.

Craven Cottage will play host to a viewing party under the recently rebuilt Riverside Stand with hundreds of spectators set to watch Oxford and Cambridge's crews contest the prestigious university boat race on the river. The boat race, one of the traditional fixtures of the sporting summer, is regularly attended by a total of 250,000 spectators.

Fulham chief executive Alistair Mackintosh said:

"We are delighted to be part of an official Fan Zone that connects Bishops Park to Craven Cottage for this iconic annual event. Boat Race Day is an important date in the sporting calendar. Its prestige and history are perfectly synonymous with Fulham Football Club and our local community. We look forward to welcoming spectators to a fantastic day."

This year's race will take place on Saturday 30 Marc with the women's race getting underway at 2:46 pm and the men's race commencing at 3:46 pm.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/fulham-announce-new-boat-race-partnership/

WhiteJC

Wilson fires Wales forward
A nice piece from Ben Fisher on the Guardian website this afternoon highlights Harry Wilson's wonderful contribution in Wales' brilliant 4-1 win over Finland last night that carried them into a play-off showdown with Poland in Cardiff on Tuesday night.

Wilson's role in the victory that kept Wales' Euro 2024 hopes alive was slightly different to the right-wing deployment he has had under Marco Silva at Craven Cottage. Page played Wilson as an attacking midfielder alongside David Brooks and behind Brennan Johnson and it was a position from which the in-form Fulham man flourished as Fisher identifies – suggesting that he is one of the Welsh players to step forward impressively after the retirement of Gareth Bale.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/wilson-fires-wales-forward/

WhiteJC

Erik ten Hag considered move for Fulham winger; available for free this summer
Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag had an eye on Brazilian winger Willian at the start of the season

According to Premier League Brasil, Ten Hag wanted to sign the 35-year-old at the start of the season to give his team an extra option in attack, but the move did not materialise.

Willian, formerly of Chelsea and Arsenal, ended up signing an extension with Fulham.

The opportunity to sign the 35-year-old on a free transfer could present itself again this summer.

While it's only speculation for now, I can see why Ten Hag wanted another option in attack. Willian has played 24 Premier League matches so far this season, scoring four goals and registering two assists. Compare that to Antony's form in the league: 22 games without a single-goal contribution.

That is an impressive tally for a footballer in his mid-30s playing in the toughest league in the world.

Should United return for Willian in the summer?
No.

Willian is 35-years-old and we need to step away from signing players past their best.

Surely, our scouts could be sent on a trip around South America to find a similar player to Willian albeit younger? After all that is what they are paid to do. Identify the best talents for United's first team.

Look at how quick Christian Eriksen's influence at United waded. The Dane was one of the first names on the team sheet last term, but he has become dissatisfied with the lack of game time he has got this season, as per Tipsbladet.

https://strettynews.com/2024/03/23/erik-ten-hag-considered-move-for-willian/

WhiteJC

Fulham win LMA performance of the week
The League Managers' Association have nominated Fulham's victory over Tottenham Hotspur last weekend as their performance of the week.

The Whites swept Spurs aside – winning their third consecutive Premier League London derby 3-0 on a memorable night at Craven Cottage – as Rodrigo Muniz kept up his sensational scoring form and Sasa Lukic scored his first Fulham goal.

An LMA panel, featuring  Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Chris Hughton, Rachel Yankey, Les Ferdinand, Clare Tomlinson, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, conferred Utilita Performance Of The Week on the Cottagers. It is the second such success in quick succession for Marco Silva's side – after the Whites win at Old Trafford was also adjudged worthy of the award.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/fulham-win-lma-performance-of-the-week/

WhiteJC

Palhinha allowed to leave Portugal camp early
Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha has been given special dispensation to leave the Portuguese international camp early after playing in the 5-2 win over Sweden in Guimaraes on Thursday.

Palhinha played the full ninety minutes and was released from the second half of the camp by national team head coach Roberto Martinez alongside Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Ruben Dias, Nelson Semedo, Toti Gomes, Rafael Leao and Gonçalo Ramos.

The decision should give the midfielder time to recover ahead of Fulham's trip to Bramall Lane to take on Sheffield United next Saturday.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/palhinha-allowed-to-leave-portugal-camp-early/

WhiteJC

Fulham v Liverpool to be shown on Sky
Fulham's home game against title-chasing Liverpool will be broadcast live by Sky Sports and will now be switched to Sunday 21 April.

The match, originally scheduled for the previous day, will now kick off at 4.30pm at Craven Cottage, Fulham's official website confirmed earlier this morning.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/fulham-v-liverpool-to-be-shown-on-sky/

WhiteJC

Fulham Star On Liverpool And Tottenham Radar Determined To Focus On Football
Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur face waiting to be able to hold talks with Tosin Adarabioyo as the Fulham defender is determined to simply focus on his football for the rest of the season, according to the Evening Standard.

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur face waiting to be able to hold talks with Tosin Adarabioyo as the Fulham defender is determined to simply focus on his football for the rest of the season, according to the Evening Standard.

Since recovering from a groin injury in November, Adarabioyo has not looked back and has been a player Fulham boss Marco Silva is able to count on.

Adarabioyo is an attractive prospect for a number of clubs, with Liverpool and Tottenham two of the keenest.

Liverpool, who will have to prepare for life after Jurgen Klopp, have targeted Adarabioyo as a possible replacement for Joel Matip, whose contract at Anfield is to expire in the summer.

They are not alone though, with Tottenham also keeping alive their long-standing interest.

Spurs are expected to move for another centre-back in the summer and landing Adarabioyo could be seen as a no-brainer in north London.

Adarabioyo could line up a move elsewhere now, but that is not his intention.

The defender is determined to focus on his football and will not entertain thinking about a possible move now.

Fulham are working to extend Adarabioyo's stay beyond this summer and are ready to make the 26-year-old one of their top earners.

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/03/23/fulham-star-on-liverpool-and-tottenham-radar-determined-to-focus-on-football/640256/

WhiteJC

Football Bromance: The friendship between Fulham stars Alex Iwobi and Calvin Bassey
Alex Iwobi and Calvin Bassey are currently in Morocco for the Super Eagles' international friendlies against Ghana and Mali

The popular saying "teamwork makes the dream work" is a mantra that resonates deeply with football, Soccernet.ng reports.

Just like any successful venture, fostering strong relationships among teammates is essential for achieving collective goals, and the world of football is no different.

It, therefore, does not come as a surprise that football players on the same team develop great friendships that extend beyond the confines of the pitch. This is particularly evident in the case of Fulham F.C. players Alex Iwobi and Calvin Bassey.

Iwobi and Bassey are the perfect example when it comes to "football bromance,"  sharing a strong bond that is palpable both on and off the pitch. Their friendship is apparent in their interactions, which are characterised by mutual support and genuine affection.

Beyond celebrating each other's wins on the pitch with brotherly embraces, the Super Eagles stars also offer fans and followers alike a delightful glimpse into their off-field dynamic through candid videos and interviews.

The Nigerian duo's friendship is one that epitomises the spirit of sportsmanship and showcases genuine friendship, from sharing celebratory moments on the pitch to exchanging banter and laughter off it.

Iwobi and Bassey's relationship is proof that, beyond the rigorous demands of football, meaningful and lasting friendships can be formed.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/03/football-bromance-the-friendship-between-fulham-stars-alex-iwobi-and-calvin-bassey.html

WhiteJC

Fulham 'prepare Tosin Adarabioyo contract offer amid Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur talk'
Fulham are reportedly preparing to offer Tosin Adarabioyo a lucrative contract in order to prevent him from leaving Craven Cottage at the end of the campaign.

There is currently a host of speculation surrounding the 26-year-old's future, as his current deal with Marco Silva's side is due to expire this summer.

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are said to be interested in signing the centre-back, while AC Milan are also believed to be keeping a close eye on his situation in London.

According to the Evening Standard, Fulham remain determined to keep hold of Adarabioyo and are willing to make him one of their top earners to prevent a summer exit.

The report claims that the centre-back does not want any distractions in the final months of the campaign, but discussions have started over a potential new deal.

Adarabioyo started his career with Manchester City, but he only made eight first-team appearances for the Citizens before leaving in 2020 following successful loan spells at West Bromwich Albion and Blackburn Rovers.

The defender has represented Fulham on 127 occasions in all competitions, scoring four goals and contributing two assists in the process.

Adarabioyo missed a chunk of action earlier this season due to a groin injury, but he returned in late November and has been a vital player for Silva's side in recent months.

Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou recently said that he wants to bring another centre-back to the club this summer, while Liverpool are seemingly planning for life after Joel Matip, who only has a contract at Anfield until the end of the campaign.

Late last year, Fulham boss Silva said that he was "not worried" when it comes to Adarabioyo's future.

"I tried to sort it [his contract] out two years ago", the Fulham boss told reporters at the time. "Last season I did the same, and I did the same at the beginning of this season.

"He's a really good central defender. It's something that the club tried. They are probably still trying now. I'm not worried. I'm enjoying working with my players, and if they are available for me, I'm trying to get the best out of them."

Fulham were in strong form ahead of the March international break, winning four of their last six Premier League matches, which has left them in 12th position in the table, one point behind 11th-placed Chelsea.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/transfer-talk/news/fulham-prepare-adarabioyo-contract-offer-amid-liverpool-spurs-talk_539609.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Euro 2024 play-offs: Collective Wales effort needed to fill Gareth Bale void - Harry Wilson

Harry Wilson (right) replaced Gareth Bale in Wales' 2022 World Cup play-off final win over Ukraine
Euro 2024 qualifying play-off final: Wales v Poland
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium Date: Tuesday, 26 March Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Coverage: Live on S4C, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Radio Wales, BBC Radio Cymru, BBC Sounds, BBC Sport website and app, plus live text
Highlights: Match of the Day Wales, BBC One Wales from 22:40 and later on demand

Harry Wilson says Wales will need a collective effort to fill the void left by Gareth Bale.
Wales face Poland in a Euro 2024 play-off final on Tuesday, the culmination of their first qualifying campaign since Bale, their all-time leading goalscorer and former captain, retired.

Manager Robert Page has referenced Wilson as a player who has taken on more responsibility in Bale's absence.

"I don't think anyone was going to replace Gaz [Bale]," said Wilson.

"We knew when he left as a team we had to step up because he was leaving such a hole in that team.

"He was our captain, our leader, our best player. To lose his goals and his influence on the team, there was going to be a big gap there.

"It's not just me, a lot of players are playing really well at the moment. We're all coming together."

Wilson, who turned 27 on Friday, was one of Wales' star performers in their 4-1 win over Finland in Thursday's play-off semi-final.

The attacking midfielder had a hand in three of Wales' goals, having impressed during the regular group stage of qualifying as well.

Wilson has also been in fine form for Fulham, who have won three of their past four matches to consolidate their status as an established Premier League side.

"I feel I have moved to the next level," Wilson said. "The move to Fulham two and a half years ago now was a big one for me.

"I'd been on a lot of loans from Liverpool. Although my dream as a young lad was to make it into Liverpool's first team and play regularly, I knew that wasn't going to be the case.

"When I was 18, 19 and 20, I was trying to get into the team, but they had arguably the best front three in the world [Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino].

"So all the loans I went on really helped me to grow as a player and learn the game. It got to a stage in my life where I wanted to get settled from a personal side of things as well.

"So when the Fulham move came up, I spoke to [Fulham manager] Marco Silva on the phone and I just felt it was the right move.

"I feel it's been the perfect move for me and my game has gone to a new level.

"The Premier League is the best league in the world so to be playing regular football in a good team in that league means I can only get better."

'We must stop Lewandowski'
Having won comfortably against Finland, Wales will face tougher opposition in the form of Poland on Tuesday.

In Robert Lewandowski, the Poles have a talisman who carries their hopes like Bale used to for Wales.

The Barcelona striker has been one of the world's deadliest finishers for more than a decade and, although he is now 35, his 23 goals so far this season demonstrate he is still a potent threat.

"His hunger to score goals is the biggest thing," said Wilson.

"Everywhere he's been in his career he's scored, for club and for country. He's going to be their biggest threat.

"He might not be getting younger, but if we give him half a sniff at goal he's going to take it.

"First and foremost we need to make sure we stop him. We don't give him space and stop giving him any chances.

"If we do that, we're confident with the quality in our dressing room going the other way so we can really hurt them."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68645868

WhiteJC

Bogle-Campbell has QPR trial
Fulham attacking midfielder Ma'kel Bogle-Campbell played for Queens Park Rangers' development side against Sheffield Wednesday this afternoon as part of a trial with the Loftus Road outfit.

Eighteen year-old Bogle-Campbell has been at Fulham for two seasons having joined the Whites from Arsenal and signed a scholarship in 2022. But the youngster is not expected to be a new contract due to the Fulham academy's strength in midfield and has been allowed to trial with Rangers, who are currently looking at a number of potential new signings as they look to refresh their youth-team depth.

Wednesday won the fixture 3-1.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/bogle-campbell-has-qpr-trial/

WhiteJC

Liverpool Join Race For This Fulham Defender: What Will He Bring To The Club?
Liverpool are considering making a move for Tosin Adarabioyo.

Liverpool have been proactive in the market to put together a strong unit ahead of next season. In the latest development, they have identified Fulham player Tosin Adarabioyo as a potential target for the summer transfer window, as per Football Insider.

The Reds are preparing a move for the defender. He will come on a free transfer and could be a great deal for the club. However, Tottenham Hotspur are also interested in the deal and can cause trouble for Liverpool.

Tosin Adarabioyo has already established
Tosin Adarabioyo started his career at Manchester City before being loaned to West Bromwich Albion and Blackburn Rovers. However, Fulham lured him away on a permanent deal in winter of 2020. Since then, he has been making improvements step by step.

The centre-back has featured in 20 games this season so far, netting once. He is averaging 1.3 tackles, 1.3 interceptions and 4.8 clearances per game. However, he wants to have more game time as he is about to hit the peak years of his career (stats via whoscored).

Adarabioyo is a physically tall and strong defender, which makes him an ideal pick in the Premier League. He is good at winning aerial duels and also comfortable on the ball. Already established in the English League, he could be a valuable pick for many sides.

Good deal for Liverpool
Liverpool defender Joel Matip will be out of the contract at the end of the season, and they need to bring him his replacement. Tosin Adarabioyo's arrival will be a massive boost for the club. He has all the qualities needed to excel at the Anfield.

Though other teams are also monitoring the English defender, the Reds would be an ideal destination for the player. The 26-year-old will get enough game time to prove himself and also participate in the Champions League next season.

https://the4thofficial.net/2024/03/liverpool-join-race-for-this-fulham-defender-what-will-he-bring-to-the-club/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva may have just been handed the perfect Luis Boa Morte replacement at Fulham
Any time your manager beats Manchester United, Brighton and Hove Albion and Tottenham Hotspur in a matter of weeks, they are bound to attract some considerable interest.

Fulham boss Marco Silva is in that very boat having masterminded some outstanding victories in recent weeks.

Nobody inside Craven Cottage will be entertaining the idea of losing Silva, but we have seen speculation surrounding his future.

West Ham United are rumoured to be interested in Silva as they consider potential replacements for David Moyes at the end of the season.

Fulham certainly won't want to be forced into finding replacements for Silva, but the boss has a task of his own ahead of pre-season.

Silva has been dealt a huge blow as assistant manager Luis Boa Morte will be leaving the club at the end of the season.

Boa Morte will become the new manager of the Guinea-Bissau, leaving Fulham with a real hole to fill in the coming months.

Intriguingly, Silva's ideal candidate may have just become available...

Joao Pedro Sousa sacked as Fulham reunion surely appeals
Silva played alongside Angola-born Joao Pedro Sousa at Trofense before forming a long-standing partnership together.

Sousa became Silva's assistant manager at Estoril 2012 and they spent the next seven years together.

Sousa follow Silva to Sporting, Olympiacos, Hull City, Watford and Everton, working as his assistant with each of those clubs.

2019 saw Sousa fly the nest, so to speak, and become a manager in his own right with Famalicao.

Spells with Boavista and Al-Raed followed before heading back to Famalicao in 2022.

Currently eighth in Portugal's top flight, Famalicao have now decided to sack Sousa after a run of just one win in the last eight games.

"The SAD of Futebol Clube de Famalicão is grateful for the commitment and professionalism that the coach has always employed at the service of this institution and praises his undeniable contribution to the consolidation of our club in Portuguese football," their statement read.

Not only has Sousa been axed but a replacement has already been confirmed with Armando Evangelista appointed as his successor.

Sousa now finds himself out of work and the stars may have aligned for a reunion with Silva, becoming available just as Boa Morte's exit is confirmed.

Sousa may feel that he has already seen it all in the Premier League and doesn't need to go back to being an assistant after five years away as a manager.

The pull of reuniting with Silva will surely appeal though and the Fulham boss is bound to at least ask the question following Sousa's sacking.

Such a move would certainly make sense for Silva and Fulham, it's just down to whether Sousa fancies another run as an assistant manager at this stage in his career.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/03/23/marco-silva-may-have-just-been-handed-the-perfect-luis-boa-morte-replacement-at-fulham/

WhiteJC

Pereira creates Wembley winner on Brazil return
Fulham's Andreas Pereira created the winning goal as came off the bench tonight to help Brazil secure their first win at Wembley since 1995.

A much-changed Selecao side secured a win in new coach Doriva Junior's first game after Pereira unlocked the home defence with ten minutes to go. The midfielder's through ball put Vinicius Junior in on goal and, although Jordan Pickford saved his shot, seventeen year-old substitute Endrick tucked the rebound into an unguarded net.

Pereira, making his first appearance for the senior side in almost six years, almost set up a second goal in stoppage time when another excellent pass put Endrick through on goal again but the substitute was this time denied by Pickford.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/pereira-creates-wembley-winner-on-brazil-return/

WhiteJC

Sousa linked with Silva reunion
Reports in Portugal are suggesting that one of Marco Silva's former trusted lieutenants could link up with the Portuguese head coach at Craven Cottage once Luis Boa Morte leaves Fulham this summer.

With Boa Morte, currently Fulham's first team coach, set to become the new Guinea-Bissau head coach at the end of the current Premier League season, Silva will be expected to add a new recruit to his backroom staff during the close season. Joao Pedro Sousa, who was Silva's assistant manager at Estoril, Sporting, Olympiakos, Hull City, Watford and Everton, was sacked by Famalicão – where he was in his second stint as manager – on Tuesday after his side had won just one of their last eight matches.

Could the 52 year-old be set to resume his partnership with Silva in London? We'll have to wait and see.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/sousa-linked-with-silva-reunion/

demeant0r

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 24, 2024, 08:04:01 AMNottingham Forest 'return to the charge' for defender – €25m Fulham offer rejected already
Towards the end of the last summer window, we covered claims from Portugal explaining that Nottingham Forest had tabled a €30m bid for Benfica's Morato. This was after Fulham saw their bid rejected by the Portuguese club.

O Jogo had then stated the Eagles turned down the Premier League side's offer, hoping that they would collect more money for him in the future.

Fast forward to March and Jornal de Notícias now state Nottingham Forest 'return to the charge' for the 22-year-old.

Benfica manager Roger Schmidt has mainly used the Brazilian as a left-back rather than his preferred position in the heart of defence. That hasn't stopped clubs from England and France from looking at him for the summer.

Nottingham Forest are named as a contender from the Premier League and they are still interested in the South American.

Jornal de Notícias claim Benfica had also rejected Fulham's €25m offer last summer and will resist approaches for Morato after this season, as they see him as an important player for the future.

Morato earns €600k per year and has a €100m clause in a deal that lasts until 2027.

Benfica have promised to offer him a better deal but that hasn't been fulfilled just yet.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/nottingham-forest-return-charge-defender-e25m-fulham-offer-rejected-already/

How are Forest able to afford another £30m+ player after they've just been charged?